00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Jmurr12 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ex-cop goes on rampage in LA

16,892 Views | 262 Replies

Ex-cop goes on rampage in LA 2013-02-07 20:38:12

Here's his manifesto.
CNN article
This guy is probably the first shooter who actually has a good reason for going on a rampage.

PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature

Response to Ex-cop goes on rampage in LA 2013-02-07 20:45:49

that was a long read

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Ex-cop goes on rampage in LA 2013-02-07 20:47:25

At 2/7/13 08:38 PM, Stretchysumo wrote: Here's his manifesto.
CNN article
This guy is probably the first shooter who actually has a good reason for going on a rampage.

He's mad about corrupt cops... so he kills someone's innocent daughter...
And this started because his coworker wrongly kicked a man?
Wow what a great reason to murder people!

Response to Ex-cop goes on rampage in LA 2013-02-07 20:50:47

At 2/7/13 08:47 PM, 372 wrote:
CNN article

I'm saying it's a good reason, not that it justifies it. The cops are killing innocents too because they suspected they may have been him.

BBS Signature

Response to Ex-cop goes on rampage in LA 2013-02-07 20:59:36

Also, it's actually worth reading his manifesto. The media barely scratches the surface. He's pissed off because honest cops are exiled, because the LAPD is just as bad as the gangs, and because nothing will ever be done about it. The corrupt department framed him and ruined his life because he wanted to stand up for what is right.

BBS Signature

Response to Ex-cop goes on rampage in LA 2013-02-07 21:13:03

I hope Michael Bay ends up directing the film based on this.

This too will pass.

Memento mori

BBS Signature

Response to Ex-cop goes on rampage in LA 2013-02-07 21:20:17

Also, it's actually worth reading his manifesto. The media barely scratches the surface. He's pissed off because honest cops are exiled, because the LAPD is just as bad as the gangs, and because nothing will ever be done about it. The corrupt department framed him and ruined his life because he wanted to stand up for what is right.

That's what happened in his mind, anyway.

Response to Ex-cop goes on rampage in LA 2013-02-07 21:32:27

Been hearing about this shit all day, its all on the news and the police are patrollin hard everywhere i go.

Sheesh hurry up and get dude

Are you not Entertained ?!?

BBS Signature

Response to Ex-cop goes on rampage in LA 2013-02-07 21:38:05

At 2/7/13 09:29 PM, Zachary wrote:
At 2/7/13 08:47 PM, 372 wrote:
CNN article
He killed them because they were the family of someone who testified against him or something. His reasoning was that he got fired because of that person which ended his life, so he ended theirs. Not a good one, but yeah.

Yeah he killer her boyfriend too so I don't think he had anything to do with it. But as a police officer you'd think he'd realize that by murdering innocent people he becomes what he claims to despise? I just don't get why someone whos so "disgusted" with the actions of corrupt cops would murder people in retaliation...

Also his uh, manifesto is pretty odd.

Response to Ex-cop goes on rampage in LA 2013-02-07 21:47:25

I can't believe you're giving this guy any consideration because you've read his completely one-sided manifesto.

The guy could be fucking crazy, for all you know.

Response to Ex-cop goes on rampage in LA 2013-02-07 21:57:13

At 2/7/13 09:47 PM, Darthdenim wrote: I can't believe you're giving this guy any consideration because you've read his completely one-sided manifesto.

The guy could be fucking crazy, for all you know.

Well of course he's crazy, he doesn't deny it. Neither side is in the right, him and the LAPD are gunning down civilians. The LAPD is corrupt, so is the police department in most major cities. In Chicago, there was a huge scandal because the police department was literally capturing and torturing people. He doesn't care if what he's doing is right, he wants vengeance. He wants to destroy the police department that burned him and everyone they love.

BBS Signature

Response to Ex-cop goes on rampage in LA 2013-02-07 22:19:34

At 2/7/13 10:01 PM, TNT wrote:
At 2/7/13 09:57 PM, Stretchysumo wrote: The LAPD is corrupt, so is the police department in most major cities.
Can you enlighten us with sources please?

Gladly
http://m.gawker.com/5982476/lapd-shooting-innocents-in-incom petent-manhunt-for-killer-cop
http://chicagotorture.org/history/
http://gothamist.com/2012/10/16/guilty_cop_calls_nypd_most_c orrupt.php

BBS Signature

Response to Ex-cop goes on rampage in LA 2013-02-07 22:22:36

At 2/7/13 10:19 PM, Stretchysumo wrote:
At 2/7/13 09:57 PM, Stretchysumo wrote: The LAPD is corrupt, so is the police department in most major cities.
Gladly
http://m.gawker.com/5982476/lapd-shooting-innocents-in-incom petent-manhunt-for-killer-cop

That sounds more like simple stupidity than some kind of corruption.

Response to Ex-cop goes on rampage in LA 2013-02-07 22:26:04

At 2/7/13 10:22 PM, Darthdenim wrote:
At 2/7/13 10:19 PM, Stretchysumo wrote:
Gladly
That sounds more like simple stupidity than some kind of corruption.

The cops shot Asian people in a completely different type of car than the suspect, after they already drove PAST the house. They don't care about spilling innocent blood. There's no excuse for trigger-happy cops firing at random cars.

BBS Signature

Response to Ex-cop goes on rampage in LA 2013-02-07 22:36:35

Just goes to show what kind of people they let in the LAPD.

<3

BBS Signature

Response to Ex-cop goes on rampage in LA 2013-02-07 22:59:56

I read a lot of his manifesto and he seems like a nice and reasonable guy, even accounting for the fact that he is biased for himself. He just doesnt really have anything left to live for so he figured he might as well take the corrupt police who ruined his life with him. I dont agree with shooting random police though.

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to Ex-cop goes on rampage in LA 2013-02-07 23:03:22

Obviously he was corrupt, what do you expect when he's working with cops where corruption is the norm? If you refuse to believe that widespread police corruption in cities isn't real, you're entitled to that belief, but the sad truth is greed and hatred is a part of our human nature. I just linked one article about NYC, I could easily find more. Chicago, NYC, and LA are all notorious for corruption, just ask anyone who's dealt with cops in one of these cities. Even if you could deny NYPD was corrupt, you can't deny CPD and LAPD are completely corrupt. Nothing will be done because the police cover their own asses. Police brutality is punished with a slap on the wrist. I'm not saying all police are corrupt, but the force in these cities specifically is undeniably corrupt.

BBS Signature

Response to Ex-cop goes on rampage in LA 2013-02-07 23:06:18

Yeah, I've heard of him. He got dismissed from the force for reporting a violation with his superiors. And he resorted to killing after the courts and the rest of his department shunned him...tsk tsk.

TracyJackson

The Art of Warfare gaming community Member

Apply into one of our dozen supported clans today! (TAW Clan)

Response to Ex-cop goes on rampage in LA 2013-02-07 23:24:44

"Only cops and the military should have guns! They can't do anything bad! think of the chirruns!"
-Liberals

Hahahahaha I wanna hear from them now.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/07/christopher-dorner-
anderson-cooper_n_2641217.html

Ć¢EUZ"The package arrived on the first of February and was opened by Cooper's assistant," Blitzer reported. It contained: a hand-labeled DVD with a yellow Post-It note that read, "I never lied," which Blitzer said appeared to be referring to Dorner's 2008 dismissal; a coin wrapped in duct tape, which was inscribed with "Thanks but no thanks, Will Bratton" - the former chief of the Los Angeles police department - and "IMOA" (which commonly stands for "Imagine a More Open America"). The coin, which Blitzer reported is given by as an LAPD souvenir, was shot through with bullet holes
He didn't write IMOA! He wrote 1 MOA, as in 1 minute of angle meaning he had the ability to shoot a 1" spread at 100 yards. Sure explains the small coin having bullet holes in it. CNN doesn't even bother looking shit up, they just want to shove words in people's mouths and misinform the public. I'm going to my angry dome.

Sig by BabiesAteMyDingo

BBS Signature

Response to Ex-cop goes on rampage in LA 2013-02-07 23:26:23

Heard about this today.

Gosh....Aurora, Newtown, College...When will it end?

Response to Ex-cop goes on rampage in LA 2013-02-07 23:40:40

Shit, this is fucking crazy. It's like something out of a movie.

"Guns don't kill people, the government does."

- Dale Gribble

Please do not contact Homor to get your message added to this sig, there is no more room.

BBS Signature

Response to Ex-cop goes on rampage in LA 2013-02-07 23:42:04

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2012/06/cops-faced-reta liation-for-reporting-corruption.html
Here's a report of the exact same kind of cover-ups in NYC. Granted, the state is finally taking it seriously and taking action, which is a step in the right direction. That's more than can be said about Chicago or LA. Again, I'm not saying all cops are corrupt, but in the largest cities corruption is very widespread and is a largely ignored issue.

BBS Signature

Response to Ex-cop goes on rampage in LA 2013-02-07 23:56:37

After reading his last words, I... can't help but feel sorry for the guy. He meant well, and seemed like a good dude at heart. And yeah, the LAPD always has been notoriously corrupt. I mean, I don't think he should've gone on a rampage like this but his intentions were well.

Response to Ex-cop goes on rampage in LA 2013-02-08 00:24:11

I felt sorry for him at first but I sense that he's accepted this. He offered to stop the killings if they just publicly admit to corruption and he has a defined shit list. I don't think he's scared, I believe the LAPD is, I think the civilian casualties is proof of that. It's a fraternal order and tends to run in families, so I can understand his thinking, in a way. I tend to see it as he says it is, being that it's it's between him and LAPD.

He's targeting corrupt cops, who would normally get away with playing the hero card. He is from their order, let them deal with him.

I neither approve nor disaprove, if that makes sense. It's easy to romantacize it or call it raving mad but I feel it's none of my biz.

quite interesting tho', IMO.

Thanks to Green-Chicken for the sig graphics, ur awesome.

BBS Signature

Response to Ex-cop goes on rampage in LA 2013-02-08 00:31:42

He has a manifesto http://pastebin.com/qPMFkJwp

its a really grey situation to be honest. Both sides are bad (keep in the mind the ex-cop is trying to kill police officers at random and also kill their family members)

Response to Ex-cop goes on rampage in LA 2013-02-08 00:35:21

Taking matters into your own hands can be very dangerous

Are you not Entertained ?!?

BBS Signature

Response to Ex-cop goes on rampage in LA 2013-02-08 00:41:04

Like I said before this is a really grey situation...

what he is doing is pretty evil but if what he is saying about corruption in the police is true (and he is probably telling the truth) then the police actually have the power to stop this. He has promised to stop this if the police admit to corruption.

And the media are just complete tools as always and are dismissing his manifesto as 'rambling' without mentioning the ex-cop's claims in a non-biased way.

Response to Ex-cop goes on rampage in LA 2013-02-08 01:31:50

Let's hope he kill them all. He would be so much fucked if no one is alive to stand agains him.

Response to Ex-cop goes on rampage in LA 2013-02-08 01:44:36

First I've heard of this story, new to the topic. Gotta get up in the morning, keeping this minimized...I'm at, uhh...paragraph 48

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Ex-cop goes on rampage in LA 2013-02-08 02:25:07

You sure are bOLD, telling everyone this. What if he tries to murder you in cOLD blood?

welcum 2 da teem shieky

BBS Signature