New Topic Respond to this Topic
Savourai
Savourai
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Flash Question (important) 2013-02-07 11:41:11 Reply

I have a BIG issue with my current project, I will try to explain what the problem is and if anyone has a solution please take the time to help me (pretty please!)

Okay, so as you can see in the image below, I am doing an animation (don't comment on the art please :P) and I have the background set to green because I want to use it as a green screen. Problem is, if I apply the chroma key tool at sony vegas, only the outline shows. I do not want to color it, I only want the characters to be black and white.
So my question is, do I have to take each and every frame and color everything white, or is there any other way to get the job done faster?

I do realize that it is kinda hard to understand what I want but if anyone understands, I could really use your knowledge

Flash Question (important)

Mattster
Mattster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Game Developer
Response to Flash Question (important) 2013-02-07 11:57:22 Reply

I would assume that you'd have to color in each frame. If you set the paint bucket fill mode to "Close large gaps" (or something like that) it should take no time at all ;)

But again, that's coming from a programmer's perspective. You may have more luck in the Animation forum.

egg82
egg82
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 05
Game Developer
Response to Flash Question (important) 2013-02-07 12:03:29 Reply

from my experience, Flash is an animation tool designed to create and edit vector graphics. You'll most likely have horrible luck with your green screen. Try a program that actually does that kind of thing (like Adobe After-Effects)

Programming stuffs (tutorials and extras)
PM me (instead of MintPaw) if you're confuzzled.
thank Skaren for the sig :P

BBS Signature
milchreis
milchreis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Programmer
Response to Flash Question (important) 2013-02-07 12:46:34 Reply

At 2/7/13 12:03 PM, egg82 wrote: Try a program that actually does that kind of thing (like Adobe After-Effects)

he does