00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

FylypFimpossible just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Why the fuck can't I get a job

6,673 Views | 37 Replies

Why the fuck can't I get a job 2013-02-07 02:57:47

I mean I don't smell like shit I bathe reguarly (sure I get lazy sometimes but not to the point where it's unbearable), I dress appropriately, I go for jobs that are easy to get at the moment (I.E. Cashiering, Stock, etc), I've improved on my social skills so I can at least communicate more effeciently then in recent yars, I have experience so what's the problem? I mean I know the economy blows ass but people are getting jobs more then me!

And people say that companies do background checks on your Facebook but that's bullshit considering people who are more messed up then me get jobs and are able to keep them.

I don't get it what am I doing wrong!

Tl;dr Sure I may not be Mr.Perfect but why are other idiots getting jobs and I'm not?

Oh and quick note I'm 20 years old if you ask me how old I am.

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to Why the fuck can't I get a job 2013-02-07 02:59:22

cuz ur hair

私のちんちん

BBS Signature

Response to Why the fuck can't I get a job 2013-02-07 03:00:13

At 2/7/13 02:59 AM, Nor wrote: cuz ur hair

My hair?

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to Why the fuck can't I get a job 2013-02-07 03:03:23

At 2/7/13 03:00 AM, Wegra wrote:
My hair?

yes

Response to Why the fuck can't I get a job 2013-02-07 03:06:51

At 2/7/13 03:03 AM, TheColourAwesome wrote:
At 2/7/13 03:00 AM, Wegra wrote:
My hair?
yes

What is it too long? Does it make me look like a homeless person? Spit it out!

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to Why the fuck can't I get a job 2013-02-07 03:08:50

I wonder what would happen if you refused to tell a potential employer what your Facebook is. I mean, they're not supposed to be able to require that.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Why the fuck can't I get a job 2013-02-07 03:18:43

The economy blows. That's all.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Why the fuck can't I get a job 2013-02-07 03:18:50

Time to stop depending on employers and earn things yourself. The way things are going, you'll need a doctorate to man a 7/11.

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

BBS Signature

Response to Why the fuck can't I get a job 2013-02-07 03:33:15

You could always start your own business btw. It's a a piece of cake, just 1.) But stuff retail from HK and 2.) Sell it! I've been thinking of doing that for years..

BBS Signature

Response to Why the fuck can't I get a job 2013-02-07 03:40:48

At 2/7/13 03:33 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: You could always start your own business btw. It's a a piece of cake, just 1.) But stuff retail from HK and 2.) Sell it! I've been thinking of doing that for years..

I always thought it'd be neat to run a store out of your house like they do in parts of Asia. You know, have a window at the front with a counter and just chill in a chair.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Why the fuck can't I get a job 2013-02-07 03:46:54

At 2/7/13 03:40 AM, Sense-Offender wrote: I always thought it'd be neat to run a store out of your house like they do in parts of Asia. You know, have a window at the front with a counter and just chill in a chair.

That would be nice. The problem with most houses outside of Asia are that they're in a bit too remote locations, at least mine is... oh well, there's always the Internet (to sell things, I mean).

BBS Signature

Response to Why the fuck can't I get a job 2013-02-07 04:28:12

Go to McDonalds. Be a cashier. Watch how many fatties are asking you for a big mac and try not to laugh.

But seriously though. Just keep sending job applications.

BBS Signature

Response to Why the fuck can't I get a job 2013-02-07 04:35:34

I'm 16 and everyone around me is getting part time jobs and I really don't want to bother.

Even worse is that for school we have to do one week of work experience and its such fucking bullshit I honestly can't be fucked

if I ever have to get a cashier job it would be cool to get one at a video game store or something

Response to Why the fuck can't I get a job 2013-02-07 04:53:46

At 2/7/13 04:50 AM, TheColourAwesome wrote: I work at a PC shop off and on. I'm living your dream of becoming a faggot.

*sigh*

BBS Mod, PM me if you have something to report.

BBS Signature

Response to Why the fuck can't I get a job 2013-02-07 04:58:41

Do you have any past working experience? Who are you putting down for references? are you clean shaven, articulate, and have a respectable haircut? what special skillsets do you have? Are you applying anywhere where you have friends already in? can they vouche for you?

Response to Why the fuck can't I get a job 2013-02-07 05:15:25

Why don't you search on internet? My mother has no job for now and she searchs job in the internet, or just go around the city and find some place where they will need help.
:Or perhaps you don't have what it takes. :l

"I fapped to this topic."

- Razeroath.

Response to Why the fuck can't I get a job 2013-02-07 05:23:25

It's probably because you don't know the difference between ''then'' and ''than''. Sort your grammar, good sir.

New tune: Yag

Response to Why the fuck can't I get a job 2013-02-07 06:04:48

At 2/7/13 02:57 AM, Wegra wrote: I mean I don't smell like shit I bathe reguarly (sure I get lazy sometimes but not to the point where it's unbearable), I dress appropriately, I go for jobs that are easy to get at the moment (I.E. Cashiering, Stock, etc), I've improved on my social skills so I can at least communicate more effeciently then in recent yars, I have experience so what's the problem? I mean I know the economy blows ass but people are getting jobs more then me!

And people say that companies do background checks on your Facebook but that's bullshit considering people who are : more messed up then me get jobs and are able to keep them.

First of all, learn how to speak... You did mistake in some words, theres an diffenence between 'then' and 'than', sir. (Most fancy word today: Sir)

- Razeroath.

Response to Why the fuck can't I get a job 2013-02-07 06:05:51

At 2/7/13 06:04 AM, Dawcio510 wrote:
And people say that companies do background checks on your Facebook but that's bullshit considering people who are : more messed up then me get jobs and are able to keep them.
First of all, learn how to speak... You did mistake in some words, theres an diffenence between 'then' and 'than', sir. (Most fancy word today: Sir)

Difference*, stupid keyboard.

- Razeroath.

Response to Why the fuck can't I get a job 2013-02-07 06:23:17

Make sure you know someone that can hook you up. That will give you a significant lift and that would also be true for people who've never had a previous job in their lives. It helps to understand how many resumes most employers get, especially big ones like McDonald's, KFC, Subway, etc.--so they only have so many vacancies to fill, even though I'm sure you're qualified for every job you've aimed for. One day, if you keep sending resumes, you may get lucky enough to get a call back, get an interview and get hired, but you really should seek out a hook up if you don't have forever to wait. If you haven't done so already, make sure you post a Facebook status saying that you're looking for a job and ask if there's anything anyone can do to help--even friends who you never talk to may come forward.

Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature

Response to Why the fuck can't I get a job 2013-02-07 06:36:29

At 2/7/13 05:23 AM, Syztm wrote: It's probably because you don't know the difference between ''then'' and ''than''. Sort your grammar, good sir.

Most simple jobs don't require proper grammar skills..

BBS Signature

Response to Why the fuck can't I get a job 2013-02-07 11:39:24

Screw it all man be a drug dealer

Response to Why the fuck can't I get a job 2013-02-07 11:40:53

blame the capitalist pigs that run companies that refuse to hire people just because they're more preoccupied with the bottomline than to help the overall social status and welfare of people.

DevourerJay~Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

BBS Signature

Response to Why the fuck can't I get a job 2013-02-07 11:55:06

At 2/7/13 11:39 AM, Pa4oo wrote: Screw it all man be a drug dealer

Better yet, make the drugs and sell it to dealers. Even more $$$.

BBS Signature

Response to Why the fuck can't I get a job 2013-02-07 11:57:52

Do you know a place where somebody you know is in a high position?

That's the real way you get a good job in this world.

It's who you know, and everything is secondary.

Don't believe the American dream crap about hard work.

Response to Why the fuck can't I get a job 2013-02-07 12:01:55

At 2/7/13 11:55 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: Better yet, make the drugs and sell it to dealers. Even more $$$.

there is indeed good money to be made doing such a thing, hell come to colorado where pot is legal is grow it, sell it to the dispensaries... ?????.... profit!

DevourerJay~Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

BBS Signature

Response to Why the fuck can't I get a job 2013-02-07 12:06:41

At 2/7/13 12:01 PM, DevourerJay wrote: there is indeed good money to be made doing such a thing, hell come to colorado where pot is legal is grow it, sell it to the dispensaries... ?????.... profit!

Almost sounds too good to be true. :)

At 2/7/13 11:57 AM, Darthdenim wrote: Don't believe the American dream crap about hard work.

I thought the American dream was to work little and attain insane profits.
Hard work always pays off tho...

BBS Signature

Response to Why the fuck can't I get a job 2013-02-07 12:21:52

At 2/7/13 02:57 AM, Wegra wrote: I mean I don't smell like shit I bathe reguarly (sure I get lazy sometimes but not to the point where it's unbearable), I dress appropriately, I go for jobs that are easy to get at the moment (I.E. Cashiering, Stock, etc), I've improved on my social skills so I can at least communicate more effeciently then in recent yars, I have experience so what's the problem? I mean I know the economy blows ass but people are getting jobs more then me!

It's just the economy. Unless you're a piece of shit, or are on drugs all the time, or lazy, it isn't really your fault. Many young people have completed their degrees and still can't find jobs. Because companies don't want to hire a degree, they want to hire someone with work experience. A degree is mostly useless unless you're going for a profession like medicine or law.

Response to Why the fuck can't I get a job 2013-02-07 12:56:36

Me too, but I don't have a facebook so they can't get dirt on me.

Get lyrically fit!!!!

Props to Embr for putting my sig into shape!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Why the fuck can't I get a job 2013-05-09 14:39:19

At 2/7/13 05:10 AM, ZeroAsALimit wrote: FIrst off, as you pointed out, the economy is fucked.

Secondly, you are young, employers want someone who is desperate to get a job, to pay the bills.

I know this is an old thread but I thought it was the opposite. They want people who want to be worked to the bone of sorts

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature