The sequel to "Outpost:Haven"4.04 / 5.00 28,491 Views
Hunt The Candy!!!3.84 / 5.00 10,750 Views
A thrilling rush through cyberspace!3.78 / 5.00 31,849 Views
I don't know Actionscript worth a damn
I have read every bit of the API instructions and FAQs in the NG Wiki
That being said, I still have a problem. I want to put an ad loader into my Flash. I download the file, bring it into Flash CS6 (I've tried on my friend's CS4 as well), and put it in the first frame. I put my API ID into the properties box and (a) cannot find any input field for the Encryption Key, and (b) receive compiler errors upon launching the SWF. The two errors are as follows:
Symbol 'Flash Ad' 1017: The definition of base class FlashAdBase was not found.
, Line 1 5000: The class 'com.newgrounds.components.FlashAdBase' must subclass 'flash.display.MovieClip' since it is linked to a library symbol of that type.
Could somebody please give simple but descriptive steps on how to successfully get an ad loader to work for a dumbass such as myself? The SWF skips the first frame and I'd like to fix it. Thanks guys, metaphorical blowjobs for everyone who helps out.
I've been having the SAME PROBLEM dude. Every time I try to export the SWF, compiler errors show up and it pisses me off. I can't tell what's wrong. I've followed the instructions. Help would be appreciated.
I'm using Flash CS4, so here's a step-by-step guide for how I'd add the loader:
1. ) Open my own file, and open the NG file at the same time.
2. ) Copy the component from the NG file to your own file, place it on the first frame.
3. ) Double click on the component, and you'll be taken inside the main component movieclip.
4. ) Now just mark/click the component, and a box like the one below should be seen in a panel to your left, fill in all the info there. If it isn't showing, make sure the 'Properties' panel is open. I'm using the classic layout mode. There are some other options you could change apart from entering API and encryption key, like if you want simple ads or video ads, etc. Info for all of those are in the wiki.
5. ) After it's done, exit the component and add a stop(); to the first frame of your submission. Without that it will just skip right past the loader.
Also, make sure you're using the right version of actionscript for the API.
Hope that works!