personnotstudying
personnotstudying
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Female Character Design Help Feb. 5th, 2013 @ 10:31 PM Reply

Hello :)

I'm currently working on a female character design for a future comic and animation but something about her seems a bit off for me. People aren't really my strong point so any feedback would be really appreciated.
Thanks!

Female Character Design Help

lovingthedark
lovingthedark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Artist
Response to Female Character Design Help Feb. 5th, 2013 @ 11:17 PM Reply

At 2/5/13 10:31 PM, personnotstudying wrote: Hello :)

I'm currently working on a female character design for a future comic and animation but something about her seems a bit off for me. People aren't really my strong point so any feedback would be really appreciated.
Thanks!

Her groin appears to start pretty high up (like not where the legs separate) and the tits are maybe a wee bit high. The left knee might be a little off but i'd like to see the hips/groin straightened out before I say where it should go.
You've generally done a great job here, please post some more!

Basic Art Tips_______________Art 101_______________ Orn's Scouting Guide_______________NG Art Chat

BBS Signature
maficmelody
maficmelody
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Animator
Response to Female Character Design Help Feb. 6th, 2013 @ 02:19 AM Reply

I like the lines you used to make the characters face, it's a very clean comic look. I also agree with the hip area note and some of the legs. Attached what shapes I broke down in my head, if that helps any.

At 2/5/13 11:17 PM, lovingthedark wrote:
At 2/5/13 10:31 PM, personnotstudying wrote: Hello :)

Thanks!
Her groin appears to start pretty high up (like not where the legs separate) and the tits are maybe a wee bit high. The left knee might be a little off but i'd like to see the hips/groin straightened out before I say where it should go.
You've generally done a great job here, please post some more!

Female Character Design Help