• 7 Replies
Lympha
Lympha
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Melancholy
Favorite Genres 2013-02-05 18:51:25

So, we all have certain genres we do and do not enjoy. Though I dislike seeing a competitive attitude towards other genres that one doesn't like, even though the unspecific significant other does.

So let's discuss genres you enjoy and explain why. If you insist you can also tell us which you don't like (and for what reasons), but please don't get into any irrational discussions that lead to circlejerking and beating dead horses.

Genres I personally enjoy a lot are:
Drum 'n Base; because this is a rather wide genre I'll try to be more specific. A sub-genre I really enjoy is liquid. Artists like Feint are in my opinion the next best thing to concrete euphoria. Only a little selection of artists is able to do that, but when they do, I can listen the song continuously for days without getting tired of it.
Pop; this one is kind of two-sided, as I'm not a big fan of most pop music. Just once in a while I manage to find a track that I really enjoy. Ken Ashcorp is an incredibly talented artist that really makes me enjoy this genre. He also manages to make it sound very enjoyable to me, by combining it with Hip-Hop.
Alternative: this one is especially wide. But to give an example of what kind of 'alternative' music I listen to. Modest Mouse is a band I find really amazing. Their lyrics make no sense 90% of the time, but they are able to create a really raw kind of music that tickles my fancy.

So, share some music genres you really enjoy and please, keep it friendly.

Reverting evolution.

BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Musician
Response to Favorite Genres 2013-02-05 19:11:44

Here are some useful links. Please read the rules and then make good use of the available threads.

- Newgrounds Audio Forum Rules

- Guidelines for submitting audio. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ!

- A few things you should know about how we handle copyright infringements

- Here is a link to some Audio Resources.

- Audio Advertisements Thread

- Album Thread Guidelines

- Review Request Club Thread

- Works In Progress Advice Thread

- Collab Forum

- If you notice any audio content that breaks site rules, provide a link to it in the Audio Portal Cleanup Thread

Thank-you for your attention.

Rampant
Rampant
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Favorite Genres 2013-02-05 19:33:00

^ were not the rules revised to now allow for appreciation-of-music threads?

BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Musician
Response to Favorite Genres 2013-02-05 20:24:44

At 2/5/13 07:33 PM, RampantMusik wrote: ^ were not the rules revised to now allow for appreciation-of-music threads?

As thus AFAIK:

"Please focus discussion on the creation and appreciation of original works here on Newgrounds. Threads about your favorite non-community artist, bands, songs, DJ's, your brothers sisters siblings crazy guitar solos and the like belong in the General Forum."

Rampant
Rampant
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Favorite Genres 2013-02-06 08:22:04

At 2/5/13 08:24 PM, BrokenDeck wrote:
At 2/5/13 07:33 PM, RampantMusik wrote: ^ were not the rules revised to now allow for appreciation-of-music threads?
As thus AFAIK:

"Please focus discussion on the creation and appreciation of original works here on Newgrounds. Threads about your favorite non-community artist, bands, songs, DJ's, your brothers sisters siblings crazy guitar solos and the like belong in the General Forum."

Except the important modifying clause in your post is non-community. Whether genre is or is not considered 'community-related' is left rather ambiguous: it could be argued that 'favorite genres,' if it's kept limited to those on NewGrounds and artists in the Audio Portal, does meet the requirement of 'community artists, bands, [and] songs."

midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Favorite Genres 2013-02-06 09:30:06

At 2/6/13 08:22 AM, RampantMusik wrote: Except the important modifying clause in your post is non-community. Whether genre is or is not considered 'community-related' is left rather ambiguous: it could be argued that 'favorite genres,' if it's kept limited to those on NewGrounds and artists in the Audio Portal, does meet the requirement of 'community artists, bands, [and] songs."

dat loophole!

OP is in all bold and he spelled bass wrong - I don't think this thread needs to exist, personally!

p.s. i am gay

Lympha
Lympha
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Melancholy
Response to Favorite Genres 2013-02-06 14:00:30

At 2/6/13 09:30 AM, midimachine wrote:

:he spelled bass wrong

Oh God, you're right, it's moments like these that I wish I could edit my posts.

Anyhow, considering this has obviously been posted wrongly and the response isn't that enthusiastic, so to say, I request a lock on this one...

Or whatever BBS moderators do with fail-threads.

Reverting evolution.

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to Favorite Genres 2013-02-06 14:02:13

At 2/6/13 02:00 PM, Lympha wrote: Anyhow, considering this has obviously been posted wrongly and the response isn't that enthusiastic, so to say, I request a lock on this one...

Or whatever BBS moderators do with fail-threads.

Your wish is my command.

Audio/BBS Mod
News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature