New Topic Respond to this Topic
TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Blank Slate
How do you set up a Credit Card? 2013-02-05 16:07:20 Reply

The Bold parts are the parts I want you to read the most, unless you're interested in the horrible Tuesday I've had thus far.

Can anyone explain to me in simple terms, how I can get a Credit Card and how it works?
Please don't link to google, I'd like someone to explain it to me unlike the Employee at RadioShack who poorly explained to me how their RadioShack Debit card worked. Google isn't the Solution for everything in my opinion.

Can I go to my local Bank and apply for one and at the same time put as much money as I want into it or do they usually have limits? Like will they let me only put 50 bucks in it or do they want more like 100 bucks? How does it work?

I know each Credit Card company is different so please suggest the better Credit Card Companies to go with. Also, I do not want any interests on it, if I have that money in there they won't just take it out if I haven't spent any of it. I can understand if I get interests if I pay for something I don't have the money for but I don't want interests for stuff that I can afford.

Thank you, I have had a really bad day with Office Max(Slow, I was behind 1 person and it took 25 minutes and they still didn't get done with the person), than I ran to our Mall for a Debit card and bought a crappy Greenspot Debit card which was explained to me poorly by the Employee there on what I could and can not do with it. I went home and found out that the greenspot Debit card does not work with Countries outside of America and it wanted to charge me 6 dollars monthly! I called Greenspot up and they were nice even tho I was very angry/frustrated and apologized to the woman several times because I think she understood that I was having a really bad day. They said they will send me a 25 dollar Check in the mail.

But the real problem is that the Employee at Radioshack didn't explain to me that the card wasn't refundable(He lied when I went back and claim he told me this but I'm 99 percent sure He didn't and was just trying to save face probably in front of his Manager) So I lost $4.95 which might seem like nothing to you guys but it is something to me with this terrible Economy. I wanted to Smash the kids face because I blamed him mostly for it even tho I should have been smarter and realized that they probably don't train their Employees at Radioshack too well. So I couldn't blame him entirely plus it wasn't worth getting arrested for. I mean I am partially to blame for actually thinking people would actually do their jobs right and know the products they are selling.

Also at OfficeMax I had no problem with the two women today who were working registers, I had problems seeing all the White Employees(I'm white btw, Not lying) but the White Male Employees looked like they were wandering around while I was in there for 25 minutes waiting to buy a 25 debit card and I thought that was rude and that they should have opened up another Register. My anger did get the best of me today but I really am sick of bad Employees and I have to blame the Companies like OfficeMax and RadioShack for not training Employees properly. You can say they were stocking stuff but it didn't appear like that to me. Also, I would not run a business poorly like that where I lose Customers because one of the 5 white men couldn't take the time to get on a Register.

Also, Greenspot still has not sent me an email or text my phone so I hope they were honest about refunding my 25 dollars by sending in the next 10 days because I am really upset about this whole situation. I don't think the Woman on the phone held a grudge because I think she understood what type of day I was having.

My apologizes for typing all that, I'm sure most of you didn't read all of it which is fine because I can understand that time is precious. That is why I was upset with the 25 wait time at Office Max while I was standing behind only 1 person to buy something. I wasn't the only customer who flipped out either, some older Black woman was gonna buy a case of Water bottles dropped the Water Bottles on the Counter and left and she did not seem to please with the slow service.

I bleed Orange, Green, and Red.
Flyers, Eagles, Phillies, and Sixers.

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to How do you set up a Credit Card? 2013-02-05 16:10:45 Reply

TLDR me there guy I can help you.

Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to How do you set up a Credit Card? 2013-02-05 16:30:06 Reply

If you want my honest opinion, don't get a credit card unless you really, really need one. They will cause problems with your money galore, and there's just too much work required to have the advantage of not having to carry money around.

TAB
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping
"xenomit is well... xenomit" ~ General consensus

BBS Signature
ash
ash
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Melancholy
Response to How do you set up a Credit Card? 2013-02-05 16:35:51 Reply

Getting a credit card will help you build credit! Dont tell him not to use it, just be responsible with it.
Just go into your bank and ask them what they can offer you credit card wise,

BBS Signature
Boss
Boss
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to How do you set up a Credit Card? 2013-02-05 16:37:47 Reply

to set up a credit card stand it on one of its narrow flat surfaces. this takes good balance skills. you could lean it against something and that would also suffice

I'm an instigator

BBS Signature
MilkyChocolate
MilkyChocolate
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Voice Actor
Response to How do you set up a Credit Card? 2013-02-05 16:56:43 Reply

You write your questions down, walk into the bank, and ask them all your questions.
They have all the answers.
I promise.

: "Sorry, but 'FUCK.als' already exists"

BBS Signature
DarkMatter
DarkMatter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Animator
Response to How do you set up a Credit Card? 2013-02-05 20:15:53 Reply

This is what you need to know.

1st) Banks have an application process for credit cards, which means they don't just give them, you ak and pray they say yes.
2nd) It helps to have a bank account with the bank whose card you are applying for, otherwise they really have no reason to give you a credit card. It's not impossible, but yeah, unlikely.

WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO THAT DUDE WITH THE RED HAT BROWN TRENCH COAT AND SHOTGUN?!?! I miss the old ASSASSIN days. Click Me

BBS Signature
yurgenburgen
yurgenburgen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Artist
Response to How do you set up a Credit Card? 2013-02-05 20:45:42 Reply

At 2/5/13 04:07 PM, TheKlown wrote: Can I go to my local Bank and apply for one and at the same time put as much money as I want into it or do they usually have limits?

Your bank will offer different kinds of credit cards depending on what is best suited for you.
Most likely you will be given an application form and you circle the card that you want, and fill in the rest of the information.
The most basic cards will have annual fees of zero to ten dollars, and lower interest rates on outstanding payments, but you won't earn any kind of rewards by using them.
The more fancy cards will have higher annual fees, possibly higher interest rates on outstanding payments, but you'll earn a bunch of airmiles/hotel points or whatever by spending money with the card.

Chances are you'll only be able to apply for one of the more basic cards anyway, as your annual income is going to be in the lower brackets.

You don't necessarily have to put any money on your card as long as you pay your monthly bill before its due date. Basically you start out with a balance of $0.00, and then say you spend $30 with the card, you then 'owe' the bank that $30 because they have effectively bought it for you. When you receive your monthly bill, you will have until a certain date to pay back the $30, which you can do so either from your regular chequing account, or you can use cash, cheques, etc.

Like I said, the more basic cards will probably just have a very low annual fee (if at all) and the interest rates will be relatively low on outstanding payments. What this means is that if you don't pay your monthly bill by its due date, that month's charges roll over onto your next bill multiplied by whatever your interest rate is. So instead of it costing you $30, it might cost $35. Etc.

Some credit cards have interest rates of like 20%, avoid that shit for the time being.

Get a VISA. You don't need an Amex or Mastercard. And don't get a Discover card or any of that bullshit. Visa is the most practical.