New Topic Respond to this Topic
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
North Korea is beefin' 2013-02-05 13:30:41 Reply

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/northkorea/98 49231/North-Korea-video-shows-US-city-under-attack.html

North Korea just released a video of a nuclear strike hitting New York city. This is after the fact that they have warned of testing with missiles aimed at United State cities. Hilariously some of the footage comes from MW3 confirming that Kim Jong-Un is a huge nerd. Honestly, why do we take all these threats sitting down? Any other nation and we'd bomb their asses to kingdom come.

real n*ggas ain't gotta flex nuts, cuz real n*iggas know they got em.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Star365
Star365
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Audiophile
Response to North Korea is beefin' 2013-02-05 13:31:58 Reply

oh North Korea wants to bomb shit? that's cute.

Eternal bliss

Scintillating
Scintillating
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to North Korea is beefin' 2013-02-05 13:32:07 Reply

At 2/5/13 01:30 PM, Cootie wrote: Honestly, why do we take all these threats sitting down? Any other nation and we'd bomb their asses to kingdom come.

What are you talking about? The U.S. isn't a hormonal teenager.

Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to North Korea is beefin' 2013-02-05 13:37:17 Reply

At 2/5/13 01:32 PM, Scintillating wrote:

Batshit crazy country is attempting to build nukes and generally being obnoxious. Why should the world stand by and wait until they are successful?

BBS Signature
MrPercie
MrPercie
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 33
Gamer
Response to North Korea is beefin' 2013-02-05 13:41:36 Reply

At 2/5/13 01:37 PM, Cootie wrote:
At 2/5/13 01:32 PM, Scintillating wrote:
Batshit crazy country is attempting to build nukes and generally being obnoxious. Why should the world stand by and wait until they are successful?

That isnt the reason you said why to attack, you said we should attack because their "threatening us"

Im sure our nations goverment and military have a bit more maturity to not start wars over petty insults or threats.

my love of material goods is far greater than my love of food

BBS Signature
Scintillating
Scintillating
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to North Korea is beefin' 2013-02-05 13:48:19 Reply

You see, there's this thing called "mutually assured destruction", so even if NK developed nukes they almost certainly wouldn't use them, even if they managed to take out the U.S. they would have to deal with our allies.

Gumbadillo
Gumbadillo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to North Korea is beefin' 2013-02-05 13:50:15 Reply

We must send in our troops to liberate the opressed country from its tyrant regime and install democracy! #waronterrorism #freedom

In all honesty though, if they start attacking, you've got the technology to intercept whatever bubbles they blow.

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to North Korea is beefin' 2013-02-05 14:06:08 Reply

At 2/5/13 01:48 PM, Scintillating wrote: You see, there's this thing called "mutually assured destruction", so even if NK developed nukes they almost certainly wouldn't use them, even if they managed to take out the U.S. they would have to deal with our allies.

Any sane country wouldn't, but North Korea over the last decade or so have been getting increasingly reckless and seem to not care if they get retaliated against. That automatically makes them dangerous if they aren't worried about the results of their actions, it means they are far more likely to do something bad.

That is of course if they actually CAN attack though, as their missile systems aren't exactly ground breaking. They do still continue to attack other countries navy etc. though as they are pricks. Frankly they should just be taken down at this point and forced to accept they can't go around attacking other people.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to North Korea is beefin' 2013-02-05 14:08:58 Reply

At 2/5/13 01:41 PM, MrPercie wrote:
Im sure our nations goverment and military have a bit more maturity to not start wars over petty insults or threats.

We went after Saddam because we assumed he had nukes. Now we have North Korea saying "we will nuke you any day now" over and over again while actively trying to build them. I don't see why the world (not just the US) is sitting around and waiting for them to be successful and be a real threat before somebody does anything.

BBS Signature
Zachary
Zachary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Melancholy
Response to North Korea is beefin' 2013-02-05 14:11:03 Reply

At 2/5/13 01:48 PM, Scintillating wrote: You see, there's this thing called "mutually assured destruction", so even if NK developed nukes they almost certainly wouldn't use them, even if they managed to take out the U.S. they would have to deal with our allies.

You do realize it's North Korea right? Any attack on them and you can kiss Seoul goodbye.

BBS Signature
o0-0o
o0-0o
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to North Korea is beefin' 2013-02-05 14:20:30 Reply

At 2/5/13 02:08 PM, Cootie wrote:
At 2/5/13 01:41 PM, MrPercie wrote:
We went after Saddam because we assumed he had nukes.

Seriously?

This isn't the late 80's.

Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to North Korea is beefin' 2013-02-05 14:23:12 Reply

At 2/5/13 02:20 PM, o0-0o wrote:
This isn't the late 80's.

I'm not saying it was justified. I am saying that it isn't out of character for the US.

BBS Signature
yurgenburgen
yurgenburgen
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 47
Artist
Response to North Korea is beefin' 2013-02-05 15:01:18 Reply

At 2/5/13 01:30 PM, Cootie wrote: Honestly, why do we take all these threats sitting down?

Because their threats are completely empty.
NK can barely get their missiles off the ground, let alone half way around the world. They just use these kinds of 'threats' to instill morale in their own citizens, since they're rapidly becoming disillusioned with the regime.

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to North Korea is beefin' 2013-02-05 15:16:17 Reply

just bomb em and get it over with its not like the rest of the countries of the world would actually give a shit.

Breathe-0ut
Breathe-0ut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to North Korea is beefin' 2013-02-05 15:26:10 Reply

At 2/5/13 03:16 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: just bomb em and get it over with its not like the rest of the countries of the world would actually give a shit.

North Korea is too small to destroy with an atomic bomb or nuclear missile.

An eye for an eye, but the world is already blind.

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to North Korea is beefin' 2013-02-05 15:30:55 Reply

At 2/5/13 03:26 PM, Breathe-0ut wrote:
At 2/5/13 03:16 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: just bomb em and get it over with its not like the rest of the countries of the world would actually give a shit.
North Korea is too small to destroy with an atomic bomb or nuclear missile.

you don't need nukes to bomb the shit out of a shithole country like North Korea, a bombing campaign like the 3 day invasion invasion of Afghanistan, and its not like there are many targets in north korea so it would be pretty quick and easy.

KatMaestro
KatMaestro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to North Korea is beefin' 2013-02-05 15:37:48 Reply

They ain't have oil or any resources. US and NATO wouldn't bomb them in centuries. Democracy, hah!

Breathe-0ut
Breathe-0ut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to North Korea is beefin' 2013-02-05 20:37:39 Reply

At 2/5/13 03:37 PM, Elitistinen wrote:
They ain't have oil or any resources. US and NATO wouldn't bomb them in centuries. Democracy, hah!

Either way, NATO is comprised almost entirely of European nations when you exclude the US. Considering it was the UN Security Council and the EU that gave them restrictions off so that they could strike DC, they wouldn't help our asses anyway.

An eye for an eye, but the world is already blind.

Ganon-Dorf
Ganon-Dorf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Melancholy
Response to North Korea is beefin' 2013-02-05 20:46:32 Reply

North Korea is laughable, it's like Somalia saying it will attack the USA, it'd never happen, and if something was launched, Star War would take care of it before anything happened, then the USA would carpet bomb the shit out of DPRK, if China let them that is.

BBS Signature
Jester
Jester
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to North Korea is beefin' 2013-02-05 20:48:00 Reply

"North Korea, poised to conduct a nuclear test any day now, has posted a video on YouTube depicting a US city resembling New York engulfed in flames after an apparent missile attack."

Does the country of North Korea have a Youtube account?

kzh
kzh
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to North Korea is beefin' 2013-02-05 20:51:06 Reply

I see nothing good coming of this.

All-American-Badass
All-American-Badass
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to North Korea is beefin' 2013-02-05 21:44:10 Reply

North Korea ain't gonna do shit. they're a dog that's all bark and no bite.

orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to North Korea is beefin' 2013-02-05 22:24:06 Reply

As always, this is all tough talk from the North Koreans, considering that this is a country that is still stuck deep in the past when it comes to technology, human rights and all that good stuff, never mind the fact that they have no lights on at night, compared to everywhere else.

In all seriousness, if they ever tried to launch anything close to the U.S., then they will have already signed their death warrant, considering that not even China will have their back if they do attack America, much less South Korea.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
dymck1
dymck1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to North Korea is beefin' 2013-02-05 22:30:44 Reply

Well that was nice, really made me feel at ease

Also, gotta love that music.

DevourerJay
DevourerJay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Blank Slate
Response to North Korea is beefin' 2013-02-05 23:33:19 Reply

You know... if North Korea wants nukes that badly?? I say send them a few... activated... then boom, no more headache

DevourerJay~Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
Sig By Xeno.
Formerly known as MissingNYC

BBS Signature
Dr-Worm
Dr-Worm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Movie Buff
Response to North Korea is beefin' 2013-02-06 00:02:26 Reply

At 2/5/13 02:08 PM, Cootie wrote: We went after Saddam because we assumed he had nukes.

No we didn't. That was a lie, not a mistake.

Now we have North Korea saying "we will nuke you any day now" over and over again while actively trying to build them. I don't see why the world (not just the US) is sitting around and waiting for them to be successful and be a real threat before somebody does anything.

Because we know that it's just impotent saber-rattling. NK likes to put on a big show, but the truth is that it's an extremely impoverished and starving country with nothing even close to any real means of attacking us. North Korea will inevitably fall, but whatever happens to stabilize the region afterwards (whether it's reunification or something else) will be a long, complex, messy process that requires extensive cooperation and involvement from South Korea and the whole international community, really. If we just went in there and instantly squashed the regime (which is obviously well within our power), it would be a total disaster for NK's civilian population, for the South, and for us.

And even if somehow the worst case scenario were true, and North Korea really was a true threat, it would still be a delicate diplomatic situation, because nobody wants a nuclear war.

NG Cinema Club Movie of the Week: If... (Anderson, 1968, UK) | Letterboxd | Last.fm

BBS Signature
DevourerJay
DevourerJay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Blank Slate
Response to North Korea is beefin' 2013-02-06 00:11:01 Reply

At 2/6/13 12:02 AM, Dr-Worm wrote: because nobody wants a nuclear war.

now now, don't be hasty making such statements... I know several people here in the state where I live that would love nothing more than go to Nuclear against others... China, NK, Russia, Iran... those being the most talked about "targets" that the "US should blow up"... the sad part, those statements came from christian people... i laughed at their hypocresy... however I will say that wether it's sabre rattling or not, NK shouldn't exist, and it's getting to the point that the civilian population are being used as nothing but a shield to prevent an attack, the US could easily use the "Iron Dome" technology from Israel in conjuction with the Patriot Missle system to block a good amount of attacks, the NK-Army is equipped with Soviet-era weapons, snipers would have a heyday, their Navy & Airfoce wouldn't be able to do anything before they are properly dealt with... the US SHOULD Just forcefully remove the NK leadership just as it did with Panama back in the 80's... quick small team, or something, if they keep insisting in hiding their little "shield" then screw it, drive a sword through it... however, I would say to keep it nukes out of it, unless they try one first.

DevourerJay~Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
Sig By Xeno.
Formerly known as MissingNYC

BBS Signature
Piemix
Piemix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Gamer
Response to North Korea is beefin' 2013-02-06 00:33:36 Reply

I cannot believe we haven't gone to war with them yet. They're fucking doomed and they know it

Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 50
Writer
Response to North Korea is beefin' 2013-02-06 04:15:24 Reply

North Korea is a sad country. People living in poverty, isolated from the rest of the world, robbed by their leader of anything entertaining like cars or access to global Internet. Nuking the country would just be shameful, better target the leader.

fmn335
fmn335
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to North Korea is beefin' 2013-02-06 06:18:48 Reply

Looks like Napoleon got reincarnated Korean style. This time though his new country is not much a threat, not big surprise actually lol.

I love the full moon, I love it a lot. I can just stare at it for hours.