New Topic Respond to this Topic
SoulofT
SoulofT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Asio4all Problem? Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 01:16 PM Reply

Maybe I should be posting this in the FL Studio thread but ASIO4ALL is general so i thought I would make a new thread for this. Well, I've always used ASIO4ALL when making tracks, usually to avoid the "buzzing" sound, glitching and lag which occurs sometimes with my native soundcard. When I've used it in the past, I've always seen a volume drop from the soundcard used; however this wasn't such a BIG volume difference. About 2 weeks ago, (without me changing any of the settings/hardware), I switched to ASIO4ALL and I could hardly hear the volume. I tried raising the volume from FL Studio but there's only so much you can do before it becomes distorted.
Any ideas why this happened and what could be done as a solution??

Lachi
Lachi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Asio4all Problem? Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 01:19 PM Reply

Yep. If I first open FL Studio then I can't hear anything else, only the software.
If I first open a video on YouTube, on put foobar on, when I open FL Studio there is no sound.

Solution: I never found, that's not a big problem for me.

SUCK MY KICK

DivoFST
DivoFST
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to Asio4all Problem? Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 01:23 PM Reply

At 2/4/13 01:19 PM, Lachi wrote: Yep. If I first open FL Studio then I can't hear anything else, only the software.
If I first open a video on YouTube, on put foobar on, when I open FL Studio there is no sound.

Solution: I never found, that's not a big problem for me.

Yeah same thing here, the only problem that really gives me is with Facebook and Skype, i have to close them and reopen if i want to make a song while talking to someone.

No mather how good you are sometime, somewhere, somehow...
Someone will blow your mind and make feel a beginner again..

BBS Signature
SoulofT
SoulofT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Asio4all Problem? Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 01:27 PM Reply

Hmm yeah, you can't use any other sound-demanding programme while using Asio4all, but my problem is that even when I close all other programmes I can hear the sound it's just quite low :/

wandschrank
wandschrank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to Asio4all Problem? Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 01:37 PM Reply

At 2/4/13 01:16 PM, SoulofT wrote: Maybe I should be posting this in the FL Studio thread but ASIO4ALL is general so i thought I would make a new thread for this. Well, I've always used ASIO4ALL when making tracks, usually to avoid the "buzzing" sound, glitching and lag which occurs sometimes with my native soundcard. When I've used it in the past, I've always seen a volume drop from the soundcard used; however this wasn't such a BIG volume difference. About 2 weeks ago, (without me changing any of the settings/hardware), I switched to ASIO4ALL and I could hardly hear the volume. I tried raising the volume from FL Studio but there's only so much you can do before it becomes distorted.

Check the Windows Audio Settings, make sure the soundcard is enabled (although you use ASIO, the settings there still can affect the sound). Check which output channels you have selected. Also check if your ASIO settings panel shows you any errors (http://www.image-line.com/support/FLHelp/html/envsettings_a sio4all.htm).

SoulofT
SoulofT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Asio4all Problem? Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 02:25 PM Reply

Check the Windows Audio Settings, make sure the soundcard is enabled (although you use ASIO, the settings there still can affect the sound). Check which output channels you have selected. Also check if your ASIO settings panel shows you any errors (http://www.image-line.com/support/FLHelp/html/envsettings_a sio4all.htm).

Ok well, I went to windows audio settings and raised the output volume for my headphones, that seems to have done the trick :)
thanks!!

wandschrank
wandschrank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to Asio4all Problem? Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 02:43 PM Reply

At 2/4/13 02:25 PM, SoulofT wrote:
Ok well, I went to windows audio settings and raised the output volume for my headphones, that seems to have done the trick :)
thanks!!

You're welcome! :) Some programs like Skype tend to change the volume.. I don't know how often I had to increase the volume of my microphone because it was suddenly muted. Spooky.

AngelofPeace
AngelofPeace
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to Asio4all Problem? Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 03:12 PM Reply

At 2/4/13 01:16 PM, SoulofT wrote: Maybe I should be posting this in the FL Studio thread but ASIO4ALL is general so i thought I would make a new thread for this. Well, I've always used ASIO4ALL when making tracks, usually to avoid the "buzzing" sound, glitching and lag which occurs sometimes with my native soundcard. When I've used it in the past, I've always seen a volume drop from the soundcard used; however this wasn't such a BIG volume difference. About 2 weeks ago, (without me changing any of the settings/hardware), I switched to ASIO4ALL and I could hardly hear the volume. I tried raising the volume from FL Studio but there's only so much you can do before it becomes distorted.

AISO4ALL 'takes over' the soundcard; system/program sounds cannot be heard while it is in use. But if you have other programs which are using the soundcard prior to opening FL Studio, AISO4ALL will not start properly.

SOLUTION: Close any applications such as WindowsMediaPlayer, iTunes or Firefox which might be using the soundcard when you open FLS. Go into Options>Audio Settings, switch to "Primary Sound Driver," then back to AISO4ALL. You should be able to hear FL Studio's sounds just fine now.

If not, close FL Studio and reopen it. You should hear the 'blip' startup sound now.

wandschrank
wandschrank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to Asio4all Problem? Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 03:17 PM Reply

AISO4ALL 'takes over' the soundcard; system/program sounds cannot be heard while it is in use. But if you have other programs which are using the soundcard prior to opening FL Studio, AISO4ALL will not start properly.

SOLUTION: Close any applications such as WindowsMediaPlayer, iTunes or Firefox which might be using the soundcard when you open FLS. Go into Options>Audio Settings, switch to "Primary Sound Driver," then back to AISO4ALL. You should be able to hear FL Studio's sounds just fine now.

If not, close FL Studio and reopen it. You should hear the 'blip' startup sound now.

Yep, but in his case, it was just the audio settings of Windows (volume). You're correct: ASIO4All 'takes over' the soundcard, but it can't bypass all the settings, it can be seen as some kind of.. awesome wrapper. When the volume of the soundcard is set low, this can also apply to the ASIO drivers which results in.. well, a low volume.

The procedure described by you is a very good workaround when there is no sound at all.

It also often helps to change the sampling rate of the soundcard (down to 48 khz from 192 khz, for example) if ASIO shows strange errors and does not play any sound.

jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Asio4all Problem? Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 03:29 PM Reply

A handy workaround

:if you're too lazy to close apps with audio before opening fl,

is to switch to Primary sound driver, (fl should be making sound now) and switch back to Asio while sounds are PLAYING in Fl.

:)

Lachi
Lachi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Asio4all Problem? Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 03:30 PM Reply

At 2/4/13 03:29 PM, jpbear wrote: A handy workaround

if you're too lazy to close apps with audio before opening fl,
is to switch to Primary sound driver, (fl should be making sound now) and switch back to Asio while sounds are PLAYING in Fl.

)

Tried this, worked fine
Thanks bear

SUCK MY KICK

thenoobiest
thenoobiest
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Asio4all Problem? Jun. 4th, 2014 @ 04:23 PM Reply

mwah mwah ha found A SOLUTION ironically had to put it on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ffKJouOzYU&feature=youtu.be