Be a Supporter!
Boomstick
Boomstick
  • Member since: Nov. 4, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Melancholy
Response to Nirvana Fan? Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 02:04 PM Reply

At 2/4/13 02:01 PM, TheColourAwesome wrote:
At 2/4/13 01:58 PM, MrPercie wrote: Nirvana? sounds like a herb
Herbs were involved with Nirvana. Heroin too.

Heroin comes from Opium Poppy, which is an herb.


I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature
Jumbe
Jumbe
  • Member since: Jan. 7, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Reader
Response to Nirvana Fan? Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 02:05 PM Reply

At 2/4/13 02:03 PM, Viper50 wrote:
At 2/4/13 01:57 PM, Jumbe wrote: you know whos better than nirvana? everyone
bleach was a disapointment, and so was nirvana
Bleach is my favorite Nirvana album ._.

im sooooo sorry for you


Everything in this post is wrong.
I'm sorry, Jumbe, but you're fucking ugly -Amaranthus

BBS Signature
Dev
Dev
  • Member since: Nov. 18, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 38
Reader
Response to Nirvana Fan? Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 02:16 PM Reply

Nirvana is one of the bands I grew up listening to in the 90's, so I'd say I am a fan. Alice in Chains is my favorite band to come out of Seattle in that time period followed by Soundgarden, Nirvana then Pearl Jam.

At 2/4/13 01:46 PM, Tobi wrote: i could care less if you like them or not. the fact you consider them weird tells me you probably don't listen to much (good) music

That's kind of a silly thing to say...


This sig is my identity -what was I thinking getting rid of it??
Holder of the Top 300 BP list.
Top 90 BP'er; EGSC #153

BBS Signature
Tobi
Tobi
  • Member since: Oct. 27, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Nirvana Fan? Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 02:24 PM Reply

At 2/4/13 02:16 PM, Metal-Therapy wrote: That's kind of a silly thing to say...

nah. perhaps it was harsh, but when somebody calls something as "safe" as nirvana weird, it makes me think they don't really listen to anything beyond the top charting stuff. captain beefheart, ornette coleman, primus, weird? fine, but nirvana? come the fuck on.


BBS Signature
Dev
Dev
  • Member since: Nov. 18, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 38
Reader
Response to Nirvana Fan? Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 02:33 PM Reply

At 2/4/13 02:24 PM, Tobi wrote:
At 2/4/13 02:16 PM, Metal-Therapy wrote: That's kind of a silly thing to say...
nah. perhaps it was harsh, but when somebody calls something as "safe" as nirvana weird, it makes me think they don't really listen to anything beyond the top charting stuff. captain beefheart, ornette coleman, primus, weird? fine, but nirvana? come the fuck on.

Taste in music is a totally subjective thing, though. You can't really tell somebody else that they don't listen to any "good" music. Maybe he doesn't think you listen to any "good" music. :P It's just too general of a term. Like you could make the argument that AIC or Soundgarden is better than Nirvana because the music is more difficult/complex, but that doesn't necessarily mean that everyone is going to think that those bands are any better for that reason.


This sig is my identity -what was I thinking getting rid of it??
Holder of the Top 300 BP list.
Top 90 BP'er; EGSC #153

BBS Signature
Shade
Shade
  • Member since: Mar. 26, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Voice Actor
Response to Nirvana Fan? Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 02:48 PM Reply

The main issue I have with Nirvana is the fact that the lyrics are unintelligible, and what I can make out is pretty stupid.

Tobi
Tobi
  • Member since: Oct. 27, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Nirvana Fan? Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 02:49 PM Reply

At 2/4/13 02:33 PM, Metal-Therapy wrote: Taste in music is a totally subjective thing, though.

but that's like, your opinion man, stop being so politically incorrect!


BBS Signature
Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Member since: Jan. 17, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 49
Writer
Response to Nirvana Fan? Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 02:55 PM Reply

At 2/4/13 02:48 PM, Shade wrote: The main issue I have with Nirvana is the fact that the lyrics are unintelligible, and what I can make out is pretty stupid.

They're actually deeper than you'd think. Maybe not all, but according the analytics they mean more than you'd realize.

At 2/4/13 02:03 PM, Viper50 wrote: Bleach is my favorite Nirvana album ._.

It's also a track though, right?

At 2/4/13 01:58 PM, LiquidFire wrote: I honestly have no idea what the names of the tracks where. It was a looong time ago and I've never been really good with remembering track/artist names.

Tastes might have changed then.

Shade
Shade
  • Member since: Mar. 26, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Voice Actor
Response to Nirvana Fan? Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 02:57 PM Reply

At 2/4/13 02:55 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 2/4/13 02:48 PM, Shade wrote: The main issue I have with Nirvana is the fact that the lyrics are unintelligible, and what I can make out is pretty stupid.
They're actually deeper than you'd think. Maybe not all, but according the analytics they mean more than you'd realize.

People who analyze these things are always fans who are trying to make the lyrics less shallow then they are.

Viper
Viper
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 34
Musician
Response to Nirvana Fan? Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 02:57 PM Reply

At 2/4/13 02:55 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 2/4/13 02:03 PM, Viper50 wrote: Bleach is my favorite Nirvana album ._.
It's also a track though, right?

No.......?


Formally known as Viper50
When life gives you lemons...squirt juice in your enemy's eyes!
Not very important but my lastfm. I guess you can click on it if you want.

BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Member since: Aug. 31, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 44
Reader
Response to Nirvana Fan? Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 02:57 PM Reply

At 2/4/13 02:55 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 2/4/13 01:58 PM, LiquidFire wrote: I honestly have no idea what the names of the tracks where. It was a looong time ago and I've never been really good with remembering track/artist names.
Tastes might have changed then.

True. But I doubt it, I still listen to the same bands as I did back then.


It's only fun if you get a scar out of it
Find me on the internet / TF2 Crew / NG Trophy Leaderboard / NG User Icon Makers / NG GM Scripts

BBS Signature
Dev
Dev
  • Member since: Nov. 18, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 38
Reader
Response to Nirvana Fan? Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 03:00 PM Reply

At 2/4/13 02:49 PM, Tobi wrote:
At 2/4/13 02:33 PM, Metal-Therapy wrote: Taste in music is a totally subjective thing, though.
but that's like, your opinion man, stop being so politically incorrect!

I wouldn't say that everyone having their own taste in music is my opinion. :P


This sig is my identity -what was I thinking getting rid of it??
Holder of the Top 300 BP list.
Top 90 BP'er; EGSC #153

BBS Signature
MrsXenomit
MrsXenomit
  • Member since: Feb. 4, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Melancholy
Response to Nirvana Fan? Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 03:02 PM Reply

Nirvana's okay I guess, I haven't listened to alot of it to have a opinion.


Become my fan and friend! I am elusive :p

BBS Signature
Hikky-Dikky
Hikky-Dikky
  • Member since: Dec. 28, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Gamer
Response to Nirvana Fan? Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 03:25 PM Reply

At 2/4/13 12:58 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: yeah to bad Cortney Love killed Cobain..

Don't tell me you actually believe that.

Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Member since: Jan. 17, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 49
Writer
Response to Nirvana Fan? Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 03:32 PM Reply

At 2/4/13 02:57 PM, Viper50 wrote:
At 2/4/13 02:55 PM, Cyberdevil wrote: It's also a track though, right?
No.......?

Huh, strange... I even link the name to a melody. Wonder which one I'm thinking of...

At 2/4/13 02:57 PM, Shade wrote: People who analyze these things are always fans who are trying to make the lyrics less shallow then they are.

I like to think they aren't, they made the lyrics seem really interesting. :)

Sevkat
Sevkat
  • Member since: Dec. 31, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to Nirvana Fan? Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 03:38 PM Reply

kurt cobain wrote a few tasty licks


bollocks m8

BBS Signature
kanef
kanef
  • Member since: Nov. 2, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Artist
Response to Nirvana Fan? Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 03:58 PM Reply

smells like teen spirit ripped off song 2


comment pls - plug.dj
sevkitty.com forum - last.fm
D - ńęwgróuńdśęś ręśidęńt pątrićiąń

BBS Signature
Loki
Loki
  • Member since: Oct. 18, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 52
Writer
Response to Nirvana Fan? Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 04:16 PM Reply

Haha, no.

Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Member since: Jan. 17, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 49
Writer
Response to Nirvana Fan? Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 04:41 PM Reply

At 2/4/13 03:58 PM, kanef wrote: smells like teen spirit ripped off song 2

They don't sound alike at all.

Shade
Shade
  • Member since: Mar. 26, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Voice Actor
Response to Nirvana Fan? Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 04:47 PM Reply

At 2/4/13 03:32 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 2/4/13 02:57 PM, Viper50 wrote:
At 2/4/13 02:55 PM, Cyberdevil wrote: It's also a track though, right?
No.......?
Huh, strange... I even link the name to a melody. Wonder which one I'm thinking of...

At 2/4/13 02:57 PM, Shade wrote: People who analyze these things are always fans who are trying to make the lyrics less shallow then they are.
I like to think they aren't, they made the lyrics seem really interesting. :)

That they might. Also, Smells like teen spirit has a damn near identical tune to Boston's More than a Feeling

Slint
Slint
  • Member since: Nov. 6, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 36
Audiophile
Response to Nirvana Fan? Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 04:48 PM Reply

At 2/4/13 03:58 PM, kanef wrote: smells like teen spirit ripped off song 2

All jokes aside, listen to U-Mass and you'll know who Cobain ripped off.


Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.
You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.
ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature
Sword-of-Kings
Sword-of-Kings
  • Member since: Jun. 17, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Gamer
Response to Nirvana Fan? Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 04:52 PM Reply

I guess I'm a fan. I have Nevermind and I like it.

zag
zag
  • Member since: Feb. 1, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Writer
Response to Nirvana Fan? Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 05:06 PM Reply

Nirvana used to be my favorite band.
I still really like them, but they're far from my favorite.


BBS Signature
Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Member since: Jan. 17, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 49
Writer
Response to Nirvana Fan? Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 05:20 PM Reply

Nevermind..

captainlolz
captainlolz
  • Member since: Feb. 9, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Movie Buff
Response to Nirvana Fan? Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 05:34 PM Reply

"load up on drugs and kill yours friends,i know i know i don't mumble mumble" *mic blow job*


if it is a gigantic horrible typo mah bad

Tobi
Tobi
  • Member since: Oct. 27, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Nirvana Fan? Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 07:26 PM Reply

At 2/4/13 03:58 PM, kanef wrote: smells like teen spirit ripped off song 2

team spirit predated song 2 by about 7 years you twit.


BBS Signature
Viper
Viper
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 34
Musician
Response to Nirvana Fan? Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 07:29 PM Reply

At 2/4/13 03:58 PM, kanef wrote: smells like teen spirit ripped off song 2

Cause ya know....a song from 1991 can rip off a song from 1997.

At 2/4/13 03:32 PM, Cyberdevil wrote: Huh, strange... I even link the name to a melody. Wonder which one I'm thinking of...

I think you might be thinking of the song Blew ._.

At 2/4/13 04:48 PM, Slint wrote: All jokes aside, listen to U-Mass and you'll know who Cobain ripped off.

He even said that SLTS was his attempt at ripping off the Pixies.
And Come As You Are is a rip off of a song by Killing Joke who ripped off a song by The Damned.


Formally known as Viper50
When life gives you lemons...squirt juice in your enemy's eyes!
Not very important but my lastfm. I guess you can click on it if you want.

BBS Signature
Stereocrisis
Stereocrisis
  • Member since: Dec. 6, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Musician
Response to Nirvana Fan? Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 07:32 PM Reply

Or this?Does this answer your question?

Slint
Slint
  • Member since: Nov. 6, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 36
Audiophile
Response to Nirvana Fan? Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 08:38 PM Reply

At 2/4/13 07:29 PM, Viper50 wrote: He even said that SLTS was his attempt at ripping off the Pixies.
And Come As You Are is a rip off of a song by Killing Joke who ripped off a song by The Damned.

Indeed he did.

I knew about the ripping off of Killing Joke, but not the Damned. Which Damned song got ripped off?


Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.
You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.
ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature
Tobi
Tobi
  • Member since: Oct. 27, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Nirvana Fan? Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 08:42 PM Reply

At 2/4/13 08:38 PM, Slint wrote: I knew about the ripping off of Killing Joke, but not the Damned. Which Damned song got ripped off?

Life Goes On


BBS Signature