Be a Supporter!

General thoughts on life thread

  • 917 Views
  • 42 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Stereocrisis
Stereocrisis
  • Member since: Dec. 6, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Musician
General thoughts on life thread 2013-02-04 06:39:41 Reply

If I listened to everyone's opinion and tried to be the "best" person according to the moral and social standards of everyone else, I would be totally schizophrenic.

I just hope everyone can remember that. Every time you say something, people hear it. It takes on a meaning once you say it. Something you can't take back. Whether it's a compliment, something negative, or just an off-hand remark that holds no particular meaning. People get paranoid about that kind of thing.

If you think you are cleverly getting away with doing some good old fashioned talking behind someone's back, it will eventually be found out and taken seriously. I don't know if you noticed, but people are not very good at giving others the benefit of the doubt.

Something that you said that meant nothing will now mean something because you chose to say it about them when they weren't around, and not directly to them.

I just hope this means something to you. It's not bullshit. It's fact. It something negative comes out, something negative will come back. If something positive comes out, something positive will come back.

(You could argue that sometimes bad things happen to good people, and good things happen to bad people. If anything, depending on your mentality, you will often see this to be the case most of the time. This is all in parenthesis because I'm not taking about freak occurrences of good or bad fortune. I'm saying what you put out will eventually come back. It's nothing mystical. Karma is the best word for it, but you don't need to believe in the particular religion Karma comes from.)

So, I would like to take this opportunity to say something positive. I know some people will have some snide remark for all of this, but that is fine.

I just want you to all know, life is going to be what it is. It is what it is. How could it be anything else? We are all going to end up not existing at all someday. Some sooner, some later. Just try to enjoy whatever the hell this crazy thing called life is, because it is far too short to be a negative jerk.

We are all snowflakes, not one of us the same, falling to the oceans below. When we hit the bottom, we will once again be together. The same body of water. The complete erasure of individuality and thus impervious to poor and petty judgment.

Think of a great piece of dough being kneaded. Now you rip a piece off. That's you. Now this is you until I decide to put you back in to the pile of dough again. Now I knead some more. Can you find yourself again? The exact amount, with every exact molecule in place if I rip off another piece? No.

We are all like walking, talking, living and breathing radios. We are all picking up on one radio signal. Now when you break the radio, it is gone, but is the signal dead? No.

This speculation actually serves to make me think about that signal. Perhaps there are different signals like there are different radio stations. Perhaps a Heaven or Hell, or purgatory, or nirvana exists. Perhaps there really are different places for us to return to when our radio becomes broken, and our hearts beat no more. Perhaps we all operate on different frequencies. Just maybe there are billions of different frequencies, which is why in life, aside from our differences flesh deep, that we could never truly meet eye to eye.

This is of course the subject of a good fictional book I could write, but might it not be as far fetched as all that?

Perhaps conscious beings are, and always have been the universe trying to understand itself. Trying to figure itself out. After all, we (humans) are beings intent on discovery. Could it be that we have these big brains for a higher purpose? Could we truly be infinity trying to understand itself?

I'm all over the place in this thread, but hopefully I can bring some entertaining imagination back from the dead in some of you. Perhaps imagination that never existed, or merely died a long time ago.

It used to be that we carved our names into trees. Anything to mark our territories. Anything to relate to someone, anyone, that we ever existed at all. Now those trees are gone. Slashed and burned to make books so other people can recycle the exact same sentiment. Marking pages with ink. Writing. Anything. SEE ME! Some of those trees still exist however. Though now they are fall to tall and weather eroded to see, perhaps the declaration of some old love. I HEART WANDA. Or perhaps something negative. JOE SUCKS DICK.

I ask you, does it all fucking matter? Any of it? Or are we simply to stubborn to see clearly. Now we have the internet generation. We have technology beyond the wildest dreams of our ancestors and even our parents. Now we can talk to someone in Iceland if we live in America in an instant, and not find one thing incredible about it. Gone are the days of effort. We are spoiled rotten and lazy. The best thing we can say top someone on the other side of the world is "You're a faggot." It's upsetting, and I am guilty, and so are all of you.

We have all this knowledge at our fingertips, but learn less then we ever have. We gain so little.

I truly believe the rise of technology will be the fall of mankind.

We have social networks but we are more anti-social because of them. When we go out into public, we can't even get into a conversation with someone else anymore. Sometimes, but not often. More often we bury our noses in our smart phones.

Facebook is this really evil thing. I have never seen a more vile breeding ground for villainy and scum. Collected thoughts of millions of users who treat it like a personal diary. A whole journal of private issues and dirty laundry being aired out for all to witness. It's disgusting to think that these are the thoughts which were going on in people's heads way before they could tell the whole world about it.

Anyway, this elaborate post is something like I imagine my suicide note would be, if I were ever to find myself at such a level of agony where the pain was too great, and nothing that could be killed with morphine.

I just want to connect on some deep and profound level with someone. Anyone. Before my name is on the stone, I want you to know that I actually liked it here. I liked people. But I have many problems with this flawed social structure. Homophobia. Racism. Sexism. Deceit. Lies. Greed. Cruel intentions.

Why must people claw there way to the top? I just don't understand the mentality of a great many of you. This one hand washes the other shit. Can't you just do something out of genuine kindness? Must it always be about the return of some favor or another?

I think most people understand all of this already, and might even see this as me talking down to them, but I promise, my will is good. My intentions pure. I have nothing to hide. I am an open book, even though many parts of my life could be, and have already been judged, prejudged, and set. Like fate. Like fatalism.

I think that was my original point. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves. If you're a negative person, even if you believe it is through no fault of your own, you will get negative people in your life. I especially feel bad for victims. Victims of sex crimes, and victims of general hate. The feeling of being unaccepted is being victimized. I feel bad for these people because the negativity is placed in their laps, and they were innocent. They were these innocent people until the world came along and put them through the grind. You can only do that to an innocent person for so long until they become just another piece of shit too. Hence why we see bullied teens blowing away half their classrooms.

This thread is to let people know, yeah, it is that fucked up. You could full well be responsible for someone snapping one day and going on a shooting rampage. Was it really worth the jokes you were telling? Was popularity at the expense of some poor kid worth the bullets that went flying? You know, I'll bet there is not one of us here that can say we haven't inadvertently caused the misplaced aggressions of someone who then took out THOSE misplaced aggressions, until all the negative energy just ended up a suicide.

Sekhem
Sekhem
  • Member since: Feb. 20, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Musician
Response to General thoughts on life thread 2013-02-04 06:42:46 Reply

have you ever gotten laid


trakt|||| last.fm |||| recommend me hip-hop - G O D // B L E S S // A F R I C A

BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Member since: Aug. 31, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 44
Reader
Response to General thoughts on life thread 2013-02-04 06:45:21 Reply

At 2/4/13 06:42 AM, Sekhem wrote: have you ever gotten laid

I did once. It was awesome.


It's only fun if you get a scar out of it
Find me on the internet / TF2 Crew / NG Trophy Leaderboard / NG User Icon Makers / NG GM Scripts

BBS Signature
TheColourAwesome
TheColourAwesome
  • Member since: Dec. 30, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to General thoughts on life thread 2013-02-04 06:45:48 Reply

At 2/4/13 06:45 AM, LiquidFire wrote:
At 2/4/13 06:42 AM, Sekhem wrote: have you ever gotten laid
I did once. It was awesome.

I got real close.


BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Member since: Aug. 31, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 44
Reader
Response to General thoughts on life thread 2013-02-04 06:49:51 Reply

At 2/4/13 06:45 AM, TheColourAwesome wrote:
At 2/4/13 06:45 AM, LiquidFire wrote:
At 2/4/13 06:42 AM, Sekhem wrote: have you ever gotten laid
I did once. It was awesome.
I got real close.

Keep trying. It'll happen to you one day.


It's only fun if you get a scar out of it
Find me on the internet / TF2 Crew / NG Trophy Leaderboard / NG User Icon Makers / NG GM Scripts

BBS Signature
Stereocrisis
Stereocrisis
  • Member since: Dec. 6, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Musician
Response to General thoughts on life thread 2013-02-04 06:51:12 Reply

At 2/4/13 06:42 AM, Sekhem wrote: have you ever gotten laid

Yes. Many times with many women. One of which I married and had two kids with. Why would you imply that these are the thoughts of a virgin?

Stereocrisis
Stereocrisis
  • Member since: Dec. 6, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Musician
Response to General thoughts on life thread 2013-02-04 07:19:02 Reply

You know, you can post your general thoughts on life here too. It's a thread for the people, not just my blabbering wall of text.

Chrausner
Chrausner
  • Member since: Aug. 24, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Musician
Response to General thoughts on life thread 2013-02-04 08:08:37 Reply

Holy shit, your OP makes perfect sense. I support your point of view. Yes I actually read the entire post.

Unfortunately, the majority of people that I know are far too stupid to understand such concepts. I had asked them: "why would you act negatively to *insert person name here*" and they would respond with "because (s)he's a douchebag". If I ask them "why is *specific person* a douchebag", they would answer "because *specific person* is a douchebag". They fail to provide a legitimate reason.

The purpose of making jokes of someone is something I don't get. Sure, I would get a laugh out of it once in a while (whether directed towards me or someone else), but it's really just a few-second thing that has no significance in the future and yet the victim becomes generated with hatred, even though no-one can physically see it. In primary school, I had suffered so much that I literally attacked the group of people that hurt me. I know what the limits are. I feel for the perpetrators that had attempted school massacres.

With experience, I'd come to the conclusion that people with greater intelligence are capable of being more reasonable, whilst those with lesser intelligence would be the majority that would hurt others for reasons that even the attacker himself doesn't know. It's inevitable. When you explain such concepts to a smart person, (s)he would understand. However, it wouldn't work out with a dumb/average person. This is how I set people apart from 'true friends' and 'false friends', and it has taught me how to behave in each scenario.

Learn to survive in each condition, and life will be more enjoyable.

/// those are my 2 cents on general human behavior in life ///


| Level 23 | Captain | Deity Whistle | DnB Producer
MLP: FiM Crew - Elite Guard Barracks - AF Lounge
Be my friend and you'll receive a cookie. ^____^

BBS Signature
Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Member since: Jan. 17, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 50
Writer
Response to General thoughts on life thread 2013-02-04 17:16:19 Reply

At 2/4/13 07:19 AM, Stereocrisis wrote: You know, you can post your general thoughts on life here too. It's a thread for the people, not just my blabbering wall of text.

But that was a seriously a long wall of text. It's almost too long to consume. I think I'll just wait a while and then... ah hell, read it anyway. My thoughts on the topic...

Life really is something we put too much focus on. Does it have meaning? Is it just a random occurrence? Does it really matter? I don't like the need humans have to justify their existence, since it still doesn't make them better beings. Quite the opposite. Religion is like an excuse that allows people to behave as they like as long as they follow the cause. It's not something that ties people together, it brings people apart, and it doesn't make the world a better place because so many focus on a life after this than on the actual life right here and now. If everybody realized that this planet is all there is (not saying it is, but it might be) then maybe we could care better for it. Good points on attention too btw, I was going to say something about that but somehow the other topic just took over...

As for technology, I have mixed feelings about it. I love using it, but I know the world would be a much better place without it. If solar storms cracked down on us in a grand fury and fizzed up all digital devices I really wouldn't mind, I'd probably embrace the change, and hope that it sparks a change (for the better) in humankind, but at the same time I spend a lot of time online, and like doing so, and will keep doing so as long as it's possible. Without the Internet, I wouldn't be able to speak to people on the other side of the planet as casually as I am right now, so that's a big plus for technology, but communicating with friends you could actually meet, with relatives and neighbors and strangers that you might as well greet on the side walk is a complete different thing. When you walk on the street people don't greet, people avoid making eye contact, in the subway everybody's just staring at their phones, twittering or messaging or whatever, even when they're outside they're still trapped in a digital capsule. I like Facebook for the fact that it lets me keep track of people I know, and look up their birthdays or addresses or whatever when I need that information, but I'll never use it to digitalize my regular life, and it's sickening how many people use the service for this sole purpose. People should be able to enjoy the moment without taking a picture of it, or tweet about it, or whatever. NG is different though, this isn't a secondary form of regular life, it's an entirely different life. Or maybe I'm just saying that to justify the alternative...

Anyway, great writing. It sparked some thoughts!

zag
zag
  • Member since: Feb. 1, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Writer
Response to General thoughts on life thread 2013-02-04 17:18:44 Reply

Life sucks.

Profound, I know.

BBS Signature
Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Member since: Jan. 17, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 50
Writer
Response to General thoughts on life thread 2013-02-04 17:24:53 Reply

At 2/4/13 05:18 PM, zag wrote: Life sucks.

That's deep.

UVSoaked
UVSoaked
  • Member since: Mar. 11, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 24
Artist
Response to General thoughts on life thread 2013-02-04 18:40:25 Reply

At 2/4/13 06:42 AM, Sekhem wrote: have you ever gotten laid

Best response after that block of text. Kudos, sir.


BBS Signature
Stereocrisis
Stereocrisis
  • Member since: Dec. 6, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Musician
Response to General thoughts on life thread 2013-02-04 20:07:55 Reply

Just so you guys know, I read each and every response. The ones attempting to be funny kind of were, kind of not, I don't know. I was looking for something more than a tired old joke that's been used before by many other people. I wanted your gut point of view on life. I kind of wanted to inspire some imagination. Not that I wanted to come off as arrogant or pretentious, but I wanted to stimulate some kind of positive thoughts. Maybe just getting my message out there is all I wanted.

It's not like I'm this really serious guy who doesn't like to have a laugh. I'm just not really trying to make a joke thread here. You should really be careful what kind of things you left behind. If you ever become famous, or even just meet a new person who stumbles upon your writings online, you just may have to own up to everything you said when you thought nobody was listening.

As for the people who read this entire thing and actually understood it, I'm glad to have made a connection. I had one person say that his outlook was not the best when he woke up, and this kind of helped him with whatever he was dealing with. That's kind of what I was going for. I just want people to generally feel better about everything.

There are things in this world beyond our control. Some very dangerous and capable people in this world we share would have no second thoughts about pushing a button that could wipe us all out at any given second. Put the wrong person in power, or give the wrong psycho access to nuclear weapons and we could all die tomorrow. Do you want your last days on Earth to be something miserable?

We could go outside and get hit by a car and killed. Do you really want the last thing you said to someone to be "Fuck you." or something similar? Because I'll tell you, if the last words you speak with someone are in anger, and you're alive to never have the chance to apologize, it will eat you up inside like cancer.

The last thing I ever said to my father was that I was going to call the police if he didn't leave. He showed up at my work when I was 19, nearly crying because he wanted a relationship with me. We had a falling out and I never quite ever got over my frustration and anger with his drinking problem, and how he abandoned my mother and I to move in with another women. My young mind couldn't comprehend his motives for needing a way out. He was simply a very unhappy man with many emotional and physical problems. Some of the last things I ever said to my father were angry and hurtful, and it was because I was too young to understand his motives, and too stupid to swallow my pride.

One day my mother came to me while I was at work and tearfully told me he was dead. He jumped off a bridge, leaving no more time for reconciliation. My hear was broken, and it remains broken. There are about a million things I wish I could say to him now. In the last years of his life, I had many opportunities to build the bridge of communication back up, but I was angry. Anger is a poison that you drink everyday. If you have some deep rooted issue that you can't look past, you simply will not be long for this world. He was always drunk, and a mean drunk too. He would send me suicide notes in the mail, basically pleading for my forgiveness.

I don't know what else to say. I just could not deal with it. It was extremely painful to carry all that weight on my shoulders, so I avoided him. I avoided it and tried to live a normal life without that kind of bullshit in it. I think for how old I was, I must have made at least to smart choices by refusing to enable him. He was just way too depressed. He was way too fucked up. I have not ever been able to make peace with this. It has bothered me my entire life.

Point being, you have to be good to one another. Understand that even the "douchebags" are really just suffering from a mental illness. You would hate someone because they had the stomach flu, or any other disease. But when it comes to an emotional disorder, and mental sickness, it can be hard to accept why the sick person can't just change his or her ways. It is because they need treatment. The hard thing to accept is that they DO need treatment, and the hard thing to do is to get them the treatment they need without making them feel like a creep.

Anyway, I know this is just another wall of text, but I really need to get this off my chest.

If you aren't good to each other, believe it or not, at some point in the future, if you aren't a completely cold-hearted sociopath, you will feel somewhat, if not completely ashamed.

I have had my share of nightmares.

TheColourAwesome
TheColourAwesome
  • Member since: Dec. 30, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to General thoughts on life thread 2013-02-04 20:09:28 Reply

At 2/4/13 07:07 PM, shitposter wrote: once my penis was about to achieve penetration but then my mommy came in and i said "mommy plz" and then my mom cut off my dick

hahah mums :,)


BBS Signature
notYert
notYert
  • Member since: May. 7, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Melancholy
Response to General thoughts on life thread 2013-02-04 20:17:44 Reply

no one is actually going to take you seriously when you write a giant text wall btw


BBS Signature
Stereocrisis
Stereocrisis
  • Member since: Dec. 6, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Musician
Response to General thoughts on life thread 2013-02-04 21:07:27 Reply

At 2/4/13 08:17 PM, notYert wrote: no one is actually going to take you seriously when you write a giant text wall btw

That's not true. I have had a few serious responses from people who read it all.

Besides, less can be more, but not in this case. I felt there were a lot of different areas I had to explore.

Swag-in-a-Bag
Swag-in-a-Bag
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Writer
Response to General thoughts on life thread 2013-02-05 10:27:41 Reply

Interesting read bro, sorry about your dad; my dad's a recovering alcoholic too and I barley talk to him; but now I feel i should give him a call more often


Believe what thou Wilt

BBS Signature
Gumbadillo
Gumbadillo
  • Member since: Jan. 30, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to General thoughts on life thread 2013-02-05 15:03:29 Reply

I'm sure you want some actual input, and spark some interesting discussion, but your way of communicating your message is overbearing to most. My suggestion is; try to find the essence of your post. The fundamental idea you're trying to get across, and put those into a few sentences. Illegible walls of text are just discouraging.


BBS Signature
Slint
Slint
  • Member since: Nov. 6, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 37
Audiophile
Response to General thoughts on life thread 2013-02-05 15:07:22 Reply

At 2/4/13 06:49 AM, LiquidFire wrote:
At 2/4/13 06:45 AM, TheColourAwesome wrote:
At 2/4/13 06:45 AM, LiquidFire wrote:
At 2/4/13 06:42 AM, Sekhem wrote: have you ever gotten laid
I did once. It was awesome.
I got real close.
Keep trying. It'll happen to you one day.

Do animals count?


Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.
You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.
ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature
Stereocrisis
Stereocrisis
  • Member since: Dec. 6, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Musician
Response to General thoughts on life thread 2013-02-05 16:20:18 Reply

I find that most people have no problem spending a ridiculous amount of time on the internet, most times reading. So why can't you read this? It's not like you have anything better to do if you're here anyway, right?

"Hey stereocrisis, we want to read stuff, but we don't want to read stuff if it's a lot of stuff because we don't like to read a lot of stuff, we just like reading often, but not often all strung together stuff dood."

I appreciate the ones who did actually read what I wrote. It shows determination, and that is an admirable character trait.

Boss
Boss
  • Member since: Apr. 19, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to General thoughts on life thread 2013-02-05 16:34:12 Reply

today i am sad so i go to the newgrounds bbs so i can express myse;lf in nonviolent yet still behaviors that are fujicuking disCUSTIng


I'm an instigator

BBS Signature
Havegum
Havegum
  • Member since: Oct. 20, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to General thoughts on life thread 2013-02-05 16:53:19 Reply

At 2/5/13 04:20 PM, Stereocrisis wrote: "Hey stereocrisis, we want to read stuff, but we don't want to read stuff if it's a lot of stuff because we don't like to read a lot of stuff, we just like reading often, but not often all strung together stuff dood."

Thing is though; we don't have to win you over, but you have to catch our attention if you're looking to spark conversation. Now, enough of the metadiscussion, I'll present my perspective to life as for now.

I base myself on the fact that we're all individual clumps of cells, whose specific properties depends on what your ancestors properties was like. We have virtually no choices whatsoever in life - and it's not because of some predetermined destiny. It's because everything we do ever, is based on previous experience applied to the current situation. Experience is in turn based on a mix of environmental, and inherited properties.

The fact that we're all born as humans with our own thought is just because that's the only place for a lucid mind to take place. Similar to why are we on Earth is because that planet happens to be capable to support life; Or why we're born in this universe(If you follow string theory). I believe when you die, you die. Game over. Your "mind" is only in existence because your braincells are communicating in a certain way.

Blah, that ended up being a personal reflection rather than a response to the topic.

BBS Signature
Stereocrisis
Stereocrisis
  • Member since: Dec. 6, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Musician
Response to General thoughts on life thread 2013-02-05 20:14:02 Reply

At 2/5/13 04:53 PM, Havegum wrote:
At 2/5/13 04:20 PM, Stereocrisis wrote: "Hey stereocrisis, we want to read stuff, but we don't want to read stuff if it's a lot of stuff because we don't like to read a lot of stuff, we just like reading often, but not often all strung together stuff dood."
Thing is though; we don't have to win you over, but you have to catch our attention if you're looking to spark conversation. Now, enough of the metadiscussion, I'll present my perspective to life as for now.

I base myself on the fact that we're all individual clumps of cells, whose specific properties depends on what your ancestors properties was like. We have virtually no choices whatsoever in life - and it's not because of some predetermined destiny. It's because everything we do ever, is based on previous experience applied to the current situation. Experience is in turn based on a mix of environmental, and inherited properties.

The fact that we're all born as humans with our own thought is just because that's the only place for a lucid mind to take place. Similar to why are we on Earth is because that planet happens to be capable to support life; Or why we're born in this universe(If you follow string theory). I believe when you die, you die. Game over. Your "mind" is only in existence because your braincells are communicating in a certain way.
Blah, that ended up being a personal reflection rather than a response to the topic.

This was probably one of the most interesting comments I've read so far in this thread. Thank you for sharing these remarkably intelligent thoughts with us. You really just get to the point, cutting out any bullshit fairy tale spooky shit that most people come up with to explain the existence of life.

Although, I have to ask you. What are your thoughts on energy? Don't we as human being carry around with us energy? I know that when we did, our bodies cease to function, but Einstein proved that energy can not be destroyed, only changed. So while it may be "game over" for us on this plain of existence, is it not possible that the energy we possessed while living has merely changed somehow? Could it be that we have some sort of different experience after this is over?

For one, I can say that I certainly don't remember experiencing anything before I was born, but that does not mean I did not. Perhaps living cells capture the essence of some unknown energy. Most of us would call them souls, but I believe the word soul can relate to many different energies in the universe, like radio waves.

Did you read my original post? I can't tell if you did or not, because you kind of didn't respond to any of it.

I really appreciate this response though. Very thorough and concise. There is no imagination in it, which is the main problem of any of the major religions. It relies on solely on moral standards, and imagination.

Swag-in-a-Bag
Swag-in-a-Bag
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Writer
Response to General thoughts on life thread 2013-02-05 20:29:13 Reply

At 2/5/13 08:14 PM, Stereocrisis wrote: There is no imagination in it, which is the main problem of any of the major religions. It relies on solely on moral standards, and imagination.

I'm curious what were you trying to say here ? That religion does or does not require imagination ?


Believe what thou Wilt

BBS Signature
Stereocrisis
Stereocrisis
  • Member since: Dec. 6, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Musician
Response to General thoughts on life thread 2013-02-05 20:50:56 Reply

At 2/5/13 08:29 PM, Swag-in-a-Bag wrote:
At 2/5/13 08:14 PM, Stereocrisis wrote: There is no imagination in it, which is the main problem of any of the major religions. It relies on solely on moral standards, and imagination.
I'm curious what were you trying to say here ? That religion does or does not require imagination ?

I'm saying that it relies heavily on imagination. So yes, it requires imagination at least from the people who made it up. The followers often come up was some rather imaginative stuff to back it up in arguments too.

notYert
notYert
  • Member since: May. 7, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Melancholy
Response to General thoughts on life thread 2013-02-05 21:00:07 Reply

At 2/5/13 08:34 PM, AnonymousOfCali wrote: god fuckingdamnit I need some vodka

iktf


BBS Signature
Sensationalism
Sensationalism
  • Member since: Aug. 27, 2006
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to General thoughts on life thread 2013-02-05 22:40:10 Reply

OMG welcome to 13 and on adderoll.


The sig that I'm wearin? Awesomely made by Skaren!
Also, I like annoying Americans by calling English football "real football" and American football "rugby".-Lost-Chances

BBS Signature
HipnikDragomir
HipnikDragomir
  • Member since: Dec. 2, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Melancholy
Response to General thoughts on life thread 2013-02-05 23:22:18 Reply

I'm typing through the PS3 right now, so I can't say much, but I agree with what you say. People have stopped caring about everything and technology is doing the opposite of what it's supposed to. However, know that there will always be good people in the world and that they're always in the background.


This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature
DevourerJay
DevourerJay
  • Member since: Jan. 24, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Blank Slate
Response to General thoughts on life thread 2013-02-05 23:24:28 Reply

At 2/4/13 06:45 AM, LiquidFire wrote: I did once.

I shed a tear for you... only once? poor boy


DevourerJay~Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
Sig By Xeno.
Formerly known as MissingNYC

BBS Signature
kisame
kisame
  • Member since: May. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to General thoughts on life thread 2013-02-06 00:07:43 Reply

At 2/4/13 06:39 AM, Stereocrisis wrote:
I just hope everyone can remember that. Every time you say something, people hear it. It takes on a meaning once you say it. Something you can't take back. Whether it's a compliment, something negative, or just an off-hand remark that holds no particular meaning. People get paranoid about that kind of thing.

That's why your words must be true. So if they bristle at your words, It will be through no fault of your own.

If you think you are cleverly getting away with doing some good old fashioned talking behind someone's back, it will eventually be found out and taken seriously. I don't know if you noticed, but people are not very good at giving others the benefit of the doubt.

One thing this world has taught me is that If you possess enough charisma and cash, you can get away with doing anything to anyone.

Something that you said that meant nothing will now mean something because you chose to say it about them when they weren't around, and not directly to them.

One can always choose not to be offended

I just hope this means something to you. It's not bullshit. It's fact. It something negative comes out, something negative will come back. If something positive comes out, something positive will come back.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions

I'm all over the place in this thread, but hopefully I can bring some entertaining imagination back from the dead in some of you. Perhaps imagination that never existed, or merely died a long time ago.

It's still there. Bruised and broken by reality, yet still it lives.

I ask you, does it all fucking matter? Any of it? Or are we simply to stubborn to see clearly. Now we have the internet generation. We have technology beyond the wildest dreams of our ancestors and even our parents. Now we can talk to someone in Iceland if we live in America in an instant, and not find one thing incredible about it. Gone are the days of effort. We are spoiled rotten and lazy. The best thing we can say top someone on the other side of the world is "You're a faggot." It's upsetting, and I am guilty, and so are all of you.

Make no mistake, The Internet is both the greatest mistake and the greatest triumph of our species. It is the collective subconscious of mankind, Showing us what we've never known and revealing what was already there.

We have all this knowledge at our fingertips, but learn less then we ever have. We gain so little.

It is the ultimate joke.

I truly believe the rise of technology will be the fall of mankind.

Mankind will fall regardless of technology. The Byzantine Empire didn't need GPS technology to lead them into ruin, The Egyptians did a fine job collapsing without nuclear weapons and The Roman Empire didn't need the Internet to show the world how decadent and corrupt it was. It is in our nature to tear each other apart.

We have social networks but we are more anti-social because of them. When we go out into public, we can't even get into a conversation with someone else anymore. Sometimes, but not often. More often we bury our noses in our smart phones.

No that's just you.

Facebook is this really evil thing. I have never seen a more vile breeding ground for villainy and scum. Collected thoughts of millions of users who treat it like a personal diary. A whole journal of private issues and dirty laundry being aired out for all to witness. It's disgusting to think that these are the thoughts which were going on in people's heads way before they could tell the whole world about it.

Everyone has nasty thoughts sometimes these thoughts need to be aired out lest it become something worse, I hope you're going somewhere with this because quite frankly, You're starting to sound like a sanctimonious prick.

I just want to connect on some deep and profound level with someone. Anyone. Before my name is on the stone, I want you to know that I actually liked it here. I liked people. But I have many problems with this flawed social structure. Homophobia. Racism. Sexism. Deceit. Lies. Greed. Cruel intentions.

As do the rest of us.

Why must people claw there way to the top? I just don't understand the mentality of a great many of you. This one hand washes the other shit. Can't you just do something out of genuine kindness? Must it always be about the return of some favor or another?

Because it is in our nature

There is no fate but what we make for ourselves.

^This,Mostly

If you're a negative person, even if you believe it is through no fault of your own, you will get negative people in your life.

If you're negative and overly angsty, You gonna be alone. No one is is gonna put up with that shit for too long

I especially feel bad for victims. Victims of sex crimes, and victims of general hate. The feeling of being unaccepted is being victimized. I feel bad for these people because the negativity is placed in their laps, and they were innocent. They were these innocent people until the world came along and put them through the grind. You can only do that to an innocent person for so long until they become just another piece of shit too. Hence why we see bullied teens blowing away half their classrooms.

One thing I've learned, Is that life is not without problems. It sucks but such is the way of this world and if that's something they can't deal with, If that then they have no business living their ill-deserved lives.

You could full well be responsible for someone snapping one day and going on a shooting rampage.

I might have already caused a few. :3

Was it really worth the jokes you were telling?

Yes


Science can't lie.

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!

BBS Signature