00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

xrusteater0 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Worst Ending You've Seen

3,318 Views | 47 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Worst Ending You've Seen 2013-02-08 07:40:25

At 2/8/13 05:10 AM, lightofdark wrote:
As for endings I feel were pretty terrible... hmmm hard to say I forget most... FF13-2 definitely put a wrinkle in my forehead and I was one of those who actually enjoyed the game, and I'm talking even the extended ending... all that work through the game and you STILL end up basically loosing/it being all a fricken dream style.

But yeah any ending that nullifies all the work you did during the actual game is terrible, I don't feel I've accomplished anything if I spent a week playing a game just to be told it was all a dream, no matter how enjoyable the gameplay is I still want my feelgood fix with a false sense of accomplishment damnit!

Final Fantasy XIII-2 was just sequel-bait for a trilogy, despite Square's claims that Final Fantasy XIII didn't solve anything, they're either lying or deluded. It wrapped up everything that needed wrapped up, Lightning was happy, Snow and Serah were reunited, Sazh got his son back, Hope is free to reconcile with his dad properly and Vanille and Fang managed to stop Cocoon's fall by their own choice. Everything was done and dusted, it should have been left there rather than throw in the completely pointless sequel filled with time travel and all sorts of nonsense.

Tale of Enki: Pilgrimage, an RPG with a few twists. Available to buy it on Steam here!

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Ending You've Seen 2013-02-08 09:05:20

At 2/8/13 07:40 AM, VoidForce wrote:
At 2/8/13 05:10 AM, lightofdark wrote:
As for endings I feel were pretty terrible... hmmm hard to say I forget most... FF13-2 definitely put a wrinkle in my forehead and I was one of those who actually enjoyed the game, and I'm talking even the extended ending... all that work through the game and you STILL end up basically loosing/it being all a fricken dream style.

But yeah any ending that nullifies all the work you did during the actual game is terrible, I don't feel I've accomplished anything if I spent a week playing a game just to be told it was all a dream, no matter how enjoyable the gameplay is I still want my feelgood fix with a false sense of accomplishment damnit!
Final Fantasy XIII-2 was just sequel-bait for a trilogy, despite Square's claims that Final Fantasy XIII didn't solve anything, they're either lying or deluded. It wrapped up everything that needed wrapped up, Lightning was happy, Snow and Serah were reunited, Sazh got his son back, Hope is free to reconcile with his dad properly and Vanille and Fang managed to stop Cocoon's fall by their own choice. Everything was done and dusted, it should have been left there rather than throw in the completely pointless sequel filled with time travel and all sorts of nonsense.

true, the idea behind -2 was initially more to release a game with ff13's quite amazing setting that fixed some of the major flaws of the first (as in the complete linearness of the first) and I personally enjoyed the gameplay and if they'd had a system like that for the first Im sure it would have done a lot better with the critics than it did, as a game I loved it, but they really should have thought more about the story they were pulling apart :/

But of course its not the only game with similiarly terrible ending just the most recent one to stick in my mind for the whole "all the stuff you just did never happened" idiocy

Response to Worst Ending You've Seen 2013-02-08 10:34:13

I've said how good these games are and how much I like them, but the WWE games are so predictable and it pisses me off.

just call me "Jay", thanks.

ask me questions i guess

Profile Image by https://twitter.com/Momochii_art

Response to Worst Ending You've Seen 2013-02-08 12:18:01

Indigo Prohpecy
Fable 2
Final Fantasy X

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Ending You've Seen 2013-02-08 14:30:15

At 2/3/13 10:09 PM, RightWingGamer wrote: Deux Ex: Human Revolution.

Press one of four buttons, then watch some stock footage while Jensen monologues about how great he is.

But the point of the four endings is that you choose them, it's fantastic. Rather than the traditional multiple endings of a game where your weak "good" or "bad" choices change the outcome, in DXHR you've been taking part in a world going through this ethical debate of human augmentation, and at the end the choice comes down to you the player, and your opinion on the issue that has built up over the course of the game.
It's genius, but requires a certain amount of brain power in order to be an effective ending to some people.

Come on in, be a guy, pull up a chair!

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Ending You've Seen 2013-02-08 15:25:50

At 2/8/13 09:05 AM, lightofdark wrote: true, the idea behind -2 was initially more to release a game with ff13's quite amazing setting that fixed some of the major flaws of the first

Honestly, I believe it was about the money. The gameplay was improved a bit though and I did thoroughly enjoy capturing different creatures to use in my party which wouldn't itself have fit in XIII.

Tale of Enki: Pilgrimage, an RPG with a few twists. Available to buy it on Steam here!

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Ending You've Seen 2013-02-08 16:05:12

God of War 3. " Oh Kratos, you had this power inside you all along, the most powerful thing ever. "...

Me: I swear to god if its something cheesy...

" Hope. You fought with hope the whole time "

" Let the metal flow " - Chuck Schuldiner

GUITARISTS Awesome sig by Tateos.

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Ending You've Seen 2013-02-08 17:17:24

I haven't played it, but the 100% completion ending from final fantasy X2. You talk to everybody in the game and your rewarded with this:

Worst Ending You've Seen

Response to Worst Ending You've Seen 2013-02-09 04:26:01

The ending in The first jak and daxter game was ok, but it was more basic than i thought and that game is like a Jr. RPG.

But over all it was a excellent game from my child hood, loved it alot.

"Having known you're a grade A jackass, i'll still give you my money."-Sifraudmis (friend)

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Ending You've Seen 2013-02-13 00:09:37

At 2/7/13 10:35 PM, CaptainCornhole wrote:
At 2/3/13 09:28 PM, chillbro wrote: What's the worst video game ending you've ever seen( besides Mass Effect 3's ending)? The worst I've seen is the ending of Master Chu and the Drunkard Hu on NES.
ME3's ending was brilliant, quit complaining.

I wasn't complaining. I haven't even seen that game's ending to be honest. I just put that because I expected a flood of people to say Mass Effect 3.

Hello there, I am Dr. Fuck You

Response to Worst Ending You've Seen 2013-02-13 00:32:47

"Super Mario Bros 2" It was all a dream. And it wasn't even a real Mario game for us in the states..

Response to Worst Ending You've Seen 2013-02-15 21:54:09

At 2/3/13 10:09 PM, RightWingGamer wrote: Deux Ex: Human Revolution.

Press one of four buttons, then watch some stock footage while Jensen monologues about how great he is.

I watch Zero Punctuation too.

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Ending You've Seen 2013-02-15 22:30:59

Assassin's Creed III. *Desmond touches the glowing thing* then INSTA-KILL.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Ending You've Seen 2013-02-16 02:07:36

Far Cry 3. Although one ending is good until you get ultra stabbed

I'm back. Call the Police

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Ending You've Seen 2013-02-16 03:03:06

At 2/4/13 06:37 PM, Painbringer wrote: The ending to SWKOTOR II: The Sith Lords didn't make much sense since the game is unfinished.

How is it unfinished ?

Response to Worst Ending You've Seen 2013-02-16 03:06:58

At 2/7/13 11:48 AM, darkjam wrote: The original Assassins Creed and Halo 2.

Assassin's Creed always gets mentionned :P

At 2/5/13 12:43 PM, ZJ wrote: NES games were the worst.

You also managed to single out some of the worst games of the NES. If the game sucked... what else could you expect from the ending ?

Response to Worst Ending You've Seen 2013-02-17 00:35:10

At 2/4/13 07:47 PM, kmau wrote: The final moments of Skyrim.. oh hey a dragon.. that acts like all the others.. oh and there's a bunch of immortal npcs to help me.. great. Final battle aside the story was lackluster overall and played out exactly as you expected it - the worst kind of ending in my opinion.

Have you played Oblivion? Pretty much the same thing if i recall. I think the point of the game is more side quests and exploring anyway, they got the story across fine so i dont really care.

Resident Evil 4 takes it for me. Ooh riding off into the sunset on a jetski. How fucking romantic. Good thing that game was pure awesome or else i would hate it.

Steam: Kman

Sig by YenMuffin

"Women these days don't appreciate a gentleman, or chivalry, and they're especially not deserving of it."

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Ending You've Seen 2013-02-17 00:38:41

Also, Assassins creed 3. Terrible end, to a pretty bad game. How does Ubi go from AC2 to that?

Steam: Kman

Sig by YenMuffin

"Women these days don't appreciate a gentleman, or chivalry, and they're especially not deserving of it."

BBS Signature