00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

nuggetior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Worst Ending You've Seen

3,319 Views | 47 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Worst Ending You've Seen 2013-02-03 21:28:13

What's the worst video game ending you've ever seen( besides Mass Effect 3's ending)? The worst I've seen is the ending of Master Chu and the Drunkard Hu on NES.

Hello there, I am Dr. Fuck You

Response to Worst Ending You've Seen 2013-02-03 21:49:35

The ending of Resident Evil 5 was pretty terrible, I thought.

Tale of Enki: Pilgrimage, an RPG with a few twists. Available to buy it on Steam here!

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Ending You've Seen 2013-02-03 22:36:27

At 2/3/13 09:28 PM, chillbro wrote: ( besides Mass Effect 3's ending)?

The Mass Effect 3 ending wasn't bad, everyone just had to bitch anyways.

The ending of Fable II was pretty abysmal, just press shoot or if you don't Reaver does it for you.

You should totally add me on one of my various game accounts:

360 - Malachi117. Steam - Malachi117. PS3/PS4 - NarcolepticCat.

Response to Worst Ending You've Seen 2013-02-04 00:16:58

At 2/3/13 11:00 PM, Cootie wrote: Halo 2. I am sure everyone hated that ending. It didn't resolve a single thing.

Well, they had to leave it open for the 3rd one. 2 wasn't supposed to resolve anything.

Response to Worst Ending You've Seen 2013-02-04 04:11:55

The ending in Chaser. That game would have been really good if it wasn't for the ending.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Ending You've Seen 2013-02-04 05:52:28

To be honest I've never seen any truly terrible endings to video games. Some of the lesser ones I've seen though are the endings to Banjo Tooie and the ending to The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.

With Banjo Tooie it just felt like Rare had no idea how to end it properly and didn't feel like thinking about it too much. In their defence though, it was a game that didn't really need a great ending.

With Oblivion, it was mostly the fact that it lacked a real final boss. You just fight your way through the streets of the imperial city, which is kinda cool, but when you reach your destination you just get a short clip, the credits roll and that's the end of the game. You don't even have to fight, you can easily just dash your way through the hordes of Daedra to get to the ending. It's a bit anticlimactic. If they had ended the game at the Paradise dungeon I think it would've been much better.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Ending You've Seen 2013-02-04 06:57:23

Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Push a button watch some stock footage while Adam talks about philosophy.

Good game though.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Ending You've Seen 2013-02-04 08:20:45

Final Fantasy 13-2 has probably one of the worst endings I've seen in a long time. Though I may be biased, seeing as how I didn't care much for the game in general.

Seriously, who even reads these things anymore?

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Ending You've Seen 2013-02-04 09:39:25

I can't believe noone else mentioned Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days. *SPOILERS* They fly away on a plane and they ditch the cameraman, that's it.

What the fuck.

Response to Worst Ending You've Seen 2013-02-04 12:55:53

At 2/4/13 06:57 AM, Mismo wrote: Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Push a button watch some stock footage while Adam talks about philosophy.

Good game though.

It think that the fact this was a prequel is why the ending wasn't something really important. You were given a choice(IMO the player shouldn't have been able to choose an ending since it was prequel but anyway) that wouldn't really influence the plot of the next-to-the-series old games. Also the devs wanted to give the feel of "choose your own fate" at every part of the game, even if that kinda cost them. I liked the philosophy about whether he trusts humans or not etc though.

Bitte meine beliebte Nazi mods, keine bannerino, weil ich auch ein Nazi Scwein bin! Danke schön

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Ending You've Seen 2013-02-04 17:40:12

Alter Echo. It is an amazing game, absolutely great fun to play and has a truly bizare yet fitting atmosphere and the final boss is great. Sadly though it makes the worst sin in video game endings and leaves the game on a completely unneeded cliffhanger. There was no sequel, there was no plans for a sequel as far as I could see. Yet they left it on a shit cliffhanger.

Now what makes it shit is that the ending COULD have been amazing. As throughout the game none of the characters actually die. You defeat them / watch them get beaten and they "die" but what actually happens is they are surrounded by the same light that happens to you when you are teleported by Echo. As such anyone with any intellect could notice that Echo was actually teleporting the characters away and not letting them actually die. He did this to both the good and evil characters and never mentioned it so it was clear Echo was planning something in the background. If they ended it on them leaving the planet and Echo behind like they did it would have been a brilliant ending to make you think about what he did. But instead it actually SHOWS you an area underground where the "dead" characters had been teleported to and Echo woke one of them up.

That ending was absolutely NOT needed, it ruined what could have been a brilliant ending by pointing at the hinted plans of Echo and saying "Look at this in case you didn't get it!" Such explanations weren't required.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Ending You've Seen 2013-02-04 17:48:57

The 100% game completion ending for Jak & Daxter.
Just the group looking at this storage of Eco...

Top medal point users (updated Sundays) | Wi/Ht member #43

Steam ID

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Ending You've Seen 2013-02-04 18:10:16

Need I say more?

Worst Ending You've Seen

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Ending You've Seen 2013-02-04 18:37:44

The ending to SWKOTOR II: The Sith Lords didn't make much sense since the game is unfinished.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Ending You've Seen 2013-02-04 19:08:10

You just had to jump on the Mass Effect 3 bandwagon, didn't you?

I'm going a bit out of my way by saying this, but.... Descent 3. After such a buildup through the trilogy, the ending cutscene really doesn't stick with the story. There's robots attacking Earth that are never mentioned before that point, and you get a cool cinematic where a dreadnought starship completely annihilates a space station that was mentioned earlier in the story but pretty much never brought up again.

Also, Alone in the Dark.

Response to Worst Ending You've Seen 2013-02-04 19:47:58

The final moments of Skyrim.. oh hey a dragon.. that acts like all the others.. oh and there's a bunch of immortal npcs to help me.. great. Final battle aside the story was lackluster overall and played out exactly as you expected it - the worst kind of ending in my opinion.

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Ending You've Seen 2013-02-04 20:27:00

The neding for most characters in ultimate marvel vs capcom 3.
Namely ultimate because it changed the original endings for the original characters into something different. And by different they got rid of entire jokes or bits of dialogue. They didn't add, they took away. And the endings for the new characters were even worse.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Ending You've Seen 2013-02-05 12:43:10

NES games were the worst.

Worst Ending You've Seen

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Ending You've Seen 2013-02-05 12:45:34

To anyone who has/is going to bring up Halo 2 or Half Life 2 Episode 2, there's a difference between a cliffhanger and a "bad ending".

Last.fm | Xbox LIVE - TEE B1ZZL3 | Steam

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Ending You've Seen 2013-02-05 15:53:52

At 2/5/13 01:35 PM, Cootie wrote: The main story is never the best part of an Elder Scrolls game though.

The problem is that Bethesda doesn't really improve because the fanbase accepts their shortcomings. You could say The Elder Scrolls is about walking the road and not about reaching the end, but Mass Effect has this philosophy too and here everyone throws a fit over the ending.

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Ending You've Seen 2013-02-05 18:04:24

Probably any game where you just die at the end.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Ending You've Seen 2013-02-07 03:59:27

Worst ending I've seen was Bioshock's bad ending. It was just so stupid. I become super evil badass so I unleash splicers on the world...whoopidy fucking doo. And actually getting the ending was tearing me up since I had to kill the sisters.

One must know their allies before they know their enemies.

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Ending You've Seen 2013-02-07 11:48:51

The original Assassins Creed and Halo 2.

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Ending You've Seen 2013-02-07 14:57:16

Drawn To Life: The Next Chapter.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Ending You've Seen 2013-02-07 22:35:09

At 2/3/13 09:28 PM, chillbro wrote: What's the worst video game ending you've ever seen( besides Mass Effect 3's ending)? The worst I've seen is the ending of Master Chu and the Drunkard Hu on NES.

ME3's ending was brilliant, quit complaining.

Response to Worst Ending You've Seen 2013-02-08 01:03:50

At 2/5/13 12:43 PM, ZJ wrote: NES games were the worst.

Yeah. I submit the ending to Final Fantasy 1--long, boring and badly translated.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRKdZJ4eCvY

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Ending You've Seen 2013-02-08 01:59:31

Clive Barker's Jericho

Feel My Hate

Response to Worst Ending You've Seen 2013-02-08 03:06:06

At 2/7/13 10:35 PM, CaptainCornhole wrote:
At 2/3/13 09:28 PM, chillbro wrote: What's the worst video game ending you've ever seen( besides Mass Effect 3's ending)? The worst I've seen is the ending of Master Chu and the Drunkard Hu on NES.
ME3's ending was brilliant, quit complaining.

NES endings were brilliant because they were bad. It's like the worse they were, the more entertaining they were to watch. They also often had a simplicity that new games don't. Every ending was like a creative experiment.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Ending You've Seen 2013-02-08 04:30:04

I dont remember which game it is but theres a game where the protagonist turns back time to the beginning of the game so that the events of the game never took place and everything restarts.

Change is inevitable, all you can do is make sure it happens in your favor.

Cheap Voice acting/Narrator voiceovers!

Response to Worst Ending You've Seen 2013-02-08 05:10:10

At 2/5/13 03:53 PM, kmau wrote:
At 2/5/13 01:35 PM, Cootie wrote: The main story is never the best part of an Elder Scrolls game though.
The problem is that Bethesda doesn't really improve because the fanbase accepts their shortcomings. You could say The Elder Scrolls is about walking the road and not about reaching the end, but Mass Effect has this philosophy too and here everyone throws a fit over the ending.

One of the big differences though is Bethesda games come with a huge modding community to the point where in general if you don't like something about the game you can either change it to something you do like yourself or find someone already doing it, if you buy a Bethesda game your generally buying a platform that you can find a helluva lot of extra stuff for. Granted Bethesda should still learn but that I believe is why people are generally more accepting (plus the journey is generally fairly awesome and again highly customizable)

As for endings I feel were pretty terrible... hmmm hard to say I forget most... FF13-2 definitely put a wrinkle in my forehead and I was one of those who actually enjoyed the game, and I'm talking even the extended ending... all that work through the game and you STILL end up basically loosing/it being all a fricken dream style.

But yeah any ending that nullifies all the work you did during the actual game is terrible, I don't feel I've accomplished anything if I spent a week playing a game just to be told it was all a dream, no matter how enjoyable the gameplay is I still want my feelgood fix with a false sense of accomplishment damnit!