New Topic Respond to this Topic
TB1ZZL3
TB1ZZL3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to why do so many people hate CoD 2013-02-05 12:38:46 Reply

It's cool to hate it because it's popular. Simple as that.

Full disclosure: CoD4 is one of my all-time favorite games, I hated MW2 and MW3, but loved Black Ops, haven't played Black Ops 2.

Last.fm | Xbox LIVE - TEE B1ZZL3 | Steam

BBS Signature
SandmanNLD
SandmanNLD
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to why do so many people hate CoD 2013-02-05 13:46:09 Reply

Cause i get a sniper bullet in the face when i enter the game for like 5 sec.

OmegaChu
OmegaChu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Programmer
Response to why do so many people hate CoD 2013-02-05 15:49:42 Reply

I enjoy CoD, everyone says the same argument about it being the same game, but it is still a good game to play when your bored out of your mind. Pop it in, play a couple multiplayer games. It's a solid game, it's just a lot of gamers are used to constant innovation, making CoD seem terrible. I do agree that infinity ward is terribe at making them, I seem to only find joy in Treyarch's games because they are so up-tight about making it realistic. If they wanna make a fake gun and put it in, they will. And they already have.

However, the main thing that destroys CoD is it's community. About 49% are little kids, 49% are MLG Epic MAster Pro's DroPShOtZZZ seXy, and then there are the people like me. Who play it and enjoy themselves. All I have to say.

Uhhhh.....I make games

LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to why do so many people hate CoD 2013-02-05 16:43:42 Reply

At 2/4/13 09:40 AM, Chdonga wrote: It's popular so it sucks.
The Call of Duty community is no worse than any other massively multiplayer online game. It's just gamers think they're superior for hating it.

No, it doesn't have anything to do with popularity.

It has everything to do with it being a shitty game. It has literally nothing new, innovative, or interesting about it. Grey/brown visuals, boring music, and gameplay/concept ripped off of quake and halo. It has no emotional connection, no interesting plot.

It's the Lady Gaga of video games

scoutthesoldier
scoutthesoldier
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to why do so many people hate CoD 2013-02-05 17:23:26 Reply

At 2/3/13 09:45 PM, HeadbangingLegend wrote: I think the only game that would be an exception here is Left 4 Dead 2. But it still added way more content than any of the CoD sequels ever did.

Don't forget Counter-Strike. Since the first one, nothing has changed except for graphics, grenades and things about the engine. Still added more than MW2-MW3.

That Scout is a Soldier!

BBS Signature
Lympha
Lympha
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Melancholy
Response to why do so many people hate CoD 2013-02-05 18:36:34 Reply

I'm personally not a big fan of Call of Duty, mainly because I'm generally not a big FPS player, but I won't say that it's a really bad franchise. Nonetheless I can see why people dislike the game. The original Call of Duty's, with exception of the very first, in my opinion, had overall a more engaging story and were something unique, they added something new to the game. Now though, there isn't a whole lot more you can add, which makes the game seem repetitive. You can of course still add new maps and even some guns, but the biggest improvements are pretty much only the graphics and even that has gotten quite stale.
Nonetheless, it does seem as if they put effort into improving the games, right now they try hard to make the zombie modes more enjoyable as zombies are, for some reason, getting really hyped up at the moment. Additionally is Black Ops 2 quite refreshing and a lot better than its predecessor. The fact that they tried exploring the future just goes to show that they are actually trying to do something new. It will probably never be known as a source of pure creativity, but I think there's at least some effort to make the new games better than the last.

Reverting evolution.

kmau
kmau
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Animator
Response to why do so many people hate CoD 2013-02-05 19:43:54 Reply

Bear in mind that many people don't hate the game itself. Franchises like these are just horribly uninnovative and some gamers can't wrap their heads around how such a game can be so popular. They hate the fact that the popularity is undeserved (in their opinion).

BBS Signature
Dr-Worm
Dr-Worm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Movie Buff
Response to why do so many people hate CoD 2013-02-05 23:40:52 Reply

At 2/4/13 04:06 PM, orangebomb wrote: I don't know about the most cynical pandering and all that, but considering that this is Activision we're talking about, it is somewhat justified due to the fact that Kotick is still the head man there.

Yeah, but just because we expect something to be mediocre shouldn't make it immune to harsh criticism when it is mediocre. This Deadspin article about a scathing review of Guy Fieri's restaurant, of all things, from a couple months ago does a pretty good job of articulating the problem (though it gets more than a little histrionic at times).

But of course you're right that people have no business criticizing the content of these games when they haven't actually played them.

if that's what the fans want, then naturally, they will continue to make it.

I think it's a little more complicated than "they're just giving the fans what they want." See below, but basically I think It's kind of a self-perpetuating chicken-and-egg cycle between genuine fan support, calculated lowest-common-denominator pandering, and perhaps (at least I'd argue) most importantly, millions and millions of dollars in marketing.

It was pretty clear right from the start that is was designed to be a Hollywood like shooter game

Fair enough, but I think what people are (understandably) upset about is that there are far too many Hollywood-like shooter games being made right now, and the runaway success of CoD is at least partly to blame for that. Not to mention that other games have gone for similar levels of broad commercial appeal and Hollywood bombast without sacrificing legitimately compelling game mechanics and/or narrative (e.g. Gears of War, Uncharted, arguably Halo, maybe even BioShock or GTA if you want to stretch your genre definitions).

with an emphasis on multiplayer, largely due to the boom on online play.

I don't think that was readily apparent until around Modern Warfare 2. The shift in this direction has been gradual, and again, people are upset because this has sparked a trend that's affected the entire industry.

And the point of my last post was that CoD's multiplayer isn't just bad or boring game design, it's cynical, maybe even malicious game design. The entire structure of CoD's multiplayer is built around more or less tricking the player into spending more time and money on the game in lieu of offering a substantively entertaining experience. It's like the somewhat similar carrot-and-stick treadmilling you find in MMOs, or the way "social games" like Farmville essentially encourage the player to pay real money to not play the game. Even if these games end up being fun anyway (I certainly do enjoy playing CoD, and I don't totally regret the time I spent on MMOs back in the day), from a design standpoint it's still just a really cold, mean-spirited, extortionate way to go about making video games, and I don't think it's the kind of thing we ought to encourage.

Say what you will about either the glut of Hollywood action movies or video games, the bottom line is that both are driven by fan support, and if the fans happen to like it, then more will be made to satisfy the demand.

So yeah, I find the idea of "the fans happen to like it" to be problematic for two main reasons. First of all, Call of Duty isn't some cult object, it's one of the highest-selling entertainment franchises of all time. So "the fans" is a pretty nebulous term to be using in such an all-encompassing way. My roommate is a "fan" of CoD and can maybe count all the video games he's ever played on one hand. I'm also a "fan" of CoD and I'm sitting here on a video game forum writing massive walls of text about how shitty I think it is.

CoD "fans" comprise every single audience demographic and cultural group you can think of. CoD isn't popular because it happened to hit upon some golden idea that all of these disparate people love. It's popular because it's been deliberately calculated to appeal to the widest possible audience. In all media, that strategy necessarily results in works that are bland and uninspired (so as to be inoffensive and accessible).

Secondly, video game fandom doesn't exist in a vacuum. Millions upon millions of dollars have gone into making sure everyone recognizes the Call of Duty brand, into splashy convention premieres and generous, glowing previews from gaming "journalists." Those fans waiting in line at midnight? Look, who am I to say they don't genuinely love CoD games, but it's still worth noting the months of constant PR hype that preceded this moment. Advertising is a much more powerful force than we often give it credit for. Activision can say they're just giving the fans what they want, but that logic is kind of circular when Activision spends so much time and money telling the fans what they should want.

I guess my point is that the "popularity" of video games can't seriously be used as a democratic indicator of quality, or as an excuse for lack of quality, because doing so ignores the enormous amount of money and resources being exerted by massive companies to influence their "voters" (hell, you could say the same thing about actual voting lolololol). Obviously it doesn't always work this way - there are plenty of examples of surprise hits and heavily hyped flops - but it's definitely the general trend.

I'm not against criticism of a game/franchise, but maybe you should play the game before making a judgement about the game, and trying to convince others to feel the same way as you do.

Troof.

NG Cinema Club Movie of the Week: If... (Anderson, 1968, UK) | Letterboxd | Last.fm

BBS Signature
SapphireLight
SapphireLight
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist
Response to why do so many people hate CoD 2013-02-06 03:16:50 Reply

They're boring yearly-release garbage that is tainting other games in order to be more "cod-like".

BBS Signature
Nithael
Nithael
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to why do so many people hate CoD 2013-02-06 04:20:40 Reply

At 2/3/13 09:25 PM, GrizzlyOne wrote: sure, there have been rehashes in the series, but 4 is a great game, and they're all fun games, plus, the guys who make/publish the series aren't the only ones to do this. Almost every other company like Valve does it too.

The reason most people hate CoD is because its made by Activision, a company that has been only rehashing the same thing over and over again, adding small changes here and there, new game modes and new weapons. Sure, CoD is a decent game, but its not worth the money Activision wants to sell it for. Also, Activision doesnt listen to their fans, they dont change things based on their feedback and only listen to people with high standing, such as TB, instead of listening to the voice of their community, which they dont even TRY to create.

Change is inevitable, all you can do is make sure it happens in your favor.
My youtube channel!

Nithael
Nithael
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to why do so many people hate CoD 2013-02-06 05:18:22 Reply

Also they have been doing their absolute best to reduce the amount of time and money their games take, trying to release them as fast as possible because they know people will buy them, regardless of the quality of the actual game.

Change is inevitable, all you can do is make sure it happens in your favor.
My youtube channel!

Orochi
Orochi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Gamer
Response to why do so many people hate CoD 2013-02-06 08:34:43 Reply

COD used to be good, but after modern warfare it became a copy paste milked franchise evry year, but I still wonder how does it get all that bigcritical acclaim.

''Don't look at the death star, or you will die''

BBS Signature
LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to why do so many people hate CoD 2013-02-06 13:10:26 Reply

At 2/6/13 12:48 PM, Protagonist wrote: Yes it does. It's the same reason every angsty teen this generation thinks they're superior by being condescending to religious people, Or calling people who watch family guy idiots and other trivial bullshit.

I guess that's your opinion, if you choose to perceive things that way.

Don't fix what isn't broken? People buy it numb buts, they're a company. Pokemon doesn't change, hell the whole RPG genre barely changes but everyone sucks that up because they have a few more lines of dialog in-between skirmishes.

And most RPG's suck too. You can be a business and make things that aren't shit. Just because you'retrying to make money doesn't mean you have to make crap.

Every FPS is a rip off of quake?

We're talking about Call of Duty, which was made using the Quake/Unreal engine.

Plot isn't important in video games.

Is to me. And a lot of people

It's also easy to pickup, and easy to get into. It doesn't require much skill Or thought, so you can play for 20 minutes and stop easily. An RPG AAA title meanwhile would take hours to get into, and sometimes up to an hour to find a satisfactory spot to stop playing without getting winged next time you play.

None of these things make CoD good or innovative.

Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 50
Writer
Response to why do so many people hate CoD 2013-02-06 13:23:50 Reply

At 2/6/13 03:16 AM, SapphireLight wrote: They're boring yearly-release garbage that is tainting other games in order to be more "cod-like".

That's pretty much it.

LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to why do so many people hate CoD 2013-02-06 13:44:09 Reply

At 2/6/13 01:19 PM, Protagonist wrote:

:it certainly doesn't harm the industry

Yes it does.

Stating opinions as fact now are we?

Uh... no?

I'm not trying to justify it, I'm saying that's how it is. It's how it's always going to be too. Also, COD is far from crap. It's just aimed at a more simplistic audience, but like most things unfortunately, those people happen to be asses.

That doesn't change that it's...nothing. It's fluff.

An engine that developers are allowed to use suddenly makes any game made by said engine a rip-off? WHAT?

Most developers make their own engines for games

The same could be said vice versa. But you can't take the GAME out of GAMEplay.

CoD doesn't have good gameplay either. It's not even the best FPS, as it lacks creativity, or innovation

Actually, yes it does. Not every game has to be a novel that just happens to have solid gameplay. COD is good, and it's better than most games out there and it sells. I think that pretty much speaks for itself.

Just because it sells, does not make it good. By that measure, I suppose Justin Bieber is good too, huh? Because he sells a lot?

orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to why do so many people hate CoD 2013-02-06 14:34:57 Reply

At 2/6/13 01:44 PM, LemonCrush wrote:
At 2/6/13 01:19 PM, Protagonist wrote: it certainly doesn't harm the industry
Yes it does.

How? COD isn't the only franchise that is milked to this extent, and yet COD is pretty much the only game franchise that gets crucified for this. Remember Mega Man, with their constant sequels and the MMX series as well? It was virtually the same game with every sequel, and yet no one bitched about that then, I do sense a double standard.

Also, the game industry is a billon dollar business, with plenty of franchises out there. It's not harming the industry, it's only harming your ego.

I'm not trying to justify it, I'm saying that's how it is. It's how it's always going to be too. Also, COD is far from crap. It's just aimed at a more simplistic audience, but like most things unfortunately, those people happen to be asses.
That doesn't change that it's...nothing. It's fluff.

To you it is. Just because it's targeted towards a mass audience doesn't mean it's all bad, especially since there are a lot of worse games that get a lot of attention and fans, and you don't hear anyone whine about that. As for the fanbase, that's to be expected when you deal with the lowest common denominator, but I'm fairly sure that knew that when taking that risk, hate to say it, but it is what it is, a business.

CoD doesn't have good gameplay either. It's not even the best FPS, as it lacks creativity, or innovation

Now I know you're smoking something. Just because it lacks "creativity" or "innovation" doesn't mean it's bad from a gameplay standpoint. What in the hell were you expecting with COD in the first place? I assume that you either didn't play the games, or not enough to make a proper judgement, and hopped on the hate bandwagon.

Just because it sells, does not make it good. By that measure, I suppose Justin Bieber is good too, huh? Because he sells a lot?

That's a piss-poor comparison. Everybody knows that Justin Bieber is mediocre to horrible, but he's targeted to a different demographic. Plus, Bieber is a pop phenom that only lasts a short time, like the vast majority of pop acts, whereas COD is a long standing franchise, because most of the games are actually good, contrary to what you think.

Ok, you don't like COD, that's fine and dandy, but you only accuse COD of being the same thing, when there are other franchises do just that, and aren't as good as COD. Quit your empty bitching, and play what you want to play, because the game industry is not dying, and will not bend to dumbass hipsters to get what they want, and that's a fact.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
GrizzlyOne
GrizzlyOne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Audiophile
Response to why do so many people hate CoD 2013-02-06 14:43:24 Reply

protagonist, why aren't there that many more people like you on Newgrounds?

BBS Signature
LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to why do so many people hate CoD 2013-02-06 15:09:27 Reply

At 2/6/13 02:34 PM, orangebomb wrote: How? COD isn't the only franchise that is milked to this extent, and yet COD is pretty much the only game franchise that gets crucified for this. Remember Mega Man, with their constant sequels and the MMX series as well? It was virtually the same game with every sequel, and yet no one bitched about that then, I do sense a double standard.

CoD makes crap acceptable. And the Mega Man series (which I'm no fan of anyway), had CHALLENGE, and LEVEL DESIGN to it.

Also, the game industry is a billon dollar business, with plenty of franchises out there. It's not harming the industry, it's only harming your ego.

My ego? lol

To you it is. Just because it's targeted towards a mass audience doesn't mean it's all bad, especially since there are a lot of worse games that get a lot of attention and fans, and you don't hear anyone whine about that. As for the fanbase, that's to be expected when you deal with the lowest common denominator, but I'm fairly sure that knew that when taking that risk, hate to say it, but it is what it is, a business.

It's Andy Warhol. It's Lady Gaga. It's Britney Spears. It offers nothing new in terms of innovation or creativity. It's just "shoot the guys amidst this brown background"

Even simplistic games like Mega Man or Mario offer SOMETHING in terms of level design. You can tell people actually worked hard to make something interesting. CoD is literally copypasta of the game before it.

Now I know you're smoking something. Just because it lacks "creativity" or "innovation" doesn't mean it's bad from a gameplay standpoint. What in the hell were you expecting with COD in the first place? I assume that you either didn't play the games, or not enough to make a proper judgement, and hopped on the hate bandwagon.

There is no "hate bandwagon"! It's the biggest selling game ever.

That's a piss-poor comparison. Everybody knows that Justin Bieber is mediocre to horrible, but he's targeted to a different demographic. Plus, Bieber is a pop phenom that only lasts a short time, like the vast majority of pop acts

Exactly.

Ok, you don't like COD, that's fine and dandy, but you only accuse COD of being the same thing, when there are other franchises do just that, and aren't as good as COD.

Like what?

Haris
Haris
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to why do so many people hate CoD 2013-02-06 15:11:45 Reply

I don't think that people hate CoD, they hate the community of CoD

Hikky-Dikky
Hikky-Dikky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Gamer
Response to why do so many people hate CoD 2013-02-06 16:11:19 Reply

At 2/5/13 05:19 PM, Protagonist wrote: Valve games are horrible, and just as generic as COD.

Nope nope nopety nope nope.

Nope.

GrizzlyOne
GrizzlyOne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Audiophile
Response to why do so many people hate CoD 2013-02-06 16:13:44 Reply

At 2/6/13 04:11 PM, HikarutheHedgehog wrote:
At 2/5/13 05:19 PM, Protagonist wrote: Valve games are horrible, and just as generic as COD.

Nope.

Can you explain why?

BBS Signature
Hikky-Dikky
Hikky-Dikky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Gamer
Response to why do so many people hate CoD 2013-02-06 16:22:24 Reply

At 2/6/13 04:13 PM, GrizzlyOne wrote:
At 2/6/13 04:11 PM, HikarutheHedgehog wrote:

Nope.
Can you explain why?

Why should I always have to give an explanation on why I think what he said was incredibly stupid and wrong? I think he's just plain wrong.

But I should stop taking Protagonist seriously, since he has some of the worst taste in games I've seen. He hates Valve games, he hates Bayonetta, he hates Borderlands, he hates Skullgirls, he hates Psychonauts. That's some Egoraptor shit right there.

GrizzlyOne
GrizzlyOne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Audiophile
Response to why do so many people hate CoD 2013-02-06 16:37:06 Reply

He hates Valve games,

Because a lot of Valve games suck?

no offense to any major valve fans here, and even though I find Valve to be an ok video game company for stuff like Steam, HL1, and the L4D series, they have made a lot of mediocore stuff that gets overly praised, like HL2. I honestly don't see the appeal to it, I actually think the beta and alpha stages of the game when they were going to make Earth a pollution filled planet for the combine advisors, and had stuff like Morpher from LoZ;OOT as cool bosses (something else HL2 lacked), to be a more full game, but all we got was game where you killed half robot-soldiers over, and over, and over again, compared to HL1, which had wicked-looking aliens, Marines that were hard to kill and actually leaked blood and gibbed compared to the half-robot ragdolls that weren't satisfying to defeat at all, or at least to the extent of HL1, where you had to do a lot of work and your reward was to witness a rocket engine burn a tentacle octupus boss alive, which was pretty satisfying. HL1 also had cool ninjas and bosses, and a good ending that wasn't a total buzz kill like hl2's ending was.

That is my honest opinion over HL2.

BBS Signature
GrizzlyOne
GrizzlyOne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Audiophile
Response to why do so many people hate CoD 2013-02-06 16:39:20 Reply

also, I don't see why you would say he has a "shit" taste in games, he prefers different games over you, so what?

BBS Signature
LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to why do so many people hate CoD 2013-02-06 18:37:29 Reply

At 2/6/13 04:54 PM, RightWingGamer wrote: This was the point where your credibility officially died. Everything after this point was just you cremating it and giving it a proper burial.

Oh. Pushing A 1000 times, text and fetch quests. Yaaaay

LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to why do so many people hate CoD 2013-02-06 18:39:00 Reply

At 2/6/13 04:46 PM, Protagonist wrote: In my opinion all of those games are bad, and I have completely valid reasons for thinking so other than bandwagon hate.

Nope just bandwagon hate. They sell a lot, so they're good. Everyone who hates those games just hates them because it's popular.

Quinny
Quinny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to why do so many people hate CoD 2013-02-06 20:07:11 Reply

CoD 4 was AMAZING when it first came out and it was one of the first PS3 games that I put serious time into. Shipment was the most fun ever with a bunch of mates. World at War was very good as well but then came MW2 and that's where it all started to go tits up.

The first Black Ops was the last good one but only a new engine and a complete overhaul can sort things out. They're still using the same engine from 4 which is essentially a modified Quake 3 engine. It's really showing it's age but hopefully that will change when the next gen appears.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to why do so many people hate CoD 2013-02-06 20:23:25 Reply

At 2/6/13 07:14 PM, Protagonist wrote: You can whine and backpedal all you want, I actually gave reasons other than subjective bullshit that doesn't matter like "it's not creative" enough.

So any reasons that aren't yours are "subjective bullshit". K.

LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to why do so many people hate CoD 2013-02-06 20:25:52 Reply

At 2/6/13 07:22 PM, Protagonist wrote: Don't like reading Or pushing many buttons? Sounds like COD is right up your alley.

Actually CoD falls into the same reasons I dislike most RPG :)

orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to why do so many people hate CoD 2013-02-06 21:26:24 Reply

At 2/6/13 03:09 PM, LemonCrush wrote:
At 2/6/13 02:34 PM, orangebomb wrote:
CoD makes crap acceptable. And the Mega Man series (which I'm no fan of anyway), had CHALLENGE, and LEVEL DESIGN to it.

COD is not Big Rigs Racing, so they're not making crap games ad nauseum. Plus, what difference does challenge and level design make when it's fundamentally the same game? Your reasoning is so flawed, it's not funny. Go play Big Rigs racing or Sonic '06 as an example of bad games, then compare that will most COD games, huge difference in quality and content.

My ego? lol

The way you bitch and moan about COD is generic does give me vibes of hipster, or simply an ignorant hater. Either way, you're still egotistical in the sense that you offer no solutions to what you think is the problem, and think that challenge and level design is the be all and end all for games.

It's Andy Warhol. It's Lady Gaga. It's Britney Spears.

Once again, horrible comparison.

It offers nothing new in terms of innovation or creativity. It's just "shoot the guys amidst this brown background"

So in other words, it's not innovative or creative, therefore is sucks ass. Words cannot explain that pathetic rationale.

Not every game has to like Fallout 3 or Super Mario Bros. in terms of innovation, in fact the vast majority of games don't fall into those categories, and yet people still love to play them. There is only so much we can do from an innovation standpoint before it gets redundant in any genre, but if the people like it enough, then it will be made.

Gaming hipsters are way too caught up on the trivial things such as creativity and innovation instead of the actual game itself. Never mind that there was a massive glut of platforming games in the 80's and early 90's, and JRPGs soon after that, and yet people don't complain about that like they do with shooters.

Even simplistic games like Mega Man or Mario offer SOMETHING in terms of level design. You can tell people actually worked hard to make something interesting. CoD is literally copypasta of the game before it.

Implying that Treyarch/Infinity Ward are a bunch of lazy fucks who copy and paste the same game every year. Really?

As for your Mega Man/Mario point, get down to the brass tacks, and they are all the extremely similar in design, and just because the levels are different doesn't mean the core concept hasn't changed. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out. Hell, you can make the same argument for Pokemon as well.

There is no "hate bandwagon"!

Oh yes there is, and most of them consist of hipsters and general haters, don't know where you fit in honestly, but you're in the bandwagon.

It's the biggest selling game ever.

Super Mario Bros. and Pokemon would disagree with that statement, among others. Do you bother doing the research?

I'll put this as simple as possible, just because it's "generic" doesn't mean it's not fun. COD may not be the best FPS franchise overall, but I'd still put it ahead of overrated shooters like Halo and Half-Life, {which are good games, but not revolutionary in any way} any day. Creativity and innovation is only as good {and not as important} as the gaming fundamentals such as gameplay, controls and to a lesser extent, graphics and sounds. If you can't understand that, then you really are hopeless.

Just like food, if you can't get the gaming meat and potatoes right, then all that creative dressing on the game will be shit, so to speak.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature