Be a Supporter!

High views - not feedback?

  • 412 Views
  • 10 Replies
New Topic
Irbis
Irbis
  • Member since: Sep. 13, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Voice Actor
High views - not feedback? 2013-02-03 05:33:03

Well the title is propably self-explanetory.
Lately i am trying to promote myself on NG link people from diffrent networks to my NG profile.
And its working.... partialy.
Views counts are getting higher and higher but... Barely anybody is voting or reviewing.
Why?

I mean look at the Movie/Games. They are all literaly COVERED with people reviewing. Being the 1st reviewer if for many people an achievement!
Now why we, down here in audio section are like the bottom crawlers? :(
I mean, some many great voice acting, singing, music and audio novels are all around. Yet we barely recive any damn feedback.
We observe th views counter getting higher and higher but without feedback its like a dead thing.
"Do they liked it?" "Maybe they hated it?" "Woah look they are actualy downloading! but why they arent voting/reviewing?"
I hope you know what i am trying to say.

I cant figure it out whats wrong.
I mean, come on - if you liked the track SO much that you actualy DOWNLOADED it (which is something. i offten like some music but i rarely DL it to become a part of my own playlist) then why you wont vote or just say you liked it?

Thats incredibly depressing for any artist. Not the hate even. But being ignored, left without feedback.
It makes you question yourself and the whole point of creation.

Lachi
Lachi
  • Member since: Sep. 29, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Musician
Response to High views - not feedback? 2013-02-03 05:34:44

Things already discussed lot of times, it's always the same thing.
You can't do anything.


SUCK MY KICK

BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 39
Musician
Response to High views - not feedback? 2013-02-03 05:39:07

Zerovoting & Exposure thread

High views - not feedback?

Irbis
Irbis
  • Member since: Sep. 13, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Voice Actor
Response to High views - not feedback? 2013-02-03 05:43:05

At 2/3/13 05:39 AM, BrokenDeck wrote: Zerovoting & Exposure thread

umm and how is that related?
Read the OP dude.
I am not complaining about people DOWN voting but NOT voting or/and giving feedback.

BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 39
Musician
Response to High views - not feedback? 2013-02-03 06:11:39

At 2/3/13 05:43 AM, Irbis wrote: Read the OP dude.
I am not complaining about people DOWN voting but NOT voting or/and giving feedback.

Read that thread. It covers exposure/feedback as well as zerovoting.

High views - not feedback?

Irbis
Irbis
  • Member since: Sep. 13, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Voice Actor
Response to High views - not feedback? 2013-02-03 06:25:02

At 2/3/13 06:11 AM, BrokenDeck wrote:
At 2/3/13 05:43 AM, Irbis wrote: Read the OP dude.
I am not complaining about people DOWN voting but NOT voting or/and giving feedback.
Read that thread. It covers exposure/feedback as well as zerovoting.

Ehh. Dont take it personaly but you obviously prefer to post random images instead of being constructive.

Okey, ill put it bluntly.
Ive made this topic not ot learn how to get exposure but discuss WHY theres barely none.
Why people wont review/vote.
Are they just being lazzy? Do they forget?

I am tyring to figure out WHY. Figure out whats the source of this situation.
If you know the source you might learn some means of fighting such situation.

High views - not feedback?

Lachi
Lachi
  • Member since: Sep. 29, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Musician
Response to High views - not feedback? 2013-02-03 06:32:43

i thought this was a forum not an imageboard lol.
btw i guess people are just lazy and don't want to get the author of the song satisfied.

like, they're jealous ?


SUCK MY KICK

BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 39
Musician
Response to High views - not feedback? 2013-02-03 06:32:50

At 2/3/13 06:25 AM, Irbis wrote: Ive made this topic not ot learn how to get exposure but discuss WHY theres barely none.
Why people wont review/vote.
Are they just being lazzy? Do they forget?
I am tyring to figure out WHY. Figure out whats the source of this situation.

Those are precisely the reasons for the thread I linked to above. It discusses pretty much everything that you listed.

You've been on the site for more than four years, but appear to be new to the Audio Portal. Here are some useful links. Please read the rules and then make good use of the available threads.

- Newgrounds Audio Forum Rules

- Guidelines for submitting audio. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ!

- A few things you should know about how we handle copyright infringements

- Here is a link to some Audio Resources.

- Audio Advertisements Thread

- Album Thread Guidelines

- Review Request Club Thread

- Works In Progress Advice Thread

- Collab Forum

- If you notice any audio content that breaks site rules, provide a link to it in the Audio Portal Cleanup Thread

Thank-you for your attention.

BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 39
Musician
Response to High views - not feedback? 2013-02-03 06:40:22

Additional links. You do a lot of voice work, so these are pretty useful links as well.

- If you have a voice acting demo reel, put it in the Voice Actor Advertisements thread.

- If you're looking for voices for your project, check out the Voice Actors Wanted thread.

Irbis
Irbis
  • Member since: Sep. 13, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Voice Actor
Response to High views - not feedback? 2013-02-04 15:28:17

At 2/3/13 06:32 AM, BrokenDeck wrote:
At 2/3/13 06:25 AM, Irbis wrote: Ive made this topic not ot learn how to get exposure but discuss WHY theres barely none.
Why people wont review/vote.
Are they just being lazzy? Do they forget?
I am tyring to figure out WHY. Figure out whats the source of this situation.
Those are precisely the reasons for the thread I linked to above. It discusses pretty much everything that you listed.

You've been on the site for more than four years, but appear to be new to the Audio Portal. Here are some useful links. Please read the rules and then make good use of the available threads.

- Newgrounds Audio Forum Rules

- Guidelines for submitting audio. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ!

- A few things you should know about how we handle copyright infringements

- Here is a link to some Audio Resources.

- Audio Advertisements Thread

- Album Thread Guidelines

- Review Request Club Thread

- Works In Progress Advice Thread

- Collab Forum

- If you notice any audio content that breaks site rules, provide a link to it in the Audio Portal Cleanup Thread

Thank-you for your attention.

Well. If you say so.
Thx for the links
They were actualy quite usefull.
Kudos!

The only thing i would add to the topic is that i belive that Audio portal, in general, is over-shadowed by Flash portal.
And it doesnt have to be that way.
There is really a hand full of Audio portals and websites around the web.
And i think NG has the potensial to battle them... if we would try.
I just wish Tom would recognize the Audio portal more.
Especialy as more then half of well known, award wining movies and game has its audio and voice actors from here too.

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 33
Musician
Response to High views - not feedback? 2013-02-04 15:40:38

At 2/4/13 03:28 PM, Irbis wrote: The only thing i would add to the topic is that i belive that Audio portal, in general, is over-shadowed by Flash portal.
And it doesnt have to be that way.

It's supposed to be that way. Newgrounds is a flash based website, not an audio one.

But now that the links are out there, and you have ways to gain more exposure, I'ma close this... cause we get a thread like this pretty much every week, we've heard it all already.


Audio/BBS Mod
News: Something's coming... - Music: Final Destination (Loop) - Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature