New Topic Respond to this Topic
Jomillex
Jomillex
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Animator
Response to Things ruined by their fanbase Feb. 3rd, 2013 @ 07:31 AM Reply

At 2/3/13 06:41 AM, Mohabot wrote: Runescape.

^^^^^^^^^ AGREEEEED

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."
-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to Things ruined by their fanbase Feb. 3rd, 2013 @ 07:45 AM Reply

Sonic and Silet Hill were both ruined by the creators of the games, who are the worst of the fanbase. Americans began making Silent Hill games after the Japanese stopped due to being fans of them, and as a result made absolutely shit games. Sonic suffered the identical fate.

People claim Sonic fans are bad, and constantly go overboard about the new game before ignoring it once they realise it isn't any better than the previous and begin going over the top about a new game again. That may be true but you have to remember that the fans have been begging for either no more games or a good game for the last 18 years (with adding Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 to it as the best recent games) Yet all they get is another shit installment by the "fans" who make the games, trying to appeal to a fanbase, and fail yet again to understand what people actually want / don't want.

The original Silent Hill creators stopped making games, which was good as they wanted to stop it. But the problems came when foolish American fans decided to take it upon themselves to bring the series out of its grave and make the games "for fans" thus ruining the series from that point on. It was identical to the original sonic creators, and for a lot of rebirthed series for that matter.

There is nothing worse for a series than to attempt to force life back into it when the original creators have left it long ago, it will never be as good, it never has done and never will be. By all means continue to enjoy them and make little fanmade projects etc. to enjoy it. But don't attempt to revive a game series when it has already run its course.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature
LDAF
LDAF
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 26
Gamer
Response to Things ruined by their fanbase Feb. 3rd, 2013 @ 08:30 AM Reply

At 2/3/13 04:17 AM, HighWay wrote: Sonic.

End of thread. And Tool (the band) to an extent.

Are you MAN enough to click this?!

BBS Signature
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Melancholy
Slint
Slint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Audiophile
Response to Things ruined by their fanbase Feb. 3rd, 2013 @ 09:01 AM Reply

At 2/3/13 04:44 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 2/3/13 04:18 AM, Provoke wrote: Newgrounds.
Ditto.

It's the same for pretty much everything that's horded by mindless beings who aren't open minded about alternatives or other people's opinions.

Well I don't like that opinion at all so why don't you go fuck yourself you little pussyfart.

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.
You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.
ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature
TheColourAwesome
TheColourAwesome
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to Things ruined by their fanbase Feb. 3rd, 2013 @ 09:05 AM Reply

At 2/3/13 09:01 AM, Slint wrote: go fuck yourself you little pussyfart.

hahaha

BBS Signature
Chdonga
Chdonga
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Game Developer
Response to Things ruined by their fanbase Feb. 3rd, 2013 @ 09:13 AM Reply

Everything I like has been tainted by a lousy fanbase!

Why do LittleBigPlanet fans have to be such sheep? Sonic fans are more easy to reason with.

BBS Signature
Mohabot
Mohabot
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Things ruined by their fanbase Feb. 3rd, 2013 @ 09:38 AM Reply

At 2/3/13 07:31 AM, Jomillex wrote:
At 2/3/13 06:41 AM, Mohabot wrote: Runescape.
^^^^^^^^^ AGREEEEED

Actually it was just a random guess. I know loads of kids play that game, and as far as I remember although its been maaany years since i logged onto that game, it had pretty good content. I never got into it tho.

But to add one more thing, I gotta agree NG is being choked by the majority of its fanbase. Im not sure if its because Ive grown older, but the community and content of NG used to be much better.

SirFinland
SirFinland
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Movie Buff
Response to Things ruined by their fanbase Feb. 3rd, 2013 @ 10:19 AM Reply

Fuckin' weeaboos have made it embarassing for me to admit that I like anime.

UVSoaked
UVSoaked
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Artist
Response to Things ruined by their fanbase Feb. 3rd, 2013 @ 10:46 AM Reply

I'm surprised no one said Apple yet, since iSheep are pretty annoying. But then again, the company was ruined before their fanbase came into play. ;3

BBS Signature
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to Things ruined by their fanbase Feb. 3rd, 2013 @ 11:00 AM Reply

At 2/3/13 10:46 AM, UVSoaked wrote: I'm surprised no one said Apple yet, since iSheep are pretty annoying. But then again, the company was ruined before their fanbase came into play. ;3

not to mention their products are inferior and cost more

LavaWave
LavaWave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Game Developer
Response to Things ruined by their fanbase Feb. 3rd, 2013 @ 11:14 AM Reply

At 2/3/13 04:16 AM, 3Flay wrote: Minecraft

Minecraft is actually a really good game, it's so far the only game out there that I can't seemingly get bored of, that and the sims series.

A game ruined by it's fanbase could be Saints Row The Third, I played it and so far I liked it and this is coming from a person who played Saints Row 2 beforehand, honestly I liked them both and Saints Row 3 beats 2 by a huge mile imo except in city/map, content like clothes/player customization and story but in gameplay terms it's better then 2 and has some fun weapons in it as well as a cool VTOL to top it so the good outweigh the bad in that game yet they treat it like it ruined the Saints Row franchise. honestly the first one was a pure GTA ripoff so SR3 is actually the one that is putting the series in it's own accord, I don't want another regular gang v gang sandbox game anyway, there are already many of them like Mafia series and some others that I can't think of right now.

Ericho
Ericho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Things ruined by their fanbase Feb. 3rd, 2013 @ 11:23 AM Reply

Star Wars, probably. Mike Nelson said "The Phantom Menace" was the worst movie ever made. I look over at the upcoming movies at RottenTomatoes and about half of them have scores LOWER than TPM. You're telling me half of all movies made are worse than the worst movie ever? Geez, critics like Ebert and Maltin like Jar-Jar Binks!

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock