00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

the-kitsune just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Your NG name

3,792 Views | 85 Replies

Your NG name 2013-02-03 01:34:08

Why did you choose it? Is there a story behind it? What does it mean to you? If you were to change it, what would the new name be?

My name has no real significance. It was my email at the time. Not sure how it came to be my email though.
I would change it to PhantomFeathers or Ei8htFulfilled in a heartbeat

BBS Signature

Response to Your NG name 2013-02-03 01:39:42

I like my sun. ;)

Response to Your NG name 2013-02-03 01:40:53

Sean was taken so I pulled a derp

Response to Your NG name 2013-02-03 01:45:38

Cause I was playing a game where "Squidbite" wouldn't fit as my username. Now I like it.

Response to Your NG name 2013-02-03 01:48:58

At 2/3/13 01:39 AM, Stereocrisis wrote:
Stereocrisis was my idea for a band name once. I never really pulled a band together, but I just liked the name.

Basically the story behind it was that every time I turned on the radio, I would here people singing about needing help, asking to be saved, and generally pleading for their place in the world and acceptance. The same thing with TV. I just had the thought that it was a pretty big problem. Every time I heard someone it seemed there was some sort of crisis. Crisis on my stereo. Crisis in Stereo... A Stereo Crisis.

This is good stuff, an actual description. You know its never too late to pull together a band....i fancy myself a decent vocalist, just sayin :p So are you happy with it being your Newgrounds name or would you consider changing it?

BBS Signature

Response to Your NG name 2013-02-03 01:55:29

Ragnarok, "ia" on the end as it sounds good.

and no not from the MMO, from other stuff the word is used for. Everyone seems to think it is from the MMO, it is likely a good game but I simply haven't played it so wouldn't base my name on it.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Your NG name 2013-02-03 01:55:36

At 2/3/13 01:45 AM, Stereocrisis wrote:
At 2/3/13 01:34 AM, TomTheJuggler111 wrote: If you were to change it, what would the new name be?
Ah, I missed this.

Stereocrisis has kind of grown on me. But if I were to change it, I would probably make it something else I liked for a band name.

Buddha of Jade is kind of cool, like one of those solid green jade Buddha statues. I don't really associate myself with any religion, but I like the imagery.
Onyx Sunshine is cool too. Onyx is a black stone, so this is basically a neat yet meaningless contradiction.

I too have experimented with band/musician names and attempted to form them, I came up with such things as The Shattered November, Present Tense Pioneers, A Stone Unturned, SlayveTekk. So far nothing has been successful, I guees I just have big dreams but don't know how to take the first step

BBS Signature

Response to Your NG name 2013-02-03 02:08:22

I chose the first RPG weapon that came to mind.

BBS Signature

Response to Your NG name 2013-02-03 02:11:20

I fell in love with Bruce Campbell.

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature

Response to Your NG name 2013-02-03 02:12:33

I don't recall why I chose this name, I just make it my username on everything. Thinking of dropping it to just "Whale".

Response to Your NG name 2013-02-03 02:24:31

At the time that I made this account, I was really into "tremolo picking" on the electric guitar, as poorly demonstrated here. Since then I've lost access to my brother's electric guitar and so haven't really done any more guitar "playing" in a long time :(

So yeah, Tremulos was inspired by the word "tremolo" and it wasn't until a few days later when I remembered that "tremulous" was a real word and now my username just implies that I have the shakes rather than any sort of guitar picking method. Oh well.

It made more sense in my head.

BBS Signature

Response to Your NG name 2013-02-03 02:30:04

At 2/3/13 02:18 AM, Sensationalism wrote: Start talkin, a sensationalist
Oh he's slightly clever to just a certain extent.

Panic <3

BBS Signature

Response to Your NG name 2013-02-03 03:16:09

At 2/3/13 03:04 AM, Sensationalism wrote:
Panic <3
Surprised someone got that!

I've loved them pretty much since they formed. Plus Brendon Urie's singing voice + MY singing voice = SAME

BBS Signature

Response to Your NG name 2013-02-03 03:19:43

At 2/3/13 03:17 AM, Xenomit wrote: Pfft

"Xenomit is a special ore" yes you are. And not in the condescending way.

"Plz don't call NASA on me I'm afraid of astronauts dude" - DJ-Ri (2015)

BBS Signature

Response to Your NG name 2013-02-03 03:29:41

It's a name I made up for Starcraft: Battle.net

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Your NG name 2013-02-03 03:33:22

because i am a massive homosexual.

The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called...

BBS Signature

Response to Your NG name 2013-02-03 04:08:51

A long time ago when I was about 10 or 11, I wanted an account on the Popsicles website (I can't remember why; I think it involved games or something). I wanted the name "icecreamman", but I accidentally typed "icecreammac", and it was too late to change it. Ever since, I've chosen icecreammac for every single website I've ever been on (with the exception of my school username, which uses my last name and first and middle initials). It makes it easy to remember, and I've grown to like the name.

I have no idea what I'd change it to; maybe icecreamman, like I intended to from the beginning, but a 21-year-old with that name is a tad creepy.

I scream! You scream! We all scream for ice cream!

Response to Your NG name 2013-02-03 04:10:15

My first name was almost Flaherty, so people have taken to calling me Flay. Flay was taken (by some guy who hasn't been active in years), so I went with 3Flay. The 3 is because I help run a site called 3chan.

I'd change it to Flay in an instant.

@metraff @NG_Artists Support Newgrounds Classifieds: commission animation

"Metraff I'm going to fuck you." - Sodamachine

Response to Your NG name 2013-02-03 04:11:36

At 2/3/13 04:10 AM, 3Flay wrote: My first name was almost Flaherty, so people have taken to calling me Flay. Flay was taken (by some guy who hasn't been active in years), so I went with 3Flay. The 3 is because I help run a site called 3chan.

I'd change it to Flay in an instant.

I fucked up that link. Here it is.

@metraff @NG_Artists Support Newgrounds Classifieds: commission animation

"Metraff I'm going to fuck you." - Sodamachine

Response to Your NG name 2013-02-03 04:20:46

At 2/3/13 01:34 AM, TomTheJuggler111 wrote: Why did you choose it? Is there a story behind it? What does it mean to you? If you were to change it, what would the new name be?

It's something I came up with when I was 17 -I don't know what the hell I was thinking. :P

My name has no real significance. It was my email at the time. Not sure how it came to be my email though.
I would change it to PhantomFeathers or Ei8htFulfilled in a heartbeat

I've thought about requesting a name change, but I can't think of anything cool enough to justify getting rid of this alias that I've had for almost a decade.

BBS Signature

Response to Your NG name 2013-02-03 04:28:18

I would change mine to either TheHealer or NowhereMan. Pretty sure those are taken but whatever.

My name is this because my steam name had Cobra in it so I decided to add that into my Newgrounds, which is now I regret. Anyways, I would like to change it.

Your NG name

Making Videos and Doing Nothing Since 1997!

Steam Page

BBS Signature

Response to Your NG name 2013-02-03 04:43:23

At 2/3/13 01:34 AM, TomTheJuggler111 wrote: Why did you choose it?

Because Doom was my favorite game when I signed up here and I thought it sounded cool.

Is there a story behind it?

Apart from being inspired by the Cyberdemon, the most ferocious foe in the game, it also
refers to the image I wanted to create for myself on the Interweb (Cyberspace).

What does it mean to you? If you were to change it, what would the new name be?

It's become an identity and means a lot to me. I won't change it.

Your NG name

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Your NG name 2013-02-03 04:52:06

My original name was generated by the government to log into my primary school's network. When I made new accounts on other websites, I'd stick with the same name for simplicity.

Then, when I needed alts, I'd make a mutation off of my original name, which lead to a branch of mutated aliases starting in "Gum-". I grew slightly extra fond of Gumbadillo, as it has a nice ring to it and is easily distinguishable from other usernames.

BBS Signature

Response to Your NG name 2013-02-03 05:14:30

At 2/3/13 03:29 AM, Painbringer wrote: It's a name I made up for Starcraft: Battle.net

Subtle commercial right there...

At 2/3/13 05:05 AM, Aci6 wrote: So as you could imagine, it annoys me when people call me Acid6 or Acid which isn't the point of my name at all.

That must be trippy. :P When you pronounce that name it sounds like the brand of shoes though, I always thought the name was about how it sounded. Interesting meaning behind it.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Your NG name 2013-02-03 05:20:39

I've posted this explanation so many times in so many similar threads, I'm getting pretty good at condensing the story...

-My brother's online moniker was OhmegaTech at the time
-I wanted to do something similar, but I wasn't liking how GammaTech was sounding
-I was playing Armored Core 2 at the time, stuck on a level on the martian moon of Phobos
-Found out Phobos was the ancient greek god of Fear and thought that was awesome.
-Later made the observation that "Phobotech", while already sounding better than Gammatech, ALSO rhymed with one of my favorite childhood cartoons "Robotech", which sealed the deal.

Plus, "Galt" was taken.

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Your NG name 2013-02-03 10:09:47

I was trying to decide between sonicgottagofast432656 and Slint and then someone behind me called me a gargantuous faggot for liking sonic and I didn't know what gargantuous meant so I picked Slint.

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.

You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.

ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature

Response to Your NG name 2013-02-03 10:12:16

At 2/3/13 10:09 AM, Slint wrote: I was trying to decide between sonicgottagofast432656 and Slint

I keep laughing at your posts.

Response to Your NG name 2013-02-03 10:14:48

At 2/3/13 10:12 AM, TheColourAwesome wrote:
At 2/3/13 10:09 AM, Slint wrote: I was trying to decide between sonicgottagofast432656 and Slint
I keep laughing at your posts.

Glad my shitposting pleases someone broheem.

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.

You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.

ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature

Response to Your NG name 2013-02-03 10:25:12

As said in several threads like this one, my NG name is a spanish word that just happened to stick in my head. The meaning of the word is "myself" or "the same as" depending on how you use it.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to Your NG name 2013-02-03 10:31:08

At 2/3/13 01:34 AM, TomTheJuggler111 wrote: Why did you choose it?

I don't remember.

Is there a story behind it?

No not really. I just got a new guitar and couldn't think of a username so I went with that.
Also "Viper" was already taken...so...yeah....

What does it mean to you?

It doesn't mean really anything to me.

If you were to change it, what would the new name be?

I was going to see if I could get it changed to Viper if it were possible.
But I've grown attached to it and have no plans on changing it.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature