Be a Supporter!
Ghostbusterboy1
Ghostbusterboy1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Backgrounds for Short! Feb. 2nd, 2013 @ 09:52 PM Reply

Howdy Newgrounds, I'm looking for someone that can make backgrounds ( I'm terrible at it )for my new Doctor Who parody.
They don't have to be hyper realistic more cartoony (I'm terrible at drawing backgrounds)
If you are interested message on newgrounds!
I will tell you details and my email!
I would love your help
(I'm still terrible at drawing backgrounds)

nat29
nat29
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Animator
Response to Backgrounds for Short! Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 07:25 PM Reply

I could do vector backgrounds in a Spazkid way, and so could MistyEntertainment. He could not only do Spazkid backgrounds, but painted ones as well. I could do painted too.

Exedor
Exedor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Blank Slate
Response to Backgrounds for Short! Feb. 5th, 2013 @ 07:00 PM Reply

At 2/4/13 07:25 PM, nat29 wrote: I could do vector backgrounds in a Spazkid way, and so could MistyEntertainment. He could not only do Spazkid backgrounds, but painted ones as well. I could do painted too.

Don't volunteer others, Nat. You can recommend him, but don't volunteer him. Your wording is important. "Check with Mistyentertainment and see if he's interested" is better. That way, he's not in the mix on something that he knows nothing about.

Exedor
Exedor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Blank Slate
Response to Backgrounds for Short! Feb. 5th, 2013 @ 07:06 PM Reply

At 2/2/13 09:52 PM, Ghostbusterboy1 wrote: Howdy Newgrounds, I'm looking for someone that can make backgrounds ( I'm terrible at it )for my new Doctor Who parody.
They don't have to be hyper realistic more cartoony (I'm terrible at drawing backgrounds)
I would love your help

You might want to add a bit more information. It's ok to message people with the details, but it would be better to post the info right away. People don't want to ask about something they might have no interest in. If you give them all the info in advance, then you avoid fielding requests from people who aren't qualified or arent interesting the style you want.

As for your own abilities, practice! A background is a picture, just like any other picture. If you can draw A picture, you can practice and do backgrounds also. :)

Mabelma
Mabelma
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Backgrounds for Short! Feb. 5th, 2013 @ 07:19 PM Reply

At 2/5/13 07:06 PM, Exedor wrote:
At 2/2/13 09:52 PM, Ghostbusterboy1 wrote: Howdy Newgrounds, I'm looking for someone that can make backgrounds ( I'm terrible at it )for my new Doctor Who parody.
I would love your help
You might want to add a bit more information. It's ok to message people with the details, but it would be better to post the info right away. People don't want to ask about something they might have no interest in. If you give them all the info in advance, then you avoid fielding requests from people who aren't qualified or arent interesting the style you want.

As for your own abilities, practice! A background is a picture, just like any other picture. If you can draw A picture, you can practice and do backgrounds also. :)

I agree with this, I'm a super fan of doctor who and would love to participate in a parody animation even if just making backgrounds but there's really not much information to judge if I am right for this project or not, and I'm sure many feel the same, post some more information maybe even some test animation or whatever. Try and post as much information as you can and you'll get a lot more volunteers.