• 6 Replies
djahmusic
djahmusic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Little bit unfair music voting?! Feb. 2nd, 2013 @ 08:33 PM

I upload good quality music, but on many tracks of mine I get low rating... I think that there is some people who votes 0 or something so their stuff get better rating than the others, many noticed that as well & told me that they where supprised about stuff like that.
and hey, this is not happening with me only... many other good producers are suffering the same issue!

FooRight
FooRight
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Little bit unfair music voting?! Feb. 2nd, 2013 @ 08:42 PM

At 2/2/13 08:33 PM, djahmusic wrote: I upload good quality music, but on many tracks of mine I get low rating... I think that there is some people who votes 0 or something so their stuff get better rating than the others, many noticed that as well & told me that they where supprised about stuff like that.
and hey, this is not happening with me only... many other good producers are suffering the same issue!

I think it's less of a conspiracy of specific artists down-voting every last song in the audio portal to make them look better, and more of an issue of voting power/level that you're concerned about.

If you don't have any votes or very few on a piece and someone comes along who doesn't particularly enjoy it, who also happens to have a high voting power, even a 1 or 2 vote will hurt the rating immensely.

If the track gets enough attention, and it is generally pleasing to the ear, that rating will go back up.

You might also want to remember that, in my opinion, it isn't about the rating. I love it just seeing one person having downloaded a piece of mine! Makes me think, yes, I have made a difference in someone else's day.

Schleif
Schleif
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Little bit unfair music voting?! Feb. 2nd, 2013 @ 08:47 PM

everyone gets zero-voted. so much in fact, that there's a big juicy thread about it. you might want to give that a read.

BBS Signature
djahmusic
djahmusic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Little bit unfair music voting?! Feb. 2nd, 2013 @ 08:52 PM

At 2/2/13 08:42 PM, FooRight wrote:
At 2/2/13 08:33 PM, djahmusic wrote: I upload good quality music, but on many tracks of mine I get low rating... I think that there is some people who votes 0 or something so their stuff get better rating than the others, many noticed that as well & told me that they where supprised about stuff like that.
I think it's less of a conspiracy of specific artists down-voting every last song in the audio portal to make them look better, and more of an issue of voting power/level that you're concerned about.

If you don't have any votes or very few on a piece and someone comes along who doesn't particularly enjoy it, who also happens to have a high voting power, even a 1 or 2 vote will hurt the rating immensely.

If the track gets enough attention, and it is generally pleasing to the ear, that rating will go back up.

You might also want to remember that, in my opinion, it isn't about the rating. I love it just seeing one person having downloaded a piece of mine! Makes me think, yes, I have made a difference in someone else's day.

Ofc man, its true and I agree with that completely :)
but still my point is that there is many who votes too fast, lets take youtube for ex: there is haters & lovers, likers & thinkers... still I get alot of views there & many fairly votes for the music that deserves it!

djahmusic
djahmusic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Little bit unfair music voting?! Feb. 2nd, 2013 @ 08:56 PM

At 2/2/13 08:47 PM, Schleif wrote: everyone gets zero-voted. so much in fact, that there's a big juicy thread about it. you might want to give that a read.

Yeah, that was a part of my point ^-^

jaysummers759885
jaysummers759885
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Little bit unfair music voting?! Feb. 5th, 2013 @ 11:06 AM

This topic has really been talked about quite a few times. What I like to remember is that NG is here to us for free, although we can become supporters. (Look to the upper right hand of your screen.) I think because it is free that EVERYONE is here that likes to creative art. I think that is a wonderful thing. So many artists in one place. MAN.... just friggin awesome. I have never seen anything like it.

These people are all developing in some way, and growing as artists. It is quite a site to see. What I would recommend is becoming friends with other artists of your "ilk", and growing with them. Learn from one another, and become friends. Because really all in all, that has been the best part of my experience here.

Later,

~J

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to Little bit unfair music voting?! Feb. 5th, 2013 @ 01:14 PM

At 2/2/13 08:47 PM, Schleif wrote: everyone gets zero-voted. so much in fact, that there's a big juicy thread about it. you might want to give that a read.

Thread should have stopped here.

0bombing happens to everyone, score doesn't matter... Reviews do.

Audio/BBS Mod
---News: Ask Me Anything (Answers Video!)---Music: Only The Beginning---
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature