New Topic Respond to this Topic
TheUndeda
TheUndeda
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Intuos5 Touch S Vs Bamboo Fun M 2013-02-02 12:44:48 Reply

So I'm planning on getting my self a new tablet, up untill now I was using the regular Wacom Bamboo. I woul very much appreciate your thoughts on which of these two tablets would be a better choice. I would mostly use it for animation and drawing in Flash. I hope I'm posting this thread in the right forum since I couldn't figure out where to post it.
Thanks in advance :)

Rational-Delirium
Rational-Delirium
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Intuos5 Touch S Vs Bamboo Fun M 2013-02-02 14:42:14 Reply

The weight of the pen and feel if the paper is much better in the Intuos, but the price is much more expensive so it's not worth it unless you animate much per day.

You can't know what you don't know if you can only use yourself as a reference point.

MacDonaldFin
MacDonaldFin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Animator
Response to Intuos5 Touch S Vs Bamboo Fun M 2013-02-02 16:40:23 Reply

As Rational said, the Intuos is more appropriate for daily animating, professional use if anything, whereas the bamboo fun is more for recreational use due to it's cheaper pricing. More or less, when beginning to animate, go for the cheapest, but still most reasonable option.

Personally, I would recommend the Bamboo Fun M for their reliability and how low in price they are in comparison to most graphic tablets. I bought my bamboo a couple of years ago and it's still working as perfectly as the day I got it, and this is after a biweekly basis of use.

ittekimasu
ittekimasu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Intuos5 Touch S Vs Bamboo Fun M 2013-02-02 21:31:53 Reply

I heard that the Intous Touch can be annoying cause you can keep accidently activating it whilst your drawing on it since your palm most likely touches the surface so might be good ot stay away from those ones.

dylan
dylan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Intuos5 Touch S Vs Bamboo Fun M 2013-02-02 23:07:34 Reply

At 2/2/13 09:31 PM, ittekimasu wrote: I heard that the Intous Touch can be annoying cause you can keep accidently activating it whilst your drawing on it since your palm most likely touches the surface so might be good ot stay away from those ones.

Touch input can always be disabled if you find it annoys you. Course that means you're not getting your full money's worth, but the incredibly nice tablet would likely more than make up for that.

TheUndeda
TheUndeda
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Intuos5 Touch S Vs Bamboo Fun M 2013-02-04 06:37:35 Reply

Thanks for your input guys, one more question, the Bamboo Fun I'm eyeing is Medium size and the Intuos is Small, how relevent is the size of the tablet for drawing, should this perhaps be the deciding factor ?

MacDonaldFin
MacDonaldFin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Animator
Response to Intuos5 Touch S Vs Bamboo Fun M 2013-02-04 06:47:00 Reply

At 2/4/13 06:37 AM, TheUndeda wrote: Thanks for your input guys, one more question, the Bamboo Fun I'm eyeing is Medium size and the Intuos is Small, how relevent is the size of the tablet for drawing, should this perhaps be the deciding factor ?

Well, the size is down to a personal preference to be honest. If say, you think you'll be using it on the go alot and keeping in a bag with a laptop, you'd want a smaller tablet, so the Intuos 5 Touch. If however, you see yourself mostly keeping it to your desk, I'd recommend the Bamboo Fun M as there's no need to worry much about storage for it then.

TheUndeda
TheUndeda
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Intuos5 Touch S Vs Bamboo Fun M 2013-02-04 07:08:58 Reply

Awesome, thanks a lot :)

Akle
Akle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Art Lover
Response to Intuos5 Touch S Vs Bamboo Fun M 2013-02-09 18:13:47 Reply

At 2/4/13 06:37 AM, TheUndeda wrote: Thanks for your input guys, one more question, the Bamboo Fun I'm eyeing is Medium size and the Intuos is Small, how relevent is the size of the tablet for drawing, should this perhaps be the deciding factor ?

i went for the intuos 5 Medium, its a great tablet, the fact that it is medium does not hinder portability as it roughly the size of an average laptop. I strongly suggest getting a sleeve for it so the edges wont wear off and it will last longer :)

-A-

Otto
Otto
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to Intuos5 Touch S Vs Bamboo Fun M 2013-02-10 09:45:21 Reply

Don't get a touch, it's not worth it

spend the extra money on an intuos M

This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature
JeremyLokken
JeremyLokken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Animator
Response to Intuos5 Touch S Vs Bamboo Fun M 2013-02-16 10:16:04 Reply

Consider buying used from eBay. I've shopped on there in the past, and saw some decent deals on barely used tablets. There's a good chunk of people who buy a tablet and later realize they never use it, and sell it online as "barely used." The competition for bidders is strong though, I've seen 10+ bidders on a $50 tablet.

Rainbow Animations <-- for my website.

harri21hi
harri21hi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Intuos5 Touch S Vs Bamboo Fun M 2013-02-20 04:07:40 Reply

lol the tablet I have at the moment is a wacom bamboo and I was thinking about getting a new tablet as well. But I would recommend the Intuos5 because it's not heaps of money, I've heard a shitload of great feedback and it looks like a amazing tablet. But yeah I made a decision to save up for a Intuos 5.

Intuos5 Touch S Vs Bamboo Fun M

BBS Signature
PeterSatera
PeterSatera
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Intuos5 Touch S Vs Bamboo Fun M 2013-02-20 05:47:09 Reply

As an intuos large user for over 10 years, I can say it's a great buy! I bought my Intuos 2 when I was in college, and its still going stong. I also have one I use at work. If you take care of your hardware it lasts! Save up - buy a large intuos. Trying to get a close 1 to 1 ratio of your screen is always a plus compared to working small.

BBS Signature