New Topic Respond to this Topic
Trapex
Trapex
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Writer
Beat Four in February! Feb. 2nd, 2013 @ 01:55 AM Reply

Kotaku journalist Owen Good and his colleague Mike Suszek of Joystiq have teamed up to try the idea of, quite simply, beating four video games in February! There's no rules to it. You can choose the four games that you want to use in this event. They don't have to be any specific genre or rating or anything of the sort! That's all there is to it! The only stipulation is that you must start the game in February.

So Newgrounds, if you participate in this, what games will you end up picking to (attempt to) beat?

Mine are:
-Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
-God of War III
-Final Fantasy XIII (come and hate me, bitches)
-Journey

Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to Beat Four in February! Feb. 2nd, 2013 @ 05:35 PM Reply

Sounds like a pretty fun challenge to me and it would definitely be nice to shrink my games playlist a little. I'd rather stay devoted to trying to complete/beat Skyrim and Morrowind at the moment though, and despite the fact that I'm halfway in with both games, I doubt I can manage to beat them before March and still have time left to play two more.

Also, one game a week is kinda tough for me in February since I have lectures and homework and stuff as well. I'd rather do this somewhere in the Summer holiday.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 10 August 2014)

BBS Signature
VoidForce
VoidForce
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Game Developer
Response to Beat Four in February! Feb. 2nd, 2013 @ 06:37 PM Reply

At 2/2/13 01:55 AM, Trapex wrote: -Final Fantasy XIII (come and hate me, bitches)

I give no hate for this, just massive respect for a great game.

Trapex
Trapex
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Writer
Response to Beat Four in February! Feb. 2nd, 2013 @ 08:15 PM Reply

At 2/2/13 05:35 PM, Auz wrote: Sounds like a pretty fun challenge to me and it would definitely be nice to shrink my games playlist a little. I'd rather stay devoted to trying to complete/beat Skyrim and Morrowind at the moment though, and despite the fact that I'm halfway in with both games, I doubt I can manage to beat them before March and still have time left to play two more.

Also, one game a week is kinda tough for me in February since I have lectures and homework and stuff as well. I'd rather do this somewhere in the Summer holiday.

That would be a lot more preferable, but I think the entire point of this event was to help you complete games that you haven't gotten the chance to before. And to do it in such a limited amount of time is supposed to help you out.

But damn, Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch is beautiful enough that I may just forget about completing the game and explore the world a little bit. I may stop playing so that way I can at least beat God of War III and Journey, but I don't think that I can beat two JRPGs on my list.

Atlas
Atlas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to Beat Four in February! Feb. 2nd, 2013 @ 09:06 PM Reply

If I get new AV cables for my Xbox then I'll try and do this since I can get some Xbox games in there. List of my four below.

Comix Zone
Monster Tale
X-Men Legends II Rise Of Apocalypse
Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions (If I keep it.)
Spider-Man 2 (If I get those AV Cables since they're universal.)
Dead Rising (Again, only if I get the cables.)

Steam | Letterboxd | AllPoetry | Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature