ForeverBound
ForeverBound
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Greatest music artist of NG 2013-02-04 10:27:57 Reply

first of all didn't expect it that there where so much post on this topic :D
Second of all it didn't turned out like I wanted it to be but well still think it is a usefull topic ( if i'm counting all the complainging then)

for the people to get it a bit clear we are talking about the total songs. it doesn't really matter if u can't read sheet music or have any skills or u make it by ear, as long as the song sounds awsome. and we are looking now for the best musicians of NG so the guy's who keep making interessting pieces which a lot of people like. and yes Samulis we might need to make categorisch

so who do u guy's are the 5 best musicians in each genre?

At 2/4/13 09:44 AM, jaysummers759885 wrote:

:My answer? If you really want to know who the greatest artist is? Look inward. Pick up your instrument, and get to work my friend.

so u are saying that i should make music? or am i not understanding that last section right?

BBS Signature
Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Greatest music artist of NG 2013-02-04 12:54:13 Reply

At 2/1/13 10:18 PM, DivoFST wrote: You can get some answers by checking the favorite users of the musicians, most of us follow mostly other musicians so that's somewhere to check who we like without hurting anyones feelings xD

I think everybody's feelings need to get hurt.
I vote ParagonX9 for best old school artist, however, his music wouldn't hold up today against some of the older metal artists. However, the best genre that is coming up is the dubstep genre in my opinion. Lots of good folks there, I like Biocide for the Rookie of the Year.

no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature
ForeverBound
ForeverBound
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Greatest music artist of NG 2013-02-04 13:55:25 Reply

I think the best new genre is Hardstyle :D
dubstep is just blehh

BBS Signature
AngelofPeace
AngelofPeace
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Audiophile
Response to Greatest music artist of NG 2013-02-04 15:18:30 Reply

Nobody here said NemesisTheory yet? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!

Greatest music artist of NG

SkyeWint
SkyeWint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Greatest music artist of NG 2013-02-04 15:51:45 Reply

How about the victors of Bosa's Dreams of Splendor contest?

Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature
ForeverBound
ForeverBound
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Greatest music artist of NG 2013-02-04 16:13:45 Reply

At 2/4/13 03:51 PM, SkyeWintrest wrote: How about the victors of Bosa's Dreams of Splendor contest?

hahaha u are one of them, congrats and nice try :P

BBS Signature
RetromanOMG
RetromanOMG
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Greatest music artist of NG 2013-02-04 17:20:56 Reply

I only listen to Lapse.

KatMaestro
KatMaestro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Greatest music artist of NG 2013-02-04 17:21:11 Reply

Paragon9X, probably. I think ranking those most successful ones as the greatest ones are more reasonable. It's just how many fans you get and how far you go in music.

Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to Greatest music artist of NG 2013-02-04 17:35:16 Reply

At 2/4/13 05:21 PM, Elitistinen wrote: Paragon9X, probably. I think ranking those most successful ones as the greatest ones are more reasonable. It's just how many fans you get and how far you go in music.

You do realize this effectively makes Bieber and Nicky Minaj some of the greatest musical minds of this generation?

KatMaestro
KatMaestro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Greatest music artist of NG 2013-02-04 17:46:26 Reply

At 2/4/13 05:35 PM, Buoy wrote:
At 2/4/13 05:21 PM, Elitistinen wrote: Paragon9X, probably. I think ranking those most successful ones as the greatest ones are more reasonable. It's just how many fans you get and how far you go in music.
You do realize this effectively makes Bieber and Nicky Minaj some of the greatest musical minds of this generation?

But they got awards. Truth hurts. I don't like most modern pop music, but I have nothing against them being so succesful.

Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to Greatest music artist of NG 2013-02-04 17:53:06 Reply

At 2/4/13 05:46 PM, Elitistinen wrote: But they got awards. Truth hurts. I don't like most modern pop music, but I have nothing against them being so succesful.

Me neither except that they are the mascots of a particularly evil and soulless branch of the entertainment industries

Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to Greatest music artist of NG 2013-02-04 17:54:40 Reply

That's not really analogous to the NG situation at all though hahaha

jaysummers759885
jaysummers759885
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Greatest music artist of NG 2013-02-04 22:01:46 Reply

At 2/4/13 10:27 AM, ForeverBound wrote: first of all didn't expect it that there where so much post on this topic :D
Second of all it didn't turned out like I wanted it to be but well still think it is a usefull topic ( if i'm counting all the complainging then)

for the people to get it a bit clear we are talking about the total songs. it doesn't really matter if u can't read sheet music or have any skills or u make it by ear, as long as the song sounds awsome. and we are looking now for the best musicians of NG so the guy's who keep making interessting pieces which a lot of people like. and yes Samulis we might need to make categorisch

so who do u guy's are the 5 best musicians in each genre?

At 2/4/13 09:44 AM, jaysummers759885 wrote:
My answer? If you really want to know who the greatest artist is? Look inward. Pick up your instrument, and get to work my friend.
so u are saying that i should make music? or am i not understanding that last section right?

What I was saying is that you are the greatest artist in the world if you can express yourself, and make yourself happy. If you can indulge me for another moment, I can explain. Everyone has emotions, and I think that music is expression of that emotion. If you can write music that consistently evokes that emotion in yourself, and show it to the world. You are baring your soul. Everyone personally will be able to HEAR your deepest fears, sadness, and joy. I said what I said to promote artistic growth to the reader. I didn't mean any offense, and I hope this clears things up for you.

In my humble opinion, there is no "rating" an artist. Or there is no "Best" musician. I take no offense to your inquiry, please don't take this the wrong way. What was asked in the beginning of this topic is a question that, in my humble opinion, can not be answered by anyone else but yourself.

Take care,

~J

~J

jaysummers759885
jaysummers759885
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Greatest music artist of NG 2013-02-04 22:05:42 Reply

At 2/4/13 05:53 PM, Buoy wrote:
At 2/4/13 05:46 PM, Elitistinen wrote: But they got awards. Truth hurts. I don't like most modern pop music, but I have nothing against them being so succesful.
Me neither except that they are the mascots of a particularly evil and soulless branch of the entertainment industries

HA HA!!! I like this guy. lol.

~J

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Greatest music artist of NG 2013-02-06 09:49:32 Reply

At 2/4/13 08:12 AM, SineRider wrote: Is there any question? It's obviously her!

I was waiting for this lol :P

Ectohelix
Ectohelix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Greatest music artist of NG 2013-02-06 10:09:44 Reply

At 2/2/13 11:28 AM, wandschrank wrote: We're all awesome.

This.

Find me on: Facebook, Twitter, or Soundcloud.

Megamannt92
Megamannt92
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to Greatest music artist of NG 2013-02-06 12:42:58 Reply

Chuck Norris.

/thread

Hey check out my music! Its guitarlicious or something.... Pirate Metal! | Rock with guest Female Vocalist

KatMaestro
KatMaestro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Greatest music artist of NG 2013-02-06 13:13:34 Reply

Let this thread dies gracefully!

AxTekk
AxTekk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to Greatest music artist of NG 2013-02-07 15:47:28 Reply

At 2/3/13 02:36 AM, stratkat wrote:
Trancecrafter, SkillzmakeKillz, chimy727, chesyre, dj-nate, F-777, paragon9x, N3z-3, xKore, NIGHTkilla, waterflame, hania, halcyonicfalconX, Dimrain47, sissilenomad, zerobass, and those people I cant' remember.

Yeah there's noway to pick a best musician,.

OH SHIT I totally forgot zerobass, dude made my life! http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/48860 < - this song had like a thousand plays on my old iPod :P

I think Sorohano and Rig could also be considered (no ass-kissing) because they put out a huge body of great music AND added a lot to the forum side of NG.

I also think a lot of artists like ph0ne, BigRed and midimachine did a massive amount for the scene without their music being my favourite.

In terms of my favourite NG music artists on the basis of music alone I'd have to go Hopeku, Rama, Kill Bill, oZ and Suddle as my top 5 besides xKore (excluding people I'd say I was friends with).

Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to Greatest music artist of NG 2013-02-07 16:35:18 Reply

At 2/7/13 03:47 PM, AxTekk wrote: I think Sorohano and Rig could also be considered (no ass-kissing) because they put out a huge body of great music AND added a lot to the forum side of NG.

Sorohanro, believe it or not, was the reason why I even joined NG in the first place. I had heard of NG and had lurked about it every now and then, but he and I met on another music site (Audiodraft). He's been my music mentor ever since. That having been said, I could come up with a whole plethora of greats on NG, but I'm quite pleased that someone pointed out Sorohanro to begin with...

AMDG ✝

Reflection for this Advent: Jesus, Mary and Joseph were asylum-seekers.
Currently in progress: INI:FLIPSWITCH

BBS Signature
Calamaistr
Calamaistr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to Greatest music artist of NG 2013-02-08 06:33:00 Reply

in reality noone on ng knows what hes doing we just let a group of monkeys randomly poop on a grid wich then decides where we put our notes.

all music is made like this, throughout history.

Original, classical and retro videogame music composer. pm me for (free) hire, depending on your project i will make you a ost.

Chrausner
Chrausner
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Musician
Response to Greatest music artist of NG 2013-02-08 07:43:26 Reply

At 2/3/13 02:36 AM, stratkat wrote:
Trancecrafter, SkillzmakeKillz, chimy727, chesyre, dj-nate, F-777, paragon9x, N3z-3, xKore, NIGHTkilla, waterflame, hania, halcyonicfalconX, Dimrain47, sissilenomad, zerobass, and those people I cant' remember.

^ lol Paragon9X nice typo

Don't forget DavidOrr and MaestroRage.

| Level 23 | Captain | Deity Whistle | DnB Producer
MLP: FiM Crew - Elite Guard Barracks - AF Lounge
Be my friend and you'll receive a cookie. ^____^

BBS Signature