ForeverBound
ForeverBound
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Greatest music artist of NG 2013-02-01 16:32:28 Reply

Hi guy's,

I was just wondering who u think are the greatest music artists of NG. which keep making awsome tracks and if u see a track of him/her that u already know that u probably like it and that u will download it.
and which new talented guy's do u think can get to the top of NG and become one of the greatest artists?

BBS Signature
KatMaestro
KatMaestro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Greatest music artist of NG 2013-02-01 21:01:16 Reply

*Cough* you know exactly everyone on here votes for themselves. *Cough*

Blackhole12
Blackhole12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Game Developer
Response to Greatest music artist of NG 2013-02-01 21:29:52 Reply

At 2/1/13 04:32 PM, ForeverBound wrote: Hi guy's,

I was just wondering who u think are the greatest music artists of NG.

WELL OBVIOUSLY I'M THE GREATEST ARTIST EVER!

But this forum is for the production of music, not appreciation, so this really belongs in the general forums. Or maybe the lounge. It will still devolve into a dick waving contest either way.

Bosa
Bosa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to Greatest music artist of NG 2013-02-01 21:39:45 Reply

At 2/1/13 09:29 PM, Blackhole12 wrote: But this forum is for the production of music, not appreciation, so this really belongs in the general forums. Or maybe the lounge. It will still devolve into a dick waving contest either way.

In other words: in order to avoid drama, it's best not to post topics like these. No need to hurt anyone's feelings.

Those that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength

BBS Signature
AxTekk
AxTekk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to Greatest music artist of NG 2013-02-01 22:05:04 Reply

Seriously, how is this even a question?

DivoFST
DivoFST
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to Greatest music artist of NG 2013-02-01 22:18:33 Reply

You can get some answers by checking the favorite users of the musicians, most of us follow mostly other musicians so that's somewhere to check who we like without hurting anyones feelings xD

No mather how good you are sometime, somewhere, somehow...
Someone will blow your mind and make feel a beginner again..

BBS Signature
wandschrank
wandschrank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to Greatest music artist of NG 2013-02-02 11:28:40 Reply

I was just wondering who u think are the greatest music artists of NG. which keep making awsome tracks and if u see a track of him/her that u already know that u probably like it and that u will download it.
and which new talented guy's do u think can get to the top of NG and become one of the greatest artists?

We're all awesome.

Lachi
Lachi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Greatest music artist of NG 2013-02-02 11:33:23 Reply

yeah i heard about a guy with a dog avatar that it's getting better and his last song is very cool

SUCK MY KICK

ForeverBound
ForeverBound
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Greatest music artist of NG 2013-02-02 13:13:17 Reply

At 2/1/13 10:05 PM, AxTekk wrote: Seriously, how is this even a question?

haha well i have to admit xKore is a pretty good artist just like TranceCrafter :)

BBS Signature
SoulofT
SoulofT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Greatest music artist of NG 2013-02-02 16:01:01 Reply

Everyone here sucks, including me

ForeverBound
ForeverBound
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Greatest music artist of NG 2013-02-02 18:21:11 Reply

At 2/2/13 04:01 PM, SoulofT wrote: Everyone here sucks, including me

well first off all u don't suck and second off all there are some pretty good artists around here ;)

BBS Signature
SoulofT
SoulofT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Greatest music artist of NG 2013-02-02 18:56:26 Reply

At 2/2/13 06:21 PM, ForeverBound wrote:
At 2/2/13 04:01 PM, SoulofT wrote: Everyone here sucks, including me
well first off all u don't suck and second off all there are some pretty good artists around here ;)

lol, of course I was just kidding, there's some great artists here ^^

stratkat
stratkat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to Greatest music artist of NG 2013-02-03 02:36:21 Reply

Trancecrafter, SkillzmakeKillz, chimy727, chesyre, dj-nate, F-777, paragon9x, N3z-3, xKore, NIGHTkilla, waterflame, hania, halcyonicfalconX, Dimrain47, sissilenomad, zerobass, and those people I cant' remember.

Yeah there's noway to pick a best musician,.

ForeverBound
ForeverBound
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Greatest music artist of NG 2013-02-03 04:30:18 Reply

At 2/3/13 02:36 AM, stratkat wrote:
Trancecrafter, SkillzmakeKillz, chimy727, chesyre, dj-nate, F-777, paragon9x, N3z-3, xKore, NIGHTkilla, waterflame, hania, halcyonicfalconX, Dimrain47, sissilenomad, zerobass, and those people I cant' remember.

it is abou the greatest musicians so it;s a group like u are saying here and i know that and i want to discuss about them lol

BBS Signature
sorohanro
sorohanro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Musician
Response to Greatest music artist of NG 2013-02-03 07:30:59 Reply

You might want to check this Underdog List where people submit links to artists that are very good but not well enough known.

Also, what would make an artist to be "THE GREATEST" ?
Q - being signed to a record label?
A - well, there are a few, but that's great just for NG artists. There are plenty of artists signed which we might not like at all (J Bieber comes in mind quite easy).

Q - being on tv and radio?
A - again, there are some (Soulja Boy used to have a NG account) but then again, would that make you consider THE GREATEST?

Q - having music in big movies, Disney or other Hollywood productions?
A - I can name some, but that's again, on a certain style of music and because they don't spend too much time on forum lately they are not well known.

Q - making some popular music software?
A - again, I can name at least Zircon Music (you know, FL Studio demos, instruments and now having his own company for making virtual instruments), but is that great here on NG?

So, until we define what makes an artist to be "THE GREATEST" we can't really find that. One contest that is ongoing, Dreams of Splendor Contest, is trying to answer quite a similar question, so I guess we have to wait and see... maybe we'll get an answer.

Knoxius
Knoxius
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Greatest music artist of NG 2013-02-03 07:35:29 Reply

At 2/3/13 02:36 AM, stratkat wrote: Trancecrafter, SkillzmakeKillz, chimy727, chesyre, dj-nate, F-777, paragon9x, N3z-3, xKore, NIGHTkilla, waterflame, hania, halcyonicfalconX, Dimrain47, sissilenomad, zerobass, and those people I cant' remember.

Not to mention that this only covers a small demographic of artists on Newgrounds.

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Greatest music artist of NG 2013-02-03 18:05:32 Reply

why isn't this thread locked yet?

lel

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to Greatest music artist of NG 2013-02-03 18:08:41 Reply

At 2/3/13 06:05 PM, Sequenced wrote: why isn't this thread locked yet?

Because the admins saw fit to change the rules:

Please focus discussion on the creation and appreciation of original works here on Newgrounds.

Audio/BBS Mod
News: Something's coming... - Music: Final Destination (Loop) - Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Greatest music artist of NG 2013-02-03 18:10:11 Reply

At 2/3/13 06:08 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:

Please focus discussion on the creation and appreciation of original works here on Newgrounds.

great so we're all a bunch of circle jerks now.

lel

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to Greatest music artist of NG 2013-02-03 18:11:11 Reply

At 2/3/13 06:10 PM, Sequenced wrote:
At 2/3/13 06:08 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:

great so we're all a bunch of circle jerks now.

Nope, I'm only letting it go so far. There's a difference between appreciation and ass kissing circle jerks.

Audio/BBS Mod
News: Something's coming... - Music: Final Destination (Loop) - Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
samulis
samulis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 08
Musician
Response to Greatest music artist of NG 2013-02-03 19:20:41 Reply

It also depends if you are talking about SKILL too... a lot of artists on here write stuff, but can't read sheet music or play an instrument or haven't gone to any school for music, but they are still artists, and some of them very good.

You can also judge based on complexity and how carefully they craft their work... there are people who pay close attention to every single note in their piece, spending hours making sure everything sounds just right, and others who just toss cliche chord progressions in and either write a melody or record vocals on top. Some people use complex theory to shape their pieces in certain ways, while others simply rely on their ear.

Alternately, you could judge people on how successful they are. This is tricky, as exposure is a difficult thing to measure in a place where it comes to a few instantly, others rarely, and some never at all. Just like in the mainstream music world, not all the pop stars are REALLY the most capable musicians or composers, they just happened to have been in the right place in the right time and done the right thing.

No matter how you approach this issue, I don't think there's ever a clear answer. Certainly you can make a list of your favorite artists in each category- for instance, in classical, you could rattle off a good dozen names of people who post works under classical who are generally considered to be (or were) the higher end of it... Bosa, Edgen, Deadlyfishes, BrokenDeck when his keyboard is not trying to hinder his piano mastery, etc. However, I would have trouble picking among all their number one person who, even in just that section, is the best. They all have their own uniqueness to them that I would never be able to decide one over the other. Perhaps if you said... "who is the greatest [dark orchestral] music artist of NG?" it would be easier to answer, when the individual niches and characteristics of each composer comes into focus.

My Music - Virtual Instruments - Website
Orchestral/Cinematic Composer

BBS Signature
Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Greatest music artist of NG 2013-02-03 19:31:08 Reply

At 2/3/13 07:30 AM, sorohanro wrote: what would make an artist to be "THE GREATEST" ?

I suppose the hope is that amongst musicians here, the greatest would be defined based on combinations of both the quality of production and composition. But then, that would exclude a large portion of people who lack the ears or knowledge to accurately judge such a thing, not to mention most people are bias to a lot of types of musical phrasing and genre....although people arent afraid to voice their unknowing opinions on music, so we'd get plenty of clutter from that.

There is definitely no win-win type of definition, but I still see it as the perhaps the most accurate in broad terms.

The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Greatest music artist of NG 2013-02-03 19:39:17 Reply

We should have Newgrounds Grammys lol

deadlyfishes
deadlyfishes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Greatest music artist of NG 2013-02-03 19:55:13 Reply

At 2/3/13 07:30 AM, sorohanro wrote:
So, until we define what makes an artist to be "THE GREATEST" we can't really find that. One contest that is ongoing, Dreams of Splendor Contest, is trying to answer quite a similar question, so I guess we have to wait and see... maybe we'll get an answer.

There was also this contest and the results;D

<Professional Composer> <AudioJungle Reviewer>
OFFICIAL MUSIC SITE!
Check out something I did for NATA 2013! Hikarian's winning NATA 2013 Entry

BBS Signature
DesoPL
DesoPL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Greatest music artist of NG 2013-02-03 21:24:06 Reply

All NG music artists are awesome.

jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Greatest music artist of NG 2013-02-03 23:56:02 Reply

why are people even responding to this topic lol

LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Greatest music artist of NG 2013-02-04 00:21:44 Reply

Omegist.

Kid is amazing.

Chemich
Chemich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Greatest music artist of NG 2013-02-04 01:59:11 Reply

stamper is best audio

he faps

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

BBS Signature
SineRider
SineRider
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to Greatest music artist of NG 2013-02-04 08:12:14 Reply

Is there any question? It's obviously her!

jaysummers759885
jaysummers759885
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Greatest music artist of NG 2013-02-04 09:44:30 Reply

Every artist in my opinion, reaches a point of success in their own self image. A value of a piece of art cannot be determined by an observer, no more than a cloud can reach the heavens. Quite frequently people try to put a price on art, but quite frankly, they are just trying to put their kids through college. Creating an image of success, and also, knowing the right people, having enough money, and looking handsome, are not properties of a good musician. Those are properties of a business man. I respect every artist in their own right because, even though the world gets to see it on occasion, it is the expression of a person. That person is who benefits the most from it, otherwise, the only use for art would be to make money in business. Sir, that is just not the case. If you want to make money at music, then my friend, gets some bling, some half naked women, rent a cadillac low rider, and go sell your soul in Cali. Or be talented, have a rich uncle that has no children, and likes to gamble.

Otherwise, remember that artists are always going to exist in every nook and cranny in this world, because it belongs to them, and they belong to it. It is free, if you have the aptitude, time, and effort, and no no is going to ever stop that. NOT EVEN NAPOLEON HIMSELF!!!

It is a humungous toy, and a lot people want to play with it, and no one is going to tell me that my toy sucks, and I am not going to tell any one that their big wheel is broken down and shitty.

Because in the end, it is I that make the evaluation sincere. If I am not happy with it, then it doesn't exist. The artist creates it, or takes it away. It is creative control, it is a creation process that the artist owns. It belongs to no own else, and they are the ones that decide if it is successful.

My answer? If you really want to know who the greatest artist is? Look inward. Pick up your instrument, and get to work my friend.

*gets his Transformer collection out, and starts a mock battle*

~J