Zachary
Zachary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Melancholy
Response to Feeds Up, Publishing Down! Feb. 3rd, 2013 @ 01:25 AM Reply

At 2/3/13 01:23 AM, EJR wrote:
At 2/3/13 01:21 AM, Zachary wrote: Just noticed this... can you please add the stripe pattern to the last button so it looks even :x
Other parts of the site are the same way

weird...........................

I think the ones that expand are the ones that have the stripes... still looks odd to me though.

Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 49
Writer
Response to Feeds Up, Publishing Down! Feb. 3rd, 2013 @ 03:27 AM Reply

At 2/3/13 01:25 AM, Zachary wrote: I think the ones that expand are the ones that have the stripes... still looks odd to me though.

Indeed.

At 2/2/13 01:14 PM, TomFulp wrote: We plan to just have everyone involved get a PM when the monthly voting time begins. That SHOULD do a decent job at letting everyone know!

Sounds much better than the current alternative.

Mattster
Mattster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Game Developer
Response to Feeds Up, Publishing Down! Feb. 3rd, 2013 @ 11:15 AM Reply

This is awesome! Absolutely love the feed, and more importantly, the notifications on the homepage :D

Quick suggestion for the forum reply feed: It would be nice if clicking the topic linked you to the permalink of the reply instead of just bringing you to the first page of the topic. You can hit reply from right there which is great, but it would be nice to have a quick way to read any other comments that have been posted before replying :)

Luwano
Luwano
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Art Lover
Response to Feeds Up, Publishing Down! Feb. 3rd, 2013 @ 11:42 AM Reply

The new features just keep rolling in, awesome.

The feed doesn't appear when I access NG via iPhone though. I thought, you might wanna know.

BBS Signature
Lucky
Lucky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Animator
Response to Feeds Up, Publishing Down! Feb. 3rd, 2013 @ 04:02 PM Reply

Hey Tom,
SWIVEL Bugs & Suggestions

What I found is that when switching to Quicktime exporting it crashes when loading the second file, so you have to keep restarting every time you need to load a new SWF in.

When a movie has motion guides it sometimes refuses to start the render until i cut all the frames out and paste them into a new file and export that

Suggestions:

Remember my settings, since I don't usually export to anything bigger than 1024*576 and without audio. I have to keep enabling it for each file.

Multi selection for swfs instead of adding 20 files 1 by 1, shift clicking them.

Thats what I've got so far, but apart from that this software is AMAZING and is saving me so much time!:D

Thanks NG for making this <333

My Artsy Thread
Current top 3 forum artists

Fersteger /Flowers10 / ZaneZansorrow

BBS Signature
Kiigen
Kiigen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Feeds Up, Publishing Down! Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 12:51 AM Reply

I am really enjoying new changes and I am pretty excited for the Social system and what's in store. I also just noticed the frontpage updates part today. Awesome.

OBJECTION!

BenjaminTibbetts
BenjaminTibbetts
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Feeds Up, Publishing Down! Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 01:01 AM Reply

At 2/4/13 12:51 AM, Kiigen wrote: I am really enjoying new changes and I am pretty excited for the Social system and what's in store. I also just noticed the frontpage updates part today. Awesome.

Ditto. The recent changes have been terrific. I've decided to support.

BBS Signature
Hyptosis
Hyptosis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist
Response to Feeds Up, Publishing Down! Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 01:05 AM Reply

The feed is really rocking ass, great job. This will make communicating to player so much easier. Thanks a million!

Kajenx
Kajenx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Feeds Up, Publishing Down! Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 04:11 AM Reply

AHHHHH, I love how it tells me when someone replied to my blog posts on their blog! I feel like a girls who just got new shoes!

</sexism>

BBS Signature
Kajenx
Kajenx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Feeds Up, Publishing Down! Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 05:09 AM Reply

I think having the Social button default to your feeds rather than friends would be more convenient, since you don't really need to look at your friends list very often.

BBS Signature
Luwano
Luwano
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Art Lover
Response to Feeds Up, Publishing Down! Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 10:38 AM Reply

At 2/3/13 11:42 AM, Luwano wrote: The new features just keep rolling in, awesome.

The feed doesn't appear when I access NG via iPhone though. I thought, you might wanna know.

Actually, scratch that. They do appear. Either you fixed it in the meantime or I missed them when I first looked for them.

BBS Signature
TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 14
Game Developer
Response to Feeds Up, Publishing Down! Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 12:02 PM Reply

At 2/4/13 05:09 AM, Kajenx wrote: I think having the Social button default to your feeds rather than friends would be more convenient, since you don't really need to look at your friends list very often.

Planning to make that change!

This is the game JohnnyUtah and I have been working on.

BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Reader
Response to Feeds Up, Publishing Down! Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 01:23 PM Reply

At 2/4/13 12:02 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 2/4/13 05:09 AM, Kajenx wrote: I think having the Social button default to your feeds rather than friends would be more convenient, since you don't really need to look at your friends list very often.
Planning to make that change!

It would be nice if it was possible to click the entire feed/friend bar to open that menu. Instead of just the + or -

KaDoYuu
KaDoYuu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Animator
Response to Feeds Up, Publishing Down! Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 03:00 PM Reply

There are some updates missing from my news feed.

"Trolls are people who long ago gave up the will to live worthwhile lives, and now dedicate themselves to tormenting others, in attempts to drag victims down to their level."

KaDoYuu
KaDoYuu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Animator
Response to Feeds Up, Publishing Down! Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 03:05 PM Reply

At 2/4/13 03:00 PM, KaDoYuu wrote: There are some updates missing from my news feed.

Also... wha? New aura? I've never seen this before..

Feeds Up, Publishing Down!

"Trolls are people who long ago gave up the will to live worthwhile lives, and now dedicate themselves to tormenting others, in attempts to drag victims down to their level."

MaartenC
MaartenC
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Audiophile
Response to Feeds Up, Publishing Down! Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 05:18 PM Reply

At 2/1/13 10:09 AM, Chrausner wrote: Oh cool, let's try it out...

@MaartenC

HEY DUDE START POSTING IN THE BSS AGAIN!

@Chrausner
Oh hey, this feat is pretty cool.

bassfiddlejones
bassfiddlejones
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Feeds Up, Publishing Down! Feb. 6th, 2013 @ 01:47 AM Reply

Really loving the new feeds, but I've noticed under "project stats" in your project manager, the reviews link is now broken and doesn't lead to your feed, but the old page.

Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to Feeds Up, Publishing Down! Feb. 9th, 2013 @ 06:40 PM Reply

Ah, thanks a lot for that feed thing. I especially like how you can easily see when someone replied to your posts on the BBS. That's going to save me a lot of time browsing back to my posts to see if anyone cared to respond.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 12 July 2014)

BBS Signature
KaDoYuu
KaDoYuu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Animator
Response to Feeds Up, Publishing Down! Feb. 9th, 2013 @ 07:19 PM Reply

At 2/9/13 06:40 PM, Auz wrote: Ah, thanks a lot for that feed thing. I especially like how you can easily see when someone replied to your posts on the BBS. That's going to save me a lot of time browsing back to my posts to see if anyone cared to respond.

Is there a way to see your blog post history, the same way you can go through your past forum posts?

also, I think it'd be neat to have Programmers and Animators forums linked in the drop-down menus as is done for Art and Audio..

TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 14
Game Developer
Response to Feeds Up, Publishing Down! Feb. 10th, 2013 @ 10:03 AM Reply

At 2/9/13 07:19 PM, KaDoYuu wrote: Is there a way to see your blog post history, the same way you can go through your past forum posts?

also, I think it'd be neat to have Programmers and Animators forums linked in the drop-down menus as is done for Art and Audio..

There currently isn't a way to see your blog post history. Forum links in the dropdowns are really tempting, we just get nervous about the dropdowns getting too long. I use the "Latest" link in the dropdowns... Does anyone here use "Greatest" and "Popular" in the dropdowns?

This is the game JohnnyUtah and I have been working on.

BBS Signature
KaDoYuu
KaDoYuu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Animator
Response to Feeds Up, Publishing Down! Feb. 10th, 2013 @ 03:53 PM Reply

At 2/10/13 10:03 AM, TomFulp wrote: I use the "Latest" link in the dropdowns... Does anyone here use "Greatest" and "Popular" in the dropdowns?

I usually just go to the Classic Portal. I was pleasantly surprised to see that that option was left there after the last redesign.

KaDoYuu
KaDoYuu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Animator
Response to Feeds Up, Publishing Down! Feb. 10th, 2013 @ 03:55 PM Reply

At 2/10/13 03:53 PM, KaDoYuu wrote:
At 2/10/13 10:03 AM, TomFulp wrote: I use the "Latest" link in the dropdowns... Does anyone here use "Greatest" and "Popular" in the dropdowns?
I usually just go to the Classic Portal. I was pleasantly surprised to see that that option was left there after the last redesign.

Pardon the double-post, but no. I've used 'Latest' maybe once, and 'Popular' even less..

SourJovis
SourJovis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Feeds Up, Publishing Down! Feb. 26th, 2013 @ 11:02 AM Reply

No under judgement games and movies. Publishing busted again?

BBS Signature
SourJovis
SourJovis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Feeds Up, Publishing Down! Feb. 26th, 2013 @ 02:24 PM Reply

fixed

ps sorry for the double post.

BBS Signature