New Topic Respond to this Topic
DM692
DM692
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Audiophile
Response to South Park isn't "Smart" 2013-02-01 01:36:50 Reply

I like the show, but unfortunately the last ~6 seasons have shown a marked decrease in intelligent plotlines.

BBS Signature
JBK
JBK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Gamer
Response to South Park isn't "Smart" 2013-02-01 05:28:05 Reply

At 2/1/13 01:36 AM, DM692 wrote: I like the show, but unfortunately the last ~6 seasons have shown a marked decrease in intelligent plotlines.

A far cry from Cartman Get's An Anal Probe. What happened?

"Even though you hate gays, believe in god, and dislike my posts, I still think you're cool"-FurryFox
"TarahlovesJBKscawk"-Tarah, "Those pants are just adorable"-Gagsy
Last.fm

BBS Signature
Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 50
Writer
Response to South Park isn't "Smart" 2013-02-01 05:39:32 Reply

At 1/31/13 09:30 PM, DickChick wrote: getwhatimsayin?

Yeah

do you?

Yes

Do like the show though. It's not just the crazy plots but the creative animation style, it's one of a kind.

Dry-Ice
Dry-Ice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to South Park isn't "Smart" 2013-02-01 05:52:28 Reply

At 1/31/13 09:34 PM, DickChick wrote: I "get" the show, but it's not pure genius

So like, you start by saying "I don't get why people call it smart" and proceed to sum it up as jew jokes and fart jokes, then you move your criticism to "it's not pure genius".

What exactly do you want from the show? It's been on air for years and you can tell the creators are struggling to come up with original content for it.

Also, the show isn't 100% topical. There are a lot of episodes which aren't topic at all and revolve entirely around the created universe of the town itself. 'The List' is a prime example of this.

If you learned how the show was made you'd see that it's effectively just Matt Stone and Trey Parker spitballing ideas with the other writers until they manage to form an episode from sitting around a table making each other laugh.

The show has a lot more depth than you give it credit for. I know it's easy to snipe a show because of immature jokes and racism, but if you're gonna keep moving the goal posts and redefining your issues whenever someone challenges them you shouldn't really be allowed to state your opinion in the first place...

BBS Mod, PM me if you have something to report.

BBS Signature
TheColourAwesome
TheColourAwesome
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to South Park isn't "Smart" 2013-02-01 06:08:20 Reply

At 1/31/13 09:34 PM, DickChick wrote:
At 1/31/13 09:32 PM, Slint wrote: It is smart, you're probably just not smart enough to get it.
yay they know what satire is

And apparently you don't.

BBS Signature
captainlolz
captainlolz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Movie Buff
Response to South Park isn't "Smart" 2013-02-01 06:08:25 Reply

south park make observations about current events,a fat stay at home soccer mom can do that,and normally does.

if it is a gigantic horrible typo mah bad

Tobi
Tobi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to South Park isn't "Smart" 2013-02-01 06:22:11 Reply

At 1/31/13 10:00 PM, the-goatman wrote: I miss some of the older episodes where shit just happened and it was inexplicable but still damn funny.

As far as I know, South Park was always like this, a mixture of surreal moments and commentary. That's what makes it the show it is.

BBS Signature
Stereocrisis
Stereocrisis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to South Park isn't "Smart" 2013-02-01 06:49:44 Reply

Worrying about what other people think about a fucking cartoon must be like, the whitest and most childish problem I've ever heard. Seriously, like a rich snobbish girl complaining about sale prices at the checkout line. Or a kid who couldn't have a piece of candy and throws a fit.

Kid, you have it made. So this bitching for the sake of bitching is pissing me off.

Now go watch your cartoons and shut the fuck up.

JBK
JBK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Gamer
Response to South Park isn't "Smart" 2013-02-01 07:09:38 Reply

At 2/1/13 06:49 AM, Stereocrisis wrote: Worrying about what other people think about a fucking cartoon must be like, the whitest and most childish problem I've ever heard.

IKR fuckn white people.

"Even though you hate gays, believe in god, and dislike my posts, I still think you're cool"-FurryFox
Last.fm

BBS Signature
Stereocrisis
Stereocrisis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to South Park isn't "Smart" 2013-02-01 07:18:13 Reply

At 2/1/13 07:09 AM, JBK wrote:
At 2/1/13 06:49 AM, Stereocrisis wrote: Worrying about what other people think about a fucking cartoon must be like, the whitest and most childish problem I've ever heard.
IKR fuckn white people.

Well, I mean I'm white, but seriously. Has there ever been a group of more ungrateful bastards? This kid probably has a flat screen TV, cable, Netflix, the internet, a computer, a cell phone, an Xbox, and a bunch of other really cool expensive shit that he didn't even have to fucking earn. So why is he bitching? Because of a cartoon. No, because of what strangers THINK about a cartoon he likes to watch from the warmth and comfort of his home.

This kid needs to live in a cardboard box for a month and reevaluate his petty issues.

JBK
JBK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Gamer
Response to South Park isn't "Smart" 2013-02-01 07:26:36 Reply

At 2/1/13 07:18 AM, Stereocrisis wrote:
IKR fuckn white people.
Well, I mean I'm white, but seriously. Has there ever been a group of more ungrateful bastards? This kid probably has a flat

Hey we can be poor and ungrateful at the same time. Not getting everything you want doesn't make you a better person in any way except maybe in movies.

Last.fm

BBS Signature
Stereocrisis
Stereocrisis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to South Park isn't "Smart" 2013-02-01 08:12:55 Reply

At 2/1/13 07:26 AM, JBK wrote:
At 2/1/13 07:18 AM, Stereocrisis wrote:
IKR fuckn white people.
Well, I mean I'm white, but seriously. Has there ever been a group of more ungrateful bastards? This kid probably has a flat
Hey we can be poor and ungrateful at the same time. Not getting everything you want doesn't make you a better person in any way except maybe in movies.

Well, my point anyway is that he is really sweating the small stuff. But, then again come to think of it, so am I. I'm just complaining about something stupid and that's all he was really doing. See, that's the main flaw in calling people on their shit. 9 out of 10 times it's a hypocrisy.

FattyWhale
FattyWhale
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Melancholy
Response to South Park isn't "Smart" 2013-02-01 09:01:32 Reply

It's called a discussion. This is an internet forum.

[1] [2] [3] [4] [5]
:3

BBS Signature
Archonic
Archonic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Melancholy
Response to South Park isn't "Smart" 2013-02-01 09:11:30 Reply

South Park isn't "smart" at all, it's actually extremely simple. But maybe that's part of the reason why it's so hilarious all the time. It's just so politically incorrect it's almost not even funny, lol.

satanbrain is always wrong
EGB || Bat Crew || Sig by EmmaVolt

BBS Signature
Stereocrisis
Stereocrisis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to South Park isn't "Smart" 2013-02-01 09:13:07 Reply

At 2/1/13 09:01 AM, FattyWhale wrote:
It's called a discussion. This is an internet forum.

So what you're saying is that this is an internet forum and this is a discussion?

I'm so lost right now.

Slint
Slint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Audiophile
Response to South Park isn't "Smart" 2013-02-01 09:32:34 Reply

Sadly their losing their golden touch. Remember that last one halloween episode with Randy and the video store? That shit was terrible.

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.
You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.
ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature
DickChick
DickChick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to South Park isn't "Smart" 2013-02-01 10:34:26 Reply

At 2/1/13 07:18 AM, Stereocrisis wrote: This kid needs to live in a cardboard box for a month and reevaluate his petty issues.

"People with material possessions aren't allowed to criticize anything."

Do you seriously think that I stay up late at night worrying that someone might think that South Park is smart? Do you really think that I don't have bigger problems?

I just wanted to express my opinion on a tv show, nothing more. The fact that you're getting mad about it is fucking pathetic.

Just a chick with a dick.

Mismo
Mismo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to South Park isn't "Smart" 2013-02-01 10:37:48 Reply

I wouldn't say South Park is incredibly smart, but rather that they are very honest when the satire something. They're not saying they have any solution to problem, to just highlight the problems in such a way that it is made funny in a satirically sense to raise awareness.

Again that is not being "smart", that is being "honest".

#AMAFORSEXSLAVE2014

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to South Park isn't "Smart" 2013-02-01 10:52:40 Reply

Anybody who doesn't think south Park is particularly smart doesn't understand satire.

Anybody who criticizes a TV show is a spoiled, overprivileged child.

Okay, got it, guys.

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature