00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

sereneFalconer just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Why Is Gta V Automatically Goty

2,833 Views | 35 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Why Is Gta V Automatically Goty 2013-01-31 21:10:12

Seriously... Look at all the other games! God of War Ascension, Metal Gear Rising Re-vengeance, Tomb Raider reboot, WATCH DOGS, Star Wars 1313, Beyond Two Souls, The Last of Us, Crysis 3, Devil may Cry reboot, Bioshock Infinite, AND SO MUCH MORE!
Grand Theft Auto is a repetitive and boring promotion of violence and bad behavior in society, and it single handed-Ly makes whole game industry look bad. Aside from that, I need to make my main point.

How much of GTA V have we seen exactly? Two trailers? And people call it game of the year? It's fan-boy-ism. But who the fuck has the nerve to call themselves a fan of a game that promotes mindless chaos and violence and crime?

Response to Why Is Gta V Automatically Goty 2013-01-31 21:13:15

At 1/31/13 09:10 PM, beakerboy wrote: Grand Theft Auto is a repetitive and boring promotion of violence and bad behavior in society, and it single handed-Ly makes whole game industry look bad

I stopped taking you seriously right there

Your post would have been 400% better without that pathetically unintelligent comment

Just a chick with a dick.

Response to Why Is Gta V Automatically Goty 2013-01-31 22:10:39

At 1/31/13 09:13 PM, DickChick wrote:
I stopped taking you seriously right there

Your post would have been 400% better without that pathetically unintelligent comment

I second DickChick on this one.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Why Is Gta V Automatically Goty 2013-01-31 22:21:53

At 1/31/13 09:10 PM, beakerboy wrote: How much of GTA V have we seen exactly? Two trailers? And people call it game of the year? It's fan-boy-ism.

You do know that opinions can change within the next 11 months or so, right? As of now, it's an early favorite for GOTY, partly due to the fact that most of the GTA games were excellent, and a developer like Rockstar is constantly raising the bar with the GTA franchise with each sequel, so naturally, the hype is going to be there and we'll wait and see if it delivers.

It's no different than predicting the weather or what sports team will win a championship, there is a time frame between when it's out, and the end of the year.

But who the fuck has the nerve to call themselves a fan of a game that promotes mindless chaos and violence and crime?

Unless you're being sarcastic, then this is not the place to act like a butthurt soccermom. I'm fairly sure that Rockstar explicitly told gamers right off the bat, that they don't support, condone or endorse behavior in those games, it can't really be any more crystal clear than that. Grow some balls and play the game, or leave it alone and shut up, simple.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Why Is Gta V Automatically Goty 2013-01-31 22:40:02

You're talking about Most Anticipated, right?

That Scout is a Soldier!

BBS Signature

Response to Why Is Gta V Automatically Goty 2013-01-31 23:00:40

At 1/31/13 09:10 PM, beakerboy wrote: Devil may Cry reboot,

Anddddddddddd you lost me.

But seriously, why does it matter to you if other want to call it the GOTY. Stop bitching.

You should totally add me on one of my various game accounts:

360 - Malachi117. Steam - Malachi117. PS3/PS4 - NarcolepticCat.

Response to Why Is Gta V Automatically Goty 2013-02-01 08:01:20

Sure it's a lot of hype, but those trailers make the game seem like a movie. The one thing the GTA series has always had that the competition didn't was great plot and voice acting. Even if the game won't be graphically superior, I'm sure it'll be as captivating as ever. So far they haven't let down. Also, the promises on the biggest map in the series so far for this one game is a big promise, I'm looking forward to seeing how it'll compare to SA.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Why Is Gta V Automatically Goty 2013-02-01 08:15:13

Could have sworn this is something supergandhi64 would have wrote.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to Why Is Gta V Automatically Goty 2013-02-01 08:50:57

At 1/31/13 09:10 PM, beakerboy wrote: How much of GTA V have we seen exactly? Two trailers? And people call it game of the year? It's fan-boy-ism. But who the fuck has the nerve to call themselves a fan of a game that promotes mindless chaos and violence and crime?

That is funny actually, because you have mentioned the last of us, which was supposed to be a great game and very anticipated before we even see a second (cinematic) trailer of it. Why we believe they both are going to be great games? In Rockstar/Naughty Dog we trust!Rockstar has never disappointed the fans with its releases.
Also the 2 trailers and the images available to the public have revealed us really good features of the game and how great the graphics are. Go and read the Official GTA V thread here in NG and you will see what exactly we are excited for.

Bitte meine beliebte Nazi mods, keine bannerino, weil ich auch ein Nazi Scwein bin! Danke schön

BBS Signature

Response to Why Is Gta V Automatically Goty 2013-02-01 13:40:35

A good chunk of video games promote violence. Maybe not on the level that GTA V does but it still is something that's always going to be around as long as gaming exists.

Because I know only stupid people increase the birth rate

I'm just about dumb enough to hold up a sperm bank

Response to Why Is Gta V Automatically Goty 2013-02-01 13:51:03

At 1/31/13 09:10 PM, beakerboy wrote: WATCH DOGS

I'm more interested in this than GTA V, I'll tell you that.

Devil may Cry reboot

doesn't look too good to me. Plus, they turned Dante into a a little emo gooch licker.

At 1/31/13 09:10 PM, beakerboy wrote: But who the fuck has the nerve to call themselves a fan of a game that promotes mindless chaos and violence and crime?

lol what?

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Why Is Gta V Automatically Goty 2013-02-01 14:52:02

It isn't like if a person sees violence in a game they are going to grow up to kill puppies and shit. If anything, taking out your stress in video games would help reduce any chance of that happening.

Either way, the Grand Theft Auto series has been successful so far, and I think that V will be just as good, if not better than the older versions. I look forward to it.

[Report Rule-Breaking Portal Submissions] - [Game & Movie Portal Moderator]

Response to Why Is Gta V Automatically Goty 2013-02-01 15:07:26

Okay, your generalizations on Grand Theft Auto as a promotion of violence and yet you bring up God of War.

I will concede though that you do make a good point of a lot of reviewers and sites jumping on a bandwagon of rating a video game as Game of the Year, WAY too early. Other games that were named Game of the Year upon their trailers or two days to one week of being released are The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and Mass Effect 3.

Response to Why Is Gta V Automatically Goty 2013-02-01 16:25:15

At 2/1/13 03:25 PM, HikarutheHedgehog wrote: Anyone who thinks video games cause real-life violence is a fucking moron. If anything, real-life crime has actually decreased ever since violent video games got popular.

Games do not cause real life violence.
GRAND THEFT AUTO causes real life violence.

Someone else said that it was hypocritical of me not to bring up God of War as a promotion of violence since I stuck it to GTA. But the thing is... GTA is realistic. God of war is fantasy. Some teenagers play GTA and then try to stab policemen in real life. And regardless of what Rock-star says, they know what they are doing.
When I played GTA IV, the first thing I did was beat a young babe to death with weapons I unlocked using cheats.

Response to Why Is Gta V Automatically Goty 2013-02-01 17:21:45

Oh no I stabbed a hooker in GTA and now I want to do it in real life

Just a chick with a dick.

Response to Why Is Gta V Automatically Goty 2013-02-01 18:25:27

At 2/1/13 04:25 PM, beakerboy wrote: Games do not cause real life violence.

Alright, you're fucking with us. You have to be.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Why Is Gta V Automatically Goty 2013-02-02 00:20:55

That is funny actually, because you have mentioned the last of us, which was supposed to be a great game and very anticipated before we even see a second (cinematic) trailer of it. Why we believe they both are going to be great games? In Rockstar/Naughty Dog we trust!Rockstar has never disappointed the fans with its releases.

Bully?

Response to Why Is Gta V Automatically Goty 2013-02-02 02:41:00

I take your point, I don't like to judge a game by it's trailers; but a vast majority of people do. GOTY isn't about what's impressive at least to the big companies, it's about what's most popular, and if you hype anything up enough it will be popular.

Response to Why Is Gta V Automatically Goty 2013-02-02 05:03:54

As with any other game that has been accused of causing people to commit violent acts in real life, I can bet that you don't have any proof what so ever to back up your claim.

Because in fact, did you know there is no case whereas playing a violent video game was the influencing cause of violent criminal acts.

You're just pulling this out of your ass because you don't like a game series and get upset because reviewers are calling it GOTY before it's release.

BBS Signature

Response to Why Is Gta V Automatically Goty 2013-02-02 12:10:18

At 2/2/13 05:03 AM, Mismo wrote:
As with any other game that has been accused of causing people to commit violent acts in real life, I can bet that you don't have any proof what so ever to back up your claim.

Because in fact, did you know there is no case whereas playing a violent video game was the influencing cause of violent criminal acts.

You're just pulling this out of your ass because you don't like a game series and get upset because reviewers are calling it GOTY before it's release.

http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/teen-gamer-stabs-taxi-
driver-t9795.html

http://www.brazildispatch.com/2012/04/boy-stabs-grandmother-
dead-over-gta.html

there were other incidents but those were the only ones I saw on the first page of Google search

Response to Why Is Gta V Automatically Goty 2013-02-02 12:29:00

At 2/2/13 12:10 PM, beakerboy wrote: http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/teen-gamer-stabs-taxi-
driver-t9795.html
http://www.brazildispatch.com/2012/04/boy-stabs-grandmother-
dead-over-gta.html

there were other incidents but those were the only ones I saw on the first page of Google search

Yeah I usually don't get my facts from dodgey "news site" if you could even call them that. Also the fact that you didn't bother to look more into the matter and just picked the first best thing you could find by searching on google.

Besides, why would would GTA be the exception that proves the rule when it comes to claim of "violent video game causes violence"?

BBS Signature

Response to Why Is Gta V Automatically Goty 2013-02-02 12:31:50

Out of the millions of people who've played GTA, how many of them have then gone onto murder someone in real life? It's not GTA's fault - if you kill someone because you're repeating what you've seen on GTA, you've obviously got some sort of pre-existing mental problem.

god

BBS Signature

Response to Why Is Gta V Automatically Goty 2013-02-02 17:39:43

It's certainly the most anticipated game of the year. People have been looking forward to this title and thanks to the 4 month delay, people will be more anticipated.

Game of the Year? It's not out yet so making these claims are pretty premature, does anyone remember how well GTAIV turned out and how much people LOVED getting calls from their annoying cousin. Remember how clunky those cars felt and so little things you were able to do? Remember how fucking bland that title was altogether?

GTAV really needs to impress if it wants to have that title proudly placed on its cover. Just sayin.

Response to Why Is Gta V Automatically Goty 2013-02-02 18:41:19

I don't give to living fucks about any game this year. I'm waiting for a good Spyro and Crash game to come out again!

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Why Is Gta V Automatically Goty 2013-02-02 20:11:23

I'm pissed that GTA V got pushed back to September, FUCK Rockstar for that

Are you not Entertained ?!?

BBS Signature

Response to Why Is Gta V Automatically Goty 2013-02-02 20:55:29

At 2/2/13 06:39 PM, HikarutheHedgehog wrote:
At 2/2/13 05:39 PM, MentalMyles wrote: does anyone remember how well GTAIV turned out
Fuck off, that was a fantastic game.

No it wasn't :P
Sleeping Dogs is so much better

Response to Why Is Gta V Automatically Goty 2013-02-02 22:07:25

At 2/2/13 06:39 PM, HikarutheHedgehog wrote:
At 2/2/13 05:39 PM, MentalMyles wrote: does anyone remember how well GTAIV turned out
Fuck off, that was a fantastic game.

that game was a fucking chore. a complete fucking chore. The plot was forgetful, the controls felt sluggish and when you were running around in this sandbox world, there was simply fuck all to do. It was pretty much GTA 3 with shitty controls and better graphics. Nothing more.

Response to Why Is Gta V Automatically Goty 2013-02-02 22:21:42

At 2/2/13 10:07 PM, MentalMyles wrote:
that game was a fucking chore. a complete fucking chore. The plot was forgetful, the controls felt sluggish and when you were running around in this sandbox world, there was simply fuck all to do. It was pretty much GTA 3 with shitty controls and better graphics. Nothing more.

Flawless criticism !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Response to Why Is Gta V Automatically Goty 2013-02-02 22:26:27

At 2/2/13 06:41 PM, darkjam wrote: I don't give to living fucks about any game this year. I'm waiting for a good Spyro and Crash game to come out again!

Then why are you commenting on a GTA thread then? It seems like every thread that talks about AAA games somehow gets derailed like this, this is starting to get annoying now. If you're waiting for a new Spryo/Crash game, then don't hold your breath, because I know that's not going to happen.

Let's try and stay on topic, which is about GTA V, please.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Why Is Gta V Automatically Goty 2013-02-02 22:51:48

At 2/2/13 10:26 PM, orangebomb wrote:
Let's try and stay on topic, which is about GTA V, please.

Yes, because you talked so much about GTA V in your post yes?

Staying on topic doesn't matter in this thread because the OP's original post is completely ignorant, moronic statements.

You should totally add me on one of my various game accounts:

360 - Malachi117. Steam - Malachi117. PS3/PS4 - NarcolepticCat.