Be a Supporter!

Why Is Gta V Automatically Goty

  • 1,123 Views
  • 42 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
beakerboy
beakerboy
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Melancholy
Why Is Gta V Automatically Goty Jan. 31st, 2013 @ 09:10 PM Reply

Seriously... Look at all the other games! God of War Ascension, Metal Gear Rising Re-vengeance, Tomb Raider reboot, WATCH DOGS, Star Wars 1313, Beyond Two Souls, The Last of Us, Crysis 3, Devil may Cry reboot, Bioshock Infinite, AND SO MUCH MORE!
Grand Theft Auto is a repetitive and boring promotion of violence and bad behavior in society, and it single handed-Ly makes whole game industry look bad. Aside from that, I need to make my main point.

How much of GTA V have we seen exactly? Two trailers? And people call it game of the year? It's fan-boy-ism. But who the fuck has the nerve to call themselves a fan of a game that promotes mindless chaos and violence and crime?


I have a strong personality, so bite me.

DickChick
DickChick
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Why Is Gta V Automatically Goty Jan. 31st, 2013 @ 09:13 PM Reply

At 1/31/13 09:10 PM, beakerboy wrote: Grand Theft Auto is a repetitive and boring promotion of violence and bad behavior in society, and it single handed-Ly makes whole game industry look bad

I stopped taking you seriously right there

Your post would have been 400% better without that pathetically unintelligent comment


Just a chick with a dick.

Atlas
Atlas
  • Member since: Nov. 14, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Musician
Response to Why Is Gta V Automatically Goty Jan. 31st, 2013 @ 10:10 PM Reply

At 1/31/13 09:13 PM, DickChick wrote:
I stopped taking you seriously right there

Your post would have been 400% better without that pathetically unintelligent comment

I second DickChick on this one.


Steam | Letterboxd | AllPoetry | Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature
orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Member since: Mar. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Gamer
Response to Why Is Gta V Automatically Goty Jan. 31st, 2013 @ 10:21 PM Reply

At 1/31/13 09:10 PM, beakerboy wrote: How much of GTA V have we seen exactly? Two trailers? And people call it game of the year? It's fan-boy-ism.

You do know that opinions can change within the next 11 months or so, right? As of now, it's an early favorite for GOTY, partly due to the fact that most of the GTA games were excellent, and a developer like Rockstar is constantly raising the bar with the GTA franchise with each sequel, so naturally, the hype is going to be there and we'll wait and see if it delivers.

It's no different than predicting the weather or what sports team will win a championship, there is a time frame between when it's out, and the end of the year.

But who the fuck has the nerve to call themselves a fan of a game that promotes mindless chaos and violence and crime?

Unless you're being sarcastic, then this is not the place to act like a butthurt soccermom. I'm fairly sure that Rockstar explicitly told gamers right off the bat, that they don't support, condone or endorse behavior in those games, it can't really be any more crystal clear than that. Grow some balls and play the game, or leave it alone and shut up, simple.


Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
scoutthesoldier
scoutthesoldier
  • Member since: Jul. 25, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Why Is Gta V Automatically Goty Jan. 31st, 2013 @ 10:40 PM Reply

You're talking about Most Anticipated, right?


That Scout is a Soldier!

BBS Signature
malachi117
malachi117
  • Member since: May. 14, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Why Is Gta V Automatically Goty Jan. 31st, 2013 @ 11:00 PM Reply

At 1/31/13 09:10 PM, beakerboy wrote: Devil may Cry reboot,

Anddddddddddd you lost me.

But seriously, why does it matter to you if other want to call it the GOTY. Stop bitching.


You should totally add me on one of my various game accounts:
360 - Malachi117. Steam - Malachi117. PS3/PS4 - NarcolepticCat.

Hikky-Dikky
Hikky-Dikky
  • Member since: Dec. 28, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Gamer
Response to Why Is Gta V Automatically Goty Jan. 31st, 2013 @ 11:10 PM Reply

Beakerboy confirmed for moralfag.

Cootie
Cootie
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Why Is Gta V Automatically Goty Feb. 1st, 2013 @ 02:56 AM Reply

Regardless I call that GTA V will get better reviews than all of the other games that you mentioned. The only thing I worry about is them being released so close to the end of these consoles life cycles.


For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Member since: Jan. 17, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 50
Writer
Response to Why Is Gta V Automatically Goty Feb. 1st, 2013 @ 08:01 AM Reply

Sure it's a lot of hype, but those trailers make the game seem like a movie. The one thing the GTA series has always had that the competition didn't was great plot and voice acting. Even if the game won't be graphically superior, I'm sure it'll be as captivating as ever. So far they haven't let down. Also, the promises on the biggest map in the series so far for this one game is a big promise, I'm looking forward to seeing how it'll compare to SA.

Mismo
Mismo
  • Member since: Aug. 10, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Musician
Response to Why Is Gta V Automatically Goty Feb. 1st, 2013 @ 08:15 AM Reply

Could have sworn this is something supergandhi64 would have wrote.


#AMAFORSEXSLAVE2014

BBS Signature
SubparTony
SubparTony
  • Member since: Mar. 30, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Why Is Gta V Automatically Goty Feb. 1st, 2013 @ 08:50 AM Reply

At 1/31/13 09:10 PM, beakerboy wrote: How much of GTA V have we seen exactly? Two trailers? And people call it game of the year? It's fan-boy-ism. But who the fuck has the nerve to call themselves a fan of a game that promotes mindless chaos and violence and crime?

That is funny actually, because you have mentioned the last of us, which was supposed to be a great game and very anticipated before we even see a second (cinematic) trailer of it. Why we believe they both are going to be great games? In Rockstar/Naughty Dog we trust!Rockstar has never disappointed the fans with its releases.
Also the 2 trailers and the images available to the public have revealed us really good features of the game and how great the graphics are. Go and read the Official GTA V thread here in NG and you will see what exactly we are excited for.


"I felt like an avenging angel, what I looked like was a fat bald guy with a bad temper." - Max Payne
Dean is a winner Also, stop whining for the chat and go check this out ▾▾

Shade
Shade
  • Member since: Mar. 26, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Voice Actor
Response to Why Is Gta V Automatically Goty Feb. 1st, 2013 @ 10:20 AM Reply

At 2/1/13 08:15 AM, Mismo wrote: Could have sworn this is something supergandhi64 would have wrote.

I smell a possible alt/parody account.

Convey
Convey
  • Member since: Jul. 14, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Audiophile
Response to Why Is Gta V Automatically Goty Feb. 1st, 2013 @ 01:40 PM Reply

A good chunk of video games promote violence. Maybe not on the level that GTA V does but it still is something that's always going to be around as long as gaming exists.


Because I know only stupid people increase the birth rate
I'm just about dumb enough to hold up a sperm bank

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Member since: May. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to Why Is Gta V Automatically Goty Feb. 1st, 2013 @ 01:51 PM Reply

At 1/31/13 09:10 PM, beakerboy wrote: WATCH DOGS

I'm more interested in this than GTA V, I'll tell you that.

Devil may Cry reboot

doesn't look too good to me. Plus, they turned Dante into a a little emo gooch licker.

At 1/31/13 09:10 PM, beakerboy wrote: But who the fuck has the nerve to call themselves a fan of a game that promotes mindless chaos and violence and crime?

lol what?


one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell
sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
Sectus
Sectus
  • Member since: Feb. 15, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 26
Artist
Response to Why Is Gta V Automatically Goty Feb. 1st, 2013 @ 02:52 PM Reply

It isn't like if a person sees violence in a game they are going to grow up to kill puppies and shit. If anything, taking out your stress in video games would help reduce any chance of that happening.

Either way, the Grand Theft Auto series has been successful so far, and I think that V will be just as good, if not better than the older versions. I look forward to it.

The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Member since: Sep. 2, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Writer
Response to Why Is Gta V Automatically Goty Feb. 1st, 2013 @ 03:07 PM Reply

Okay, your generalizations on Grand Theft Auto as a promotion of violence and yet you bring up God of War.

I will concede though that you do make a good point of a lot of reviewers and sites jumping on a bandwagon of rating a video game as Game of the Year, WAY too early. Other games that were named Game of the Year upon their trailers or two days to one week of being released are The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and Mass Effect 3.


| The Interviewer | Review Terms 3.0 | [This Space For Rent ] | Club Stoic |

BBS Signature
Hikky-Dikky
Hikky-Dikky
  • Member since: Dec. 28, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Gamer
Response to Why Is Gta V Automatically Goty Feb. 1st, 2013 @ 03:25 PM Reply

Anyone who thinks video games cause real-life violence is a fucking moron. If anything, real-life crime has actually decreased ever since violent video games got popular.

beakerboy
beakerboy
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Melancholy
Response to Why Is Gta V Automatically Goty Feb. 1st, 2013 @ 04:25 PM Reply

At 2/1/13 03:25 PM, HikarutheHedgehog wrote: Anyone who thinks video games cause real-life violence is a fucking moron. If anything, real-life crime has actually decreased ever since violent video games got popular.

Games do not cause real life violence.
GRAND THEFT AUTO causes real life violence.

Someone else said that it was hypocritical of me not to bring up God of War as a promotion of violence since I stuck it to GTA. But the thing is... GTA is realistic. God of war is fantasy. Some teenagers play GTA and then try to stab policemen in real life. And regardless of what Rock-star says, they know what they are doing.
When I played GTA IV, the first thing I did was beat a young babe to death with weapons I unlocked using cheats.


I have a strong personality, so bite me.

DickChick
DickChick
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Why Is Gta V Automatically Goty Feb. 1st, 2013 @ 05:21 PM Reply

Oh no I stabbed a hooker in GTA and now I want to do it in real life


Just a chick with a dick.

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Member since: May. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to Why Is Gta V Automatically Goty Feb. 1st, 2013 @ 06:25 PM Reply

At 2/1/13 04:25 PM, beakerboy wrote: Games do not cause real life violence.
GRAND THEFT AUTO causes real life violence.

Alright, you're fucking with us. You have to be.


one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell
sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
Ceratisa
Ceratisa
  • Member since: Dec. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Why Is Gta V Automatically Goty Feb. 2nd, 2013 @ 12:20 AM Reply

That is funny actually, because you have mentioned the last of us, which was supposed to be a great game and very anticipated before we even see a second (cinematic) trailer of it. Why we believe they both are going to be great games? In Rockstar/Naughty Dog we trust!Rockstar has never disappointed the fans with its releases.

Bully?

unconsidered
unconsidered
  • Member since: Mar. 11, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Animator
Response to Why Is Gta V Automatically Goty Feb. 2nd, 2013 @ 02:41 AM Reply

I take your point, I don't like to judge a game by it's trailers; but a vast majority of people do. GOTY isn't about what's impressive at least to the big companies, it's about what's most popular, and if you hype anything up enough it will be popular.

Mismo
Mismo
  • Member since: Aug. 10, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Musician
Response to Why Is Gta V Automatically Goty Feb. 2nd, 2013 @ 05:03 AM Reply

At 2/1/13 04:25 PM, beakerboy wrote: Games do not cause real life violence.
GRAND THEFT AUTO causes real life violence.

As with any other game that has been accused of causing people to commit violent acts in real life, I can bet that you don't have any proof what so ever to back up your claim.

Because in fact, did you know there is no case whereas playing a violent video game was the influencing cause of violent criminal acts.

You're just pulling this out of your ass because you don't like a game series and get upset because reviewers are calling it GOTY before it's release.


#AMAFORSEXSLAVE2014

BBS Signature
beakerboy
beakerboy
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Melancholy
Response to Why Is Gta V Automatically Goty Feb. 2nd, 2013 @ 12:10 PM Reply

At 2/2/13 05:03 AM, Mismo wrote:
At 2/1/13 04:25 PM, beakerboy wrote: Games do not cause real life violence.
GRAND THEFT AUTO causes real life violence.
As with any other game that has been accused of causing people to commit violent acts in real life, I can bet that you don't have any proof what so ever to back up your claim.

Because in fact, did you know there is no case whereas playing a violent video game was the influencing cause of violent criminal acts.

You're just pulling this out of your ass because you don't like a game series and get upset because reviewers are calling it GOTY before it's release.

http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/teen-gamer-stabs-taxi-
driver-t9795.html

http://www.brazildispatch.com/2012/04/boy-stabs-grandmother-
dead-over-gta.html

there were other incidents but those were the only ones I saw on the first page of Google search


I have a strong personality, so bite me.

Mismo
Mismo
  • Member since: Aug. 10, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Musician
Response to Why Is Gta V Automatically Goty Feb. 2nd, 2013 @ 12:29 PM Reply

At 2/2/13 12:10 PM, beakerboy wrote: http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/teen-gamer-stabs-taxi-
driver-t9795.html
http://www.brazildispatch.com/2012/04/boy-stabs-grandmother-
dead-over-gta.html

there were other incidents but those were the only ones I saw on the first page of Google search

Yeah I usually don't get my facts from dodgey "news site" if you could even call them that. Also the fact that you didn't bother to look more into the matter and just picked the first best thing you could find by searching on google.

Besides, why would would GTA be the exception that proves the rule when it comes to claim of "violent video game causes violence"?


#AMAFORSEXSLAVE2014

BBS Signature
dogpup4
dogpup4
  • Member since: Feb. 21, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Gamer
Response to Why Is Gta V Automatically Goty Feb. 2nd, 2013 @ 12:31 PM Reply

Out of the millions of people who've played GTA, how many of them have then gone onto murder someone in real life? It's not GTA's fault - if you kill someone because you're repeating what you've seen on GTA, you've obviously got some sort of pre-existing mental problem.


DVD Collection and Game Collection
Steam: GallifreyanTimeDog
Really need to change this rubbish username.

BBS Signature
MentalMyles
MentalMyles
  • Member since: Apr. 26, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 18
Animator
Response to Why Is Gta V Automatically Goty Feb. 2nd, 2013 @ 05:39 PM Reply

It's certainly the most anticipated game of the year. People have been looking forward to this title and thanks to the 4 month delay, people will be more anticipated.

Game of the Year? It's not out yet so making these claims are pretty premature, does anyone remember how well GTAIV turned out and how much people LOVED getting calls from their annoying cousin. Remember how clunky those cars felt and so little things you were able to do? Remember how fucking bland that title was altogether?

GTAV really needs to impress if it wants to have that title proudly placed on its cover. Just sayin.


Yeah, I don't speak much...

BBS Signature
Hikky-Dikky
Hikky-Dikky
  • Member since: Dec. 28, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Gamer
Response to Why Is Gta V Automatically Goty Feb. 2nd, 2013 @ 06:39 PM Reply

At 2/2/13 05:39 PM, MentalMyles wrote: does anyone remember how well GTAIV turned out

Fuck off, that was a fantastic game.

darkjam
darkjam
  • Member since: Jul. 23, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Why Is Gta V Automatically Goty Feb. 2nd, 2013 @ 06:41 PM Reply

I don't give to living fucks about any game this year. I'm waiting for a good Spyro and Crash game to come out again!


It's hip to be square, but it's hipper to be torus! // You shall watch and you shall like. // #FREEAMA2014

BBS Signature
Hikky-Dikky
Hikky-Dikky
  • Member since: Dec. 28, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Gamer
Response to Why Is Gta V Automatically Goty Feb. 2nd, 2013 @ 06:43 PM Reply

At 2/2/13 06:41 PM, darkjam wrote: I'm waiting for a good Spyro and Crash game to come out again!

Yeah, that's not happening.