Be a Supporter!
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Good one china 2013-01-31 17:38:51 Reply

Do digital attacks count as attacks against a nation?

TAB "FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping "xenomit is well... xenomit" ~ General consensus

BBS Signature
HomicidialFrog
HomicidialFrog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Gamer
Response to Good one china 2013-01-31 17:43:42 Reply

You yanks should learn by the example of your parent nation, get 'em hooked on Opium and fuck them up.

You've got a fine pair of eyes.

Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to Good one china 2013-01-31 17:44:27 Reply

It probably won't be taken seriously by the government unless the attack was on federal systems or computers.

drpepp
drpepp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Good one china 2013-01-31 17:47:10 Reply

digitalism? since when is that something that important anyway? so long as it doesnt impact the dr. pepper industry ill be fine

BBS Signature
BloodCoveredWolf
BloodCoveredWolf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Gamer
Response to Good one china 2013-01-31 18:56:56 Reply

I don't think so

The Blood Of Lost Souls Stains My Blade

BBS Signature
Feoric
Feoric
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Good one china 2013-01-31 19:18:49 Reply

At 1/31/13 05:38 PM, Xenomit wrote: Do digital attacks count as attacks against a nation?

I would think it depends on who is attacking and what it is that they're attacking. Russian hackers have already used cyber warfare to cripple the IT infrastructure of a foreign country and has done similar shit to Georgia and South Ossetia. The problem is that the attacks on Estonia were made by private citizens with their own botnets. There was no evidence of government involvement whatsoever, much like this story about "China" hacking the NYT, when in reality it's just a bunch of bored teenagers.

CaptainQuartz
CaptainQuartz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Good one china 2013-01-31 21:53:23 Reply

At 1/31/13 07:18 PM, Feoric wrote:
At 1/31/13 05:38 PM, Xenomit wrote: Do digital attacks count as attacks against a nation?
I would think it depends on who is attacking and what it is that they're attacking. Russian hackers have already used cyber warfare to cripple the IT infrastructure of a foreign country and has done similar shit to Georgia and South Ossetia. The problem is that the attacks on Estonia were made by private citizens with their own botnets. There was no evidence of government involvement whatsoever, much like this story about "China" hacking the NYT, when in reality it's just a bunch of bored teenagers.

That is generally the case with Chinese hackers. People like Javaphile (who took over the White House website eons ago) - are just regular joes with a computer and a lot of time on their hands.

I've never grasped why this happens - but a fuck ton of those dudes get together, kill a bunch of time, and run any exploit they can find.

I remember hearing a rumor at one time that the Chinese Government would reward the citizens who commited cyber crimes against the United States.