Be a Supporter!

Your favorite languages?

  • 1,049 Views
  • 54 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
i-am-ghey
i-am-ghey
  • Member since: Mar. 14, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 42
Melancholy
Response to Your favorite languages? 2013-02-01 05:17:35 Reply

chinese (the official language that is spoken in mainland china)

i like the language because of its four basic tones, which are something that i cannot hope to master. if you use your imagination, it is as if people (who use putonghua) are singing just by saying sentences.


^Just another nonsensical forum post.^

dooseyboy
dooseyboy
  • Member since: Nov. 18, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Movie Buff
Response to Your favorite languages? 2013-02-01 05:19:54 Reply

german, japanese english and american.
i find american entertaining.
lol trunk of a car what even


BBS Signature
TheColourAwesome
TheColourAwesome
  • Member since: Dec. 30, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to Your favorite languages? 2013-02-01 05:20:06 Reply

French.


BBS Signature
Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Member since: Jan. 17, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 50
Writer
Response to Your favorite languages? 2013-02-01 05:40:03 Reply

Japanese
Swedish
English

OmegaChu
OmegaChu
  • Member since: Jan. 23, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Programmer
Response to Your favorite languages? 2013-02-01 06:41:47 Reply

At 1/31/13 10:50 PM, scoutthesoldier wrote: In fact, the world should only have one language so we can easily understand one another.

They tried that once, it was called Esperanto. They tried to make it easy for all people to learn, but it became extremely difficult. It had some type of slovakian text, germanic vocabulary and french or one of the romance languages sentence structure. It failed completely though.


Uhhhh.....I make games

Haggard
Haggard
  • Member since: Dec. 25, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 56
Writer
Response to Your favorite languages? 2013-02-01 11:06:49 Reply

At 2/1/13 04:46 AM, Pkmn2 wrote:
At 2/1/13 04:27 AM, Haggard wrote: How can you say a language is shit, if you can create words like "Fussballweltmeisterschaftsqualifikationsspiel" I bet Newgrounds adds a space to that... but it's really just ONE word and it means "football world cup qualification match"
Yeah, but the grammar is way too complicated. There's so much you have to pay attention, it's not even funny.

Oh come on. Declension isn't witchcraft, but follows very simple rules. :P
But I can see why it might be confusing for learners why you say "der Hund" but it's "das Haus des Hundes".

Also....
DonaudampfschifffahrtselektrizitÃf¤tshauptbetriebwerksbe amt engesellschaftsmanager!

Eat this.

*omnomnom*
But you can never use that anywhere. My example on the other hand... you can actually use it in real life. ;)


Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38 || Review Request Club || NG Logs || METAL-ABC (Last update: 04. March 2012)

robertsgr
robertsgr
  • Member since: Feb. 1, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Your favorite languages? 2013-02-01 12:53:51 Reply

Nobody loves Romanian language here? Romanian music is listened in Europe, and many people said is a musical language. I'm not saying this because my native language is Romanian! I like (and I know) Italian, French and English, I've studied German, but just a little, and I like also Spanish.

Pkmn2
Pkmn2
  • Member since: Jan. 4, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 37
Animator
Response to Your favorite languages? 2013-02-01 13:47:55 Reply

At 2/1/13 11:06 AM, Haggard wrote: But you can never use that anywhere. My example on the other hand... you can actually use it in real life. ;)

Mine's useable too, but noone would call his/her manager like that.

Declension isn't witchcraft...

I wish, it could burn in a hellfire.


Nintentrix. Presto Sprites! Retro Sights!

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Member since: Feb. 23, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to Your favorite languages? 2013-02-01 13:48:15 Reply

At 2/1/13 04:27 AM, Haggard wrote:
At 2/1/13 02:50 AM, Pkmn2 wrote: And guys, german is a shit language.
How can you say a language is shit, if you can create words like "Fussballweltmeisterschaftsqualifikationsspiel" I bet Newgrounds adds a space to that... but it's really just ONE word and it means "football world cup qualification match"

Lol. We like to strap words together too:
Kindercarnavalsoptochtvoorbereidingswerkzaamhedencomiteleden

English is my favourite language though. It's quite easy to learn and the grammar rules are relatively simple compared to the ones of other languages I've had to study. Plus they speak (basic) English in most civilized parts of the world nowadays which is convenient.

^Not implying I've mastered the language perfectly by the way^

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 10 August 2014)

BBS Signature
kcnh
kcnh
  • Member since: Mar. 27, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Your favorite languages? 2013-02-01 18:00:44 Reply

If you ain't Dutch, you ain't much.

So, Dutch is my favourite language.

OmegaChu
OmegaChu
  • Member since: Jan. 23, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Programmer
Response to Your favorite languages? 2013-02-01 18:04:57 Reply

At 2/1/13 06:00 PM, kcnh wrote: If you ain't Dutch, you ain't much.

So, Dutch is my favourite language.

Ahh dutch, the language of the Amish Mafia. :P


Uhhhh.....I make games

Comrade
Comrade
  • Member since: Oct. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Artist
Response to Your favorite languages? 2013-02-01 18:21:25 Reply

Probably Russian and Polish. They are two languages I really regret not learning intricately when I had the chance.

Nor
Nor
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Reader
Response to Your favorite languages? 2013-02-01 18:22:07 Reply

I speak fluent Spanish, English and now Japanese.


わたしのぺにす

BBS Signature
kiljoy96
kiljoy96
  • Member since: Jul. 2, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Musician
Response to Your favorite languages? 2013-02-01 19:14:21 Reply

Korean is a really, really good language. I'd like to learn it at some point, but I'm a bit too busy at the moment.
Other than that, I really like the French language. It just seems to flow so well when you speak it.


SteamID: Fetus

BBS Signature
drpepp
drpepp
  • Member since: Jan. 30, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Your favorite languages? 2013-02-01 19:20:55 Reply

i believe the American language is the best language in the world. After all, it was in this blessed land that the very first dr.pepper was made.


BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Artist
Response to Your favorite languages? 2013-02-01 19:22:55 Reply

English, because accents. So many accents. In fact as far as voice range is concerned it has the most range. Ah English.


I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
4Doctodragon
4Doctodragon
  • Member since: Feb. 5, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Your favorite languages? 2013-02-01 22:04:47 Reply

I like English because I speak it everyday. I'm pretty fluent with Spanish and like that aswell. Next would be Latin and Russian.


BBS Signature