Support NATA 2014

just being completely honest here..

  • 1,043 Views
  • 35 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Misanthrum
Misanthrum
  • Member since: Nov. 4, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Musician
just being completely honest here.. Jan. 29th, 2013 @ 03:16 PM Reply

i am anarchist. I pay no attention government / related media. not a people person, because so many lack peace from being brainwashed in how ridiculously important money is, which is the blame for most crime and greed. I am anarchist because I know that I personally wouldn't be the one to cause harm, and I don't care what the rest of my kind would do in this position. delete all political holds on us, and see what most of humanity's pure and natural form does.

questions? thoughts? spill em out.


rules aren't what keep me in abidance.

theburningliberal
theburningliberal
  • Member since: Jul. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to just being completely honest here.. Jan. 29th, 2013 @ 03:25 PM Reply

At 1/29/13 03:16 PM, DoxOfficial wrote: i am anarchist. I pay no attention government / related media.

I challenge your position as an anarchist. Even anarchists follow government action / mass media in an effort to see which rights they claim are being violated by the government, or whatever other evil they think they see. Someone like you, however, I would argue is an anarchist in name only. You cite it as your political philosophy because you are too apathetic to actually give a damn.

not a people person, because so many lack peace from being brainwashed in how ridiculously important money is

This is the society in which we live (and, should be pointed out, developed outside of the influence of government). Economic resources have always been and will likely continue to be very important, and the fact you have yet to realize that just shows how naive you currently are.

, which is the blame for most crime and greed.

Money is the root of all evil? Hmm... I think not. Aside from the fact that crime and greed are two entirely different concepts with different roots, analyses and solution, the two are not intrinsically linked. You can commit crime without being greedy and you can be greedy without committing a crime.

I am anarchist because I know that I personally wouldn't be the one to cause harm, and I don't care what the rest of my kind would do in this position.

If you don't care, then you don't know. If you don't know, how on earth can you possibly begin to plan your future?

delete all political holds on us, and see what most of humanity's pure and natural form does.

I would argue that, in many ways, society would continue to move forward. But to be honest, "deleting all political holds" is such a vague phrase that I have no idea what you mean by it. And depending on what you mean by it, there may be certain things that you wouldn't want to relinquish.

Just like I tell conservatives, take a moment to look at your own life and realize what government services you use before you start advocating the overthrow of the government.

Korriken
Korriken
  • Member since: Jun. 17, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Gamer
Response to just being completely honest here.. Jan. 29th, 2013 @ 03:26 PM Reply

At 1/29/13 03:16 PM, DoxOfficial wrote: delete all political holds on us, and see what most of humanity's pure and natural form does.

questions? thoughts? spill em out.

remove the government and a person who can get people to join him will form a new government and army and put you under his power. Government is a natural human thing. Anarchists. among many others forget yo factor in human nature. you can't have a human population without government any more than you can make a full grown feral wolf into a lap dog. it just doesn't work.


I'm not crazy, everyone else is.

Ceratisa
Ceratisa
  • Member since: Dec. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Gamer
Response to just being completely honest here.. Jan. 29th, 2013 @ 05:24 PM Reply

At 1/29/13 03:16 PM, DoxOfficial wrote: i am anarchist. I pay no attention government / related media. not a people person, because so many lack peace from being brainwashed in how ridiculously important money is, which is the blame for most crime and greed. I am anarchist because I know that I personally wouldn't be the one to cause harm, and I don't care what the rest of my kind would do in this position. delete all political holds on us, and see what most of humanity's pure and natural form does.

questions? thoughts? spill em out.

Yeah, fight the powah man, sitting at home on your parents computer with your neighbor's wi-fi. FIGHT THE POWAH!
We already know what people do without law, you wouldn't last.

Misanthrum
Misanthrum
  • Member since: Nov. 4, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Musician
Response to just being completely honest here.. Jan. 29th, 2013 @ 05:45 PM Reply

At 1/29/13 03:25 PM, theburningliberal wrote:

Even anarchists follow government action / mass media in an effort to see which rights they claim are being violated by the government, or whatever other evil they think they see. Someone like you, however, I would argue is an anarchist in name only. You cite it as your political philosophy because you are too apathetic to actually give a damn.


This is the society in which we live (and, should be pointed out, developed outside of the influence of government). Economic resources have always been and will likely continue to be very important, and the fact you have yet to realize that just shows how naive you currently are.

Money is the root of all evil? Hmm... I think not. Aside from the fact that crime and greed are two entirely different concepts with different roots, analyses and solution, the two are not intrinsically linked. You can commit crime without being greedy and you can be greedy without committing a crime.

:If you don't care, then you don't know. If you don't know, how on earth can you possibly begin to plan your future?

:I would argue that, in many ways, society would continue to move forward. But to be honest, "deleting all political holds" is such a vague phrase that I have no idea what you mean by it. And depending on what you mean by it, there may be certain things that you wouldn't want to relinquish.


Just like I tell conservatives, take a moment to look at your own life and realize what government services you use before you start advocating the overthrow of the government.

I obviously agree with everything you've said. don't get me wrong, i'm not unaware of how important everything is, I just don't give respect to much of it. I personally am not up to date with any of it, and never really will be. this post was meant to just say what I think regarding stupid politics :) tis why i titled "just being completely honest here".


rules aren't what keep me in abidance.

Misanthrum
Misanthrum
  • Member since: Nov. 4, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Musician
Response to just being completely honest here.. Jan. 29th, 2013 @ 05:49 PM Reply

^ that came out wrong..

At 1/29/13 05:24 PM, Ceratisa wrote: Yeah, fight the powah man, sitting at home on your parents computer with your neighbor's wi-fi. FIGHT THE POWAH!
We already know what people do without law, you wouldn't last.

if you have a problem with my views on politics, that's fine, but you didn't have to post trying to insult me. I am aware that we would not last without government. that's the idea..


rules aren't what keep me in abidance.

Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Member since: Jun. 22, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to just being completely honest here.. Jan. 29th, 2013 @ 06:37 PM Reply

At 1/29/13 03:16 PM, DoxOfficial wrote: delete all political holds on us, and see what most of humanity's pure and natural form does.

Reform political holds.

Iron-Hampster
Iron-Hampster
  • Member since: Aug. 27, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to just being completely honest here.. Jan. 29th, 2013 @ 07:59 PM Reply

every ideology is based on good intentions, but Anarchy is just as big of a mistake as Communism and Fascism. No laws don't stop people from breaking them but you need to be able to give everyone a right to a fair trial or else Vigilante justice will take innocent lives away. You need some police to keep watch so you can stop being stuck inside your house defending your property and actually go out to produce and make a living. You need laws in place to stop people from selling other people into slavery, and a court system to enforce liability so the threat of lawsuits will stop people from selling you food that was exposed to rat shit.

might want to just consider minimal government as a better alternative to no government.


ya hear about the guy who put his condom on backwards? He went.

BBS Signature
Ceratisa
Ceratisa
  • Member since: Dec. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Gamer
Response to just being completely honest here.. Jan. 29th, 2013 @ 08:41 PM Reply

At 1/29/13 05:49 PM, DoxOfficial wrote: ^ that came out wrong..

At 1/29/13 05:24 PM, Ceratisa wrote: Yeah, fight the powah man, sitting at home on your parents computer with your neighbor's wi-fi. FIGHT THE POWAH!
We already know what people do without law, you wouldn't last.
if you have a problem with my views on politics, that's fine, but you didn't have to post trying to insult me. I am aware that we would not last without government. that's the idea..

So would you also be in favor of sending every human to one area and blasting them with nukes? Same thing with less suffering.

Aletheia
Aletheia
  • Member since: Jan. 28, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to just being completely honest here.. Jan. 29th, 2013 @ 08:52 PM Reply

At 1/29/13 03:16 PM, DoxOfficial wrote: ... delete all political holds on us, and see what most of humanity's pure and natural form does.

And that, my friend, is why you don't want anarchy. Nature is cruel. Anarchy doesn't mean freedom; it means slavery to whoever has the bigger gun, since there's no law holding him back. Infrastructure is necessary. I assume you're an American. You owe a lot to constitutionalism, rule of law, and guaranteed civil liberties... which, I would point out, enable things like Newgrounds.

At 1/29/13 07:59 PM, Iron-Hampster wrote: might want to just consider minimal government as a better alternative to no government.

He makes a good point: limited government as opposed to no government. You may find a home among the libertarians and those who think government is a necessary evil.


Trouble rather the tiger in his lair than the sage among his books.
--Gordon R. Dickson, The Tactics of Mistake

Misanthrum
Misanthrum
  • Member since: Nov. 4, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Musician
Response to just being completely honest here.. Jan. 29th, 2013 @ 10:02 PM Reply

At 1/29/13 08:41 PM, Ceratisa wrote: So would you also be in favor of sending every human to one area and blasting them with nukes? Same thing with less suffering.

in all seriousness, if I had that chance, yes. but I will never reach a point where I would actually be able to do that, so I will forever remain harmless ;)

to clerify a little more - I respect everyone's perspective, which includes everything each of you has put here. I appreciate the replies and love hearing from you people. I would say that my political / philosophical views aren't of the norm, so I guess I would label myself an "Extremist" rather than anarchist, because I do obviously follow government in ways I have no control over.

and don't think fo a second that I wasn't expecting anyone to come in here and shun me for saying I lean more towards anarchy, because I basically expected EVERY person who came in here to disagree with me :|


rules aren't what keep me in abidance.

Ceratisa
Ceratisa
  • Member since: Dec. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Gamer
Response to just being completely honest here.. Jan. 30th, 2013 @ 02:37 AM Reply

At 1/29/13 10:02 PM, DoxOfficial wrote:
At 1/29/13 08:41 PM, Ceratisa wrote: So would you also be in favor of sending every human to one area and blasting them with nukes? Same thing with less suffering.
in all seriousness, if I had that chance, yes. but I will never reach a point where I would actually be able to do that, so I will forever remain harmless ;)

Then end it for yourself I guess? If humanity is that hopeless why keep going. No real point, just end it.

Earfetish
Earfetish
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Melancholy
Response to just being completely honest here.. Jan. 30th, 2013 @ 06:29 AM Reply

I think people have been convinced the government is more essential than it actually is. Communes, organisations and unions could still challenge 'the guy with the biggest gun', and 'the guy with the biggest gun' won't necessarily be able to impose servitude on everyone.

You spend all your life with these lizard people telling you they're necessary and all they do is use their bigger guns to force you into bondage and servitude, steal your money, give it to their friends and throw you on the battlefield. The government already is the guy with the biggest gun - it's essentially a Mafia protection-racket on the whole population. You can't even democratically decide who you want to hold the gun - elections are a sham, with the elite giving you a massive selection of two people from two well-established mafia to choose from during an election. Why would anyone believe the government is looking out for them? How could you say with confidence that your life would be any worse if there was no government in your particular country?

Earfetish
Earfetish
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Melancholy
Response to just being completely honest here.. Jan. 30th, 2013 @ 06:33 AM Reply

At 1/29/13 08:52 PM, Aletheia wrote: You owe a lot to constitutionalism, rule of law, and guaranteed civil liberties

You know just as well as I do that if the ruling classes wanted, you could get abducted in the street and sent to a black site in Shitholistan before getting tortured to death, for the crime of speaking your mind. And if the government didn't care about your fate, nobody else would.

Aletheia
Aletheia
  • Member since: Jan. 28, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to just being completely honest here.. Jan. 30th, 2013 @ 07:44 AM Reply

At 1/30/13 06:33 AM, Earfetish wrote: You know just as well as I do that if the ruling classes wanted, you could get abducted in the street and sent to a black site in Shitholistan before getting tortured to death, for the crime of speaking your mind. And if the government didn't care about your fate, nobody else would.

I speak my mind every day, and that doesn't happen. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but when it does, it's antithetical to the ideas of liberalism. That the government doesn't care about our fate is exactly why I believe in limited government: I don't expect or even want them to look after me. Just leave me alone and establish a few policies for stable trade. If there's anything I dislike, it's a nanny state.


Trouble rather the tiger in his lair than the sage among his books.
--Gordon R. Dickson, The Tactics of Mistake

Misanthrum
Misanthrum
  • Member since: Nov. 4, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Musician
Response to just being completely honest here.. Jan. 30th, 2013 @ 02:26 PM Reply

At 1/30/13 02:37 AM, Ceratisa wrote: Then end it for yourself I guess? If humanity is that hopeless why keep going. No real point, just end it.

i would if I didn't have my family and friends. don't joke about suicide my friend.


rules aren't what keep me in abidance.

Ceratisa
Ceratisa
  • Member since: Dec. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Gamer
Response to just being completely honest here.. Jan. 30th, 2013 @ 11:29 PM Reply

At 1/30/13 02:26 PM, DoxOfficial wrote:
At 1/30/13 02:37 AM, Ceratisa wrote: Then end it for yourself I guess? If humanity is that hopeless why keep going. No real point, just end it.
i would if I didn't have my family and friends. don't joke about suicide my friend.

I'm not joking, friend. If friends and family are something holding you back I guess humanity isn't as worthless as you claim, otherwise you wouldn't care.

Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Musician
Response to just being completely honest here.. Jan. 30th, 2013 @ 11:31 PM Reply

At 1/29/13 03:16 PM, DoxOfficial wrote: i am anarchist. I pay no attention government / related media. not a people person, because so many lack peace from being brainwashed in how ridiculously important money is, which is the blame for most crime and greed. I am anarchist because I know that I personally wouldn't be the one to cause harm, and I don't care what the rest of my kind would do in this position. delete all political holds on us, and see what most of humanity's pure and natural form does.

questions? thoughts? spill em out.

if you delete all political holds and see what humanity's pure form would be, you'd find out that in about 1000 years you'd have the exact same system as you have today.

seeing what humanity would do in its "purest form" is not a thought experiment. it's been done. it's called human history.


no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature
Earfetish
Earfetish
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Melancholy
Response to just being completely honest here.. Jan. 31st, 2013 @ 06:23 AM Reply

At 1/30/13 11:29 PM, Ceratisa wrote:
At 1/30/13 02:26 PM, DoxOfficial wrote:
At 1/30/13 02:37 AM, Ceratisa wrote: Then end it for yourself I guess? If humanity is that hopeless why keep going. No real point, just end it.
i would if I didn't have my family and friends. don't joke about suicide my friend.
I'm not joking, friend. If friends and family are something holding you back I guess humanity isn't as worthless as you claim, otherwise you wouldn't care.

What the Hell are you talking about? You're not 'joking' about telling him to commit suicide - ie, you're serious about it? You're seriously telling him to commit suicide? Take a long, hard look at yourself and question whether you actually want to say these things. Cos there's no excuse.

I speak my mind every day, and that doesn't happen. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but when it does, it's antithetical to the ideas of liberalism. That the government doesn't care about our fate is exactly why I believe in limited government: I don't expect or even want them to look after me. Just leave me alone and establish a few policies for stable trade. If there's anything I dislike, it's a nanny state.

I don't think the destruction of government would necessarily result in a lack of stable trade, but you are right that there are (a few) things the government appears necessary for, like ensuring there are no 'free riders' and that everyone pays for public services, or that corporate monopolies do not occur. I'm not entirely convinced that the government is actually required for this, however - I think if we got rid of them we might find there are other obvious ways to deal with these problems. Or we might even choose to reassemble a far more limited board of governors to help us out. I'm sure there would always be some form of 'government' even in an anarchy, such as leaders of community groups.

But yes, state oppression and other behaviours 'antithetical to the ideas of liberalism' occur far too regularly. I don't think we will ever get a fair deal from any government, the power is just too corrupting.

Ceratisa
Ceratisa
  • Member since: Dec. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Gamer
Response to just being completely honest here.. Jan. 31st, 2013 @ 10:09 AM Reply

At 1/31/13 06:23 AM, Earfetish wrote:
At 1/30/13 11:29 PM, Ceratisa wrote:
At 1/30/13 02:26 PM, DoxOfficial wrote:
At 1/30/13 02:37 AM, Ceratisa wrote: Then end it for yourself I guess? If humanity is that hopeless why keep going. No real point, just end it.
i would if I didn't have my family and friends. don't joke about suicide my friend.
I'm not joking, friend. If friends and family are something holding you back I guess humanity isn't as worthless as you claim, otherwise you wouldn't care.
What the Hell are you talking about? You're not 'joking' about telling him to commit suicide - ie, you're serious about it? You're seriously telling him to commit suicide? Take a long, hard look at yourself and question whether you actually want to say these things. Cos there's no excuse.

Are you suggesting that the following rape, murder, abuse, torture and more would be acceptable? IS that what you are suggesting, it would be okay for millions to be raped and abused, starve to death and beaten? Why the fuck is that acceptable to you. Take a long, hard look at yourself and question why that is okay, cos there's no excuse.

If humanity is worthless and life is worth even less to the OP then family wouldn't matter. If they are okay with them being raped, beaten, abused, starved, and tortured they wouldn't even use them as an excuse. Don't you dare ever fucking suggest that the value of human life is worthless, but friends and family in your life isn't.

We are all humans. So was the OP either lying out his ass about his stance? Or was he suggesting that we are unequal in our basic human rights. Because, like I said, we all have family and friends, but in this case it is fine if it happens to everyone, that is a good thing. But no his life has value if that wasn't the case. Maybe because it is taken out of his hands and not his responsibility it somehow makes it "okay."

Which one do you think it is. A land without laws, what do you think will happen until people form a new government again?

MultiCanimefan
MultiCanimefan
  • Member since: Dec. 19, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to just being completely honest here.. Feb. 1st, 2013 @ 12:09 AM Reply

Why do most people who identify as anarchists have no idea what it really is, which in turn make anarchists like myself look bad?

Ceratisa
Ceratisa
  • Member since: Dec. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Gamer
Response to just being completely honest here.. Feb. 1st, 2013 @ 12:31 AM Reply

At 2/1/13 12:09 AM, MultiCanimefan wrote: Why do most people who identify as anarchists have no idea what it really is, which in turn make anarchists like myself look bad?

2.
a person who seeks to overturn by violence all constituted forms and institutions of society and government, with no purpose of establishing any other system of order in the place of that destroyed.

Seem like real nice folk.

MultiCanimefan
MultiCanimefan
  • Member since: Dec. 19, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to just being completely honest here.. Feb. 1st, 2013 @ 12:42 AM Reply

At 2/1/13 12:31 AM, Ceratisa wrote:
At 2/1/13 12:09 AM, MultiCanimefan wrote: Why do most people who identify as anarchists have no idea what it really is, which in turn make anarchists like myself look bad?
2.
a person who seeks to overturn by violence all constituted forms and institutions of society and government, with no purpose of establishing any other system of order in the place of that destroyed.

Seem like real nice folk.

Oh the second definition? Interesting.

I'm sorry, am I supposed to be a slave to a Hollywood-type dictionary definition, with absolutely no means of using other methods other than traditionally described? Am I not allowed to use peaceful, non-violent methods to achieve an objective?

I think I am.

Ceratisa
Ceratisa
  • Member since: Dec. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Gamer
Response to just being completely honest here.. Feb. 1st, 2013 @ 03:12 AM Reply

I'm sorry, am I supposed to be a slave to a Hollywood-type dictionary definition, with absolutely no means of using other methods other than traditionally described? Am I not allowed to use peaceful, non-violent methods to achieve an objective?

I think I am.

Yeah sure, But I don't think that is actually being an anarchist then.

Misanthrum
Misanthrum
  • Member since: Nov. 4, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Musician
Response to just being completely honest here.. Feb. 1st, 2013 @ 06:42 PM Reply

At 1/31/13 10:09 AM, Ceratisa wrote: Which one do you think it is. A land without laws, what do you think will happen until people form a new government again?

you are thinking far more technically about this than I am. yes, I love my family and friends. but in the long run, there is NO exception. we are all human, and I am disgusted with the things you have mentioned (rape, murder, starvation, torture, most of all, greed). those things are what make me a pure fucking misanthrope. anyone who IS NOT a misanthrope will never understand A MISANTHROPE. you love people after all the shit we do?

button for human extinction

I would never hurt certain individuals, but if I had the opportunity to kill ALL of us, then I would without an ounce of hesitation. now, Ceratisa, is that clear enough for you?


rules aren't what keep me in abidance.

orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Member since: Mar. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Gamer
Response to just being completely honest here.. Feb. 1st, 2013 @ 07:38 PM Reply

Simply put, anarchism does not work, because it requires all of humanity to work together on a common society, and we all know that it won't work mostly due to human nature. I said it before and I'll say it again, all men are not created equal in terms of ability, lifestyle and what have you, and in a lot of cases, humanity can't always work together because of those differences.

Plus, without some sort of law and order, it would be one big free-for-all where anybody can do anything, and to some of the more deranged folks out there, this will not be pretty. At best, you'll have vigilante groups killing criminals left and right without any sort of fair trial, which probably won't end very well, and at worst, you'll have a Mad Max scenario where everyone will be roving the streets for territory and supplies, and that will definitely not end well.

Anarchy is nothing more than Fascism/Darwinism, just without any government or rule of law. It's only practiced and preached by the total ignorant and the general scum of society that we consider outcasts for good reason, give them any sort of power or influence, then you just know everything will go to shit real quick.


Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
Ceratisa
Ceratisa
  • Member since: Dec. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Gamer
Response to just being completely honest here.. Feb. 1st, 2013 @ 08:15 PM Reply

I would never hurt certain individuals, but if I had the opportunity to kill ALL of us, then I would without an ounce of hesitation. now, Ceratisa, is that clear enough for you?

Selfish and sad, because you notice the bad in the world no one else should be able to experience the good? Billions yet born wouldn't be able to know happiness or ponder existence. You aren't an anarchist.

Misanthrum
Misanthrum
  • Member since: Nov. 4, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Musician
Response to just being completely honest here.. Feb. 1st, 2013 @ 08:42 PM Reply

At 2/1/13 08:15 PM, Ceratisa wrote: Selfish and sad, because you notice the bad in the world no one else should be able to experience the good? Billions yet born wouldn't be able to know happiness or ponder existence. You aren't an anarchist.

very well said. and let me remind you that what I mentioned is easier said than done, because we all know for a fact that I would never have the opportunity to render humanity completely extinct, hence why I said it so easily, AND I tend to rant very easily when it comes to this topic, which leads me to think that maybe I shouldn't be posting in the Politics section. - .-


rules aren't what keep me in abidance.

MultiCanimefan
MultiCanimefan
  • Member since: Dec. 19, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to just being completely honest here.. Feb. 1st, 2013 @ 09:21 PM Reply

At 2/1/13 07:38 PM, orangebomb wrote: Simply put, anarchism does not work, because it requires all of humanity to work together on a common society, and we all know that it won't work mostly due to human nature.

Believing human nature is inherently violent and selfish and putting other humans (who share these traits) in positions of power over other humans is the ideal solution is insanity.

I said it before and I'll say it again, all men are not created equal in terms of ability, lifestyle and what have you, and in a lot of cases, humanity can't always work together because of those differences.

Indeed, not everyone is created equal, but what does that have to do with putting to use different skills people have to make society function? The differences that disable people from working together are often ridiculously superficial, and people need to quite frankly get over them.

Plus, without some sort of law and order, it would be one big free-for-all where anybody can do anything, and to some of the more deranged folks out there, this will not be pretty. At best, you'll have vigilante groups killing criminals left and right without any sort of fair trial, which probably won't end very well, and at worst, you'll have a Mad Max scenario where everyone will be roving the streets for territory and supplies, and that will definitely not end well.

Anarchy =/= chaos without rules or order. This is a ridiculous misconception perpetuated by Hollywood clinging to caricatures of angry teenagers in black attire hurling molotov cocktails. The fact that you brought up Mad Max just cements this. The state does not have a monopoly on law and order.

Anarchy is nothing more than Fascism/Darwinism, just without any government or rule of law.

False.

It's only practiced and preached by the total ignorant and the general scum of society that we consider outcasts for good reason, give them any sort of power or influence, then you just know everything will go to shit real quick.

I believe in the right to govern oneself in peaceful, voluntaryist environment free of all forms of coercion and politics.

Yeah, I'm a real scumbag.

MultiCanimefan
MultiCanimefan
  • Member since: Dec. 19, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to just being completely honest here.. Feb. 1st, 2013 @ 09:24 PM Reply

DoxOfficial, never, ever post anything relating to Anarchism in the Politics section again. Stop shitting on those trying to help repair the image caused by people like you. YOU'RE the reason none of us are taken seriously, and YOU'RE the reason people have this negative image of real anarchists.

Honestly, from a true anarchist, go away.