• Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 49
Writer
Response to Favorite Game No One Liked? Feb. 1st, 2013 @ 05:10 AM Reply

At 2/1/13 04:52 AM, sayomgwtf wrote: I absolutely loved Fly'n

Looks atmospheric.

At 1/31/13 09:07 PM, Gamewiz wrote: I actually really enjoyed Driver 3. Not to many people I know ever really played it, but those whom I did talk to about it complained it was too GTA like because of the free roam (And to be fair, Driv3r did put 10 secret evil GTA characters in each city).

I tried the Driver - San Fransisco just because it looked like a good GTA alternative. Just can't get enough of GTA so I'm always looking around for similar games, but I didn't like it at all. The controls were shit in comparison, the handling was shit, and the map was square and just not as easily drivable as GTA was. Wish it would've been better though because the cars were something else...

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to Favorite Game No One Liked? Feb. 1st, 2013 @ 05:29 AM Reply

There should be a sequel to Psychonauts.

At 1/30/13 04:21 PM, Cyberdevil wrote: Just so happens my favorite game is such a game: Oni.

I used to have that for PS2. Actually, I might still have it.

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell
sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 49
Writer
Response to Favorite Game No One Liked? Feb. 1st, 2013 @ 08:04 AM Reply

At 2/1/13 05:29 AM, Sense-Offender wrote:
At 1/30/13 04:21 PM, Cyberdevil wrote: Just so happens my favorite game is such a game: Oni.
I used to have that for PS2. Actually, I might still have it.

Nice, though the PS2 version was unfortunately developed in a hurry, it's not a direct port of the computer game so the physics aren't really the same, and it's full of bugs. Bungie made the original; Rockstar made the one for PS2.

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to Favorite Game No One Liked? Feb. 1st, 2013 @ 11:27 AM Reply

Yeah, it seemed to me that Lollipop Chainsaw got a mostly negative reception.

sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
JRob
JRob
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Favorite Game No One Liked? Feb. 1st, 2013 @ 03:34 PM Reply

Not exactly one that no one liked, but one that few know of.

Favorite Game No One Liked?

6:31 PM - 平沢 唯: apparently theres an autism club on NG
6:31 PM - PandAlma: autsim club ? Seriously ?
6:31 PM - PandAlma: That may explain a lot

BBS Signature
LeTravino
LeTravino
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Animator
Response to Favorite Game No One Liked? Feb. 1st, 2013 @ 03:41 PM Reply

For the life of me, I can't get a single friend of mine to play Bionic Commando, the PS3 version. Sure, it was kind of a crappy game, but I think it's fun.

Getting every collectible was hard as shit, though. You can't go back, and once you miss one, you gotta start AAAAALLLLLLLLLL over.

kisame
kisame
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Favorite Game No One Liked? Feb. 1st, 2013 @ 03:59 PM Reply

At 2/1/13 04:12 AM, malachi117 wrote:
At 2/1/13 04:00 AM, kisame wrote:
At 1/31/13 03:54 AM, malachi117 wrote: I really enjoy Gundam: Crossfire for the PS3, but everyone not from Japan seems to hate it.
Everyone with a sense of dignity hated it.
I'm sorry, I thought this was the "Favorite game no one liked thread" not the "Be a condescending cunt" thread.

And I thought you'd have some level of standards when it comes to games. People like you are the reason the game industry is stagnating.

Science can't lie.

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!

BBS Signature
darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Favorite Game No One Liked? Feb. 1st, 2013 @ 04:50 PM Reply

Underrated and when I show my friend they find it shit!

It's hip to be square, but it's hipper to be torus! // You shall watch and you shall like.

BBS Signature
nickshark2012
nickshark2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Gamer
Response to Favorite Game No One Liked? Feb. 1st, 2013 @ 06:06 PM Reply

At 1/29/13 11:59 AM, HighWay wrote: Personally, I think it's okay got go with general opinion on somethings, but other times you need to have your own opinion. I would like to know what game you really liked even though it got low scores / bad reputation / was actually bad.

My favorite game of the type was Need For Speed: Pro Street. It was the first Need For Speed game to introduce actual race tracks for various parts of the world and people said it was "going away from it's street racing roots", which I think is complete bullshit on a stick.

What are some of your favorites?

Minecraft(all versions) Build your house, wait till night, then fight off the most unusual mobs! Plus you can kill stuff for items!

PoisonHeart
PoisonHeart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to Favorite Game No One Liked? Feb. 2nd, 2013 @ 10:54 AM Reply

hahaha, my favorite old clunky blurry laggy confusing game is maybe ultraman or one of the godzillas

*citation needed

BBS Signature
NachX
NachX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Favorite Game No One Liked? Feb. 2nd, 2013 @ 11:10 AM Reply

At 1/29/13 05:32 PM, VoidForce wrote: Digimon World. It was critically panned but me and my friends loved it and still play it on occasion.

If it's the PS one that I'm thinking of, totally agree. THIS

VoidForce
VoidForce
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Game Developer
Response to Favorite Game No One Liked? Feb. 2nd, 2013 @ 02:04 PM Reply

At 2/2/13 11:10 AM, NachX wrote:
At 1/29/13 05:32 PM, VoidForce wrote: Digimon World. It was critically panned but me and my friends loved it and still play it on occasion.
If it's the PS one that I'm thinking of, totally agree. THIS

There were three for the PS1, the first one is the one I'm talking about which involved raising your Digimon by training it, feeding it, battling with it, exploring the world, etc. It then dies after a certain amount of time and you get a new egg each time.

Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 49
Writer
Response to Favorite Game No One Liked? Feb. 3rd, 2013 @ 08:43 AM Reply

At 2/3/13 06:24 AM, MikeyS9607 wrote: Not sure if it counts, but Final Fantasy 8. It's usually quite mixed, some people love it, some hate it.

FF8 has pretty high ratings, a lot of people like the entire series. It's more that people find it overrated than vice versa. I liked FF7 myself, only one I've played so far..

The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Favorite Game No One Liked? Feb. 3rd, 2013 @ 09:09 AM Reply

At 1/31/13 08:03 PM, sweet21 wrote: What are you talking about? The game got 7's and 8 across the board.

Yeah and a lot of Call of Duty games get 9's and 10's, but that doesn't mean a lot of people like them. A good number of people don't like Lollipop Chainsaw.

| The Interviewer | Review Terms 3.0 | [This Space For Rent ] | Club Stoic |

BBS Signature
VoidForce
VoidForce
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Game Developer
Response to Favorite Game No One Liked? Feb. 3rd, 2013 @ 12:30 PM Reply

At 2/3/13 06:24 AM, MikeyS9607 wrote: Not sure if it counts, but Final Fantasy 8. It's usually quite mixed, some people love it, some hate it.

My personal favourite of the series but my favourites in the Final Fantasy series tend to be the ones that divided opinions for various reasons: FFVIII, FFXIII and FFX.

Another one of my favourite games that nobody seems to have played was Mischief Makers. From what I could tell people did like it when they played it but nobody seems to have played it.

Quinny
Quinny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Favorite Game No One Liked? Feb. 3rd, 2013 @ 12:40 PM Reply

Vanquish. It undersold but was AMAZING.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 49
Writer
Response to Favorite Game No One Liked? Feb. 3rd, 2013 @ 01:12 PM Reply

At 2/3/13 12:40 PM, Quinny wrote: Vanquish. It undersold but was AMAZING.

First time I've heard of that game, so I looked it up, and it does look pretty good. Even better, I read that it was developed by the people behind Resident Evil 4. So, that definitely sounds promising! Will give it a go.

SEGA seems to be doomed with making awesome games that still don't sell btw. Not just games, consoles too, I wonder what the world would've been like if they switched places with Nintendo and attained the fame. They're products weren't bad at all, just knocked out the spotlight.

Gamewiz
Gamewiz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Movie Buff
Response to Favorite Game No One Liked? Feb. 6th, 2013 @ 03:39 PM Reply

At 2/1/13 05:10 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 2/1/13 04:52 AM, sayomgwtf wrote: I absolutely loved Fly'n
Looks atmospheric.

At 1/31/13 09:07 PM, Gamewiz wrote: I actually really enjoyed Driver 3. Not to many people I know ever really played it, but those whom I did talk to about it complained it was too GTA like because of the free roam (And to be fair, Driv3r did put 10 secret evil GTA characters in each city).
I tried the Driver - San Fransisco just because it looked like a good GTA alternative. Just can't get enough of GTA so I'm always looking around for similar games, but I didn't like it at all. The controls were shit in comparison, the handling was shit, and the map was square and just not as easily drivable as GTA was. Wish it would've been better though because the cars were something else...

With the driver games they didn't really try to make the handling of the cars too realistic, the original games gave more of a 70's cop show feel with lots of drifting and such, and that's what they tried to accomplish in San Francisco. I actually enjoyed SF story, as they didn't try to take themselves too seriously. Unfortunately, it is a pretty short game.

Sometimes the best solution is, simply, a swift kick in the ass.

BBS Signature
Lympha
Lympha
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Melancholy
Response to Favorite Game No One Liked? Feb. 6th, 2013 @ 04:00 PM Reply

At 2/1/13 05:29 AM, Sense-Offender wrote: There should be a sequel to Psychonauts.

I read on Joystiq today that there are plans for a sequel, but Notch, who initially was going to be a financial supporter of the game, decided to back out as it would require him to pump in 18 million dollar.
I didn't really enjoy Psychonauts though, it was decent, but it had a bit of the same aesthetics as the Jimmy Neutron game I use to play as a kid, plus I found the main character very unlikable.

As for this thread, I'm more the kind of person that dislikes a game many people adore than vice verse.

Reverting evolution.

BleachFanatic12
BleachFanatic12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to Favorite Game No One Liked? Feb. 7th, 2013 @ 11:04 PM Reply

At 2/6/13 04:00 PM, Lympha wrote:
At 2/1/13 05:29 AM, Sense-Offender wrote: There should be a sequel to Psychonauts.

BOLDBOLDBOLD

The Meaning Of Life Is To Give Life A Meaning

Xbox Gamertag: AnyColorYouLike__Wii: 2865 2343 3618 8142_Steam: AnyColorYouLike_3DS Friend code: 0001 - 4379 - 0602

BBS Signature
Stretchysumo
Stretchysumo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Favorite Game No One Liked? Feb. 7th, 2013 @ 11:56 PM Reply

Shadowrun for 360. Sure, the reviews were mediocre, but I loved that game. The combat system was unique and the community was great. I played it to the point of unlocking every achievement, save one, through well over 100 hours of gameplay.

PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to Favorite Game No One Liked? Feb. 8th, 2013 @ 10:38 AM Reply

At 2/3/13 12:40 PM, Quinny wrote: Vanquish. It undersold but was AMAZING.

I played a demo for that. It seemed pretty neat.

At 2/3/13 12:30 PM, VoidForce wrote: Another one of my favourite games that nobody seems to have played was Mischief Makers.

one of my favorite games. I've loved it since I first played it when I was like 8 or 9 years old.

sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
OrgasmSquid
OrgasmSquid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to Favorite Game No One Liked? Feb. 8th, 2013 @ 10:19 PM Reply

this:

DarkShadowblade
DarkShadowblade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Favorite Game No One Liked? Feb. 8th, 2013 @ 11:01 PM Reply

Undead Knights was pretty good

Viva La Liquid Funk Baby. Keep it Mellow for all our sakes.
For Crap Nobody Cares About

BBS Signature
Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 49
Writer
Response to Favorite Game No One Liked? Feb. 9th, 2013 @ 03:14 AM Reply

At 2/8/13 10:19 PM, OrgasmSquid wrote: this:

Who doesn't like Duke Nukem? :O

At 2/6/13 03:39 PM, Gamewiz wrote: With the driver games they didn't really try to make the handling of the cars too realistic, the original games gave more of a 70's cop show feel with lots of drifting and such, and that's what they tried to accomplish in San Francisco. I actually enjoyed SF story, as they didn't try to take themselves too seriously. Unfortunately, it is a pretty short game.

I don't know if you could call the handling in GTA realistic, but it's good handling and it's fun to drive around. Driving around in SF wasn't fun at all, it was hard to gain speed, hard to turn, easy to flip even on level ground, etc. The story did seem good though.

RE-Uploader8
RE-Uploader8
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Voice Actor
Response to Favorite Game No One Liked? Feb. 9th, 2013 @ 04:28 AM Reply

Jak and daxter.

I showed it to my friends and they said it sucked. it was in fact a really good game.

"Having known you're a grade A jackass, i'll still give you my money."-Sifraudmis (friend)

BBS Signature
Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 49
Writer
Response to Favorite Game No One Liked? Feb. 9th, 2013 @ 04:41 AM Reply

At 2/9/13 04:28 AM, RE-Uploader8 wrote: Jak and daxter.

I showed it to my friends and they said it sucked. it was in fact a really good game.

Quote from Wikipedia: "Jak and Daxter is a critically acclaimed and commercially successful video game franchise created by Naughty Dog". According to public opinion, it's a highly popular game. :P

OrgasmSquid
OrgasmSquid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to Favorite Game No One Liked? Feb. 9th, 2013 @ 07:26 AM Reply

At 2/9/13 03:14 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 2/8/13 10:19 PM, OrgasmSquid wrote: this:
Who doesn't like Duke Nukem? :O

the critics really hated Duke nukem forever and beside a few people on this forum, i haven't found anyone who liked this game. which is a shame because i thought it was pretty good

Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 49
Writer
Response to Favorite Game No One Liked? Feb. 9th, 2013 @ 08:06 AM Reply

At 2/9/13 07:26 AM, OrgasmSquid wrote: the critics really hated Duke nukem forever and beside a few people on this forum, i haven't found anyone who liked this game. which is a shame because i thought it was pretty good

Hmm.. maybe the hype was just building up for so long that no matter what the end result was it wouldn't be able to fulfill people's expectations. It's a shame, it was a good game.