00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Petepan09 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Was Playstation Move a Failure?

995 Views | 13 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Was Playstation Move a Failure? 2013-01-28 19:21:14

While I've heard it has pretty good controls, I've also heard it doesn't have many games for it to work with and that most of the games that it works with aren't all that good. The only game I can think of that it might be fun to use with is No More Heroes.

Jesus Christ the one True God of Love and Peace.

Response to Was Playstation Move a Failure? 2013-01-28 19:30:54

I've used it before and it actually works very well. The problem is that there are barely any decent games that use it.

Response to Was Playstation Move a Failure? 2013-01-28 20:11:09

Never tried it before, but my cousin has it. Probably didn't look cool enough for the consumer, because it looks like a Wii knockoff, even though it isn't.

That Scout is a Soldier!

BBS Signature

Response to Was Playstation Move a Failure? 2013-01-28 20:24:14

At 1/28/13 07:59 PM, RightWingGamer wrote: Out of the three big motion controllers, PS Move is the only one that actually works. Wii is fidgity and imprecise, and Kinect is a fucking joke.

Unfortunately, there are almost no good games that support Move, which makes absolutely no sense at all.

I agree with this. The Move is the only one that would actually work for me, but the lack of games kills it for me. Wii is fine and all, but sometimes the motion detection is a little bit off and the kinect is just horrible when it comes down to gaming.

To me, it's kind of like the vita; impressive technology, but few games to support it.

Xbox live: C0n Queso

PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten

Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature

Response to Was Playstation Move a Failure? 2013-01-28 21:52:35

Totally. I bought it over a year ago for LittleBigPlanet's Move Pack, and I haven't touched it since.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Was Playstation Move a Failure? 2013-01-28 22:55:35

At 1/28/13 07:59 PM, RightWingGamer wrote: Out of the three big motion controllers, PS Move is the only one that actually works. Wii is fidgity and imprecise, and Kinect is a fucking joke.

Wii motion plus was pretty good, but still off. The Wii U apparently has some sort of new fangled sensor bar (it is all black) that makes everything 1 : 1. I'm not exaggerating, the Nintendo Land Zelda game is 1 to 1.

Response to Was Playstation Move a Failure? 2013-01-28 23:21:56

Motion control is a brilliant idea. However game creators have yet to understand how to use it. They still seek to replace a controller using it which will simply never happen, nothing beats a controller for controlling. Until they realise the point of motion control is to add to the original experience and not provide a new one, they will continue to make pathetic games.

A prime example of how to use motion control. You are making your way down a hall in an RPG and there is an item on a shelf in the game, you reach up with your hand and take the item. That is something motion control would be best suited for, something which uses the body in ways that will come naturally and be more involving.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Was Playstation Move a Failure? 2013-01-28 23:56:35

Definitely. Nobody owns one, nobody wants one.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Was Playstation Move a Failure? 2013-01-29 00:18:57

I hate to sound like a broken record here, but it's actually pretty good. No decent games that support it, though.

The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called...

BBS Signature

Response to Was Playstation Move a Failure? 2013-01-29 03:48:48

It would've done a lot better if more games supported it.

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Was Playstation Move a Failure? 2013-01-29 04:46:50

It was fun in Killzone 3. Well I won one of those gun controllers which the move fits into. Really put me in the battle.

But yeah it was a failure.

BBS Signature

Response to Was Playstation Move a Failure? 2013-01-29 22:08:14

Have you guys played it with No More Heroes? Should I buy it for No more Heroes or is it not worth the 40-50 bucks it would cost me to get it for only one game? I know no more heroes was fun on the wii with wii remote and I could only imagine it being even funner on the ps3 with its Playstation Move. I don't know, at the same time I feel like it would be an idiot move to get it for one game and especially since that one game supports regular controls.

Jesus Christ the one True God of Love and Peace.

Response to Was Playstation Move a Failure? 2013-01-29 23:51:52

Of course it's a fail.

Kinect is okay because it's funny to watch people play Dance Central.

The Nintendo Wii is the ultimate out of the three.

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to Was Playstation Move a Failure? 2013-02-02 20:49:58

it was a rip-off of the wii

Just a Pro Gamer

BBS Signature