New Topic Respond to this Topic
Kwing
Kwing
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Game Developer
Binding of Isaac Auto Quality Jan. 28th, 2013 @ 02:34 AM Reply

I'm playing the Binding of Isaac demo and the game is lagging. I tried changing it to low to prevent this, and it worked, except that the quality keeps changing back to Auto on its own... Which means that from there it cycles between all of the different qualities. The annoying thing is that the lag from adjusting the quality is worse than the lag I experience on high quality. Sometimes the quality stays on low for a few minutes before switching back to auto, and sometimes it changes automatically, but I can't seem to get it fixed permanently.

I'm skeptical about buying the full version because I don't want the same problem there. If the full version has this issue too, the game will be unplayable for me.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.
Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Binding of Isaac Auto Quality Jan. 28th, 2013 @ 11:32 PM Reply

I have the full version, it does not have a problem of that sort.

LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Reader
Response to Binding of Isaac Auto Quality Jan. 29th, 2013 @ 05:30 AM Reply

At 1/28/13 11:32 PM, sweet21 wrote: I have the full version, it does not have a problem of that sort.

That depends on the pc. Your pc might be good enough to run the game, while the OP's pc might not be good enough.

If OP has a problem with the demo, he most likely also has a problem with the full version, and I don't remember that there was a function to reduce the quality in the full version.

sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Binding of Isaac Auto Quality Jan. 29th, 2013 @ 11:18 AM Reply

At 1/29/13 05:30 AM, LiquidFire wrote:
At 1/28/13 11:32 PM, sweet21 wrote: I have the full version, it does not have a problem of that sort.
That depends on the pc. Your pc might be good enough to run the game, while the OP's pc might not be good enough.

If OP has a problem with the demo, he most likely also has a problem with the full version, and I don't remember that there was a function to reduce the quality in the full version.

It has medium, high and low quality settings in the options. But the 'demo' version of the game has not be updated in any way since its release. So the problem OP is having may be a bug that has already been dealt with.