00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ParallaxDraw just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Doing a let's play

902 Views | 13 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Doing a let's play 2013-01-28 02:27:11

I'm trying to handle a let's play on YT, this isn't an ad or anything, I'm not even going to post a link to the channel. But we don't really like doing the newest of the new games too much, are there any old jems you'd want to see played? We're pretty fresh out of ideas, so we're open to pretty much anything. Primarily PC, but if it's for an older console I might buy a copy on ebay and emulate it.

If ya have something to say, PM me. I have a lot of time to spare.

Also never PM egg82.

BBS Signature

Response to Doing a let's play 2013-01-28 03:47:53

Flashback: Quest for Identity is a personal favorite of mine from the Genesis.

It's a fun little game, it still looks relatively good, and was challenging enough that a decent chunk of people never got through it back in the day, so they may sit and watch it with general interest.

It is long though. So be prepared if you play it.

You should totally add me on one of my various game accounts:

360 - Malachi117. Steam - Malachi117. PS3/PS4 - NarcolepticCat.

Response to Doing a let's play 2013-01-28 07:27:02

Response to Doing a let's play 2013-01-28 09:20:06

At 1/28/13 07:27 AM, The-Great-One wrote: Pick one.

This.

Not many LPers do plays of flash games. Doing LPs of random Newgrounds games would be a hit.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Doing a let's play 2013-01-28 12:17:22

At 1/28/13 09:20 AM, Chdonga wrote: Not many LPers do plays of flash games. Doing LPs of random Newgrounds games would be a hit.

Not really. Jay for example does good LPs of Newgrounds games and his videos hardly ever get seen.

As for what games you want to LP, my best advice to you as a Let's Player myself is to just play what you enjoy or feel will be the best. If you can't enjoy making the videos you won't have a good time with all the recording / editing / publishing / uploading you need to be do with each part. I began with one of my favourite games and went on from there once I got used to it.

An important thing is to not be put off if you don't get noticed much, sadly on youtube you can either be almost completely unknown or be ridiculously popular, there isn't really much middle ground with such things, unless you begin attention whoring yourself (which I refuse to do) then you will just need to sort of hope you get noticed at some point. I still continue to make videos regardless of the low view count though for the sole purpose of it being entertaining for me to make them.

If you have fun making the LPs, then you are doing it right.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Doing a let's play 2013-01-28 12:47:25

I'd probably be interested in seeing some lets plays of older computer RPGs that were big in the late 90's - early 00's. The sort of games that GOG.com has in their RPG section. I've never played Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale or Planetscape: Torment.

Only downside to popular games like those is that there's probably a million lets plays already out there for them.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Doing a let's play 2013-01-28 16:39:32

Its really hard to get noticed as lets player because there is an ocean of shitty lets plays on YT. Seriously to find Good lets player is next to impossible. If you want to get noticed your better off doing something new, but anyways good luck.

Response to Doing a let's play 2013-01-28 17:18:23

At 1/28/13 12:47 PM, Dean wrote: I'd probably be interested in seeing some lets plays of older computer RPGs that were big in the late 90's - early 00's. The sort of games that GOG.com has in their RPG section. I've never played Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale or Planetscape: Torment.

Only downside to popular games like those is that there's probably a million lets plays already out there for them.

Such games are fun to watch, an LPer named Kikoskia is someone I watch for such things, he did Lands of Lore, Temple of Elemental Evil, Icewind Dale, Anvil of Dawn and some more. Those type of games are always interesting.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Doing a let's play 2013-01-29 00:35:43

You could always try the legendary Thunder Force IV. Quite a great game for is time, but unless you're a master of gaming or ready to spend days on mental preparation for the challenge, you'll have to use the 99 lives cheat to finish it. And cheating is uncool during a lets play.

Response to Doing a let's play 2013-01-31 21:42:49

How about this game.

Doing a let's play

Response to Doing a let's play 2013-01-31 22:58:31

At 1/31/13 09:42 PM, newnerdgrounds wrote: How about this game.

nah, you need to step it up a notch. Superman 64 is the way to go.

"It's taking all my might to restrain from dick riding." - HomicidalFrog

Sig by Homicidee

BBS Signature

Response to Doing a let's play 2013-02-01 04:04:42

At 1/28/13 02:27 AM, MintPaw wrote: I'm trying to handle a let's play on YT, this isn't an ad or anything, I'm not even going to post a link to the channel. But we don't really like doing the newest of the new games too much, are there any old jems you'd want to see played? We're pretty fresh out of ideas, so we're open to pretty much anything. Primarily PC, but if it's for an older console I might buy a copy on ebay and emulate it.

Please don't. The last thing the internet needs is another nasally twat rambling on youtube.

Science can't lie.

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Response to Doing a let's play 2013-02-01 12:06:11

At 2/1/13 04:04 AM, kisame wrote:
At 1/28/13 02:27 AM, MintPaw wrote: I'm trying to handle a let's play on YT, this isn't an ad or anything, I'm not even going to post a link to the channel. But we don't really like doing the newest of the new games too much, are there any old jems you'd want to see played? We're pretty fresh out of ideas, so we're open to pretty much anything. Primarily PC, but if it's for an older console I might buy a copy on ebay and emulate it.
Please don't. The last thing the internet needs is another nasally twat rambling on youtube.

TOO LATE!
And yeah, looks like to Flash I go, thanks guys, I'll check back at this tread whenever I need to find something new, there's a lot of stuff listed here. :X

If ya have something to say, PM me. I have a lot of time to spare.

Also never PM egg82.

BBS Signature

Response to Doing a let's play 2013-02-01 16:01:58

At 2/1/13 12:06 PM, MintPaw wrote:
At 2/1/13 04:04 AM, kisame wrote:
TOO LATE!
And yeah, looks like to Flash I go, thanks guys, I'll check back at this tread whenever I need to find something new, there's a lot of stuff listed here. :X

I HAVE NO SON!!!!!!!!!!!

Science can't lie.

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!