New Topic Respond to this Topic
somespammer224
somespammer224
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Game Developer
Politics and Controversal stuff Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 10:10 PM Reply

No offense to anyone who fits under this catergory, this is a question, and anyone is allowed to respond, including any one of these.

Anyways, I have been browsing The forums more lately, and have decided that a majority of Newgrounders (or at least BBS users) are either bronies, cross dressers, homo- or bi-sexuals, or well, just pure fucking creeps.

Like I said, no offense, and this is to no one in particular, I have no problems with any of the things above, but any reason why this seems to be so Prominent on Newgrounds?

Thumbs up if you...oh wait, i have a life.

BBS Signature
Geoffthebunchie
Geoffthebunchie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Gamer
Response to Politics and Controversal stuff Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 10:13 PM Reply

I think that's how most nerdy forums work.

somespammer224
somespammer224
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Game Developer
Response to Politics and Controversal stuff Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 10:16 PM Reply

At 1/27/13 10:13 PM, Geoffthebunchie wrote: I think that's how most nerdy forums work.

I have actually seen a lack of abundance of nerdiness. For a website so focused on..well pretty much programming, anyways

BBS Signature
Geoffthebunchie
Geoffthebunchie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Gamer
Response to Politics and Controversal stuff Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 10:20 PM Reply

I have actually seen a lack of abundance of nerdiness. For a website so focused on..well pretty much programming, anyways

Well, it's nerdy/boring in the sense that you wouldn't tell your friends a cu-razy story about something you posted on Newgrounds.

somespammer224
somespammer224
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Game Developer
Response to Politics and Controversal stuff Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 10:21 PM Reply

At 1/27/13 10:20 PM, Geoffthebunchie wrote:
Well, it's nerdy/boring in the sense that you wouldn't tell your friends a cu-razy story about something you posted on Newgrounds.

Lol....Seems about right.

BBS Signature
Jester
Jester
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Politics and Controversal stuff Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 10:22 PM Reply

At 1/27/13 10:10 PM, somespammer224 wrote:
Anyways, I have been browsing The forums more lately, and have decided that a majority of Newgrounders (or at least BBS users) are either bronies, cross dressers, homo- or bi-sexuals, or well, just pure fucking creeps.

Aren't bronies and creeps the same thing

somespammer224
somespammer224
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Game Developer
Response to Politics and Controversal stuff Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 10:22 PM Reply

At 1/27/13 10:22 PM, Jester wrote:
Aren't bronies and creeps the same thing

Exactly

BBS Signature
HomicidialFrog
HomicidialFrog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Gamer
Response to Politics and Controversal stuff Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 10:28 PM Reply

At 1/27/13 10:10 PM, somespammer224 wrote: Anyways, I have been browsing The forums more lately, and have decided that a majority of Newgrounders (or at least BBS users) are either bronies, cross dressers, homo- or bi-sexuals, or well, just pure fucking creeps.

Hey, hey, I'm neither a cross dresser nor a homo!

You've got a fine pair of eyes.

BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to Politics and Controversal stuff Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 10:32 PM Reply

How is this political or controversial?

TheGlockGroup
TheGlockGroup
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Politics and Controversal stuff Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 10:35 PM Reply

At 1/27/13 10:32 PM, BumFodder wrote: How is this political or controversial?

because newgrounders are closet fascists with urges to shoot up schools

remember to not do drugs, children

somespammer224
somespammer224
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Game Developer
Response to Politics and Controversal stuff Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 10:44 PM Reply

At 1/27/13 10:29 PM, abbiegale wrote:
At 1/27/13 10:22 PM, somespammer224 wrote:
At 1/27/13 10:22 PM, Jester wrote: Aren't bronies and creeps the same thing
Exactly
But you insist that you have no problem with those things?

No, I was implying that outside the internet, society may think you are a creep, that is what I meant

BBS Signature
Havegum
Havegum
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Politics and Controversal stuff Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 10:58 PM Reply

At 1/27/13 10:10 PM, somespammer224 wrote: No offense to anyone [...] I have been browsing The forums more lately, and have decided that a majority of Newgrounders are either bronies, cross dressers, homo- or bi-sexuals, or well, just pure fucking creeps.

You've fallen into the trap of framing the trush to support your theory. The fact that you mention crossdressers is a sign of this and derives purely from what you've seen in this thread. Continuing on this, if you opened the thread with a pre-determined idea of how the NG forum is, that idea may have been supported through confirmation bias.

You should take into account that most discussion comes with controversial ideas. So when someone posts something that sparks discussion, the more extreme and opposing arguments from both sides comes forward. If you're in agreement with one part, you're more likely to think the other part is weird, dumb, or in some cases "pure fucking creeps". This can make it seem so that the general opinion is more extreme than it actually is.

There's my theory anyway
At 1/27/13 10:44 PM, somespammer224 wrote: No, I was implying that outside the internet, society may think you are a creep, that is what I meant

I'm nowere near the same person online as I am with my friends. I have a much easier time admitting something personal when I'm hidden behind some anonymous username.

TL;DR OP is biased

BBS Signature
Halberd
Halberd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Politics and Controversal stuff Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 11:11 PM Reply

who gives le fuck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NguTypiXqqY
ILLEGAL MARIJUANA RELATED ACTIVITIES
The hand I killed your children with masturbates to the memory of it

BasedBubbus
BasedBubbus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Politics and Controversal stuff Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 11:14 PM Reply

hey hey hey
i am NOT a crossdresser!

I'm a single father and a multimillionaire.

BBS Signature
Slacker013
Slacker013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Audiophile
Response to Politics and Controversal stuff Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 11:17 PM Reply

At 1/27/13 11:11 PM, Halberd wrote: who gives le fuck

He's allowed his right to give a fuck and for us to give our opinion of not giving a fuck...

Once upon a time...
I thought of having a flashy signature, with cookies, but I've decided against it. So, I'm simply offering free cake to make up for the lack of cookies...

somespammer224
somespammer224
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Game Developer
Response to Politics and Controversal stuff Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 11:42 PM Reply

At 1/27/13 11:14 PM, TurkeyBased wrote: hey hey hey
i am NOT a crossdresser!

I never accused you of such, bro. its cool

BBS Signature
somespammer224
somespammer224
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Game Developer
Response to Politics and Controversal stuff Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 11:52 PM Reply

At 1/27/13 10:58 PM, Havegum wrote:
At 1/27/13 10:10 PM, somespammer224 wrote: No offense to anyone [...] I have been browsing The forums more lately, and have decided that a majority of Newgrounders are either bronies, cross dressers, homo- or bi-sexuals, or well, just pure fucking creeps.
You've fallen into the trap of framing the trush to support your theory. The fact that you mention crossdressers is a sign of this and derives purely from what you've seen in this thread. Continuing on this, if you opened the thread with a pre-determined idea of how the NG forum is, that idea may have been supported through confirmation bias.

You should take into account that most discussion comes with controversial ideas. So when someone posts something that sparks discussion, the more extreme and opposing arguments from both sides comes forward. If you're in agreement with one part, you're more likely to think the other part is weird, dumb, or in some cases "pure fucking creeps". This can make it seem so that the general opinion is more extreme than it actually is.
There's my theory anyway
At 1/27/13 10:44 PM, somespammer224 wrote: No, I was implying that outside the internet, society may think you are a creep, that is what I meant
I'm nowere near the same person online as I am with my friends. I have a much easier time admitting something personal when I'm hidden behind some anonymous username.

TL;DR OP is biased

Although your points are very good, they are not a very accurate representation of my thoughts. While you are right, this was started because of the linked thread, I was simply using it to support my idea. As I previously stated, I have been browsing the forum, not one thread. My entire opinion of the sites users are not based off one thing. As for the homosexual angle, I have come across various user accounts who are homosexuals, and even transexuals. As for forum users, they seem to be more prominent then heterosexual users, at least from what I have seen.

BBS Signature
Havegum
Havegum
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Politics and Controversal stuff Jan. 28th, 2013 @ 12:23 AM Reply

At 1/27/13 11:52 PM, somespammer224 wrote: As I previously stated, I have been browsing the forum, not one thread. My entire opinion of the sites users are not based off one thing.

What I meant to say is rather than basing your opinion on one thread, I'm guessing at some point you developed this idea, and over time have emphasized posts supporting your idea more than those that contradict it. Not purposefully of course, but subconsciously supporting the idea.

As for the homosexual angle, I have come across various user accounts who are homosexuals, and even transexuals.

Yup.

As for forum users, they seem to be more prominent then heterosexual users, at least from what I have seen.

I believe there's three major thing causing this.
It's the internet, so people naturally have a lower threshold for sharing personal things. For example a person who is considered by his irl friends to be straight, can tell us he's bi without it having consequences for how his friends sees him.

Edgier and more controversial stuff leads to (heated) discussions, constantly bumping the thread upwards. This point is influenced by the point above in the way that the people in arguments would in some cases not come forward as extreme or at all irl.

The third cause I believe is cognitive bias, as I've explained earlier. Personally I haven't taken too much of a notice in the amount of people that come forward as gay or bi, and since we're browsing the same bbs, I can only assume that's the reason.

BBS Signature
DickChick
DickChick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Politics and Controversal stuff Jan. 28th, 2013 @ 12:26 AM Reply

Hey NO OFFENSE but you guys are all a bunch of HOMO FREAKS

Why are you so HOMO FREAK?

Just a chick with a dick.

supergandhi64
supergandhi64
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Politics and Controversal stuff Jan. 28th, 2013 @ 12:27 AM Reply

i agree. there are a lot of sick freaks on these forums. the moderators turn a blind eye to these rules breakers. the newgrounds fora are in need of a thorough cleanup. sexual deviants, leftists, satanists and the likes. none of these belong in a good company or functional society. they only reap the benefits others have sown for them, they're parasites

--supergandhi64

BBS Signature
somespammer224
somespammer224
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Game Developer
Response to Politics and Controversal stuff Jan. 28th, 2013 @ 12:31 AM Reply

At 1/28/13 12:23 AM, Havegum wrote:
At 1/27/13 11:52 PM, somespammer224 wrote: As I previously stated, I have been browsing the forum, not one thread. My entire opinion of the sites users are not based off one thing.
What I meant to say is rather than basing your opinion on one thread, I'm guessing at some point you developed this idea, and over time have emphasized posts supporting your idea more than those that contradict it. Not purposefully of course, but subconsciously supporting the idea.

As for the homosexual angle, I have come across various user accounts who are homosexuals, and even transexuals.
Yup.
As for forum users, they seem to be more prominent then heterosexual users, at least from what I have seen.
I believe there's three major thing causing this.
It's the internet, so people naturally have a lower threshold for sharing personal things. For example a person who is considered by his irl friends to be straight, can tell us he's bi without it having consequences for how his friends sees him.

Edgier and more controversial stuff leads to (heated) discussions, constantly bumping the thread upwards. This point is influenced by the point above in the way that the people in arguments would in some cases not come forward as extreme or at all irl.

The third cause I believe is cognitive bias, as I've explained earlier. Personally I haven't taken too much of a notice in the amount of people that come forward as gay or bi, and since we're browsing the same bbs, I can only assume that's the reason.

Ok, first of all, I never once have seen that thread, I am simply basing my opinion off of my general browsing of the General Forum, and no particular thread, Have I not pointed this out ? Also, you are suggesting that this is biased, yet I have stated already numerous times that I am at a neutral standpoint, and is just pointing out my personal observaion

BBS Signature
DickChick
DickChick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Politics and Controversal stuff Jan. 28th, 2013 @ 12:35 AM Reply

YO I didn't call you all FREAKISH DEVIANTS I just said that you're so FREAKISHLY DEVIANT that you should be ashamed to be yourself anywhere except for behind a veil of anonymity on the internet

Just a chick with a dick.

Havegum
Havegum
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Politics and Controversal stuff Jan. 28th, 2013 @ 12:46 AM Reply

At 1/28/13 12:31 AM, somespammer224 wrote: I am at a neutral standpoint, and is just pointing out my personal observaion

That's a bit of a contradiction, but I get what you mean. I don't mean to offend you when I'm calling bias - Everyone's perception will always be, as is mine. In the end, if you cannot agree on personal perception altering your view, why don't we agree on the others. I'm sure the rest of my points are fairly solid.

BBS Signature
HomicidialFrog
HomicidialFrog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Gamer
Response to Politics and Controversal stuff Jan. 28th, 2013 @ 12:12 PM Reply

i am NOT a crossdresser!

How does one be a homosexual and a bisexual at the same time?

You've got a fine pair of eyes.

Boomstick
Boomstick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Melancholy
Response to Politics and Controversal stuff Jan. 28th, 2013 @ 12:15 PM Reply

I, for one, welcome our brony, bisexual, homosexual, cross dressing overlords

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to Politics and Controversal stuff Jan. 28th, 2013 @ 12:23 PM Reply

At 1/28/13 12:12 PM, HomicidialFrog wrote:
i am NOT a crossdresser!
How does one be a homosexual and a bisexual at the same time?

With great practice. It is only for those of us who are experts in the field and have immense discipline.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Politics and Controversal stuff Jan. 28th, 2013 @ 03:29 PM Reply

I'm sorry but I'm failing to see why the title of this subject was chosen what it is.

BBS Signature
Phobotech
Phobotech
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Animator
Response to Politics and Controversal stuff Jan. 28th, 2013 @ 03:58 PM Reply

Why are bronies paralleled up with cross dressers, homos, bi-sexuals, and fucking creeps?

You do realize that not all bronies are sexually attracted to the cartoon ponies, right? It's a fandom. Nothing more.

Moreoever, why does it matter in who people are attracted to? Why is it even a thing of concern from you...it's none of your business. A dude like a dude. A chick likes a dude. Sometimes they don't care, they love beyond the gender...how is that still a relevant thing to even be remotely concerned about?

You dig chicks. cool story bro. So do I! But what makes a sexual preference differing from ours "fucking creeps?" It's so over being a controversy, it's barely worthy of a conversation. You just need to meet and hang out with cool queers and iron out the wrinkles in your misunderstandings.

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Politics and Controversal stuff Jan. 28th, 2013 @ 04:21 PM Reply

At 1/27/13 10:10 PM, somespammer224 wrote: Anyways, I have been browsing The forums more lately, and have decided that a majority of Newgrounders (or at least BBS users) are either bronies, cross dressers, homo- or bi-sexuals, or well, just pure fucking creeps.

Well I fit into two of those categories. I just go with the flow. It's usually just the General forum that is this way. The other forums like Clubs & Crews, Politics, Writing, etc. aren't normally like this.

| The Interviewer | Review Terms 3.0 | [This Space For Rent ] | Club Stoic |

BBS Signature
Slint
Slint
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 36
Audiophile
Response to Politics and Controversal stuff Jan. 28th, 2013 @ 04:23 PM Reply

>complains about furries, bi's and gays
>blacks, asians and mexicans everywhere and no one does a damn thing about it

Politics and Controversal stuff

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.
You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.
ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature