Be a Supporter!

do hipsters like pink floyd

  • 1,600 Views
  • 56 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
GrizzlyOne
GrizzlyOne
  • Member since: Jul. 16, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Audiophile
do hipsters like pink floyd Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 07:35 PM Reply

i've noticed a lot of musical elitists liek Pink Floyd, but I myself and a few friends like it too, does liking Pink Floyd make you a hipster. ? :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KMpZaEF6g0


BBS Signature
Geoffthebunchie
Geoffthebunchie
  • Member since: Oct. 31, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Gamer
Response to do hipsters like pink floyd Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 07:37 PM Reply

No. I believe hipsters listen to "obscure" music.

BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Member since: Jan. 14, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to do hipsters like pink floyd Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 07:39 PM Reply

Meddle was an amazing album and Echoes was pretty much a proto-DSOTM track.

Otto
Otto
  • Member since: Mar. 31, 2007
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Animator
Response to do hipsters like pink floyd Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 07:39 PM Reply

Worst question so far this year, hard to imagine what's next


This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature
GrizzlyOne
GrizzlyOne
  • Member since: Jul. 16, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Audiophile
Response to do hipsters like pink floyd Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 07:49 PM Reply

At 1/27/13 07:39 PM, BumFodder wrote: Meddle was an amazing album and Echoes was pretty much a proto-DSOTM track.

it's funny because even though echoes iscurrently my favorite pink floyd song, I honestly don't like DSOTM that much, I find it a little bland, honestly.


BBS Signature
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Member since: Jan. 14, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to do hipsters like pink floyd Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 07:55 PM Reply

At 1/27/13 07:49 PM, GrizzlyOne wrote: it's funny because even though echoes iscurrently my favorite pink floyd song, I honestly don't like DSOTM that much, I find it a little bland, honestly.

You have to admit that the last (I think it was) third of the song sounds a lot like Breathe in the Air though.

I can see how DSOTM can be called bland though since its really sad sounding and slow in a lot of parts like Great Gig in the Sky and Us and Them and On the Run and they last for like half of each side of the album. I can really get into those parts though but I still prefer Wish You Were Here as an album.

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Member since: May. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to do hipsters like pink floyd Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 07:58 PM Reply

Animals and Wish You Were Here were brilliant albums.


one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell
sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
372
372
  • Member since: Jul. 29, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Artist
Response to do hipsters like pink floyd Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 07:59 PM Reply

Guys shut the fuck up about "hipsters" already
seriously you sound 12 always trying to beat people belonging to the newest label that the media pays attention too

GrizzlyOne
GrizzlyOne
  • Member since: Jul. 16, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Audiophile
Response to do hipsters like pink floyd Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 08:03 PM Reply

I can see how DSOTM can be called bland though since its really sad sounding and slow in a lot of parts like Great Gig in the Sky and Us and Them and On the Run and they last for like half of each side of the album. I can really get into those parts though but I still prefer Wish You Were Here as an album.

I call it bland because every song has that same "hippie rock" feel to it, not that isn't good, it just gets boring after hearing it for 20 mins, whilst albums liek Meddle cover a more vareity of music topics that don't sounds like each other.

One Of These Days ( Hard Progressive Psychedelic Rock)
A Pillow of Winds and Fearless (Don't really know how to describe these but they sound different but yet keep the progressive beat going through One Of These Days with the wind fade in/out.)
San Tropez ( Jazz Pop )
Seamus ( Blues and Jazz Pop)
Echoes ( Psychedelic ocean airey build up, smooth guitar solos, funk rock, psychedelic creepy rock, Drum Bass and Synth Build up, then it goes back to the psychedelic ocean airey feeling)


BBS Signature
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Member since: Jan. 14, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to do hipsters like pink floyd Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 08:06 PM Reply

At 1/27/13 08:03 PM, GrizzlyOne wrote: I call it bland because every song has that same "hippie rock" feel to it, not that isn't good, it just gets boring after hearing it for 20 mins, whilst albums liek Meddle cover a more vareity of music topics that don't sounds like each other.

I always thought Meddle had a really nice variety too, as if they went out of their way to do different stuff. Hard Progressive, Folk, Jazz, Blues and then a loooooooong Progressive.

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Member since: May. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to do hipsters like pink floyd Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 08:07 PM Reply

At 1/27/13 08:05 PM, hiddeninthecrowd wrote: we dont need no education.

If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding! How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?!


one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell
sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Member since: Jan. 14, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to do hipsters like pink floyd Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 08:11 PM Reply

At 1/27/13 08:06 PM, BumFodder wrote: I always thought Meddle had a really nice variety too, as if they went out of their way to do different stuff. Hard Progressive, Folk, Jazz, Blues and then a loooooooong Progressive.

Also that reminds me, I was laughing at Liverpool getting beaten by a team two leagues lower than them today on tv, and the way the Liverpool fans sung Youll Never Walk Alone and then chanted Liverpool sounded exactly the same as it did on Fearless, even the weird sounding part at the end which I thought was cool.

Slint
Slint
  • Member since: Nov. 6, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 36
Audiophile
Response to do hipsters like pink floyd Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 08:14 PM Reply

Ha ha charade you are!


Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.
You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.
ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature
MrPercie
MrPercie
  • Member since: Apr. 5, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 33
Gamer
Response to do hipsters like pink floyd Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 08:21 PM Reply

pink floyd? more like pink eye!

FUCK! I GOT SHIT IN MY EYE!


BBS Signature
GrizzlyOne
GrizzlyOne
  • Member since: Jul. 16, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Audiophile
Response to do hipsters like pink floyd Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 08:26 PM Reply

You have to admit that the last (I think it was) third of the song sounds a lot like Breathe in the Air though.

how so?

i don't think it's in the same time measure.


BBS Signature
Slint
Slint
  • Member since: Nov. 6, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 36
Audiophile
Response to do hipsters like pink floyd Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 08:28 PM Reply

>hipsters
>2012+1

do hipsters like pink floyd


Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.
You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.
ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature
JellyTea
JellyTea
  • Member since: Oct. 1, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to do hipsters like pink floyd Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 08:28 PM Reply

No.
Teenage boys and old people like Pink Floyd.
Pink Floyd isn't ''obscure''.

BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Member since: Jan. 14, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to do hipsters like pink floyd Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 08:33 PM Reply

At 1/27/13 08:26 PM, GrizzlyOne wrote: how so?

i don't think it's in the same time measure.

If you go to 19:10 and listen it sounds like 1:50 in Breathe In the Air and the same part in the reprise. Also it just reminds me of the general sound of the sadder parts of DSOTM.

GrizzlyOne
GrizzlyOne
  • Member since: Jul. 16, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Audiophile
Response to do hipsters like pink floyd Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 08:41 PM Reply

At 1/27/13 08:33 PM, BumFodder wrote:
At 1/27/13 08:26 PM, GrizzlyOne wrote: how so?

i don't think it's in the same time measure.
If you go to 19:10 and listen it sounds like 1:50 in Breathe In the Air and the same part in the reprise. Also it just reminds me of the general sound of the sadder parts of DSOTM.

I'm just wondering, are you supposed to listen to Echoes and the Dark Side of The Moon together, like back to back? because for some reason, I like DSOTM (the first half) a lot better when I listen to Echoes right just before hand.


BBS Signature
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Member since: Jan. 14, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to do hipsters like pink floyd Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 08:46 PM Reply

At 1/27/13 08:41 PM, GrizzlyOne wrote: I'm just wondering, are you supposed to listen to Echoes and the Dark Side of The Moon together, like back to back? because for some reason, I like DSOTM (the first half) a lot better when I listen to Echoes right just before hand.

Im not sure if they were supposed to be but I have always thought that Meddle/DSOTM/WYWH in that order all went together extremely well. Theyre all about similar things too.

Hikky-Dikky
Hikky-Dikky
  • Member since: Dec. 28, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Gamer
Response to do hipsters like pink floyd Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 08:46 PM Reply

Atom Heart Mother is one of their best albums IMO. It's incredibly underrated, even though it's not my favorite Pink Floyd album (that would be WYWH). Meddle's pretty good as well.

BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Member since: Jan. 14, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to do hipsters like pink floyd Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 08:48 PM Reply

At 1/27/13 08:47 PM, Cherry wrote:
At 1/27/13 07:39 PM, Otto wrote: Worst question so far this year, hard to imagine what's next
is skrillex dubstep or brostep and what is brostep

"is linkin park metal?"

372
372
  • Member since: Jul. 29, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Artist
Response to do hipsters like pink floyd Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 08:50 PM Reply

At 1/27/13 08:48 PM, BumFodder wrote:
At 1/27/13 08:47 PM, Cherry wrote:
At 1/27/13 07:39 PM, Otto wrote: Worst question so far this year, hard to imagine what's next
is skrillex dubstep or brostep and what is brostep
"is linkin park metal?"

are black veil brides scene or emo?

T3XT
T3XT
  • Member since: Jan. 7, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Gamer
Response to do hipsters like pink floyd Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 08:51 PM Reply

No way. Pink Floyd's way too popular to be a hipster band.

GrizzlyOne
GrizzlyOne
  • Member since: Jul. 16, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Audiophile
Response to do hipsters like pink floyd Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 08:55 PM Reply

At 1/27/13 08:46 PM, BumFodder wrote:
At 1/27/13 08:41 PM, GrizzlyOne wrote: I'm just wondering, are you supposed to listen to Echoes and the Dark Side of The Moon together, like back to back? because for some reason, I like DSOTM (the first half) a lot better when I listen to Echoes right just before hand.
Im not sure if they were supposed to be but I have always thought that Meddle/DSOTM/WYWH in that order all went together extremely well. Theyre all about similar things too.

I don't think the rest of Meddle fits in with DSOTM

what does a song about vacation in Southern Spain have to with the problems of Humanity?


BBS Signature
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Member since: Jan. 14, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to do hipsters like pink floyd Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 08:59 PM Reply

At 1/27/13 08:55 PM, GrizzlyOne wrote: I don't think the rest of Meddle fits in with DSOTM

what does a song about vacation in Southern Spain have to with the problems of Humanity?

I meant it connected well because of the sound and meaning of Echoes and Echoes is the second half of Meddle and connects well to DSOTM.

Nickisabi
Nickisabi
  • Member since: Aug. 17, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Audiophile
Response to do hipsters like pink floyd Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 09:02 PM Reply

No, I listen to Pink Floyd for hours on end and I'm not a hipster. I actually like their music. I don't listen to them just because they're not popular anymore. Hipsters that wear Pink Floyd shirts and have no idea who they really are, can be seen as epic culture separatists. They have no purpose and create confusion.
Nuff' Said.

Dark Side of the Moon - Best album.

If you disagree with my opinion, you're wrong. I'm sorry you have to hear that...

BBS Signature
houzatosis
houzatosis
  • Member since: Dec. 9, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Musician
Response to do hipsters like pink floyd Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 10:07 PM Reply

If you like Pink Floyd then what does it matter to anyone else?

TheColourAwesome
TheColourAwesome
  • Member since: Dec. 30, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to do hipsters like pink floyd Jan. 28th, 2013 @ 12:38 AM Reply

ugh, why bbs?


BBS Signature
BasedBubbus
BasedBubbus
  • Member since: Jul. 8, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Musician
Response to do hipsters like pink floyd Jan. 28th, 2013 @ 12:42 AM Reply

At 1/28/13 12:38 AM, TheColourAwesome wrote: ugh, why bbs?

because


I'm a single father and a multimillionaire.

BBS Signature