Be a Supporter!

New Art Thread

  • 10,460 Views
  • 231 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Otto
Otto
  • Member since: Mar. 31, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Animator
Response to New Art Thread 2013-03-27 13:36:17 Reply

At 3/26/13 10:20 PM, KiwiSundae wrote: Resist improvement? That's the biggest load of bullshit ever.

And before Absinthe can say anything, this is not your typical "animu". THIS is improvement right here, folks. Oh, and I started drawing guys, too, as my next sketch will demonstrate.

Well thanks man, asking for what I thought and then calling it bullshit. Now that is resisting improvement. Maybe I should be more specific; you refuse to do anything truly different. I didn't even realise your male figure was a guy until I read what you wrote above it.

I dare you to do something totally unlike your usual stuff.


This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature
IloveNantes
IloveNantes
  • Member since: May. 12, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to New Art Thread 2013-03-27 14:08:53 Reply

How's this for reference? Mmm, tasty! Chris Hemsworth really gets my metaphoric rocks off. Ooooooh. I just love drawing him over and over and over again drooling and wheezing lustily, all the while resisting anything that doesn't have sculpted pecs, a six-pack and a brilliant smile. In fact I've gotten pretty good at it after a few years.

New Art Thread


be my fan... because.

KiwiSundae
KiwiSundae
  • Member since: Dec. 4, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to New Art Thread 2013-03-29 17:11:08 Reply

At 3/27/13 01:36 PM, Otto wrote:
At 3/26/13 10:20 PM, KiwiSundae wrote:
Well thanks man, asking for what I thought and then calling it bullshit. Now that is resisting improvement. Maybe I should be more specific; you refuse to do anything truly different. I didn't even realise your male figure was a guy until I read what you wrote above it.

I dare you to do something totally unlike your usual stuff.

As I said, I am not resistant to improvement. So shove that bias up your ass right now.

New Art Thread


The time for making a webcomic is now..Introducing...

BBS Signature
KiwiSundae
KiwiSundae
  • Member since: Dec. 4, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to New Art Thread 2013-03-29 17:13:19 Reply

At 3/26/13 11:38 PM, monsterparty wrote:
At 3/26/13 10:24 PM, KiwiSundae wrote: What's this? MALE ANATOMY?!! *LE GASP*
Well, it's nice to see you trying to break out of your comfort zone, but it doesn't look a whole lot like male anatomy.

His face doesn't have any characteristics that would define him as male. Cut out the body and it just looks like a girl's head. Put the body back in, and it's pretty much an amazonian woman.

You gave him this really obvious hourglass shape in his waist along with some big hips and thighs that exaggerate that fact even more. Men are generally pretty rectangular in that whole section.

The picture above is actually a good reference especially since that guy seems to have the body type that you're going for with that particular drawing. I guess its not exactly a favorable thing to have plastered in your thread, but look up and draw from more references like that, and it'll make a big difference. :)

Actually, I have some figure drawing books that will work just fine. Even so, I agree. Drawing something over and over and over, men in this case will help me get better at it. Even so, I do not want to see another man's dick. I don't like dick, never have liked dick, and will never like dick. Therefore, I do not want to see dick. Pussy is fine; dick, not so much.

Now for something completely not human-related.

New Art Thread


The time for making a webcomic is now..Introducing...

BBS Signature
IloveNantes
IloveNantes
  • Member since: May. 12, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to New Art Thread 2013-03-30 15:01:25 Reply

At 3/29/13 05:11 PM, KiwiSundae wrote: As I said, I am not resistant to improvement. So shove that bias up your ass right now.

His body isn't enough like Chris Hemsworth's. Get back to studying shirtless references of Mister Sex in Pants, you need it.


be my fan... because.

KiwiSundae
KiwiSundae
  • Member since: Dec. 4, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to New Art Thread 2013-03-31 12:11:55 Reply

At 3/30/13 03:01 PM, IloveNantes wrote:
At 3/29/13 05:11 PM, KiwiSundae wrote: As I said, I am not resistant to improvement. So shove that bias up your ass right now.
His body isn't enough like Chris Hemsworth's. Get back to studying shirtless references of Mister Sex in Pants, you need it.

Fuck that noise. I'm drawing whatever body types I want. If I want to draw a fat guy/girl, then by all means I will fucking do it. If I wanna draw some slender mo fo', then by all means, I will do it. Get over yourself.


The time for making a webcomic is now..Introducing...

BBS Signature
Absinthe
Absinthe
  • Member since: Aug. 13, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Artist
Response to New Art Thread 2013-03-31 13:47:03 Reply

I was gonna say this pic was a fart in the right direction, but then you go being hostile to other users, which there is NO excuse for by the way. Anyway as it stands now I give it a 3/10, the pose it meh, and the lack of detail and refining makes it lack life. Just finish something for once and post it in the thread.

ART THREADS ARE SHOWCASE THREADS.

Upload it finished here. Oh yeah did anyone else see my totally original character Clarice Burnstein? You can find her at my art thread.


3DS FC: 4442-0200-7535
So yeah follow this neat little do-dad to get a free trip to my Art Thread. I also endorse Retsupurae on my own volition

BBS Signature
Morthagg
Morthagg
  • Member since: Jan. 7, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to New Art Thread 2013-03-31 14:05:52 Reply

Okay, so after reading this I was writing like a huge irritated rant, but then I had this creeping feeling that a mod had written it before me a long time ago. So let me just say this:
You are an extremely rude prat to helpful people. Your inane fear of cocks is completely and utterly ridiculous and you come across as a homophobe. You really do draw the same shit over and over.
And with those three powers combined, I summon Newgrounds' greatest champion: Captain FuckThisShit. You have lost another person to give you advice.

Absinthe
Absinthe
  • Member since: Aug. 13, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Artist
Response to New Art Thread 2013-03-31 14:18:33 Reply

At 3/31/13 02:05 PM, Morthagg wrote: I summon Newgrounds' greatest champion: Captain FuckThisShit. You have lost another person to give you advice.

so you mind checking out my thread? I would really enjoy some feedback.


3DS FC: 4442-0200-7535
So yeah follow this neat little do-dad to get a free trip to my Art Thread. I also endorse Retsupurae on my own volition

BBS Signature
IloveNantes
IloveNantes
  • Member since: May. 12, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to New Art Thread 2013-04-01 17:22:19 Reply

At 3/31/13 02:18 PM, Absinthe wrote: so you mind checking out my thread? I would really enjoy some feedback.

my feedback is that your art is good


be my fan... because.

sirhenrystudios
sirhenrystudios
  • Member since: Aug. 31, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Animator
Response to New Art Thread 2013-04-01 18:06:33 Reply

At 3/31/13 02:18 PM, Absinthe wrote:
At 3/31/13 02:05 PM, Morthagg wrote: I summon Newgrounds' greatest champion: Captain FuckThisShit. You have lost another person to give you advice.
so you mind checking out my thread? I would really enjoy some feedback.

cmon man, why do you keep linking to your thread in his? Then you outright ask for someone to give you feedback on your art in his thread, pretty sure If you wanted to ask someone for feedback, your art thread would be the best place to do so, seriously dude. Better yet, you could have simply pm'ed Morthagg


"Colors, like features, follow the changes of the emotions."

BBS Signature
IloveNantes
IloveNantes
  • Member since: May. 12, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to New Art Thread 2013-04-01 18:35:06 Reply

At 4/1/13 06:06 PM, sirhenrystudios wrote:
At 3/31/13 02:18 PM, Absinthe wrote:
At 3/31/13 02:05 PM, Morthagg wrote: I summon Newgrounds' greatest champion: Captain FuckThisShit. You have lost another person to give you advice.
so you mind checking out my thread? I would really enjoy some feedback.
cmon man, why do you keep linking to your thread in his? Then you outright ask for someone to give you feedback on your art in his thread, pretty sure If you wanted to ask someone for feedback, your art thread would be the best place to do so, seriously dude. Better yet, you could have simply pm'ed Morthagg

this is true... but especially taking in this nice fellow's background and past history (kiwisundae's) its become very hard for other users to hold on to the forum etiquette in OP's thread.


be my fan... because.

sirhenrystudios
sirhenrystudios
  • Member since: Aug. 31, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Animator
Response to New Art Thread 2013-04-01 18:42:45 Reply

At 4/1/13 06:35 PM, IloveNantes wrote:
At 4/1/13 06:06 PM, sirhenrystudios wrote:
At 3/31/13 02:18 PM, Absinthe wrote:
At 3/31/13 02:05 PM, Morthagg wrote: I summon Newgrounds' greatest champion: Captain FuckThisShit. You have lost another person to give you advice.
so you mind checking out my thread? I would really enjoy some feedback.
cmon man, why do you keep linking to your thread in his? Then you outright ask for someone to give you feedback on your art in his thread, pretty sure If you wanted to ask someone for feedback, your art thread would be the best place to do so, seriously dude. Better yet, you could have simply pm'ed Morthagg
this is true... but especially taking in this nice fellow's background and past history (kiwisundae's) its become very hard for other users to hold on to the forum etiquette in OP's thread.

that's the biggest load of shit I've ever heard, just because he's an ass sometimes, doesn't mean people can start asking for shit in his thread dude, thats not right man


"Colors, like features, follow the changes of the emotions."

BBS Signature
Rumsworth
Rumsworth
  • Member since: Mar. 25, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Art Lover
Response to New Art Thread 2013-04-01 18:45:21 Reply

Welcome to Kiwisundae's thread, I see you've got a reservation. Our special this evening is OP being annoying, with a side of OP fearing his own genitals.

IloveNantes
IloveNantes
  • Member since: May. 12, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to New Art Thread 2013-04-01 19:02:23 Reply

At 4/1/13 06:42 PM, sirhenrystudios wrote: that's the biggest load of shit I've ever heard, just because he's an ass sometimes, doesn't mean people can start asking for shit in his thread dude, thats not right man

look man, I know this will seem like I'm just shrugging off what you said and maybe a tad condescending but... I admire your fresh youth in this thread. Word of advice? Do. Not. Give. Him. Your. Time.

Believe me, you will walk away with an empty bag feeling cheated because a jerk decided to say "fuck that loser's critique my art is better than that shit hurhur hurr"

In short: Kiwi (aka Hiryugouki) is abusive and not worth anyone's time or help.

for clarity: read this and while the actual critique itself is long, the comment thread is what shows his true colors (kiwi's).


be my fan... because.

sirhenrystudios
sirhenrystudios
  • Member since: Aug. 31, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Animator
Response to New Art Thread 2013-04-01 19:11:35 Reply

At 4/1/13 07:02 PM, IloveNantes wrote:
At 4/1/13 06:42 PM, sirhenrystudios wrote: that's the biggest load of shit I've ever heard, just because he's an ass sometimes, doesn't mean people can start asking for shit in his thread dude, thats not right man
look man, I know this will seem like I'm just shrugging off what you said and maybe a tad condescending but... I admire your fresh youth in this thread. Word of advice? Do. Not. Give. Him. Your. Time.

Believe me, you will walk away with an empty bag feeling cheated because a jerk decided to say "fuck that loser's critique my art is better than that shit hurhur hurr"

In short: Kiwi (aka Hiryugouki) is abusive and not worth anyone's time or help.

for clarity: read this and while the actual critique itself is long, the comment thread is what shows his true colors (kiwi's).

I will only say this, you and everyone else that's so worried about what he's doing/not doing is giving him your time by posting in his thread, even if its about stupid non-sense. This isn't like, an advert for everyone art threads either


"Colors, like features, follow the changes of the emotions."

BBS Signature
Absinthe
Absinthe
  • Member since: Aug. 13, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Artist
Response to New Art Thread 2013-04-01 19:20:35 Reply

At 4/1/13 06:06 PM, sirhenrystudios wrote:
cmon man, why do you keep linking to your thread in his? Then you outright ask for someone to give you feedback on your art in his thread, pretty sure If you wanted to ask someone for feedback, your art thread would be the best place to do so, seriously dude. Better yet, you could have simply pm'ed Morthagg

It was meant to be ironic to what he used to do. Fighting fire with fire type mentality, it was stupid, and I won' do it again. I meant no harm.


3DS FC: 4442-0200-7535
So yeah follow this neat little do-dad to get a free trip to my Art Thread. I also endorse Retsupurae on my own volition

BBS Signature
KiwiSundae
KiwiSundae
  • Member since: Dec. 4, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to New Art Thread 2013-04-02 01:00:41 Reply

For whatever reason, I feel I must address this. For all of the hostility I have given ANYONE, I apologize. It was wrong for me not to obey the forum etiquette and therefore, I will only be posting sketches from now on; nothing more. Feel free to comment at your discretion, but do not expect a reply.

I personally thank anyone who has taken the effort to so much as tolerate my behavior/me period. This is not an April Fool's Joke; I am dead fucking serious about this one. Seriously, do not expect a reply from me, but you are free to discuss my works at your discretion.


The time for making a webcomic is now..Introducing...

BBS Signature
KiwiSundae
KiwiSundae
  • Member since: Dec. 4, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to New Art Thread 2013-04-02 01:04:19 Reply

At 4/1/13 07:20 PM, Absinthe wrote:
At 4/1/13 06:06 PM, sirhenrystudios wrote:
cmon man, why do you keep linking to your thread in his? Then you outright ask for someone to give you feedback on your art in his thread, pretty sure If you wanted to ask someone for feedback, your art thread would be the best place to do so, seriously dude. Better yet, you could have simply pm'ed Morthagg
It was meant to be ironic to what he used to do. Fighting fire with fire type mentality, it was stupid, and I won' do it again. I meant no harm.

This is my last reply to you, before I stop replying to people's replies period. I thank you for everything you have done for me. Though, I don't show it, and I may treat you unfairly, and this goes for people like Escalus, TOAS, and others who I may have attacked out of personal fear and hesitation to take what you say seriously, I really am sorry for what I have done in the past. I originally meant no harm at all, but instead, I turned into a laughing stock for my attitude. For that, I apologize and promise to stick to art. It may not be what you want to see half the time, but I will improve over time. And perhaps, in three years I will get into art school, but only if I make the effort to do so.

Again, I am sorry for what I have done.

Do not expect replies to this message.


The time for making a webcomic is now..Introducing...

BBS Signature
KiwiSundae
KiwiSundae
  • Member since: Dec. 4, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to New Art Thread 2013-04-02 01:12:32 Reply

I want everyone to read this newspost in regards to my behavior and conduct on this thread. In a week's time, I would like this thread to be deleted so I can start afresh so that we may all put this little "mistake" behind us.

http://kiwisundae.newgrounds.com/news/post/835394

Thank you for your time.

TurkeyOnAStick, I want to see how others react to this post, so please do not delete it; I humbly ask of you this favor. In a week's time, though, I would like to have this thread deleted so I can start over.

Thank you.


The time for making a webcomic is now..Introducing...

BBS Signature
KiwiSundae
KiwiSundae
  • Member since: Dec. 4, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to New Art Thread 2013-04-03 23:43:46 Reply

I did something a little different this time. However, as I said, you will be the judge of that.

New Art Thread


The time for making a webcomic is now..Introducing...

BBS Signature
KiwiSundae
KiwiSundae
  • Member since: Dec. 4, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to New Art Thread 2013-04-04 00:03:30 Reply

A quick anatomy study. Trying new poses is actually kinda fun in a way.

New Art Thread


The time for making a webcomic is now..Introducing...

BBS Signature
TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Member since: Aug. 8, 2005
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 25
Artist
Response to New Art Thread 2013-04-04 03:53:16 Reply

At 4/2/13 01:12 AM, KiwiSundae wrote: TurkeyOnAStick, I want to see how others react to this post, so please do not delete it; I humbly ask of you this favor. In a week's time, though, I would like to have this thread deleted so I can start over.

You must be joking.


BBS Signature
Rumsworth
Rumsworth
  • Member since: Mar. 25, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Art Lover
Response to New Art Thread 2013-04-04 09:26:37 Reply

I think we've broken OP...

KiwiSundae
KiwiSundae
  • Member since: Dec. 4, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to New Art Thread 2013-04-04 12:58:22 Reply

Absinthe already requested that I draw Megan Fox realistically. I will do this, but nor before I do some more pose studies. But, I want everyone's input.

Which female (hint female) celebrity do you want me to attempt to draw realistically? I plan to draw these celebrities realistically twice a month from now until I get into art school.


The time for making a webcomic is now..Introducing...

BBS Signature
IloveNantes
IloveNantes
  • Member since: May. 12, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to New Art Thread 2013-04-04 13:02:38 Reply

At 4/4/13 12:58 PM, KiwiSundae wrote: Absinthe already requested that I draw Megan Fox realistically. I will do this, but nor before I do some more pose studies. But, I want everyone's input.

Which female (hint female) celebrity do you want me to attempt to draw realistically? I plan to draw these celebrities realistically twice a month from now until I get into art school.

Chris Hemsworth


be my fan... because.

Rumsworth
Rumsworth
  • Member since: Mar. 25, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Art Lover
Response to New Art Thread 2013-04-04 13:28:05 Reply

Chris Hemsworth

KiwiSundae
KiwiSundae
  • Member since: Dec. 4, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to New Art Thread 2013-04-04 14:06:02 Reply

At 4/4/13 01:05 PM, Amaranthus wrote:
At 4/4/13 12:58 PM, KiwiSundae wrote:
Why exactly female only?
You really need some practice at male anatomy as well.
Not that I know what I'm talking about.

I know, I know, but for now, I want to stick with female anatomy. I want to do one at a time because each has unique features. Besides, I am attracted to women. After I am done with whatever female celebrity gets more votes, I will switch out the gender between each celebrity and attempt to draw them realistically every two weeks or so. I am sick and tired of low scores, so I am going to practice for a month, but even AFTER that, I will continue to draw/paint celebrities realistically because I WANT THOSE HIGH SCORES!!! Hell, even after that month, I may still be practicing in-between pieces! I am going to do EVERY SINGLE THING I have failed to do since I joined this site, and those high scores will finally be mine!


The time for making a webcomic is now..Introducing...

BBS Signature
KiwiSundae
KiwiSundae
  • Member since: Dec. 4, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to New Art Thread 2013-04-04 14:08:47 Reply

My dream is to get into art school, and I am going to DO EVERYTHING to make that happen in the next two or three years! I am counting on you guys to be as harsh as need be, even with stylized works! Critique my studies if you have to! I want to get into art school and become a well-rounded digital artist, but I also want to pursue animation and comics, but I need you to critique and force me to improve to make that happen!


The time for making a webcomic is now..Introducing...

BBS Signature
KiwiSundae
KiwiSundae
  • Member since: Dec. 4, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to New Art Thread 2013-04-04 14:26:11 Reply

At 4/4/13 02:09 PM, Amaranthus wrote:
At 4/4/13 02:06 PM, KiwiSundae wrote:
At 4/4/13 01:05 PM, Amaranthus wrote:
At 4/4/13 12:58 PM, KiwiSundae wrote:
Besides, I am attracted to women.

Oh my god, I can't draw guys, dude, I'm not gay!!!!
That's one of the most retarded reasons I've ever heard.

Okay, so that came off a little retarded. Okay here's a better reason: I like drawing curves. And relax, you will get your men as well, just not now.


The time for making a webcomic is now..Introducing...

BBS Signature