• 9 Replies
KiwiSundae
KiwiSundae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Please Let Me Stay 2013-01-27 14:06:36

Anyway, I wish to come back here to request some feedback on some pieces I have made. I know for a fact that I am improving bit by bit and am going to start drawing character references for various stories I want to work on this year. So, please. Let me keep this thread, and please let me stay on the art forum. I will post all of comic practice, all of my character references, etc as they get finished. Again, please let me stay.

I will not reject any criticism, I will not whine about criticism. I will not justify any mistakes as stylization. I will listen (or at least try to) to honest feedback, and whatever mistakes I make will be rectified in later pieces. So, this is me pleading for you, the admins to let me stay here.

Also, here is some of my latest work:

I will also post some comic practice as well as some sample plots for you guys.

Please Let Me Stay

The time for making a webcomic is now..Introducing...

BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Please Let Me Stay 2013-01-27 14:36:30

Dude, just start a new thread and disregard everything. If you do keep this thread its not going to make very much sense with an opening statement like this 6 months from now.

You don't need to beg, just post your art again, but dont make the same mistakes you made prior.

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
KiwiSundae
KiwiSundae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Please Let Me Stay 2013-01-27 14:38:57

At 1/27/13 02:36 PM, sweet21 wrote: Dude, just start a new thread and disregard everything. If you do keep this thread its not going to make very much sense with an opening statement like this 6 months from now.

You don't need to beg, just post your art again, but dont make the same mistakes you made prior.

Got it. Oh, I might have access to a scanner sometime soon, which means I will be able to post comic pages. I am already practicing drawing comics, anyway.

Also, in regards to comics, I want to start with something simple; a comedy about a married lesbian couple.

BBS Signature
KiwiSundae
KiwiSundae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Please Let Me Stay 2013-01-27 14:43:54

I'm sorry about the title of the thread, guys. I just feel kinda bad for my actions prior to this thread; I felt I had to make the title the way it was to make sure the admins know that I genuinely AM sorry for what I have done in the past, so they won't ban me. So, sorry about that. I will have this thread deleted post haste and will start over with no mention of past events; like Sweet21 says I should do.

BBS Signature
gayhobbit
gayhobbit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Artist
Response to Please Let Me Stay 2013-01-27 14:44:00

Bad past ventures yeah? None to worry this time around friend. We can start with a comment about your first sketch there. It's obviously meant to be stylized so not much to be said on the anatomy. The only thing that really looks off is the size of the head. It is very large, even for anime I must declare. I have some experience in the art of comics, if just web comics. If you're doing this just for the hell of it, then disregard my next comment. If this is a portfolio work of artistic expression you're doing however, so far you are already sinking deep into the line of cliche's with your art and will not stand out as an artist. You should see what other artists are doing, do some research. I have links to such information if you want them. Good luck to you.

KiwiSundae
KiwiSundae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Please Let Me Stay 2013-01-27 14:45:42

At 1/27/13 02:44 PM, gayhobbit wrote: Bad past ventures yeah? None to worry this time around friend. We can start with a comment about your first sketch there. It's obviously meant to be stylized so not much to be said on the anatomy. The only thing that really looks off is the size of the head. It is very large, even for anime I must declare. I have some experience in the art of comics, if just web comics. If you're doing this just for the hell of it, then disregard my next comment. If this is a portfolio work of artistic expression you're doing however, so far you are already sinking deep into the line of cliche's with your art and will not stand out as an artist. You should see what other artists are doing, do some research. I have links to such information if you want them. Good luck to you.

Yeah, I think that would be very helpful. Oh, and this is for Escalus:

Sorry about that, but Newgrounds hasn't exactly seen my newest stuff I have on DA yet, which is why I tend to post that stuff, but if it bothers you, I'll stop doing it. Thank you.

BBS Signature
gayhobbit
gayhobbit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Artist
Response to Please Let Me Stay 2013-01-27 14:58:58

Here's what I have for you then:

This site has news about web comics and comics in general, as well has helpful tips for artists and writers: http://www.webcomicalliance.com/

This blog is hardly updated anymore, but the author gives tips by showing where other comics have failed: http://learnfromwebcomics.tumblr.com/

This is someone's journal full of sources for someone starting out:
Comic artists tools and resources
comic artists tools and resources 2
common first time mistakes - paneling and lettering

gayhobbit
gayhobbit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Artist
Response to Please Let Me Stay 2013-01-27 14:59:59

That last link didn't get posted. Here it is again.

paneling and lettering

TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Artist
Response to Please Let Me Stay 2013-01-27 15:30:53

At 1/27/13 02:43 PM, KiwiSundae wrote: I will have this thread deleted post haste and will start over with no mention of past events; like Sweet21 says I should do.

Funnily enough, Sweet21 isn't the one who has to forgive you. It's the rest of the art forum with your childish antics.
This thread isn't going to be deleted, either, because I'm going to make this absolutely clear to you and everybody else.

As soon as you slip up again, which includes getting into a fight with another user, giving somebody grief, or behaviour that is close to attention seeking, you will be hit with 30 day ban.

This is a slim life-line, but you're not getting second chances anymore. The other mods are also fully aware of the type of person that you are, as well, so don't bother seeking solace.

Start a new art thread.

BBS Signature