New Topic Respond to this Topic
CaptainQuartz
CaptainQuartz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to What is so great about Last.fm? 2013-01-27 15:18:16 Reply

I used to be more active on Last.FM for the Radio service it offers, plus the scrobbling is nice.

However; the overall quality of music on there doesn't really hold up, imo, to what stuff like Pandora and Slacker Radio generates.

It's a bit of a double-edged sword imo.

dymck1
dymck1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to What is so great about Last.fm? 2013-01-27 15:20:41 Reply

I like last.fm and use it, although no matter how hard I try to get it to scrobble with itunes, it just won't, which is a shame, cause that's the largest source of where I listen to music, so my listening is a little inaccurate.

zag
zag
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Writer
Response to What is so great about Last.fm? 2013-01-27 15:20:43 Reply

I use Last.fm because it's a nice way to find new musical artists.
If you didn't like it, you probably either used it wrong or you don't like music.
Also, I can use it on my Xbox 360, which is nice.

BBS Signature
KillerSkull
KillerSkull
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Gamer
Response to What is so great about Last.fm? 2013-01-27 15:26:11 Reply

At 1/27/13 03:01 PM, Slint wrote: Oh wow I'm sure you discover tons of new bands every day by talking to your peers.
Also, how do your peers get to know such bands?

Actually I have thank you very much. I was introduced to many new genre thanks to shop owners. And who gives a fuck how they found out about their music. It's not about how they found out, this is about how I found out.

The answer though, is through their upbringing. But you know, they only run a music store, but that can't possibly play a role in discovering new music right?
Slint
Slint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Audiophile
Response to What is so great about Last.fm? 2013-01-27 15:35:40 Reply

At 1/27/13 03:26 PM, KillerSkull wrote:
At 1/27/13 03:01 PM, Slint wrote: Oh wow I'm sure you discover tons of new bands every day by talking to your peers.
Also, how do your peers get to know such bands?
Actually I have thank you very much. I was introduced to many new genre thanks to shop owners. And who gives a fuck how they found out about their music. It's not about how they found out, this is about how I found out.

You missed the point, shithat. I meant they probably found out through last fm.

The answer though, is through their upbringing. But you know, they only run a music store, but that can't possibly play a role in discovering new music right?

You can discover whatever in a music store, but a site that recommends you stuff based on your library, in a matter of seconds, and let's you hear a bit of the songs that are recommended also in a matter of seconds?

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.
You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.
ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature
Darthdenim
Darthdenim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to What is so great about Last.fm? 2013-01-27 15:38:49 Reply

I don't even know what that is.

KillerSkull
KillerSkull
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Gamer
Response to What is so great about Last.fm? 2013-01-27 15:42:59 Reply

I like how no one realized that me generalizing rock was just an example. I also like how everyone got butt hurt that I mentioned the site was broken FIVE fucking years ago.

Klik
Klik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Audiophile
Response to What is so great about Last.fm? 2013-01-27 15:47:21 Reply

At 1/27/13 03:42 PM, KillerSkull wrote: I like how no one realized that me generalizing rock was just an example. I also like how everyone got butt hurt that I mentioned the site was broken FIVE fucking years ago.

Christians: 1
Atheists: 0

notYert
notYert
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Melancholy
Response to What is so great about Last.fm? 2013-01-27 16:08:02 Reply

At 1/27/13 03:26 PM, KillerSkull wrote: Actually I have thank you very much. I was introduced to many new genre thanks to shop owners. And who gives a fuck how they found out about their music. It's not about how they found out, this is about how I found out.

but you like rammstein so i dont think you should be allowed to have an opinion on music anyway

BBS Signature
Dromedary
Dromedary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to What is so great about Last.fm? 2013-01-27 16:25:38 Reply

At 1/27/13 03:42 PM, KillerSkull wrote: I like how no one realized that me generalizing rock was just an example. I also like how everyone got butt hurt that I mentioned the site was broken FIVE fucking years ago.

you are such a tit

IMO lastfm is shite for streaming, i don't know why any sane person would use it solely for that. all the different charts/recommendations/friend compatability things are great though

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature
argile
argile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to What is so great about Last.fm? 2013-01-27 17:41:37 Reply

At 1/27/13 04:25 PM, Dromedary wrote:
you are such a tit

IMO lastfm is shite for streaming, i don't know why any sane person would use it solely for that. all the different charts/recommendations/friend compatability things are great though

Spotify's atleast got a better coverage in there library always hated coming across fake covers and Re Recordings that seem to be a plague for oldies in last.fm radio

BrockManson
BrockManson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Writer
Response to What is so great about Last.fm? 2013-01-27 18:13:22 Reply

It's dreadful now that there's a skip system.

If I don't like a song, I don't want to listen to it. If I've banned a track, I don't expect it to play time and time again, thereby wasting these valuable skips.

Shame, as it's a great source of finding new music.

Some people feel content to pour syrup on shit and call it pancakes their whole lives.

JBK
JBK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Gamer
Response to What is so great about Last.fm? 2013-01-27 18:37:10 Reply

It was amazing years ago. Before they were attacked and had all these restrictions added and mass stream removals. The great thing about last.fm is you can add me on it.

"Even though you hate gays, believe in god, and dislike my posts, I still think you're cool"-FurryFox
"TarahlovesJBKscawk"-Tarah, "Those pants are just adorable"-Gagsy
Last.fm

BBS Signature
Geoffthebunchie
Geoffthebunchie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Gamer
Response to What is so great about Last.fm? 2013-01-27 18:48:36 Reply

I always thought the site was for streaming music. Thanks for clearing that up.

BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to What is so great about Last.fm? 2013-01-27 19:48:24 Reply

Its for statwhores, people who like to find new music that is similar to what they already listen to and for people who like to talk to other fans. I dont use it though.

BasedBubbus
BasedBubbus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to What is so great about Last.fm? 2013-01-27 22:30:23 Reply

lol wow killerskull
anyway, i use last.fm when i want to find now artists

I'm a single father and a multimillionaire.

BBS Signature
TheGlockGroup
TheGlockGroup
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to What is so great about Last.fm? 2013-01-27 22:38:08 Reply

last.fm is for forming reality tunnels with listeners who are just like you so you won't feel so alone

saqwert
saqwert
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to What is so great about Last.fm? 2013-01-27 23:22:53 Reply

It's not great
But it has led me to discovr some pretty cool bands I think

Hikky-Dikky
Hikky-Dikky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Gamer
Response to What is so great about Last.fm? 2013-01-31 00:19:29 Reply

I like the idea of a site that tracks all your music listening but holy God do I hate the Scrobbler. Mostly because it doesn't fucking work at all anymore and it freezes every time it launches.

TheColourAwesome
TheColourAwesome
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to What is so great about Last.fm? 2013-01-31 00:24:00 Reply

I'm starting to dislike it. I hate that people can see what I listen for some reason. It is a very nice platform though. Great for find and just talking about music. I put my radio on a lot of the time and just chill.

At 1/27/13 02:14 PM, KillerSkull wrote: I use something better than last.fm. It's called the original CDs.

what the fuck? Are you retarded? Do you know what last.fm is? I bet you have shit tastes and own like three CD's.

BBS Signature
TheColourAwesome
TheColourAwesome
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to What is so great about Last.fm? 2013-01-31 00:26:35 Reply

At 1/27/13 03:20 PM, dymck1 wrote: I like last.fm and use it, although no matter how hard I try to get it to scrobble with itunes, it just won't, which is a shame, cause that's the largest source of where I listen to music, so my listening is a little inaccurate.

ITunnes is so bad, really. I'm very happy I finally got my music sorted out and switched to Winamp. You wont know how shit iTunes is until you use any other music player for a week or so.

BBS Signature
Tstelie
Tstelie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to What is so great about Last.fm? 2013-01-31 00:49:31 Reply

i think that website is pretty creepy theres probably a lot of stalkers on that site

zag
zag
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Writer
Response to What is so great about Last.fm? 2013-01-31 00:57:30 Reply

At 1/31/13 12:24 AM, TheColourAwesome wrote: I hate that people can see what I listen for some reason.

Why does that matter? It's not like it hinders your ability to listen.
If anything, that only makes the website more community/friend oriented. It's fun to see what your friends are listening to.

what the fuck? Are you retarded? Do you know what last.fm is? I bet you have shit tastes and own like three CD's.

u.u
You fucking hypocrite.

BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to What is so great about Last.fm? 2013-01-31 00:59:47 Reply

Guys guys, come on.

Some people use youtube, some people use itunes, some people use CD's, some people use all three. The real question is, does it really matter?

TAB
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping
"xenomit is well... xenomit" ~ General consensus

BBS Signature
zag
zag
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Writer
Response to What is so great about Last.fm? 2013-01-31 01:01:20 Reply

At 1/31/13 12:59 AM, Xenomit wrote: Guys guys, come on.

Some people use youtube, some people use itunes, some people use CD's, some people use all three. The real question is, does it really matter?

Not really.
Last.fm is convenient, but I can see where a lot of people wouldn't like it.
At the same time, there's no reason to advertise your feelings about its uselessness either. That's why all of this erupted. Still, it is quite ridiculous.

BBS Signature
TheColourAwesome
TheColourAwesome
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to What is so great about Last.fm? 2013-01-31 01:10:43 Reply

At 1/31/13 12:57 AM, zag wrote: Why does that matter? It's not like it hinders your ability to listen.

Of course not. I didn't say it made sense. Just nerves.

If anything, that only makes the website more community/friend oriented. It's fun to see what your friends are listening to.

Sure, your opinion.

u.u
You fucking hypocrite.

How am I being hypocritical?

BBS Signature
zag
zag
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Writer
Response to What is so great about Last.fm? 2013-01-31 01:16:25 Reply

At 1/31/13 01:10 AM, TheColourAwesome wrote:
At 1/31/13 12:57 AM, zag wrote: Why does that matter? It's not like it hinders your ability to listen.
Of course not. I didn't say it made sense. Just nerves.

Fair enough

Sure, your opinion.

It creates another form of passive interaction with people you communicate with on a potentially semi-regular basis. Whether it's your cup of tea or not, it does make the website more friend oriented. How fun that happens to be for one person is a matter of opinion though.

u.u
You fucking hypocrite.
How am I being hypocritical?

The fact that you call me ignorant because I insult a genre (or two) of music, that I'm just not fond of, and then you turn around insult another person's taste in music, which you don't even know. Practice what you preach.

BBS Signature
TheColourAwesome
TheColourAwesome
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to What is so great about Last.fm? 2013-01-31 01:23:48 Reply

At 1/31/13 01:16 AM, zag wrote: It creates another form of passive interaction with people you communicate with on a potentially semi-regular basis. Whether it's your cup of tea or not, it does make the website more friend oriented. How fun that happens to be for one person is a matter of opinion though.

Yes, I know this. But I find it scary that something that was just something I did is now being looked at and judged.
I know what you're going to say. But you're judging Killer. Nah, just an empty insult.

The fact that you call me ignorant because I insult a genre (or two) of music, that I'm just not fond of, and then you turn around insult another person's taste in music, which you don't even know. Practice what you preach.

ha, I can me hypocritical sometimes. I didn't really mean it. I was just annoyed.

BBS Signature
DarkMatter
DarkMatter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Animator
Response to What is so great about Last.fm? 2013-01-31 01:25:01 Reply

I'm terrible with music.

WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO THAT DUDE WITH THE RED HAT BROWN TRENCH COAT AND SHOTGUN?!?! I miss the old ASSASSIN days. Click Me

BBS Signature
TheColourAwesome
TheColourAwesome
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to What is so great about Last.fm? 2013-01-31 01:26:07 Reply

At 1/31/13 01:25 AM, DarkMatter wrote: I'm terrible with music.

How does one terrible with music?

BBS Signature