New Topic Respond to this Topic
Geoffthebunchie
Geoffthebunchie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Gamer
What is so great about Last.fm? 2013-01-27 13:21:38 Reply

Why does almost everyone on this forum use Last.fm? When I tried to use it a couple years ago, it was terrible.

Oolaph
Oolaph
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to What is so great about Last.fm? 2013-01-27 13:23:38 Reply

It's nice to be able to keep track of what you've listened to and to see what your friends listen to.

It's not useful or anything, just fun.

BBS Signature
Figter
Figter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Animator
Response to What is so great about Last.fm? 2013-01-27 13:28:42 Reply

Never ever understood it..

Some signature thingy here!
Sig by Cagedsilhouette :3
Join me in the feilds of justice.

BBS Signature
SubparTony
SubparTony
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to What is so great about Last.fm? 2013-01-27 13:36:09 Reply

Would be fun to have one. But no one here knows it. I also listen to some really terrible music according to many people.

Bitte Nazi mods keine bannerino, weil ich ein Nazi Schwein als ihr bin. Danke schön!

BBS Signature
Viper
Viper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 35
Musician
Response to What is so great about Last.fm? 2013-01-27 13:39:34 Reply

At 1/27/13 01:23 PM, Oolaph wrote: It's nice to be able to keep track of what you've listened to and to see what your friends listen to.

It's not useful or anything, just fun.

Yeah pretty much this.
It's also a great place to find new bands. For example if you listen to a certain band they'll give you recommendations based on that specific artist and whatnot.

Formally known as Viper50
When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.
Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
KillerSkull
KillerSkull
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Gamer
Response to What is so great about Last.fm? 2013-01-27 14:14:33 Reply

I use something better than last.fm. It's called the original CDs.

Oolaph
Oolaph
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to What is so great about Last.fm? 2013-01-27 14:16:44 Reply

At 1/27/13 02:14 PM, KillerSkull wrote: I use something better than last.fm. It's called the original CDs.

I have a question.

Do you know what Last.fm is?

BBS Signature
simon
simon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to What is so great about Last.fm? 2013-01-27 14:25:33 Reply

At 1/27/13 02:14 PM, KillerSkull wrote: I use something better than last.fm. It's called the original CDs.

You use your CDs for last.fm.

derp

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Playstation ID: SCParry || Steam ID: GNS_SimpLe
3DS Friend Code: 2878-9581-7218 || Nintendo ID: SCParry

BBS Signature
notYert
notYert
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Melancholy
Response to What is so great about Last.fm? 2013-01-27 14:26:42 Reply

haha, you're a fucking retard

BBS Signature
AnotherOtto
AnotherOtto
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Movie Buff
Response to What is so great about Last.fm? 2013-01-27 14:26:49 Reply

After tracking over 40k songs, mine decided to stop working. I have not used it since. I totally forget it exists.

I'm not banned, this is just where I'm vulgar.

BBS Signature
KillerSkull
KillerSkull
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Gamer
Response to What is so great about Last.fm? 2013-01-27 14:27:50 Reply

At 1/27/13 02:25 PM, simon wrote:
You use your CDs for last.fm.

derp

Why do that when I can just listen to them without last.fm?

hurradurr.
Viper
Viper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 35
Musician
Response to What is so great about Last.fm? 2013-01-27 14:36:03 Reply

At 1/27/13 02:27 PM, KillerSkull wrote: Why do that when I can just listen to them without last.fm?

hurradurr.

I'm seriously curious as to what you think last.fm does/is for....

Formally known as Viper50
When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.
Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
KillerSkull
KillerSkull
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Gamer
Response to What is so great about Last.fm? 2013-01-27 14:38:53 Reply

At 1/27/13 02:36 PM, Viper50 wrote:
At 1/27/13 02:27 PM, KillerSkull wrote: Why do that when I can just listen to them without last.fm?

hurradurr.

I tried it a long time ago. It seemed to be some broken website for streaming music. The thing is, I would want it to stream, say, rock and it would stream pop or whatever the fuck it felt like.

stupid website.
Sword-of-Kings
Sword-of-Kings
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 21
Gamer
Response to What is so great about Last.fm? 2013-01-27 14:39:49 Reply

At 1/27/13 01:36 PM, tonypar16 wrote: I also listen to some really terrible music according to many people.

This.

Oolaph
Oolaph
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to What is so great about Last.fm? 2013-01-27 14:44:27 Reply

At 1/27/13 02:38 PM, KillerSkull wrote: I tried it a long time ago. It seemed to be some broken website for streaming music. The thing is, I would want it to stream, say, rock and it would stream pop or whatever the fuck it felt like.

stupid website.

Last.fm is about finding new music based on music you already find enjoyable. It determines this by keeping a record of what you listen to and finding artists with many similar tags to ones you listen to often. Yes, there's a radio, but that isn't the focus of it.

Also, if you were using a tag as unspecific as "rock" and expecting to get a consistent sound between all of the artists it played, you're truly an idiot.

BBS Signature
notYert
notYert
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Melancholy
Response to What is so great about Last.fm? 2013-01-27 14:48:32 Reply

At 1/27/13 02:38 PM, KillerSkull wrote:
At 1/27/13 02:36 PM, Viper50 wrote:

hurradurr.
I tried it a long time ago. It seemed to be some broken website for streaming music. The thing is, I would want it to stream, say, rock and it would stream pop or whatever the fuck it felt like.

stupid website.

you're a fucking moron for a few reasons, let me explain them to you

first of all, last.fm is about scrobbling albums/songs that YOU listen to from YOUR computer and then the site recommends you new artists that you may like based off of that. it is not about streaming music. listening to the last.fm radio is stupid and you shouldn't even do it anyway. and secondly, you're a fucking monogoloid for thinking that you will get specific music from a tag like "rock", you fucking mongoloid.

fuck you. you're stupid. get the fuck out.

BBS Signature
Oolaph
Oolaph
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to What is so great about Last.fm? 2013-01-27 14:50:41 Reply

At 1/27/13 02:48 PM, notYert wrote: fuck you. you're stupid. get the fuck out.

yert bby i've got this under ctrl just calm down pls

BBS Signature
KillerSkull
KillerSkull
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Gamer
Response to What is so great about Last.fm? 2013-01-27 14:51:59 Reply

At 1/27/13 02:44 PM, Oolaph wrote: Also, if you were using a tag as unspecific as "rock" and expecting to get a consistent sound between all of the artists it played, you're truly an idiot.

No, if I'm using a tag like "rock" and I'm getting a different genre (I'm not expecting a consistent sound, I'm expecting something of the same genre) then the site is broken. If I'm expecting rock, and I'm getting Justin Bieber, that's not rock, now is it you moron?

Also, I'm willing to try the site again, seeing as it was new when I last used it. But I still see it as pointless. If I want to discover new music, I'll do it the old fashioned way: by actually getting involved in the music community.

Slint
Slint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Audiophile
Response to What is so great about Last.fm? 2013-01-27 14:53:37 Reply

Yes it's terrible stay away from it please, it's all the better without retards.

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.
You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.
ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature
Slint
Slint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Audiophile
Response to What is so great about Last.fm? 2013-01-27 14:54:39 Reply

At 1/27/13 02:51 PM, KillerSkull wrote: Also, I'm willing to try the site again, seeing as it was new when I last used it. But I still see it as pointless. If I want to discover new music, I'll do it the old fashioned way: by actually getting involved in the music community.

How the fuck does that even work? How do you get "involved in the music community" any better than last fm?

BBS Signature
KillerSkull
KillerSkull
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Gamer
Response to What is so great about Last.fm? 2013-01-27 14:55:42 Reply

At 1/27/13 02:54 PM, Slint wrote:
At 1/27/13 02:51 PM, KillerSkull wrote: Also, I'm willing to try the site again, seeing as it was new when I last used it. But I still see it as pointless. If I want to discover new music, I'll do it the old fashioned way: by actually getting involved in the music community.
How the fuck does that even work? How do you get "involved in the music community" any better than last fm?

I dunno, maybe a little something called human interaction. Believe it or not, some people like doing that.

Oolaph
Oolaph
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to What is so great about Last.fm? 2013-01-27 14:56:48 Reply

At 1/27/13 02:51 PM, KillerSkull wrote: No, if I'm using a tag like "rock" and I'm getting a different genre (I'm not expecting a consistent sound, I'm expecting something of the same genre) then the site is broken. If I'm expecting rock, and I'm getting Justin Bieber, that's not rock, now is it you moron?

I don't think you understand how genre tags work. If an artist or song uses any sort of rock influenced sound or structure in their music, they're bound to have "rock" somewhere in their list of tags. And considering "rock" is such a broad term, you're bound to get quite a variety of genres, yes, even that dreaded pop music.

Also, I'm willing to try the site again, seeing as it was new when I last used it. But I still see it as pointless. If I want to discover new music, I'll do it the old fashioned way: by actually getting involved in the music community.

Last.fm is part of the "music community", it allows you to share your listening habits and talk to others about what you've been listening to. That's the whole point of the friend feature. I suggest you stay away from the site as a whole, though. We don't need you shitting up the place.

BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to What is so great about Last.fm? 2013-01-27 14:57:56 Reply

I tried using last.fm once. all I remember is not liking it because all it did was give me 30 second clips and then gave me an ad to buy it on itunes.

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
KillerSkull
KillerSkull
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Gamer
Response to What is so great about Last.fm? 2013-01-27 15:00:14 Reply

At 1/27/13 02:56 PM, Oolaph wrote: Last.fm is part of the "music community", it allows you to share your listening habits and talk to others about what you've been listening to.

Because you totally can't do that without the internet.

That's the whole point of the friend feature. I suggest you stay away from the site as a whole, though. We don't need you shitting up the place.

On the contrary, I think the site needs me. I should make an account and become very active with it. Oh, and explain to me how the friend feature on the site is any better than going to a music store and chilling with the owners for the day. Listening to music in the shop and reveling in the meaning of the music.

Slint
Slint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Audiophile
Response to What is so great about Last.fm? 2013-01-27 15:01:49 Reply

At 1/27/13 02:55 PM, KillerSkull wrote:
At 1/27/13 02:54 PM, Slint wrote:
I dunno, maybe a little something called human interaction. Believe it or not, some people like doing that.

Oh wow I'm sure you discover tons of new bands every day by talking to your peers.
Also, how do your peers get to know such bands?

BBS Signature
Oolaph
Oolaph
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to What is so great about Last.fm? 2013-01-27 15:05:44 Reply

At 1/27/13 03:00 PM, KillerSkull wrote: Because you totally can't do that without the internet.

I never said you couldn't. Last.fm is simply a convenient and centralized place to do that sort of thing.

On the contrary, I think the site needs me. I should make an account and become very active with it. Oh, and explain to me how the friend feature on the site is any better than going to a music store and chilling with the owners for the day. Listening to music in the shop and reveling in the meaning of the music.

I'm done replying to you. You either have no idea what you're talking about or you're purposely trying to seem like an idiot in order to be some "epic troll" or something.

BBS Signature
selena
selena
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Art Lover
Response to What is so great about Last.fm? 2013-01-27 15:08:45 Reply

There's probably hot gurls there

BBS Signature
KillerSkull
KillerSkull
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Gamer
Response to What is so great about Last.fm? 2013-01-27 15:12:07 Reply

At 1/27/13 03:05 PM, Oolaph wrote: I'm done replying to you. You either have no idea what you're talking about or you're purposely trying to seem like an idiot in order to be some "epic troll" or something.

No, all you're doing is running away from a valid question.

notYert
notYert
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Melancholy
Response to What is so great about Last.fm? 2013-01-27 15:12:55 Reply

At 1/27/13 03:08 PM, Scary wrote: bit shocking how many people don't remember to download the scrobbler

people still use the scrobbler from the site instead of just foo_audioscrobbler?

lel

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to What is so great about Last.fm? 2013-01-27 15:16:19 Reply

I tried Last.fm I didn't care for it at all. I like Grooveshark more.

| The Interviewer | Review Terms 3.0 | [This Space For Rent ] | Club Stoic |

BBS Signature