00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TwistSSD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

So, Adventure Time

2,475 Views | 33 Replies

So, Adventure Time 2013-01-27 11:17:52

I recently began watching Adventure Time. I've heard alot about it, including here. I'm not certain of what Adventure Time is though. At first I thought it was some ordinary TV-show for children. But upon watching one of the first episodes, slumber party panic, I realized that it might be a little more to it than that. Seriously, the candy people were punching the zombie guts out and then eating the intestines.
I enjoyed it. The series really stand out and the animations and such are nicely done. The style of the animation is great in my opinion.

But what is Adventure Time really? I looked it up on the internet and apparently there's quite alot of theories and history behind the whole show. Not what I expected. Wars and shit. Quite cool.

What's your opinion, NG? Cool? No? Discuss ppl

Response to So, Adventure Time 2013-01-27 11:22:59

The war theory is plausible and has alot of evidence around it , however it also has the generic 'Main character is a mental patient , imagines the world' theory that almost every kids show is subject to. I guess its pretty cool , I'm more of a anime fan myself.

Response to So, Adventure Time 2013-01-27 11:28:47

I love Adventure Time.

I was going to go into a huge explanation as to what is up with the world they're living in, but I decided not to.

I've been watching the show since it premiered and have not seen a single episode I didn't like. Though I thought the 100th episode was a tad....weird even by Adventure Time standards, but I grew used to it after a couple more watch throughs.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to So, Adventure Time 2013-01-27 11:35:10

At 1/27/13 11:28 AM, Viper50 wrote: I was going to go into a huge explanation as to what is up with the world they're living in, but I decided not to.

Because of spoilers or laziness? Both? I don't want my experience to get ruined, but I'm ever so curious.

Response to So, Adventure Time 2013-01-27 11:45:52

At 1/27/13 11:35 AM, dickfag wrote:
At 1/27/13 11:28 AM, Viper50 wrote: I was going to go into a huge explanation as to what is up with the world they're living in, but I decided not to.
Because of spoilers or laziness? Both? I don't want my experience to get ruined, but I'm ever so curious.

you'll find out when you get to the episode with the ice kings past , quite a lot is revealed about him and the world.

Response to So, Adventure Time 2013-01-27 11:46:03

It's annoying as fuck.

Scene girls are the only ones keeping it alive.

Response to So, Adventure Time 2013-01-27 11:54:28

At 1/27/13 11:45 AM, WirelessBrain wrote:
you'll find out when you get to the episode with the ice kings past , quite a lot is revealed about him and the world.

Ah, nice. I'm looking forward to that. There has been some time since I actually found a tv-show interesting enough to get me excited.

At 1/27/13 11:46 AM, Nakatomi2013 wrote: It's annoying as fuck.

I fail to see the connection between scene girls and adventure time.

Response to So, Adventure Time 2013-01-27 12:10:27

At 1/27/13 12:01 PM, dragoswrath wrote: deep weird shit that's cool

Holy fuck. That's the kind of shit I'm talking about. Loving it. Guess there will be no sleep for me tonight.

Response to So, Adventure Time 2013-01-27 12:17:29

Yeah. But mainly leaning towards the spoilers part. Because I had like 2 paragraphs typed out and decided to delete them.

At 1/27/13 12:01 PM, dragoswrath wrote: The episode where Finn wished for the lich to not exist was pretty confusing, because even though the lich didn't exist, there was an undetonated nuclear warhead in the ground. So this would mean that the war was initiated by humans and the lich just came in at some point and fucked shit up with the bomb that alternate universe Finn set off.

Well I'd say its more that the person who The Lich WAS before the war came in contact with the chemicals that were left after the bomb detonated. If you remember in the episode Jake The Dog (part III of the 3 part episode where they steal the gems, Finn wishes The Lich never existed, and then....I wont ruin the last episode for people who want to watch it.)
After Finn accidentally detonated the bomb the Jake from that alternate universe comes in contact with said chemicals and morphs into a creature that very much resembles The Lich.
Also there was a theory going around that said Ice King (as a human), Marceline's dad, and the human version of The Lich originally found the Enchiridion before the war occurred. And that the Ice King was going to try getting to Prismo to wish the war never happened but wasn't able to get the portal (which was used by the Lich) to open since he didn't have the gem stones to activate it.

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to So, Adventure Time 2013-01-27 12:41:58

At 1/27/13 12:32 PM, TNT wrote: Bacon Pancakes!
Makin' Bacon Pancakes!
Get some bacon and put it in a pancake!
Bacon Pancake! That's what it gonna make!
Bacon PANCAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!!!!!

That show is a lot of fun!

Relevant

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to So, Adventure Time 2013-01-27 12:53:46

the creators of the show admit it, Adventure Time DOES take place after the apocalypse and look at all the clues they give you!

This is a sig you dumbass.

Response to So, Adventure Time 2013-01-27 13:02:28

At 1/27/13 12:17 PM, Viper50 wrote:
Also there was a theory going around that said Ice King (as a human), Marceline's dad, and the human version of The Lich originally found the Enchiridion before the war occurred.

I'm not sure about Hunson Abadeer or the Lich being there, but Simon Petrikov did find the Enchiridion prior to the war.

In the tear-jerking episode "I Remember You" one of the news clippings shows Simon holding the Enchiridion, with the article detailing his discovery of it.

BBS Signature

Response to So, Adventure Time 2013-01-27 13:13:08

so edgy. I bet you wipe your own ass don't you?

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature

Response to So, Adventure Time 2013-01-27 13:22:02

Don't fucking over think it just watch it.

BBS Signature

Response to So, Adventure Time 2013-01-27 13:29:19

At 1/27/13 01:02 PM, SaltshakerClock wrote: I'm not sure about Hunson Abadeer or the Lich being there, but Simon Petrikov did find the Enchiridion prior to the war.

In the tear-jerking episode "I Remember You" one of the news clippings shows Simon holding the Enchiridion, with the article detailing his discovery of it.

Yeah you're right.
Though they were all alive at the same time and were in the same vicinity so theres a really good chance they either knew or knew OF each other.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to So, Adventure Time 2013-01-27 13:43:53

At 1/27/13 01:22 PM, Magical-Zorse wrote: Don't fucking over think it just watch it.

What the fuck are you talking about? The show actually goes a little deeper than most shows in the same genre. I don't think I'm overthinking at all. I'm just thinking in general, you should try it sometime.

Response to So, Adventure Time 2013-01-27 18:05:14

At 1/27/13 12:53 PM, mechadude32 wrote: the creators of the show admit it, Adventure Time DOES take place after the apocalypse and look at all the clues they give you!

was gonna say this. Episodes that are particularly revelatory are the one where Finn and Jake see the video of the Ice King before he went mad from the crown, and the episode where Finn wishes that the lich never existed, causing there to be no magic.

At 1/27/13 01:13 PM, Boomstick wrote:

so edgy. I bet you wipe your own ass don't you?

I didn't know we were all girls, let alone scene girls.

Maybe I should dye my hair blue and start shopping at Hot Topic.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to So, Adventure Time 2013-01-27 18:19:22

i like the show because it has good continuanity for a kids show than say something like, seasons 4-7 of Spongebob, which didn't make that much sense from a story stand point.

it's also funny from time to time, interesting and I haven't really seen any episodes where character get out of character, and it's been like this for 4 seasons, overall, it's a strong show on CN.

filler text

Response to So, Adventure Time 2013-01-27 18:25:49

At 1/27/13 12:10 PM, dickfag wrote:
At 1/27/13 12:01 PM, dragoswrath wrote: deep weird shit that's cool
Holy fuck. That's the kind of shit I'm talking about. Loving it. Guess there will be no sleep for me tonight.

I think the reason why a lot of peoplel ike it, is because it's a pretty decent episodic series, but all in the whole it's a major story arc that presents itself in a paced episodic fashion.

so basically something like dbz or naruto but with a lot of actually interesting filler that will sometimes have it's own storyline continuatity in the show.

filler text

Response to So, Adventure Time 2013-01-27 18:31:39

I love "Adventure Time!"
I wish I had cable so I could watch it more often.
First world problems.

Let us wallow in the filth of the void clinging to one another.

Formerly Schizo-sephy.

Response to So, Adventure Time 2013-01-27 18:33:50

then I suggest watching something with a shittier fanbase like My Little Pony and give everyone brain hemorrhages with your autistic shit"

but watching mlp regularly and buying all the shitty fanbase shirts would make me an autistic hipster, I don't want to be that.

also, not everybody who likes the show is autistic, there's this pretty cool guy i know irl who has locker at school filled with Adventure Time stickers, he's also a SCI-Fi fan, and he's not autistic.

filler text

Response to So, Adventure Time 2013-01-27 18:35:25

Cheetos

don't diss cheetos man, hot cheetos taste really, really good.

im fat xd

filler text

Response to So, Adventure Time 2013-01-27 18:54:08

the show fails at comedy,adventure,science fiction everything it tries to do

if it is a gigantic horrible typo mah bad

Response to So, Adventure Time 2013-01-27 19:00:12

Baaaaw stop liking things I don't like!

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to So, Adventure Time 2013-01-27 19:02:21

At 1/27/13 07:00 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Baaaaw stop liking things I don't like!

never said stop liking it all i just stated was the truth of the shows production

if it is a gigantic horrible typo mah bad

Response to So, Adventure Time 2013-01-27 19:08:01

At 1/27/13 07:02 PM, captainlolz wrote: all i just stated was the truth
the truth

Oh, good one.

I wasn't directing it at you alone, btw.

So, Adventure Time

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to So, Adventure Time 2013-01-27 19:12:37

At 1/27/13 07:06 PM, Rummy0 wrote:
At 1/27/13 06:35 PM, GrizzlyOne wrote: don't diss cheetos man
I wasn't, read it properly I was stating my superior childhood in the 90s that all you noughties kiddies are so jealous about.

I was born 4 years before you were and I think Adventure Time is great for a kid's show.

I'm also not autistic (or any other kind of mentally challenged) and I'm not a hipster.

It's just a little annoying that people always have to share their disapproval of a show or movie or whatever in every thread that pertains to it. Don't you think?

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to So, Adventure Time 2013-01-27 21:39:04

looks like autistic shit for adhd kiddies

Response to So, Adventure Time 2013-01-27 21:41:32

At 1/27/13 09:39 PM, Halberd wrote: looks like autistic shit for adhd kiddies

\
yes

filler text

Response to So, Adventure Time 2013-01-27 21:45:55