New Topic Respond to this Topic
ChainsawPolice
ChainsawPolice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Need musicians for a new project 2013-01-26 22:56:08 Reply

Howdy, NG music-doing guys and guy-ettes. I'm posting to ask a very big favour of you all.

I'm working on a web project for my Multimedia major work this year, and I was wondering if I could feature some music on it.

Basically, the idea of the site is gonna be a huge catalogue of independent/unsigned/unheard artists and their music.
How it works is like this: Users tick the music genres they like, and the page shows them music related to the stuff they like. It should give the users a chance to listen to some cool new music they mightn't have ever found, and gives artists a chance to get their music out!

The catalogue itself will archive the name of the artist/band/act, a description, an image, and a short snippet of a tune that the artist has chosen (30sec to 1min)

Now, I -could- use dummy bands and artists for the project, but I'd prefer to use real-world examples to test how the site functions in a real-world scenario.
Right now it's merely a class project (a huge one, mind you), and it's going to be private until August when it gets marked. After marking, however I want to register a domain name and get it on the web afterwards.

I'm a musician myself, and I know how hard it is for independent musician people to get their work and their name out to the public. Sometimes it can happen by a fluke, but it's often tricky.
I want to help people like myself to get their name out and to become noticed. If I have a fully-functioning web app where I can make that happen, why just restrict it to the classroom and the marking folio? I want to make this a big thing!

Sounds good? Sweet. Now I want to clear out some scepticism on the matter, if any exists (which it probably will, and for good reason too!)

âEU¢ I will not own the rights to any of the music, photography or other art/data I receive from the artist. You will retain all the rights to sell, copy, distribute and do whatever you want with it still!
âEU¢ You can pull your stuff down at any time, just shoot me an email. That said, you can also change anything you want in the catalogue (change the name, sample tune, or photo, etc),
âEU¢ I will not be hosting entire albums, EPs or even full songs on the server. Music-wise, I will only host the one 0:30-1:00 extract. I will be hosting that extract to use in a player on the site. I will not allow it to be downloaded. Furthermore, it will be hosted locally, and not on a service which has been exploited to allow downloads of un-downloadable tracks (a la Soundcloud),
âEU¢ If you have any other questions you need to ask, just PM me here and I can clear them up! I can assure you though that I'm not up to anything evil,
âEU¢ This is not a record label who's gonna tie you into some wacky and hella-confusing contract deal.

All cleared up? Awesome.
If you want to be in on this thing, just PM me:
âEU¢ Your artist/band name,
âEU¢ Short description,
âEU¢ The song you want on your page (excerpt of full song is fine. I'll slice it down if I need to)
âEU¢ A photo/image you want to represent your band/yourself.

Make sure you own all the rights to the stuff you send me, blah blah blah.

Be as lax as you want, I've got until July to finalise the project and August to actually submit it. But if you want to send it to me right now, then feel free! The more the merrier.

the genre/style you perform under doesn't really concern me. If you write hip-hop music, thrash out to metal, or drop some nasty fat dubstep beats, then send it over! I will say one thing though: I'm running low on non-EDM artists to put on here. I need artists from the full spectrum!

Also, your popularity doesn't matter much at all. If you're unheard, unsigned or independent, then you pass.
If you're a big name on NG (Rig/xKore/MaestroRage big), then you can still send stuff in! Because by popular, I mean radio popular, not internet popular. I want to help as many people on the popularity spectrum as I can!

If you know someone not on NG who would like to be a part of something like this, show them the thread and get them to email me at josh@axxim.net. I'm branching out to everyone, not just NG dudes and dudettes.

If you're still feeling a bit sceptical, just PM me here and I can sort shit out with ya.

Thanks in advance, everyone!

Professional audio/visual idiot, poor excuse for a human being, gathering dust on a shelf somewhere in Sydney, NSW, Australia.

Knoxius
Knoxius
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Need musicians for a new project 2013-01-27 00:33:31 Reply

Very neat idea. I'd like to contribute to the cause!

Bitfrost
Bitfrost
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Need musicians for a new project 2013-01-27 00:41:50 Reply

id like to contribute to this, the song im currently working on is the one i want to submit so when its finished it would be awesome to be a part of this

ChainsawPolice
ChainsawPolice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Need musicians for a new project 2013-01-27 01:08:42 Reply

At 1/27/13 12:33 AM, Knoxius wrote: Very neat idea. I'd like to contribute to the cause!

Awesome! Send me some things when you're all ready :)

At 1/27/13 12:41 AM, Bitfrost wrote: id like to contribute to this, the song im currently working on is the one i want to submit so when its finished it would be awesome to be a part of this

Nooo problem. So long as you finish the tune before July, you can take as long as you need.

Professional audio/visual idiot, poor excuse for a human being, gathering dust on a shelf somewhere in Sydney, NSW, Australia.

Zafrece
Zafrece
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Need musicians for a new project 2013-01-27 04:34:59 Reply

Very cool idea, i'll be sure to give it a shot.

ChainsawPolice
ChainsawPolice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Need musicians for a new project 2013-01-27 20:21:22 Reply

Bump. Come on guys!

StaticBlu
StaticBlu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Need musicians for a new project 2013-01-27 21:35:06 Reply

That's pretty cool. I would love to hear about all of the artists that would be featured. I might even learn a little something in the process.

DylnMatrix
DylnMatrix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Need musicians for a new project 2013-01-28 01:13:12 Reply

I'd love to contribute to this! I'll send you my info once I get home from my vacation at the end of the week (internet sucks here).

ChainsawPolice
ChainsawPolice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Need musicians for a new project 2013-02-01 19:31:56 Reply

Bump again.

MetalRenard
MetalRenard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Need musicians for a new project 2013-02-01 20:49:55 Reply

Oh nice. When my album's done I'll send something your way.

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! I'm on Youtube. Come check me out! Veteran REAPER user.

BBS Signature
KatMaestro
KatMaestro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Need musicians for a new project 2013-02-01 20:52:42 Reply

I'm all for this project.

Bosa
Bosa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Need musicians for a new project 2013-02-01 21:42:49 Reply

Will you receive any form of profit from this webpage?

Those that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength

BBS Signature
ChainsawPolice
ChainsawPolice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Need musicians for a new project 2013-02-01 23:29:43 Reply

At 2/1/13 09:42 PM, Bosa wrote: Will you receive any form of profit from this webpage?

None at all.

Once the project passes marking and hits the web, it'll be put on the web through a server I'll be funding from my own pocket. Everything is done and will be done just for fun (and helping others of course). I gain no profit form it at all.

ChainsawPolice
ChainsawPolice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Need musicians for a new project 2013-02-13 02:31:50 Reply

Bumping again.

I'm starting work on compiling the database, so it'd be real nice to have some musicians to put in there.

SoulofT
SoulofT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Need musicians for a new project 2013-02-13 05:42:03 Reply

At 2/13/13 02:31 AM, ChainsawPolice wrote: Bumping again.

I'm starting work on compiling the database, so it'd be real nice to have some musicians to put in there.

Definitely interested!

Bitfrost
Bitfrost
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Need musicians for a new project 2013-02-13 13:31:46 Reply

At 1/27/13 12:41 AM, Bitfrost wrote: id like to contribute to this, the song im currently working on is the one i want to submit so when its finished it would be awesome to be a part of this
Nooo problem. So long as you finish the tune before July, you can take as long as you need.

finished, here it is

• Broken Escalator (Stairs)
    Broken Escalator (Stairs) by Bitfrost

Why is there an out of order sign?

Score
    4.55 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    House
    Popularity

stratkat
stratkat
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to Need musicians for a new project 2013-02-13 14:30:21 Reply

Sent mine, hope it's not too late.

Rampant
Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Need musicians for a new project 2013-02-13 16:06:18 Reply

Sure, I'll bite :D I'll send an e-mail with some stuff later.

Ceevro
Ceevro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Need musicians for a new project 2013-02-14 17:49:23 Reply

I'm in! I play a rather eclectic mix of stuff...so you'll have to help me decide what genre I represent...

No-Stereo
No-Stereo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Need musicians for a new project 2013-02-16 12:04:11 Reply

I'd like to contribute if I'm not too late and you like my work.

AkirSon
AkirSon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to Need musicians for a new project 2013-02-27 11:16:38 Reply

Hi!
Check my YouTube channel. Maybe You will find something interresting,
http://www.youtube.com/akirsonmusic
AkirSon

ChainsawPolice
ChainsawPolice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Need musicians for a new project 2013-03-13 06:17:25 Reply

Bump. Progress on the site is progressing really well. I'm about a week or two away from fully testing the database functionality out.

I've garnered quite a few submissions recently, and most of them have been along the lines of electronic/EDM music.
Right now, I'm looking specifically for non-EDM/electronica musicians. So folk, rock, pop, orchestral, country, rap, hip-hop - anything that's not dance music or electronic in essence.

Thanks in advance!

TheHeartgrinder
TheHeartgrinder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Artist
Response to Need musicians for a new project 2013-03-21 04:46:46 Reply

At 3/13/13 06:17 AM, ChainsawPolice wrote: Bump. Progress on the site is progressing really well. I'm about a week or two away from fully testing the database functionality out.

I've garnered quite a few submissions recently, and most of them have been along the lines of electronic/EDM music.
Right now, I'm looking specifically for non-EDM/electronica musicians. So folk, rock, pop, orchestral, country, rap, hip-hop - anything that's not dance music or electronic in essence.

Thanks in advance!

Well, I was going to contribute, but your flood of electronic artists fucked that up. That and my horrible timing. Have a look at some of my tracks and let me know if there is room for one more. Prodigical Son seems to be popular at the moment.

Chemich
Chemich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Need musicians for a new project 2013-03-21 05:19:41 Reply

Sure, I'm up for it.

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

BBS Signature
Lashmush
Lashmush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Need musicians for a new project 2013-03-21 10:16:07 Reply

At 3/13/13 06:17 AM, ChainsawPolice wrote: Right now, I'm looking specifically for non-EDM/electronica musicians.

• Predator (Instrumental)
    Predator (Instrumental) by Lashmush

It's fucking brutal.

Score
    4.31 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Heavy Metal
    Popularity

Are you now?

Listen to and download Ultima Eternus in MP3 right here on NG or buy the lossless version! Srsly, buy it. >:c

BBS Signature
FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Need musicians for a new project 2013-03-21 10:46:00 Reply

At 3/21/13 10:16 AM, Lashmush wrote:
At 3/13/13 06:17 AM, ChainsawPolice wrote: Right now, I'm looking specifically for non-EDM/electronica musicians.
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/508477
Are you now?

I think

• FS: Taking Over
    FS: Taking Over by FairSquare

Taking Over

Score
    4.62 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Miscellaneous
    Popularity

he is

• FS: Between The Bars
    FS: Between The Bars by FairSquare

Between the bars cover Eliott Smith

Score
    4.50 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Pop
    Popularity

Example of my singing here

BBS Signature
overwhelming12
overwhelming12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Need musicians for a new project 2013-03-22 10:21:02 Reply

Would it be too late right now? :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8Xt4m3Uvts&list=LLCTPhJMQVKs KG41OtiQOLRg

-Donghyun Kim
Contact me if you want me to make some music for you. (Free or Paid I'm fine with it)
More preferably to my e-mail address: overwhelming12@gmail.com

overwhelming12
overwhelming12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Need musicians for a new project 2013-03-22 10:24:37 Reply

At 3/22/13 10:21 AM, overwhelming12 wrote: Would it be too late right now? :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8Xt4m3Uvts&list=LLCTPhJMQVKs KG41OtiQOLRg

Oh and btw, mine's not electronic. So if your looking for some non-electronic, maybe you could use this song? :)

-Donghyun Kim
Contact me if you want me to make some music for you. (Free or Paid I'm fine with it)
More preferably to my e-mail address: overwhelming12@gmail.com

MyMiniGemini
MyMiniGemini
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Need musicians for a new project 2013-03-22 10:32:32 Reply

Good day

Here some tracks i made earlier, if you like any of it just let im know and ill gladly participate in any upcoming project

https://soundcloud.com/mymini-gemini

Sincerely

Mike

ChainsawPolice
ChainsawPolice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Need musicians for a new project 2013-03-24 01:25:56 Reply

It's no use posting your tracksi n the thread, guys. Send me a PM instead! (along with a pic representing your band/project/self, a description of your band/project/self, a link to your website or NG profile, and the name you want to be represented by)

At 3/21/13 10:16 AM, Lashmush wrote:
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/508477
Are you now?

I'm loving it! you know what to do now.

At 3/22/13 10:21 AM, overwhelming12 wrote: Would it be too late right now? :(

You're not too late at all - you've got until July! Just send me a PM :)
(also this music is beautiful, really well composed)