00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What Headphones do you Use ?

4,050 Views | 58 Replies

What Headphones do you Use ? 2013-01-26 20:09:53

Everyone likes music, so which headphones do y'all plug in to your I paddies and Mp3's ?

I'm trying to decide which headphones to buy because I'm getting back into making music again, but i'm trying to figure out what looks/sounds the best because image is part of the battle of what makes a good Dj/MC, but quality crisp sound is also important

Also I'm not a huge fan of Beats by Dre (plus they're 2 cliche (and overpriced) and i find it funny that Snoop Lion had his own headphones back in 2007ish but i guess they didn't sell to well. I've been looking at these by SkullCandy and also these by Curtis Jackson

I also want the NINES but they seem pricey for somewhat basic headphones. They all look decent, but I don't know which ones to get ?

TL: DR: What headphones do Newgrounder's use for style points or casual listening ?

Are you not Entertained ?!?

BBS Signature

Response to What Headphones do you Use ? 2013-01-26 20:12:16

Both head phones are shit. Go to Head-Fi and get yourself sorted. I used Sennheisers passed down from my Dad. I plan to revamp my whole system soon with a DAC, Receiver and Speakers.

Response to What Headphones do you Use ? 2013-01-26 20:14:24

I've just always stuck with the earphones that came with my ipod Nano when I got it years ago. The music I listen to doesn't really require expensive headphones to make it sound better or whatever. I also don't think of myself as being particularly trendy so I wont spend a silly amount of money on these massive headphones people seem to think are cool now. In honestly, when I see people walking about with massive headphones I usually think "I bet that guys a dick". A little presumptuous of me, meybe.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to What Headphones do you Use ? 2013-01-26 20:19:06

At 1/26/13 08:10 PM, selena wrote:
I don't listen to music.
deaf

You don't have to have ears to feel the music; Helen Keller still knew how to boogie to the beat

At 1/26/13 08:12 PM, TheColourAwesome wrote: Both head phones are shit. Go to Head-Fi and get yourself sorted. I used Sennheisers passed down from my Dad. I plan to revamp my whole system soon with a DAC, Receiver and Speakers.

Hmmm. never heard I have to look into those; I'm turning my back house into a studio soon

BBS Signature

Response to What Headphones do you Use ? 2013-01-26 20:20:01

Bose AE2. They're closed-ear and have crisp sound quality, but lack bass and sound like speakers that are covered up to give a weak sound. I only bought them cos I had gift cards for Target. Not sure if I regret buying them.

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature

Response to What Headphones do you Use ? 2013-01-26 20:20:55

i use beetz cuz im hella thug yo!!!11 its worht the price cuz they so swag

Response to What Headphones do you Use ? 2013-01-26 20:23:18

For my computer I use Turtle Beach X12's. Extremely overpriced, and not that worth the cost.

I don't use iPaddies, or triPods

dig nay shee oh

BBS Signature

Response to What Headphones do you Use ? 2013-01-26 20:23:22

I use AKG K 240 Mk IIs, and soon I'll be getting one of those spiffy tube amps to power them with. I just need to decide on which one to get.

Response to What Headphones do you Use ? 2013-01-26 20:24:03

I have a pair of those new apple ones for when I go out, and then I got a yellow pair of K518-LE AKG's for the serious listening.

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.

You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.

ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature

Response to What Headphones do you Use ? 2013-01-26 20:26:01

At 1/26/13 08:12 PM, TheColourAwesome wrote: Both head phones are shit. Go to Head-Fi and get yourself sorted. I used Sennheisers passed down from my Dad. I plan to revamp my whole system soon with a DAC, Receiver and Speakers.
Hmmm. never heard I have to look into those; I'm turning my back house into a studio soon

Sounds good, Man. You rap? I'll save you some trouble and just recommend these. Everywhere you go you will be recommend them anyway. Try to get a good Headphone DAC as well.

Response to What Headphones do you Use ? 2013-01-26 20:26:44

At 1/26/13 08:20 PM, T3XT wrote: i use beetz cuz im hella thug yo!!!11 its worht the price cuz they so swag

Not going to lie, those look nice but i bet they cost a stupid price

BBS Signature

Response to What Headphones do you Use ? 2013-01-26 20:35:19

Sennheiser CX 400s that I got for about £15 ages ago. Still miss my old CX 300s, since the only difference is a volume control which means I have to make sure it's turned up before I start listening every time.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to What Headphones do you Use ? 2013-01-26 20:36:43

At 1/26/13 08:26 PM, TheColourAwesome wrote: Sounds good, Man. You rap? I'll save you some trouble and just recommend these. Everywhere you go you will be recommend them anyway. Try to get a good Headphone DAC as well.

Thanks y'all good looking out, and do I rap ? No, not really, but I've been writing poetry for a while now and it's pretty much the same difference. I just like making music, but some folks think I'm a rapper so now i be like fuck it why not ?

I want to try a bit of everything before my time is up so I might give it a shot

BBS Signature

Response to What Headphones do you Use ? 2013-01-26 20:37:45

I swiped some headphones from my school because they were going to throw em away even though they weren't even open. And I have those plugged into my computer.

As for what I use just walking around I don't use anything "fancy" or whatever. Just normal cheap earbuds that cost like $5.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to What Headphones do you Use ? 2013-01-26 20:38:00

At 1/26/13 08:26 PM, Swag-in-a-Bag wrote:
At 1/26/13 08:20 PM, T3XT wrote: i use beetz cuz im hella thug yo!!!11 its worht the price cuz they so swag

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Krdb8lceRoI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=et_PWifUd1w

Response to What Headphones do you Use ? 2013-01-26 20:41:22

At 1/26/13 08:26 PM, Swag-in-a-Bag wrote:

I got these for 20 bucks through a series of fortunate events.

I'll be blunt, they sound nice. But they are not fucking worth $150 USD.

Response to What Headphones do you Use ? 2013-01-26 21:20:53

A pair I got for £30 and theyre amazing quality and clarity for the price.

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to What Headphones do you Use ? 2013-01-26 21:24:33

lol I just bought a $1.50 pair from the dollar store and they work great for when I'm at work.

fuck yuo idiote

BBS Signature

Response to What Headphones do you Use ? 2013-01-26 21:25:36

Beats are shit. Sennheisers are classy as fuck with sound to boot. You really shouldn't look for looks over sound in any audio equipment but if you are at least get the best.

Response to What Headphones do you Use ? 2013-01-26 21:29:01

I use my Logitech G35 headset when listening to music, I only listen to music on my computer and I'm always on skype. Great quality, best $85 I ever spent.

Where's the pickle?

BBS Signature

Response to What Headphones do you Use ? 2013-01-26 21:29:47

I miss these headphones all the time. Best ones I ever had and they've been discontinued now. Annoyingly I broke them when out for a walk in the woods. Caught the wire on a close branch and it pulled until it disconnected the wire from one of the ears.

Now I just some Sennheiser earphones. Which I don't care for really, but they're just easy to carry round. I just want another neckband pair as good as the Sennheiser PMX200. But I've tried many and none match it.

:(

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to What Headphones do you Use ? 2013-01-26 21:31:43

No idea, but they cost about £40 and have done the job, the only problem was they had a ridiculously small wire, but a cheap trip to ebay later and they got an extension which made them ridiculously long. Making them able to literally go anywhere in my apartment so i can still listen to stuff while cooking if I felt like it.

Perhaps the wire was a little overkill...ah well.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to What Headphones do you Use ? 2013-01-26 21:31:51

At 1/26/13 09:29 PM, Jakehinojo wrote: Great quality, best $85 I ever spent.

Don't recommend things you don't know enough about. Why are they worth $85? Do you run an AMP and DAC? Name other alternatives. What were your previous headphones?

Response to What Headphones do you Use ? 2013-01-26 21:33:11

Some Plantronic Headphones that I got for Christmas, they feel so comfortable and sound great.

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature

Response to What Headphones do you Use ? 2013-01-26 21:34:24

ITT: People who don't know about headphones recommending the ones they own because they own them.

Response to What Headphones do you Use ? 2013-01-26 21:39:21

At 1/26/13 09:31 PM, TheColourAwesome wrote:
At 1/26/13 09:29 PM, Jakehinojo wrote: Great quality, best $85 I ever spent.
Don't recommend things you don't know enough about. Why are they worth $85? Do you run an AMP and DAC? Name other alternatives. What were your previous headphones?

I didn't recommend it, I said it was the best $85 I ever spent. At no point did I say "You should buy this!"

Where's the pickle?

BBS Signature

Response to What Headphones do you Use ? 2013-01-26 21:45:31

some cheap headsets.

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to What Headphones do you Use ? 2013-01-26 21:46:40

At 1/26/13 09:39 PM, Jakehinojo wrote: I didn't recommend it, I said it was the best $85 I ever spent. At no point did I say "You should buy this!"

Fair enough.

Response to What Headphones do you Use ? 2013-01-26 21:47:05

At 1/26/13 09:34 PM, TheColourAwesome wrote: ITT: People who don't know about headphones recommending the ones they own because they own them.

ITT: narcissist

fuck yuo idiote

BBS Signature

Response to What Headphones do you Use ? 2013-01-26 21:48:31

ITT: TheColourAwesome complains for no good reason and shits up a thread that already sucked enough