New Topic Respond to this Topic
hopeless87
hopeless87
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Artist
Any Storyboarding artists? Jan. 26th, 2013 @ 02:30 PM Reply

Short and sweet, I'm looking to create a storyboard for an animation project. Does anyone know what information a storyboard artist would need in order to do their thing? Would they need compete dialog or a brief explanation of the scenes?

Does anyone have examples of what Is ready to go to storyboarding?
Also, since I'm already typing, does anyone know of a common storyboarding program? I can't draw worth a damn but it would be nice to see what variables a storyboarder may need to fill in from information supplied from the writer.

Thanks!

Read more madness!Vicero, the mad writer

BBS Signature
Otto
Otto
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to Any Storyboarding artists? Jan. 26th, 2013 @ 04:46 PM Reply

Are you storyboarding for someone else? You might find it difficult if you can't draw, because storyboarding for someone else is all about visual communication. So find what is comfortable to you, and imagine you're seeing it for the first time.

Is the composition striking? i.e. the silhouettes are distinct etc.
Is it relevant to the scene? i.e. camera tilts show who has the power etc.
Does it go from/to the previous/next shot without confusion? i.e. no cuts that move more than 180 degrees is a basic rule, though good directers work around it

A program? Microsoft paint will do you. It's not about the program, it's about the ideas you're having.

This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature
Lucky
Lucky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Animator
Response to Any Storyboarding artists? Jan. 26th, 2013 @ 05:08 PM Reply

At 1/26/13 02:30 PM, hop

a) check out http://storyboardsecrets.com/blog/ for tips, also Adventure Time's old storyboards are free online, same as spongebob look em up for reference!

b) Toon boom storyboard pro is what i use for commercial projects, its extremely easy , straight forward and exports every way you want it to from mov png to pdfs with the drawings converted to storyboard sheets. So i highly recommend it
Have fun!