New Topic Respond to this Topic
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to One Child policy for the world? Jan. 26th, 2013 @ 10:16 PM Reply

The world population is going to start going back down in the next few years anyways. The birthrate in wealthy nations isn't that high and as more countries become wealthy their birthrates will go down as well. I don't think overpopulation is going to be a real problem especially as we get more advanced and conserve more energy.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
SonicJ
SonicJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to One Child policy for the world? Jan. 26th, 2013 @ 11:20 PM Reply

At 1/26/13 01:26 PM, WirelessBrain wrote: What are your opinions on this? Really , whats the point of having a noisy shitmachine (also known as a baby)? We already have 7 Billion of us sucking Earths resources why do we need more?

How many siblings do you have? How many cousins? If the world had only one child per family, you theoretically would have no uncles or aunts, because both of your grand parents would have only had one child each, your mother and father. No cousins, nor siblings. Now, I ask how many siblings you have, because in the case of two or more, how would it be decided who lived ? The oldest born lives and the rest never get a chance?

Audio portal reviews : A detailed discussion and study
Leave a random artist a constructive review. You never know how that could help.

BBS Signature
NinjaGuy
NinjaGuy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to One Child policy for the world? Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 12:07 AM Reply

The only problem I have is the intrusion we would be giving the government on our lives, but I really do hate having so many people...

BBS Signature
Havegum
Havegum
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to One Child policy for the world? Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 12:14 AM Reply

Some scientists have actually predicted a soon-to-be decline in the world population. There's an article about it here, but one of the main points is that the time it took to add to the 7th billion is for the first time lower than the previous billion.

BBS Signature
Halberd
Halberd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to One Child policy for the world? Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 12:19 AM Reply

At 1/26/13 10:16 PM, Cootie wrote: The world population is going to start going back down in the next few years anyways. The birthrate in wealthy nations isn't that high and as more countries become wealthy their birthrates will go down as well. I don't think overpopulation is going to be a real problem especially as we get more advanced and conserve more energy.

I was gonna say that too

its only the poorer countries that have to worry about this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NguTypiXqqY
ILLEGAL MARIJUANA RELATED ACTIVITIES

kanef
kanef
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to One Child policy for the world? Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 10:48 AM Reply

this policy wouldn't affect me, i have no siblings

comment pls - plug.dj
sevkitty.com forum - last.fm
D - ńęwgróuńdśęś ręśidęńt pątrićiąń

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 42
Programmer
Response to One Child policy for the world? Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 11:22 AM Reply

heres a idea just wipeout populations in developing countries with higher birth rates (Africa, India, the Middle east etc).

be alot simpler and cost effective.

BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Melancholy
Response to One Child policy for the world? Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 11:43 AM Reply

At 1/27/13 11:22 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: heres a idea just wipeout populations in developing countries with higher birth rates (Africa, India, the Middle east etc).

be alot simpler and cost effective.

war is probably the least cost effective and simple way of killing people

Saen
Saen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Reader
Response to One Child policy for the world? Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 11:43 AM Reply

It wouldn't be applicable to the world, Japan and Sweden already are post-industrialized nations, meaning they have decreasing populations.

For countries like the U.S., China, India, it would be effective in lowering and stabilizing population growth. Keep in mind the replacement birth rate is 2.1 children per couple, so eventually we would have to revert back to that.

Unfortunately this idea won't be enforced anytime soon in the U.S. and its just not possible to enforce in developing countries like India.

The proven most effective method of reducing population birth rates is through education on the sexual and economic (circle of poverty) levels, along with cost-free availability of multiple forms of birth control.

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 42
Programmer
Response to One Child policy for the world? Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 12:31 PM Reply

At 1/27/13 11:43 AM, BumFodder wrote: war is probably the least cost effective and simple way of killing people

bah a few drone strikes and missiles in this ghetto, that run down city there and its good the population density is so high it wouldn't take much.

plus getting rid of most of the stragglers using resources in the third world countries wouldn't be a bad idea.

BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Melancholy
Response to One Child policy for the world? Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 12:33 PM Reply

At 1/27/13 12:31 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: bah a few drone strikes and missiles in this ghetto, that run down city there and its good the population density is so high it wouldn't take much.

plus getting rid of most of the stragglers using resources in the third world countries wouldn't be a bad idea.

Drones wont kill more than around 5 people a shot though and explosives are expensive

killing people is expensive

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 42
Programmer
Response to One Child policy for the world? Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 12:35 PM Reply

At 1/27/13 12:33 PM, BumFodder wrote: Drones wont kill more than around 5 people a shot though and explosives are expensive

ever seen a drone strike its alot more than 5 kills its more like 20 and in crowded ghettos like india a single shot would be 100+

killing people is expensive

nah not really to make your only bullet only cost .50 cents use FMJs with plenty of powder and a high grain you an make through and throughs with a single round hurting/killing more.

BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Melancholy
Response to One Child policy for the world? Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 12:37 PM Reply

At 1/27/13 12:35 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: ever seen a drone strike its alot more than 5 kills its more like 20 and in crowded ghettos like india a single shot would be 100+

bullets are cheap but explosives arent. wont get more than 10 kills with an explosive on average though

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 42
Programmer
Response to One Child policy for the world? Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 12:43 PM Reply

At 1/27/13 12:37 PM, BumFodder wrote: bullets are cheap but explosives arent. wont get more than 10 kills with an explosive on average though

what part of dense population don't you understand? plus its alot more than just the blast that kills there is the force and pressure to take into account and a single drone carries up to a dozen projectiles take that 100+ then times it by 12. then there is debris, deaths by injuries etc.

thats how you population control a third world country.

Light
Light
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Reader
Response to One Child policy for the world? Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 12:53 PM Reply

At 1/26/13 01:26 PM, WirelessBrain wrote: What are your opinions on this? Really , whats the point of having a noisy shitmachine (also known as a baby)? We already have 7 Billion of us sucking Earths resources why do we need more?

Unnecessary and unenforceable.

What we should do instead is promote the industrialization of third world countries and do what we can to make them first world countries, while minimizing the pollution that will occur as a result of their industrialization. Industrialized countries usually don't have high birthrates.

All the more reason to help the poor in this world, right?

I was formerly known as "Jedi-Master."

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 42
Programmer
Response to One Child policy for the world? Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 01:25 PM Reply

At 1/27/13 12:53 PM, Light wrote: All the more reason to help the poor in this world, right?

they tried that with western africa look at how well that turned out.

HomicidialFrog
HomicidialFrog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Gamer
Response to One Child policy for the world? Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 01:29 PM Reply

At 1/27/13 12:43 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:
At 1/27/13 12:37 PM, BumFodder wrote:
thats how you population control a third world country.

I suppose this is better than my idea of nuking third world countries since my idea is more expensive and harmful to the whole Earth. I support this idea. Mass slaughter in developing nations will make the world a better place.

A friend'll give you the shirt off his back, a true friend will help you hide a body.
"game of thrones is basically will and grace with dragons" - yurgenburgen

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 42
Programmer
Response to One Child policy for the world? Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 01:48 PM Reply

At 1/27/13 01:29 PM, HomicidialFrog wrote: I suppose this is better than my idea of nuking third world countries since my idea is more expensive and harmful to the whole Earth. I support this idea. Mass slaughter in developing nations will make the world a better place.

If we the US can occupy and make 2 countries surrender in a week (Afghanistan and Iraq) a city with a overpopulated ghetto should be know problem drone strikes and fire on anyone escaping. No nukes needed.

amplefied
amplefied
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to One Child policy for the world? Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 02:01 PM Reply

I think Bill Gates had some graphs on this issue, mainly that vaccination, education and generally higher living standards cause are the best methods of curbing overpopulation.

It's most likely true considering many developed countries have a population decline.

HomicidialFrog
HomicidialFrog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Gamer
Response to One Child policy for the world? Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 02:15 PM Reply

At 1/27/13 02:01 PM, amplefied wrote: I think Bill Gates had some graphs on this issue, mainly that vaccination, education and generally higher living standards cause are the best methods of curbing overpopulation.

It's most likely true considering many developed countries have a population decline.

Bill Gates can shove his graphs up his bleeding heart rich boy ass. I have some graphs right here that says that's bullshit and the only way this issue can be solved is murdering large masses of people.

I also have some graphs that say I'm the Queen of Spain.

A friend'll give you the shirt off his back, a true friend will help you hide a body.
"game of thrones is basically will and grace with dragons" - yurgenburgen

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 42
Programmer
Response to One Child policy for the world? Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 02:16 PM Reply

At 1/27/13 02:01 PM, amplefied wrote: I think Bill Gates had some graphs on this issue, mainly that vaccination, education and generally higher living standards cause are the best methods of curbing overpopulation.

Bah whats needed is tactical strikes in third world countries.

amplefied
amplefied
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to One Child policy for the world? Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 02:17 PM Reply

At 1/27/13 02:15 PM, HomicidialFrog wrote:
I also have some graphs that say I'm the Queen of Spain.

One Child policy for the world?

Ericho
Ericho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Movie Buff
Response to One Child policy for the world? Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 03:03 PM Reply

I don't know much about the statistics, but I would imagine that single child homes would probably not be as good as bigger ones. Wouldn't it be difficult for the kid to make friends because there would be no one in his own family that's close to his age? Again, I would need to verify some information on how that works.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Hikky-Dikky
Hikky-Dikky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Gamer
Response to One Child policy for the world? Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 03:33 PM Reply

First of all, no. That's a terrible idea and any country that does it is run by idiots. Second of all, is overpopulation really that big of an issue? I'm pretty sure Terra can sustain more people than we even have.

Hikky-Dikky
Hikky-Dikky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Gamer
Response to One Child policy for the world? Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 03:38 PM Reply

Also, anyone who thinks that we should actually commit genocide in order to control the population is completely insane and should be withheld from society.

KillerSkull
KillerSkull
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Gamer
Response to One Child policy for the world? Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 03:47 PM Reply

At 1/26/13 02:05 PM, BumFodder wrote: Also one child per 2 people means that its nowhere near the replacement rate and the population will plummet.

Well, for China that's a good thing. We don't need any more terrible drivers.

ZING racism!

BBS Signature
Shauna
Shauna
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Gamer
Response to One Child policy for the world? Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 03:55 PM Reply

I'm helping by not having any at all. Fuck kids.

Signature made by Squidbit <3
Also known as MissAllanPoe
BOOP | Wonna Buy A Ghost? | DUCKSPIN

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 42
Programmer
Response to One Child policy for the world? Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 04:00 PM Reply

At 1/27/13 03:38 PM, HikarutheHedgehog wrote: Also, anyone who thinks that we should actually commit genocide in order to control the population is completely insane and should be withheld from society.

by 2050 we will have more people than resources can provide if we don't do something soon it would get ugly its either a systematic purge of third world countries and their insane increase population with no regard of keeping it in control OR Space colonization (we have the technology) but apparently no one wants to jump on that wagon because they don't want fork out the cash when its completely profitable.

I would choose space colonization but thats unrealistic.

squidly
squidly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 25
Game Developer
Response to One Child policy for the world? Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 04:06 PM Reply

The reason why some places such as Africa and China have more population then others is because of poverty. Simple economics lesson says that if you have more kids, you have more workers who are going to funnel money back to the family.

Simple economics lesson also says that more kids = more financial burden, but not everybody's a genius.

Also, fatality rates among the poor are MUCH higher, if you're a kid in Somalia, you can reasonably expect to die. The only way to guarantee your genes carry on is if you have several carriers, that's a simple evolution lesson too.

It's tragic, but it's true.

It's the only way out!

androidiphone27
androidiphone27
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to One Child policy for the world? Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 04:08 PM Reply

it should never be forced because if you do then well have about over 100 million snokie's running around