New Topic Respond to this Topic
Gramiscus
Gramiscus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Melancholy
Corporate coverups, world danger? Jan. 24th, 2013 @ 09:34 PM Reply

So, I've been doing a little detective work lately and I found some stuff that's pretty fucked up.

You know those black and white ultrasound baby pictures that girls spam facebook with? "ohmigodddd you can see little brett's penis in 3d sooooo cute" right, those things. Well, turns out that those can cause brain damage.

In 1982 the World Health Organization claimed that prenatal ultrasound could cause "behavioral, neurological, immunological, developmental, and hemaetological changes and low birth weight". Soon I'll be working in a lab with a guy who says ultrasound can cause autism.

Ok, ...so, ultrasound has been identified as a risk factor for developmental disorders. Why are all the doctors saying it's perfectly safe?

I did a little further digging, and it appears that only once in a blue moon does federal funding for ultrasound research go through. I've read some sources that claim grants for ultrasound research are regularly denied. In fact, considering how tech savve nerds are, it's strange that there are near to no research articles on how ultrasound affects human development considering how long ultrasound has been around and so popular in medicine.

I mean, why no human studies if we are going to use it on nearly the entire human population?
Ultrasound affects plant growth. You can make plants grow in the dark with this stuff.
It affects bacterial growth. You can make cultures grow nice and fat.
They use it in physical therapy to make muscles and other human tissue grow faster.

Wait a minute.
The only professionals who know about ultrasound are the ultrasound manufacturers. Doctors don't.
...that means that the regulatory agencies who control sonography are financially tied to the manufacturers...
... that means that the committees who sponsor ultrasound research will be, by necessity, related to the manufacturer, . . .

aw shoot

I go to school to study how high frequency sound waves can heal, ...or KILL.

orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to Corporate coverups, world danger? Jan. 24th, 2013 @ 10:08 PM Reply

Do you have any credible sources to your claims? I'll bet dollars to doughnuts to say that you don't, pretty much like every crackpot conspiracy theorist on these forums.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
Gramiscus
Gramiscus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Melancholy
Response to Corporate coverups, world danger? Jan. 24th, 2013 @ 10:27 PM Reply

At 1/24/13 10:08 PM, orangebomb wrote: Do you have any credible sources to your claims? I'll bet dollars to doughnuts to say that you don't, pretty much like every crackpot conspiracy theorist on these forums.

Now what kind of crackpot conspiracy theorist would I have if I didn't have sources to find conspiracies in?
A lot of them can be found in the hyperlinks in this text: http://www.change.org/petitions/re-health-risks-of-prenatal-
ultrasound-we-need-better-regulation-more-research

But there are tons more that I have not listed there. Instead of spamming you with i-told-you-so's, why don't you ask a targeted question that you'd like to discuss?

Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Corporate coverups, world danger? Jan. 24th, 2013 @ 10:37 PM Reply

In my home town is one of the largest Georgia Pacific paper mills, Georgia Pacific being owned by Koch (pronounced 'coke') brothers. They have covered so many crimes against nature that it's not even funny. They were even responsible for several cancer cases in my home town, due to the massive, massive amount of chemicals they dump into the rivers around there.

http://youtu.be/KZWAQ_3yoj8

They pump tens of thousands of gallons of toxic chemical water every day into a small river they dug specifically for the plant, and that small trench-like river leads out to a public river that they don't own.

TAB
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping
Tomatoes aren't roof tiles

BBS Signature
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to Corporate coverups, world danger? Jan. 24th, 2013 @ 10:40 PM Reply

Ultrasound is just sound thats outside the range of human hearing, nothing special about it. I find the suggestion that exposing babies to a low volume sound is going to harm them in any way quite amusing.

LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Corporate coverups, world danger? Jan. 24th, 2013 @ 10:40 PM Reply

At 1/24/13 10:27 PM, Gramiscus wrote: But there are tons more that I have not listed there. Instead of spamming you with i-told-you-so's, why don't you ask a targeted question that you'd like to discuss?

Will never happen. Government protects the corruption.

Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Corporate coverups, world danger? Jan. 24th, 2013 @ 10:43 PM Reply

At 1/24/13 10:40 PM, BumFodder wrote: Ultrasound is just sound thats outside the range of human hearing, nothing special about it. I find the suggestion that exposing babies to a low volume sound is going to harm them in any way quite amusing.

The acoustics vibrate their undeveloped bodies exceptionally violently, causing slight genetic mutations.

I dunno. It's a fetus. Almost anything can cause it to have problems of some kind.

TAB

BBS Signature
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to Corporate coverups, world danger? Jan. 24th, 2013 @ 10:45 PM Reply

At 1/24/13 10:43 PM, Xenomit wrote: The acoustics vibrate their undeveloped bodies exceptionally violently, causing slight genetic mutations.

I dunno. It's a fetus. Almost anything can cause it to have problems of some kind.

Yeah but its exactly like saying whispering to a fetus harms it.

Also how could sound mutate a cell lol what

Gramiscus
Gramiscus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Melancholy
Response to Corporate coverups, world danger? Jan. 24th, 2013 @ 10:47 PM Reply

At 1/24/13 10:40 PM, BumFodder wrote: Ultrasound is just sound thats outside the range of human hearing, nothing special about it. I find the suggestion that exposing babies to a low volume sound is going to harm them in any way quite amusing.

Think about an old guy on a boat. The boat rises and falls with the tides, but the tides are huge so the guy doesn't feel them.
Smaller waves, choppy water, easily tosses the old guy around on the boat.

Ultrasound is higher frequency, lower wavelength, smaller waves... Smaller waves can interact with stuff on a chemical level. That's why high pitched sound can do things to you that audible noise can't.

and if you're silly and think i'm just making this shit up, here's a link to the minutes from an international committee meeting about ultrasound safety considerations: http://www.inchem.org/documents/ehc/ehc/ehc22.htm#SectionNum ber:6.4

and I quote, "There are many gaps in the data from human studies that
prevent a meaningful risk assessment of ultrasonic exposure.
It is therefore necessary to use the results of animal studies to
test the hypothesis that similar effects may also occur in human
subjects. Animal studies suggest that neurological, behavioural,
developmental, immunological, haematological changes and reduced
fetal weight can result from exposure to ultrasound."

Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Corporate coverups, world danger? Jan. 24th, 2013 @ 10:48 PM Reply

At 1/24/13 10:45 PM, BumFodder wrote: Yeah but its exactly like saying whispering to a fetus harms it.

Except it's not whispering. It's using a frequency of sound strong enough to penetrate the mothers epidermis and womb.

I think you're vastly underestimating the power of sound.

TAB

BBS Signature
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to Corporate coverups, world danger? Jan. 24th, 2013 @ 10:51 PM Reply

At 1/24/13 10:47 PM, Gramiscus wrote: Think about an old guy on a boat. The boat rises and falls with the tides, but the tides are huge so the guy doesn't feel them.
Smaller waves, choppy water, easily tosses the old guy around on the boat.

Even though you cant hear it, if it was harmful it would still hurt your ears.

Ultrasound is higher frequency, lower wavelength, smaller waves... Smaller waves can interact with stuff on a chemical level. That's why high pitched sound can do things to you that audible noise can't.

Sound is just a vibration, what are vibrations going to do, cause a mutation? lol

and if you're silly and think i'm just making this shit up, here's a link to the minutes from an international committee meeting about ultrasound safety considerations: http://www.inchem.org/documents/ehc/ehc/ehc22.htm#SectionNum ber:6.4

Any randong organisation I havent heard of can make up shit and then prove it with biased results. The fact is that sound is just a vibration like any other.

Gramiscus
Gramiscus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Melancholy
Response to Corporate coverups, world danger? Jan. 24th, 2013 @ 10:53 PM Reply

At 1/24/13 10:48 PM, Xenomit wrote:
At 1/24/13 10:45 PM, BumFodder wrote: Yeah but its exactly like saying whispering to a fetus harms it.
Except it's not whispering. It's using a frequency of sound strong enough to penetrate the mothers epidermis and womb.

Ok let's just clarify some points and vocabulary. Need to make sure we use the right words otherwise we will say the wrong thing.

Frequency is pitch, so ultrasound is high frequency. The intensity is how strong the sound is. Right now, the limits for how strong fetal ultrasounds can be is 740 mw/cm^2. This is because that intensity shows really pretty pictures.

It used to be like 92 mw/cm^2 back before 1992, but those pictures were all grey and stuff. Obviously better pictures is the right reason to increase the power output, who needs safety?

Also,ultrasound is not a genetic mutagen. It does, however, affect lots and lots of molecular mechanisms and chemical reactions. Anything that pressure and heat messes with, US can because it does both.

it actually forces plants to grow in the dark.

BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to Corporate coverups, world danger? Jan. 24th, 2013 @ 10:54 PM Reply

At 1/24/13 10:48 PM, Xenomit wrote:

Congratulations, you just figured out that sound and vibrations can move through organic matter.

Im pretty sure there is no hard evidence that vibrations and sound cause cancer lol

Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Corporate coverups, world danger? Jan. 24th, 2013 @ 10:54 PM Reply

At 1/24/13 10:51 PM, BumFodder wrote: Sound is just a vibration, what are vibrations going to do, cause a mutation? lol

Any randong organisation I havent heard of can make up shit and then prove it with biased results. The fact is that sound is just a vibration like any other.

Ultrasound vibrations + Undeveloped cells = Disaster

TAB

BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Corporate coverups, world danger? Jan. 24th, 2013 @ 10:55 PM Reply

Its also possible That vaccines can cause autism.

Stop feeding babies junk and let them grow naturally

lel

Gramiscus
Gramiscus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Melancholy
Response to Corporate coverups, world danger? Jan. 24th, 2013 @ 11:05 PM Reply

At 1/24/13 10:51 PM, BumFodder wrote: Even though you cant hear it, if it was harmful it would still hurt your ears.

Your ears only respond to audible noise. Ultrasound doesn't hurt your ears. It hurts your brain. or balls, whichever you have.

Sound is just a vibration, what are vibrations going to do, cause a mutation? lol

Maybe. There are scientific articles that report that ultrasound can cause epigenetic changes in skin cells. You underestimate the complexity of your body.

this isn't a random organization it's an international board of the world's experts on using ultrasound in medicine.

of course i could link you tons of similar articles from the journal Ultrasound in Medicine but would that mean anything to you at all?

BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to Corporate coverups, world danger? Jan. 24th, 2013 @ 11:11 PM Reply

nice trolling lel

Gramiscus
Gramiscus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Melancholy
Response to Corporate coverups, world danger? Jan. 24th, 2013 @ 11:13 PM Reply

At 1/24/13 11:11 PM, BumFodder wrote: nice trolling lel

do you feel really awkward about 3 posts in, when you realize
wait a minute

all of these people are a lot smarter than me

shit

Dr-Worm
Dr-Worm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Movie Buff
Response to Corporate coverups, world danger? Jan. 25th, 2013 @ 03:42 AM Reply

At 1/24/13 10:55 PM, Sequenced wrote: Its also possible That vaccines can cause autism.

No it fucking isn't. The one study that claimed that and got publicity because of ridiculous celebrity endorsements and sensationalistic media coverage was found to be fraudulent.

The real threat to children's wellbeing is ignorant people listening to whatever hysterical bullshit they read online instead of the informed consensus of actual scientists. And the topic of this thread stinks of the same kind of dangerous crap the vaccination scare did.

Apologies if you actually know all this and you're just being sarcastic. It's hard to tell sometimes.

NG Cinema Club Movie of the Week: If... (Anderson, 1968, UK) | Letterboxd | Last.fm

BBS Signature
Gramiscus
Gramiscus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Melancholy
Response to Corporate coverups, world danger? Jan. 25th, 2013 @ 01:37 PM Reply

At 1/25/13 03:42 AM, Dr-Worm wrote: No it fucking isn't. The one study that claimed that and got publicity because of ridiculous celebrity endorsements and sensationalistic media coverage was found to be fraudulent.

The real threat to children's wellbeing is ignorant people listening to whatever hysterical bullshit they read online instead of the informed consensus of actual scientists. And the topic of this thread stinks of the same kind of dangerous crap the vaccination scare did.

Apologies if you actually know all this and you're just being sarcastic. It's hard to tell sometimes.

I have supplied many links to research articles raising concerns and warnings. These are many scientists, independent of one another, discussing real and verified experimental results.

Let me give you another tidbit I came across -
Autism rates rose very heavily around 1970-1975 in the United States. The Center for Disease Control conducted a long term study, following autism incidence rates in several communities across 17 states.

Japan has not had a single organization perform autism studies, however all studies in Japan have consistently reported higher numbers than studies in the United States (and the trends look like they are about 10 years ahead or there abouts).

According to the history of ultrasound in obgyn medicine, in 1962~ all countries -except- Japan stopped the use of ultrasound in obgyn medicine due to patent issues and other things.

So, Japan is 10~ years advanced in autism rates than the US. They also used ultrasound 10 years longer. Autism began to exponentially increase in both countries independently of one another, during the same time that ultrasound was first introduced into OBGYN medicine.

Not only that, but autism rates are higher in wealthier families, higher educated people, and mothers with private insurance. lol.

BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to Corporate coverups, world danger? Jan. 25th, 2013 @ 01:45 PM Reply

At 1/25/13 01:37 PM, Gramiscus wrote: Let me give you another tidbit I came across -
Autism rates rose very heavily around 1970-1975 in the United States. The Center for Disease Control conducted a long term study, following autism incidence rates in several communities across 17 states.

Autism became more diagnosed through the 1980s due to changes in diagnostic practice and more interest and information about it. Autism rates didnt rise, the rate of diagnosis did. Correlation does not equal causation and thats something that conspiracy theorists fail to realise. They think that the only answer to the questions are their own and ignore or deny everything else with poor explanations.

Theres not any other reason for the rise at all.

Jumbe
Jumbe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Reader
Response to Corporate coverups, world danger? Jan. 25th, 2013 @ 01:48 PM Reply

you dug yourself in a big hole there, buddy.

Everything in this post is wrong.
I'm sorry, Jumbe, but you're fucking ugly -Amaranthus

BBS Signature
Gramiscus
Gramiscus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Melancholy
Response to Corporate coverups, world danger? Jan. 25th, 2013 @ 01:49 PM Reply

At 1/25/13 01:45 PM, BumFodder wrote: Autism became more diagnosed through the 1980s due to changes in diagnostic practice and more interest and information about it. Autism rates didnt rise, the rate of diagnosis did. Correlation does not equal causation and thats something that conspiracy theorists fail to realise. They think that the only answer to the questions are their own and ignore or deny everything else with poor explanations.

Theres not any other reason for the rise at all.

According to multiple studies only a fraction of the rise in autism can be accounted for by diagnostic practices.
In the bottom of this graph from AutismSpeaks.org it clarifies that 25% of the rise in this study could be accounted for by diagnostic changes.

Do you have any valid sources that support your claim?

Corporate coverups, world danger?

DarkMatter
DarkMatter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Animator
Response to Corporate coverups, world danger? Jan. 25th, 2013 @ 02:03 PM Reply

At 1/24/13 09:34 PM, Gramiscus wrote:
Wait a minute.
The only professionals who know about ultrasound are the ultrasound manufacturers. Doctors don't.
...that means that the regulatory agencies who control sonography are financially tied to the manufacturers...
... that means that the committees who sponsor ultrasound research will be, by necessity, related to the manufacturer, . . .

aw shoot

You'll find that the more you look at things, a similar pattern emerges. The world is completely clusterfucked with bullshit loopholes being exploited at such a high level individuals can hardly comprehend. This is mostly due to the fact that as individuals we have to jump through hoops and bend over backwards for a social system that is not only corrupt, but broken, and loophole exploitation of any kind is prosecuted to the letter. Apparently at that level you're untouchable as opposed to completely vulnerable.

WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO THAT DUDE WITH THE RED HAT BROWN TRENCH COAT AND SHOTGUN?!?! I miss the old ASSASSIN days. Click Me

BBS Signature
Urban-Champion
Urban-Champion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Corporate coverups, world danger? Jan. 25th, 2013 @ 02:34 PM Reply

I gat my papcorn and my soooda just in time for the fireworks

PimpNFresh
PimpNFresh
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Movie Buff
Response to Corporate coverups, world danger? Jan. 25th, 2013 @ 02:44 PM Reply

Even if there was a small chance that ultrasounds could cause some sort of problem, they also help doctors diagnose other more serious complications that could arise during a pregnancy.

"I don't got nothin'... but I'll give what I got"
-The Nightwatchman

BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to Corporate coverups, world danger? Jan. 25th, 2013 @ 03:33 PM Reply

At 1/25/13 01:49 PM, Gramiscus wrote: Do you have any valid sources that support your claim?

Yeah because the rate of autism is clearly growing quadratically. What a stupid graph.

FattyWhale
FattyWhale
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Melancholy
Response to Corporate coverups, world danger? Jan. 25th, 2013 @ 03:37 PM Reply

At 1/24/13 10:27 PM, Gramiscus wrote: But there are tons more that I have not listed there. Instead of spamming you with i-told-you-so's, why don't you ask a targeted question that you'd like to discuss?

Why do you post a crackpot theory with no sources, then get bitchy at someone who asks for sources?

[1] [2] [3] [4] [5]
:3

BBS Signature
supergandhi64
supergandhi64
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Corporate coverups, world danger? Jan. 25th, 2013 @ 04:10 PM Reply

ultrasound is the illuminati's way of brainwashing people before they are even born. autism is passed off as a pathological condition which couldn't be any more misleading. autists are illuminati sleeper agents, and if the illuminati were to issue a command then people with autism wouldn't be able to resist it. this means that if an autistic person finds someone's words particularly compelling, that someone might be closely connected to the illuminati

--supergandhi64

BBS Signature
Gramiscus
Gramiscus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Melancholy
Response to Corporate coverups, world danger? Jan. 25th, 2013 @ 04:28 PM Reply

At 1/25/13 03:37 PM, FattyWhale wrote:
Why do you post a crackpot theory with no sources, then get bitchy at someone who asks for sources?

Hey, I posted sources now. You can check it out.

I didn't mean to sound bitchy. I'm still getting used to this dealing with a bunch of people calling my theories crackpot ideas before they read the evidence I provide.

It's not like I have internationally famous autism researchers saying that I'm right about this or anything. ..oh wait