New Topic Respond to this Topic
stunkel
stunkel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Ministry of Rock? 2013-01-23 23:46:41 Reply

Hey I'm looking at getting this. Has anyone tried using this and if so, is it good? I need some better guitar VST's as well as drums and I have talked to some friends about the guitars but I wanted the musicians of newgrounds opinion!

Ministry of Rock

Check out my pages!
Soundcloud Youtube Twitter Facebook

AndyLau
AndyLau
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Ministry of Rock? 2013-01-24 00:21:40 Reply

At 1/23/13 11:46 PM, stunkel wrote: Hey I'm looking at getting this. Has anyone tried using this and if so, is it good? I need some better guitar VST's as well as drums and I have talked to some friends about the guitars but I wanted the musicians of newgrounds opinion!

Ministry of Rock

I know that EWQL has a sale every year around the holiday season, and that that is the best tie to purchase EWQL products.

BBS Signature
jaysummers759885
jaysummers759885
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Ministry of Rock? 2013-01-24 00:54:25 Reply

At 1/23/13 11:46 PM, stunkel wrote: Hey I'm looking at getting this. Has anyone tried using this and if so, is it good? I need some better guitar VST's as well as drums and I have talked to some friends about the guitars but I wanted the musicians of newgrounds opinion!

Ministry of Rock

``````````````````````````

Looks pretty sweet, but I wouldn't buy it for the guitar VSTs. The drum samples are pretty nice, and it seems like an easy way to set your drums up in the software that I saw in the demo. I say pick up a guitar, you will learn it faster than in the time it will take to get realistic sounding VST's for the actual instrument.

Hard to fake buddy, has too much to do with the hands ya see. A guitarists hands are his/her fingerprint. REALLY hard to make virtual.

But good luck in your hunt, that would be my opinion rock star.

~J

stunkel
stunkel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Ministry of Rock? 2013-01-24 00:59:13 Reply

At 1/24/13 12:54 AM, jaysummers759885 wrote:

Ministry of Rock
``````````````````````````

Looks pretty sweet, but I wouldn't buy it for the guitar VSTs. The drum samples are pretty nice, and it seems like an easy way to set your drums up in the software that I saw in the demo. I say pick up a guitar, you will learn it faster than in the time it will take to get realistic sounding VST's for the actual instrument.

Hard to fake buddy, has too much to do with the hands ya see. A guitarists hands are his/her fingerprint. REALLY hard to make virtual.

But good luck in your hunt, that would be my opinion rock star.

~J

Well I'm doing it for the whole package, and this comes with a ton of different amps too, and it gives you the option to combine the sounds of different amps. Just wanted to know peoples personal experience with this though

Check out my pages!

MetalRenard
MetalRenard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Ministry of Rock? 2013-01-24 17:00:00 Reply

My personal experience is 2nd hand only since I've heard it in other people's works. From what I've heard, the guitars suck, really bad, but the rest is cool.
If I was getting the Complete Composers Collection I don't know if MoR would be on my list.

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! I'm on Youtube. Come check me out! Veteran REAPER user.

BBS Signature
stunkel
stunkel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Ministry of Rock? 2013-01-24 17:08:29 Reply

At 1/24/13 05:00 PM, MetalRenard wrote: My personal experience is 2nd hand only since I've heard it in other people's works. From what I've heard, the guitars suck, really bad, but the rest is cool.
If I was getting the Complete Composers Collection I don't know if MoR would be on my list.

Hmm... Do you know any one that has used them on newgrounds before? I'd love yo hear some examples if anyone knows of any

Check out my pages!

KatMaestro
KatMaestro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Ministry of Rock? 2013-01-24 17:20:30 Reply

If you are looking for guitar only, get Electri6ty.

NickPerrin
NickPerrin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Ministry of Rock? 2013-01-24 17:55:33 Reply

DO NOT GET MINISTRY OF ROCK IF YOU ARE BUYING IT FOR GUITARS.

I'm sure the basses will sound okay, especially if they're in a mix. The drums sound good.
But the guitars are pitiful, disgusting, avoid them. If the guitars in the product demos made by pros and the devs of the product don't even sound good, you know you shouldn't buy them.

If you want a guitar that's good for rock/metal applications and you're too lazy to learn to play (nothing replaces the real thing even in simple applications), then I recommend Shreddage X. It sounds good, it's easy to use, and it's AFFORDABLE! All you need to add is an amp sim. This gives it added flexibility.

Bonus points: go to the "user demos" section of the site, find my name, and listen to my track made with Shreddage called Desert Thunder! Listening to user demos is great because you can hear what it sounds like in the hands of anyone-who's-not-a-dev-of-the-product.

Shreddage 2 is also available now and I assume it's even better, but it costs more. If you buy Shreddage 1 and the Shreddage Picked Bass you have what you need for guitar/bass combo without breaking the bank.

Remember this virtual instrument will kick butt in the rock and metal arena but perhaps not the acid jazz fusion ballet zone. Ministry of Rock's guitars will kick butt nowhere ever.

Rampant
Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Ministry of Rock? 2013-01-24 18:01:00 Reply

At 1/24/13 05:20 PM, Elitistinen wrote: If you are looking for guitar only, get Electri6ity

I'd recommend Impact Soundworks' Shreddage 2, which is incredibly easy to use and has a great DI-recorded sound (ie you run it through your own FX, as opposed to Ministry of Rock, which has already been recorded through amps).

Scarbee MM Bass is amazing and versatile (Kontakt 4/5), and Native Instruments' Abbey Road drums are also fantastic.

So yes, ministry of rock is cheaper, but most of it is crap and won't pass for being very realistic anymore. (MoR2 doesn't look that fantastic, either: the guitars still sound off, and the basses still sound pretty fake.)

Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to Ministry of Rock? 2013-01-24 18:06:53 Reply

also consider this option if you need guitar

stunkel
stunkel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Ministry of Rock? 2013-01-24 18:34:40 Reply

Basically I need some better sounding drums, the ones that come with logic just aren't doing it for me. And I'm listening to Shreddage 2 and it sounds awesome. I can't tell the difference between all of the guitars... how many are there? It seems like a good price absolutely though! And thanks Buoy for that thread, I will definitely use that in the future I'm sure.

Also, is everything in the demos on that page that Nick sent VST's? Or are some of the instruments live? It all sounds amazing either way.

Also, I am looking at Shreddage Complete Edition, which is better? Shreddage 2 or Shreddage Complete?

Check out my pages!

MetalRenard
MetalRenard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Ministry of Rock? 2013-01-24 18:44:53 Reply

If you want drums then don't get a pack, just get a drum vst like Studio Drummer by Native Instruments (I swear by that plugin, love it). If you want a bass, check out (surprisingly) Evolve Mutations 2, it has a sexy 5 string bass.

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! I'm on Youtube. Come check me out! Veteran REAPER user.

BBS Signature
Rampant
Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Ministry of Rock? 2013-01-24 18:57:41 Reply

At 1/24/13 06:34 PM, stunkel wrote: Basically I need some better sounding drums, the ones that come with logic just aren't doing it for me. And I'm listening to Shreddage 2 and it sounds awesome. I can't tell the difference between all of the guitars... how many are there?

I think it's just one (maybe two?) patches -- one for lead, one for rhythm. Basically, they just give you clean (Direct Input) samples, and you can run them through whatever effects you want, such as Logic's built-in ones or any other virtual effects racks you have (e.g. Guitar Rig, etc.).

Otherwise, it's pretty damn fun to play with, and it doesn't much effort to get it to sound good.

KKSlider60
KKSlider60
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to Ministry of Rock? 2013-01-24 19:35:22 Reply

At 1/24/13 06:57 PM, RampantMusik wrote:
At 1/24/13 06:34 PM, stunkel wrote: Basically I need some better sounding drums, the ones that come with logic just aren't doing it for me. And I'm listening to Shreddage 2 and it sounds awesome. I can't tell the difference between all of the guitars... how many are there?
I think it's just one (maybe two?) patches -- one for lead, one for rhythm. Basically, they just give you clean (Direct Input) samples, and you can run them through whatever effects you want, such as Logic's built-in ones or any other virtual effects racks you have (e.g. Guitar Rig, etc.).

Otherwise, it's pretty damn fun to play with, and it doesn't much effort to get it to sound good.

Go for Shreddage 2, I'm considering buying it too since I have already Shreddage X. It's freaking awesome, and I'd recommend it any day. ;)

stunkel
stunkel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Ministry of Rock? 2013-01-24 20:13:15 Reply

Thanks a lot everyone! This has all been really helpful. Anyone who wants to give some more suggestions please do so, I have a lot of listening to do and I want to make the right decision! All help is appreciated

Check out my pages!

KatMaestro
KatMaestro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Ministry of Rock? 2013-01-24 20:30:07 Reply

RealStrat looks good.

stunkel
stunkel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Ministry of Rock? 2013-01-25 01:01:48 Reply

Oh! Also, what about Shreddage complete edition?

Check out my pages!

deadlyfishes
deadlyfishes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Ministry of Rock? 2013-01-25 20:11:52 Reply

At 1/24/13 05:08 PM, stunkel wrote:
At 1/24/13 05:00 PM, MetalRenard wrote: My personal experience is 2nd hand only since I've heard it in other people's works. From what I've heard, the guitars suck, really bad, but the rest is cool.
Hmm... Do you know any one that has used them on newgrounds before? I'd love yo hear some examples if anyone knows of any

I used Ministry of Rock II here, but it's pretty much the same stuff:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3aK1rvWZJk

<Professional Composer> <AudioJungle Reviewer>
OFFICIAL MUSIC SITE!
Check out something I did for NATA 2013! Hikarian's winning NATA 2013 Entry

BBS Signature