Be a Supporter!
Vassilisk
Vassilisk
  • Member since: Oct. 29, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Gamer
REM 2013-01-23 21:33:48

Ok guys! So, this thread should do it.
I'll post now what i've in mind, so we can start working on it.

Black screen, and then the words come up with a deep voice reading them.

When we sleep, we face four diferent stages. The Fourth one, is the REM stage, where most of our memorable dreams occur hereâEU¦ So do our nightmares.

Can you imagine if we could travel through multiple parallel universes when we dream? Maybe, what we call âEUoeDreamsâEU are the lives of our parallel opposites, and what we call living, itâEUTMs a dream for them. Wich would be the reality? WhatâEUTMs real and whatâEUTMs not? And how do we know when weâEUTMre not dreaming?.

Game starts

The idea of the game, is for you to travel through all of the universes (A to J (including their primas) ) in order to return to the original A. Being able to swap universes for a few secs between the original and the prima, and viceversa, that way, eluding certain obstacles, otherwise impossibles. Also, the inclussion of a âEUoeAwakeâEU button, thatâEUTMd take you to a random universe (anyone but the one youâEUTMre in and the prima) for a few secs, making the situation easier, or not. Each universo will have his âEUoeown and uniqueâEU aesthetics. Bunny rabbitâEUTMs world would be round, and soft, whilst the universe of pain and anal destruction would be more spikey and rigid. Music should also vary between them, and certain characteristics of the game would too. I.e.: Gravity, keyconfig (pessing the ât' arrow, would make the char go left. Or maybe he can go only left.). The ideal thing is to have 10 universes, each one having two. Universe A has also A prima, and so on until universe J and J prima. Some levels, would be some sort of mario-thingy, like in hopping, and bouncing off things, others should be like a shooter, or run âEU~nâEUTM gun. But the main char will stay the same, no matter the look of the universo, or maybe it could also change to fit it. About a certain enemy. Probably the first levels should have only general enemies, universe related, and as the game builds up, some sort of âEUoeAgent SmithâEU should appear, trying to stop him. Btw, lvls should start like this âEUoeFalls asleep on universe A and travels to A prima. Wakes up in a bed, and has to pass the level to get to another bed, and so on, until the last bed takes him to the original universe.âEU
When the game is âEUoewonâEU to call it somehow, heâEUTMll wake up in universe A, and walk around, when suddenly, the âEUoeAwakeâEU button will be available again, making him actually, wake up. Finding himself in one of those bathtubs from the matrix, (I was thinking of a still animation) where two tubes inject some sort of liquid, wich puts him to sleep again, returning to universe AâEU¦ our universe.

IMPORTANT!

This is all just an idea, so if thereâEUTMs anything you want to change, or to propose, just say it! IâEUTMm more than open to changes on it :D!

Oh, and the team so far

3Flay - Voice Actor
Xxxiiixxx - Voice Actor
Talesfromthecript - Voice Actor
BasicGames - Animator
HarmonicaCheese - Music
HDRevil - Animator
VanDiest - Programmer
CJBIG - Art
ArtmanVernon305 - Script

And a friend of BasicGames wich will be gettin in contact with me on these days. Ok, cmon, rain ideas on me!

Vassilisk
Vassilisk
  • Member since: Oct. 29, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Gamer
Response to REM 2013-01-23 21:40:55

Ok, so... Sorry for misstyping 75% of the names :P

Vassilisk
Vassilisk
  • Member since: Oct. 29, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Gamer
Response to REM 2013-01-23 21:43:37

Second apology, weird letters in the text are basically, " ' " as in "how's"

CJBIG
CJBIG
  • Member since: Jun. 27, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Animator
Response to REM 2013-01-23 21:56:05

We should narrow the mechanic down to two worlds


www.Joy-Toilet.com Anything But Shitty Entertainment!

Metraff
Metraff
  • Member since: Sep. 2, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Voice Actor
Response to REM 2013-01-23 21:58:23

At 1/23/13 09:56 PM, CJBIG wrote: We should narrow the mechanic down to two worlds

Seconding this.
I suggest RPG for one.


Support NG. Tweeter "Metraff I'm going to fuck you." - Sodamachine

Vassilisk
Vassilisk
  • Member since: Oct. 29, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Gamer
Response to REM 2013-01-23 22:01:42

Ok, one goes for RPG, i'd say either that, or adventure.

Metraff
Metraff
  • Member since: Sep. 2, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Voice Actor
Response to REM 2013-01-23 22:04:48

At 1/23/13 10:01 PM, Vassilisk wrote: Ok, one goes for RPG, i'd say either that, or adventure.

Oh yeah, that too.

Also, we could've just made a Project for this, couldn't we have?
Lol doesn't matter, we're all here now anyway.


Support NG. Tweeter "Metraff I'm going to fuck you." - Sodamachine

Vassilisk
Vassilisk
  • Member since: Oct. 29, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Gamer
Response to REM 2013-01-23 22:06:34

At 1/23/13 10:04 PM, 3Flay wrote:
At 1/23/13 10:01 PM, Vassilisk wrote: Ok, one goes for RPG, i'd say either that, or adventure.
Oh yeah, that too.

Also, we could've just made a Project for this, couldn't we have?
Lol doesn't matter, we're all here now anyway.

Yes, yes we could. But I love making my life difficult :P Ok, we have that now. Tomorrow probably, i'll start working on the script for you guys. And do you have any ideas regarding the story?

Metraff
Metraff
  • Member since: Sep. 2, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Voice Actor
Response to REM 2013-01-23 22:16:56

At 1/23/13 10:06 PM, Vassilisk wrote:
At 1/23/13 10:04 PM, 3Flay wrote:
At 1/23/13 10:01 PM, Vassilisk wrote: Ok, one goes for RPG, i'd say either that, or adventure.
Oh yeah, that too.

Also, we could've just made a Project for this, couldn't we have?
Lol doesn't matter, we're all here now anyway.
Yes, yes we could. But I love making my life difficult :P Ok, we have that now. Tomorrow probably, i'll start working on the script for you guys. And do you have any ideas regarding the story?

I don't, I'm not much of a writer. I've got a question, though. The other voice actors and I, who's voicing who? Just outta' curiosity.


Support NG. Tweeter "Metraff I'm going to fuck you." - Sodamachine

VanDiest
VanDiest
  • Member since: Jan. 19, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Game Developer
Response to REM 2013-01-23 22:18:29

those weird letters make this hard to read, wonder why that happens.
So this will be a platformer for sure? I can get started on the basics (gravity, movement, not exactly sure what else.) Also making a project would be a good idea so I can upload the .swf when I finish the basics for you all to try out.
Also guys, I am still a beginner to AS3 so I might need some help later on the road when we get to more complicated aspects, but for now I'm pretty sure I can do everything.

Vassilisk
Vassilisk
  • Member since: Oct. 29, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Gamer
Response to REM 2013-01-23 22:43:24

At 1/23/13 10:18 PM, VanDiest wrote: those weird letters make this hard to read, wonder why that happens.
So this will be a platformer for sure? I can get started on the basics (gravity, movement, not exactly sure what else.) Also making a project would be a good idea so I can upload the .swf when I finish the basics for you all to try out.
Also guys, I am still a beginner to AS3 so I might need some help later on the road when we get to more complicated aspects, but for now I'm pretty sure I can do everything.

I think it's because of office word.

So, van, yes it's a plataformer, and i've never done a project before, so i don't actually know what are the advantages and stuff, but you know more than i do, so sure! If you feel that getting one is the way to go, then don't even doubt about creating one! And also, BasicGames, the other animator, is gonna work with you, and he knows his way around AS3 pretty good, so get in touch with him about what to do and how, work together, so it'll go faster and easier!

and Flay, you're voicing the main char (whos name should be something normal as, pete or john, giving the idea that this could happen to anyone), xxxiiixxx is doing the narrator, talesfromthecrypt is doing some character yet to be created, And we should get a woman too.

oh and, basic and HDRevill, if you need some help, there's another guy wanting to join. So, just give me the heads up, and you have one more person to work with! :D

Vassilisk
Vassilisk
  • Member since: Oct. 29, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Gamer
Response to REM 2013-01-23 22:44:53

Oh, also, and i think this is more than obvious, conversations, as in any good rpg are gonna be done with the classic character avatar on the side and the text in the middle. Ofc, voiced.

Metraff
Metraff
  • Member since: Sep. 2, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Voice Actor
Response to REM 2013-01-23 23:03:54

At 1/23/13 10:43 PM, Vassilisk wrote: and Flay, you're voicing the main char (whos name should be something normal as, pete or john, giving the idea that this could happen to anyone), xxxiiixxx is doing the narrator, talesfromthecrypt is doing some character yet to be created, And we should get a woman too.

Alright, sounds good. I agree, getting a female wouldn't be a bad idea, if you can create an ideal character.


Support NG. Tweeter "Metraff I'm going to fuck you." - Sodamachine

Vassilisk
Vassilisk
  • Member since: Oct. 29, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Gamer
Response to REM 2013-01-23 23:07:11

Alright, sounds good. I agree, getting a female wouldn't be a bad idea, if you can create an ideal character.

It would also imply some sort of joke, about different universes and shit.

talesfromthecrypt
talesfromthecrypt
  • Member since: Aug. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Voice Actor
Response to REM 2013-01-24 03:37:05

At 1/23/13 11:03 PM, 3Flay wrote:
At 1/23/13 10:43 PM, Vassilisk wrote: and Flay, you're voicing the main char (whos name should be something normal as, pete or john, giving the idea that this could happen to anyone), xxxiiixxx is doing the narrator, talesfromthecrypt is doing some character yet to be created, And we should get a woman too.
Alright, sounds good. I agree, getting a female wouldn't be a bad idea, if you can create an ideal character.

Hey there, glad to be part of the team. I might be able to get an actress friend of mine to do the female voice if the scripte is wrapped up in the next couple days.
For the record; my voice is pretty low, but I have a wide range in which I can speak.

HDRevill
HDRevill
  • Member since: Mar. 18, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Animator
Response to REM 2013-01-24 04:44:49

When will we be told what we need to animate dude?

Auz
Auz
  • Member since: Feb. 23, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to REM 2013-01-24 07:03:37

This is what we have a Collaboration Forum for.


[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod] Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 10 August 2014)

BBS Signature