• 56 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Games you were too scared to finish Jan. 25th, 2013 @ 12:24 PM Reply

At 1/25/13 08:43 AM, RyanRoxx666 wrote: LSD for the Playstation.

Due to the fact the game was pretty much an entire phobia I have on one disc.

That shit was intense towards the end, couldn't finish it.

The game doesn't end though. The dreams go and go.

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
Chemich
Chemich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Games you were too scared to finish Jan. 25th, 2013 @ 01:02 PM Reply

This one.

Games you were too scared to finish

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

BBS Signature
RyanRoxx666
RyanRoxx666
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Gamer
Response to Games you were too scared to finish Jan. 25th, 2013 @ 02:04 PM Reply

At 1/25/13 01:02 PM, Chemich wrote: This one.

I fucking LOL'd.

CrazyRock
CrazyRock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Movie Buff
Response to Games you were too scared to finish Jan. 25th, 2013 @ 03:24 PM Reply

Penumbra: Black Plague.

I got real far(I think, never checked). I was in a 'giant' maze full of those monsters and there was a broken window and it was a snow storm outside, shit was scary as shit and hard as I couldn't figure out what to do so I quit.

Thanks Chdonga for the signature. <3

BBS Signature
darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Games you were too scared to finish Jan. 25th, 2013 @ 04:07 PM Reply

fallout new Vegas has and still does scare the crap out of me. Going into an abandoned factory to hear ghouls shrieking then having a night stalk come out of nowhere and attack you is shit scary.

It's hip to be square, but it's hipper to be torus!-///You shall watch and you shall like.

BBS Signature
VoidForce
VoidForce
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Game Developer
Response to Games you were too scared to finish Jan. 25th, 2013 @ 04:12 PM Reply

At 1/24/13 12:36 PM, Jackho wrote:
At 1/23/13 09:26 PM, VoidForce wrote: licker
it's eyes creep me out
I'm not too sure about that bro, lickers never had eyes apart from that one shitty attempt in RE Outbreak.

They did and they were weird looking.

Dev
Dev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Reader
Response to Games you were too scared to finish Jan. 25th, 2013 @ 05:17 PM Reply

At 1/24/13 07:07 AM, Mismo wrote: Well it is not a horror game, but I would not have been able to complete Super Mario 64 if someone wouldn't have helped me play through those water levels. That fucking eel man!

Ha, that used to get to me when I was a kid, too. :P Deep, dark water has always kind of creeped me out for some reason.

This sig is my identity -what was I thinking getting rid of it??
Holder of the Top 300 BP list.
Top 90 BP'er; EGSC #153

BBS Signature
Hybrid-Of-Souls
Hybrid-Of-Souls
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Game Developer
Response to Games you were too scared to finish Jan. 26th, 2013 @ 02:42 AM Reply

Far from the horror genre, but there is this one Nuzloke run on LeafGreen that I have where I imposed the hardest of rules on myself. I'm rather underleveled, about to face the elite four, I lost my starter along the way, my grinding options are limited...yeah, it's hard on me.

Top medal point users (updated Sundays) | Wi/Ht member #43
Steam ID
Join the party | V NG Archive V |

BBS Signature
ImmaculateCobra
ImmaculateCobra
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Filmmaker
Response to Games you were too scared to finish Jan. 26th, 2013 @ 02:50 AM Reply

None. I bit all the Resident Evils and Silen-.... scratch that. DAMN IT SILENT HILL 2

Making Videos and Doing Nothing Since 1997!
Steam Page

BBS Signature
Chrausner
Chrausner
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Musician
Response to Games you were too scared to finish Jan. 26th, 2013 @ 03:36 AM Reply

Ocarina of Time. I shit you not.

I tried finishing the game when I was 9, but the Forest & Shadow Temple, as well as the Well, scared the shit out of me. I abandoned the game itself and returned when I was around 13. That's when I managed to complete the game. I was scared of the Skullkids in Hyrule Field and the Redeads in the Well & Shadow Temple...

I was such a pussy back then.

| Level 23 | Captain | Deity Whistle | DnB Producer
MLP: FiM Crew - Elite Guard Barracks - AF Lounge
Be my friend and you'll receive a cookie. ^____^

BBS Signature
VoidForce
VoidForce
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Game Developer
Response to Games you were too scared to finish Jan. 26th, 2013 @ 10:41 AM Reply

At 1/26/13 03:36 AM, Chrausner wrote: Ocarina of Time. I shit you not.

I tried finishing the game when I was 9, but the Forest & Shadow Temple, as well as the Well, scared the shit out of me. I abandoned the game itself and returned when I was around 13. That's when I managed to complete the game. I was scared of the Skullkids in Hyrule Field and the Redeads in the Well & Shadow Temple...

I was such a pussy back then.

The peahat to the left after your first talk with Kaepora Gaebora in Hyrule Field took me completely by surprise and scared the life out of me. I actually only stuck to the Hyrule Field Path for ages out of fear of running into one again.

Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to Games you were too scared to finish Jan. 26th, 2013 @ 11:57 AM Reply

Eh, I remember the first time playing Silent Hill with my brother on the PS1.
After having an encounter with the first monster, we were like, "fuck this" and turned the game off. The next day we went and destroyed the disc.

ThunderGearINC
ThunderGearINC
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Games you were too scared to finish Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 09:41 AM Reply

day Z.....man when a zombie attacks you I always quit the game. Too F*** scary. I even quit playing it because of it...nigthmares...

RyanRoxx666
RyanRoxx666
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Gamer
Response to Games you were too scared to finish Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 04:55 PM Reply

At 1/25/13 12:24 PM, sweet21 wrote:
At 1/25/13 08:43 AM, RyanRoxx666 wrote: LSD for the Playstation.

Due to the fact the game was pretty much an entire phobia I have on one disc.

That shit was intense towards the end, couldn't finish it.
The game doesn't end though. The dreams go and go.

You can reach an ending eventually if you play it right.

Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to Games you were too scared to finish Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 07:50 PM Reply

At 1/25/13 09:42 AM, Bahamut wrote: My latest playthrough of Silent Hill 3. Only just got past the shopping mall and already that game scared me too much and yet I've played this game many times in the past.

I know that feeling. I got up to the Hospital on Silent Hill 2 before I got stuck and too scared to continue, and before that I got too scared when I was in the apartments...again being stuck. Silent Hill 2 truly does have a brilliant atmosphere where I am forced to turn it off due to feeling uneasy while wandering aimlessly being stuck. Then I played Silent Hill 3 and I again got stuck in the Shopping mall and turned it off...it seems to be a running theme with those games.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 44
Musician
Response to Games you were too scared to finish Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 09:47 PM Reply

LSD, the overall atmosphere was creepy.

Resident Evil 2 and 3 both took me awhile when I was about 12. The Lickers, Mr. X, and Nemesis all scared me every time I saw them.

Also, Silent Hill 3 when I was around the same age. Almost everything in the game scared me the first time I saw them.

<3//Request a Review//Review Request Club // #9 Reviewer // #3 Audio Reviewer

BBS Signature
llplldll
llplldll
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Game Developer
Response to Games you were too scared to finish Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 11:11 PM Reply

Definitely Fatal Frame.
When I was younger I owned all of the games but still to this day I haven't finished them (I only got through part 1, and that was because I didn't play alone).
I hate the type of games in which you have NO WEAPONS and scary stuff pops out at you... :/

BeamShank
BeamShank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Art Lover
Response to Games you were too scared to finish Jan. 28th, 2013 @ 03:49 PM Reply

My friend gave up playing amnesia before he even reached any enemies lol

sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Games you were too scared to finish Jan. 28th, 2013 @ 04:18 PM Reply

At 1/28/13 03:49 PM, BeamShank wrote: My friend gave up playing amnesia before he even reached any enemies lol

What a wuss.

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
MusicalWonders
MusicalWonders
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Art Lover
Response to Games you were too scared to finish Jan. 31st, 2013 @ 01:34 AM Reply

The game of this thread.

Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 49
Writer
Response to Games you were too scared to finish Jan. 31st, 2013 @ 03:40 AM Reply

At 1/23/13 06:08 PM, T3XT wrote: Has there ever been a game you were too scared to finish?

Not that I can recall.

CrazyRock
CrazyRock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Movie Buff
Response to Games you were too scared to finish Feb. 2nd, 2013 @ 08:19 AM Reply

At 1/26/13 06:25 PM, MikeyS9607 wrote: The original Half-Life when I was 5/6 years old.

Same here, the first headcrab encounter where it jumps out of a vent used to scare the shit out of me.

Thanks Chdonga for the signature. <3

BBS Signature
MrSaint
MrSaint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Games you were too scared to finish Feb. 2nd, 2013 @ 09:30 AM Reply

I remember playing Silent Hill when I was 9 years old. I think I reached the Midwich Elementary School. I probably missed some necessary items and had to backtrack, but I sucked at videogames back then, so I couldn't figure that out. And the whole foggy shityourpants atmosphere wasn't helping, so after being scared shitless I just shut the game off.

But I am planning to beat it sometime soon.

tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Games you were too scared to finish Feb. 2nd, 2013 @ 11:07 AM Reply

I remember when I was 7 or 8 (because the GameCube had just come out) me and my Brother helped our cousin hook up his NES but he kept saying there was no point because he hadn't any games for it. We looked through a few buckets and drawers where is PS2 and PS1 games are and surely enough, we found an NES game. Eventually after giving this game a few tries I felt spooked, dunno why. Perhaps it was just the general tone of the point and click adventure.

Anyway, this game was Uninvited. Whenever I look it up or look up Scariest Video Games it's usually somewhere high on the list. Scariest NES game I ever played anyway.

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Games you were too scared to finish Feb. 2nd, 2013 @ 11:46 AM Reply

Siren: Blood Curse will ruin your life.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
MentalMyles
MentalMyles
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Animator
Response to Games you were too scared to finish Feb. 2nd, 2013 @ 05:46 PM Reply

Ocarina of Time when after when Sheik talked about Link going to the Shadow Temple.

Back then that game creeped me the fuck out

hey, howz it goin?

BBS Signature
YellowisCOOL
YellowisCOOL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Games you were too scared to finish Feb. 2nd, 2013 @ 06:05 PM Reply

At 1/23/13 06:08 PM, T3XT wrote: You know a horror game is truly horrific when this happens.

I can only recall not being able to finish this game because it was too scary.

Has there ever been a game you were too scared to finish?

Woah, that game is creepy. The eerie music really gets to you.
I was too scared to finish Doom 3 when I was younger. Lol.

R O A $ T D U C K - Soundcloud
ϫ It's a metaphor you potato with eyes ϫ

BBS Signature