LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Reader
Response to Windwaker HD thread! Jan. 24th, 2013 @ 04:17 PM Reply

At 1/24/13 12:06 PM, LemonCrush wrote:
At 1/24/13 03:31 AM, LiquidFire wrote: You don't know that
If how they treat their fan-bases in the past is any indication, I do.

It's not just Earthbound, they do the same shit with Mario, F-Zero, Starfox...hell, even metroid sometimes. They don't really listen to fans.

That still doesn't mean it isn't going to happen.
Besides, if it would rack in a lot of money, it would be stupid not to make it.

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it
Find me on the internet / TF2 Crew / NG Trophy Leaderboard / NG User Icon Makers / NG GM Scripts

BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Windwaker HD thread! Jan. 24th, 2013 @ 05:14 PM Reply

At 1/24/13 12:00 PM, LiquidFire wrote: I think you need to research things. It's fan made.

Lies.

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
Hikky-Dikky
Hikky-Dikky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Gamer
Response to Windwaker HD thread! Jan. 24th, 2013 @ 05:24 PM Reply

At 1/24/13 05:14 PM, sweet21 wrote:
At 1/24/13 12:00 PM, LiquidFire wrote: I think you need to research things. It's fan made.
Lies.

Nope, it's fan-made. Sorry.

kmau
kmau
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Animator
Response to Windwaker HD thread! Jan. 24th, 2013 @ 10:45 PM Reply

Ooooh Nintendo you always know what I want..

BBS Signature
ChrisZonedOut
ChrisZonedOut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Artist
Response to Windwaker HD thread! Jan. 25th, 2013 @ 12:18 AM Reply

I guess I'm ok with the idea but still yet doesn't want me to go out and get the Wii U quite yet.
I'm waiting for a complete new game title before I would go out to get a remake, I'm perfectly fine with playing my Gamecube version still in the meanwhile.

BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Reader
Response to Windwaker HD thread! Jan. 25th, 2013 @ 02:08 AM Reply

At 1/24/13 05:14 PM, sweet21 wrote:
Lies.

No it's true. Unfortunately.

http://www.screwattack.com/news/fan-made-majoras-mask-hd-tra iler-looks-stunning

Find me on the internet / TF2 Crew / NG Trophy Leaderboard / NG User Icon Makers / NG GM Scripts

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Windwaker HD thread! Jan. 25th, 2013 @ 06:34 AM Reply

At 1/24/13 06:54 AM, The-Great-One wrote: This isn't a quick buck, what it is is a platform for people to buy the Nintendo Wii U. It is a great strategy.

I'm not sure I agree. For the 'innovators' of the game industry, Nintendo sure do seem to like playing it safe with re-releases and sticking to old franchises. I think it's a bad sign for gaming when the main selling point of a system is a re-release of an old game.

3DS - Ocarina of Time
WiiU - Wind Waker
Vita - Persona 4 (not Nintendo but another current console)

What does that say about the quality of current games, when the most desired games are actually polished versions of older games that sometimes have new content added? I have no interest in an OoT, WW or Persona 4 remake. I have all those games sitting right behind me on their original platform and there's nothing significantly wrong with any of them as they are.

I guess to people like me, who're losing faith in current generation video games, seeing all these re-releases isn't a good sign. It just backs up my opinion of games from previous generations being better than the games we get now. It doesn't give me any desire to get the latest consoles. I'd rather just brush the dust off my N64 and play some Banjo-Kazooie.

BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Windwaker HD thread! Jan. 25th, 2013 @ 08:07 AM Reply

At 1/25/13 06:34 AM, Dean wrote: I guess to people like me, who're losing faith in current generation video games, seeing all these re-releases isn't a good sign. It just backs up my opinion of games from previous generations being better than the games we get now. It doesn't give me any desire to get the latest consoles. I'd rather just brush the dust off my N64 and play some Banjo-Kazooie.

Well not only is this remake coming out, but so is the new Legend of Zelda for the WiiU. Remember a lot of people who bought the Nintendo Wii were new gamers. Now here comes this sequel to the Wii, this family console. What better game to re-release for it than Wind Waker, a cute version of The Legend of Zelda, and yes I know it is very badass, but dammit it is still fucking cute.

I stand by this being a good strategy, especially if they add something to it and/or incorporate the WiiU Tablet Controller. I mean think about this Dean, one thing I hated in Wind Waker was sailing, because it was easy to miss your mark if you weren't careful. Imagine sailing (in beautiful HD) and looking down at your tablet for the map. If Nintendo decides to do it that way.

| The Interviewer | Review Terms 3.0 | [This Space For Rent ] | Club Stoic |

BBS Signature
simon
simon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Windwaker HD thread! Jan. 25th, 2013 @ 09:22 AM Reply

At 1/23/13 02:53 PM, LiquidFire wrote: What about Majoras Mask?

Already on the Virtual Console, we can't play Gamecube games on the Wii U now so they're going to start releasing them in HD.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Playstation ID: SCParry || Steam ID: GNS_SimpLe
3DS Friend Code: 2878-9581-7218 || Nintendo ID: SCParry

BBS Signature
RyanRoxx666
RyanRoxx666
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Gamer
Response to Windwaker HD thread! Jan. 25th, 2013 @ 10:17 AM Reply

This will be awesome.

I'll be buying on launch.

I love Wind Waker <3

Blitzkrieg667
Blitzkrieg667
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Windwaker HD thread! Jan. 25th, 2013 @ 04:08 PM Reply

As much as I would prefer Majora's Mask (Which is by far my favourite Zelda game) I'm still pretty interested in this. These screens look gorgeous and are a massive improvement over the the original. To be honest I wasn't really impressed much with OOT 3D but that's probably due to the game having quite bland graphics to start with.

I'm happy with this. Wind Waker is still my second favourite Zelda title, besides possibly Skyward Sword. Hopefully this will be more than just a graphical overhaul.

darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Windwaker HD thread! Jan. 25th, 2013 @ 04:14 PM Reply

Well, there isn't enough demand for it I guess. And even if their was, they don't really care anyway.

Actually there's a lot of attention for it. Nintendo did a poll lately asking whic should be remade, Majoras mask or Link to the Past. Majoras Mask won and They announced it will be made, but first Shigeru wants to release a new Zelda game to the 3ds before the remake.

It's hip to be square, but it's hipper to be torus! // You shall watch and you shall like. // #FREEAMA2014

BBS Signature
darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Windwaker HD thread! Jan. 25th, 2013 @ 04:15 PM Reply

Crossing my fingers then. A majoras mask remake would actually make me go out and get a wiiu

It's going to be for the 3ds.

It's hip to be square, but it's hipper to be torus! // You shall watch and you shall like. // #FREEAMA2014

BBS Signature
darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Windwaker HD thread! Jan. 25th, 2013 @ 04:22 PM Reply

If how they treat their fan-bases in the past is any indication, I do.

The thing with Zelda games is that the fan base is extremely loyal compared to other Nintendo series, Pokémon being second. The fans have a massive love for the games, they are so dedicated to it, I know a Zelda fan who spent 3 years trying to figure out it's time line. Nintendo knows the fans are loyal and will do anything for their childhood memories to be brought back. Majoras mask didn't received enough attention because of the gamecube being released. With the Mother series, I know the fans are loyal, but it's not big enough to be released internationally. Also the games i pretty dark and with Nintendo's recent games being towards kids, this would be quite a risk for Nintendo, after all Mother 2 wasn't getting gamers to pull out the cash and into the tills stateside now was it?

BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Reader
Response to Windwaker HD thread! Jan. 26th, 2013 @ 01:09 PM Reply

At 1/25/13 04:15 PM, darkjam wrote:
Crossing my fingers then. A majoras mask remake would actually make me go out and get a wiiu
It's going to be for the 3ds.

Woops, yes, I meant for the 3ds

BBS Signature
iMini
iMini
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to Windwaker HD thread! Jan. 26th, 2013 @ 01:21 PM Reply

Are there any screenshot comparisons? The graphics in Wind Waker are pretty timeless, so I'm wondering if you can really warrant an HD remake?

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature
LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Windwaker HD thread! Jan. 26th, 2013 @ 01:30 PM Reply

At 1/26/13 01:21 PM, iMini wrote: Are there any screenshot comparisons? The graphics in Wind Waker are pretty timeless, so I'm wondering if you can really warrant an HD remake?

They had some in the actual announcement video.

sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Windwaker HD thread! Jan. 26th, 2013 @ 01:55 PM Reply

At 1/26/13 01:21 PM, iMini wrote: Are there any screenshot comparisons? The graphics in Wind Waker are pretty timeless, so I'm wondering if you can really warrant an HD remake?

The problem with last generation games is that they have a tenancy to wash out colors or ruin lighting. The HD makes the colors more vibrant and what looked washed out looks better now. But when I expect an HD upres of a game I also expect the sound design to be upped the ante as well. Hopefully the sword sounds more crisp and not muffled.

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to Windwaker HD thread! Jan. 26th, 2013 @ 07:24 PM Reply

They look pretty good (search Google for some more), but these are only of 3 characters and Windfall island. I hope the sea looks good, because that is a pretty important part of the game.

Windwaker HD thread!

Chdonga
Chdonga
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Game Developer
Response to Windwaker HD thread! Jan. 26th, 2013 @ 09:22 PM Reply

At 1/26/13 07:24 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: They look pretty good (search Google for some more), but these are only of 3 characters and Windfall island. I hope the sea looks good, because that is a pretty important part of the game.

This would look nicer if it didn't have realistic lighting.

BBS Signature
Blitzkrieg667
Blitzkrieg667
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Windwaker HD thread! Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 02:33 PM Reply

At 1/26/13 09:22 PM, Chdonga wrote:
At 1/26/13 07:24 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: They look pretty good (search Google for some more), but these are only of 3 characters and Windfall island. I hope the sea looks good, because that is a pretty important part of the game.
This would look nicer if it didn't have realistic lighting.

:If it didn't have realistic lighting.

:Realistic lighting.

lolwut

darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Windwaker HD thread! Jan. 29th, 2013 @ 04:16 PM Reply

I hope the sea looks good, because that is a pretty important part of the game.

Link is what they should focus their attention on. You spend hours playing as him, and if he looks great, gamers will like that.

BBS Signature
darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Windwaker HD thread! Jan. 30th, 2013 @ 03:10 PM Reply

At 1/29/13 04:44 PM, Protagonist wrote:

:The lighting is too realistic
I agree, most people hated Wind Waker because of cel shaded graphics, but I didn't care. It looked awesome and right now they look like Nintendo is making The Zelda version of Toy Story.

BBS Signature
Hikky-Dikky
Hikky-Dikky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Gamer
Response to Windwaker HD thread! Jan. 30th, 2013 @ 03:23 PM Reply

It really doesn't look that bad. The only problem is that there's way too much bloom, but other than that it looks fine.

darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Windwaker HD thread! Feb. 1st, 2013 @ 04:11 PM Reply

I remember being mesmerized by the explosions in WW, It would be a shame to see the little details like that ruined by ultra bloom, and by the jaggies from upscaling.

You're right, but in all fairness the remake is probably in beta and most mechanics, graphics and programming isn't in, so hopefully it will be changed.

BBS Signature
darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Windwaker HD thread! Aug. 29th, 2013 @ 05:09 PM Reply

Hero mode shown.

BBS Signature
Raab
Raab
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Movie Buff
Response to Windwaker HD thread! Aug. 29th, 2013 @ 08:54 PM Reply

nobody gives a fuck about windwanker....

Remake link to the past...

Remake OoT

Remake Majora's mask

Remake Link's Awakening

Remake the original Zelda

fuck that retarded cartoon joke of a game.

BBS Signature
Emlfuryoflion
Emlfuryoflion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Gamer
Response to Windwaker HD thread! Aug. 29th, 2013 @ 10:37 PM Reply

Canceled my amazon pre-order and got the one from gamestop with the ganondorf figure.

Use promo code SAVER for free shipping if you go with that method.

darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Windwaker HD thread! Aug. 29th, 2013 @ 11:05 PM Reply

At 8/29/13 10:37 PM, Emlfuryoflion wrote: Canceled my amazon pre-order and got the one from gamestop with the ganondorf figure.

I was thinking about getting that edition but I'd rather spend the money on Mario 3-D World when it comes out, let me know how it looks in real life please. Pictures never really do justice.

BBS Signature
ViceFullbuster
ViceFullbuster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Melancholy
Response to Windwaker HD thread! Aug. 30th, 2013 @ 09:03 AM Reply

i gotta say i'm kickin myself getting that 8GB Wii U basic set on release date now that i see the 32GB deluxe WindWaker bundle is coming soon for $50 cheaper plus with the game.

Either way i'm getting the game i haven't played Wind Waker since it was released on Gamecube and it was my personal 3rd favorite Zelda behind Link to the Past & Ocarina of Time i can't wait to play it once again. =)

It's interesting that it's getting released 2 weeks before the retailer's date on 9/20 it will be on the Nintendo Eshop while it will be available in stores on 10/04,i will probably end up playing the waiting game just for the limited edition Gamestop version that comes with a 5" Ganondorf figurine and plus lack of file space.

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature