New Topic Respond to this Topic
darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Windwaker HD thread! Jan. 23rd, 2013 @ 02:27 PM Reply

Who else saw the latest Nintendo direct? Nintendo announced a new Zelda game and Winawaker HD remake for the Wii u! I can't wait! Now lets discuss. I hope this doesn't mean that the remake for Majoras Mask has been cancelled.

It's hip to be square, but it's hipper to be torus!////You shall watch and you shall like.

BBS Signature
Chdonga
Chdonga
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Game Developer
Response to Windwaker HD thread! Jan. 23rd, 2013 @ 02:41 PM Reply

Here's a link.
http://www.gamespot.com/news/wind-waker-hd-brand-new-zelda-i n-the-works-for-wii-u-6402800
Looking at the screen caps, the lighting makes Link and Tetra look like vinyl toys. I hope that'll get polished up.
Also I hope they use the WiiU screen for Tingle Tuner instead of some random gimmick.

BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Reader
Response to Windwaker HD thread! Jan. 23rd, 2013 @ 02:53 PM Reply

What about Majoras Mask?

LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Windwaker HD thread! Jan. 23rd, 2013 @ 03:13 PM Reply

At 1/23/13 02:53 PM, LiquidFire wrote: What about Majoras Mask?

What about it?

tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Windwaker HD thread! Jan. 23rd, 2013 @ 03:17 PM Reply

Quite interesting. Haven't really been into the LOZ remakes all that much but this should be a good one. My copy of Wind Waker on the GameCube broke a while ago and I haven't been able to play it since.

BBS Signature
darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Windwaker HD thread! Jan. 23rd, 2013 @ 03:33 PM Reply

At 1/23/13 03:13 PM, LemonCrush wrote:
What about it?

Nintendo announced a while back that like with ocarina of time 3d, if they get enough fans behind the thing then a Majoras mask remake will be created.

It's hip to be square, but it's hipper to be torus!////You shall watch and you shall like.

BBS Signature
LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Windwaker HD thread! Jan. 23rd, 2013 @ 03:37 PM Reply

At 1/23/13 03:33 PM, darkjam wrote: Nintendo announced a while back that like with ocarina of time 3d, if they get enough fans behind the thing then a Majoras mask remake will be created.

Well, there isn't enough demand for it I guess. And even if their was, they don't really care anyway.

LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Reader
Response to Windwaker HD thread! Jan. 23rd, 2013 @ 04:13 PM Reply

At 1/23/13 03:33 PM, darkjam wrote:
At 1/23/13 03:13 PM, LemonCrush wrote:
What about it?
Nintendo announced a while back that like with ocarina of time 3d, if they get enough fans behind the thing then a Majoras mask remake will be created.

Crossing my fingers then. A majoras mask remake would actually make me go out and get a wiiu

LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Windwaker HD thread! Jan. 23rd, 2013 @ 04:27 PM Reply

At 1/23/13 04:13 PM, LiquidFire wrote: Crossing my fingers then. A majoras mask remake would actually make me go out and get a wiiu

Will never happen

Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to Windwaker HD thread! Jan. 23rd, 2013 @ 04:34 PM Reply

At 1/23/13 03:37 PM, LemonCrush wrote:
At 1/23/13 03:33 PM, darkjam wrote: Nintendo announced a while back that like with ocarina of time 3d, if they get enough fans behind the thing then a Majoras mask remake will be created.
Well, there isn't enough demand for it I guess. And even if their was, they don't really care anyway.

There was a petition which Nintendo saw. A fan CG rendition of the game was even made. There is interest, and Nintendo has acknowledged the fans.

LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Windwaker HD thread! Jan. 23rd, 2013 @ 04:49 PM Reply

At 1/23/13 04:34 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: There was a petition which Nintendo saw. A fan CG rendition of the game was even made. There is interest, and Nintendo has acknowledged the fans.

Fans have of Earthbound have also petitioned several times for American releases or releases, and they don't care.

Hikky-Dikky
Hikky-Dikky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Gamer
Response to Windwaker HD thread! Jan. 23rd, 2013 @ 05:31 PM Reply

At 1/23/13 04:49 PM, LemonCrush wrote:
At 1/23/13 04:34 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: There was a petition which Nintendo saw. A fan CG rendition of the game was even made. There is interest, and Nintendo has acknowledged the fans.
Fans have of Earthbound have also petitioned several times for American releases or releases, and they don't care.

As much as I love the game, I guarantee that Mother 3 would've bombed in America. It came out on the GBA in 2006. Who the fuck was playing GBA in 2006? Not many people.

LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Windwaker HD thread! Jan. 23rd, 2013 @ 06:03 PM Reply

At 1/23/13 05:31 PM, HikarutheHedgehog wrote: As much as I love the game, I guarantee that Mother 3 would've bombed in America. It came out on the GBA in 2006. Who the fuck was playing GBA in 2006? Not many people.

How many people are buying Wii's/U's? Not many. Doesn't stop them from planning to put Wind Waker on it. Because it's a killer app concept.

Mother 3 could've been a killer app, especially with the right marketing.

Even if it would've bombed...why can we still not get Earthbound or Mother 3 on virtual console? Or on the DS? Itoi and Nintendo just announced today (yesterday) that Earthbound is coming to the Virtual Console in Japan. But not here.

Hikky-Dikky
Hikky-Dikky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Gamer
Response to Windwaker HD thread! Jan. 23rd, 2013 @ 06:23 PM Reply

At 1/23/13 06:03 PM, LemonCrush wrote: How many people are buying Wii's/U's? Not many. Doesn't stop them from planning to put Wind Waker on it. Because it's a killer app concept.

This isn't the same thing. The Wii U is selling fine, even if it isn't the smash success that the original Wii was yet. Mother 3 came out very, very late in the GBA's lifespan. The only reason it did well in Japan was because the GBA was still selling there, whereas in America it was being completely overshadowed by the DS.

Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to Windwaker HD thread! Jan. 23rd, 2013 @ 06:45 PM Reply

At 1/23/13 04:49 PM, LemonCrush wrote:

The main difference is the country gap. Mother 3 seemed (ironically for a game about more Western characters) too odd for our shores. Majora's Mask was released here, and its sister game was already ported to 3DS will critical acclaim.

Also, the Wii won this console generation, and the Wii U sold 400 000 in the first week, compared to the cheaper Wii at 600 000.

Auz
Auz
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to Windwaker HD thread! Jan. 23rd, 2013 @ 07:02 PM Reply

After seeing the video I'm not sure if this will really be such a huge improvement over the Gamecube version. Maybe if they add some new sidequests or something it might be worth picking up. Also, they should at least do something with the Tingle Tuner and the WiiU-mote.

Anyway, I would've rather seen a remake of Majora's Mask, but I guess they're saving that for the 3DS.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 10 August 2014)

BBS Signature
Dev
Dev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Reader
Response to Windwaker HD thread! Jan. 23rd, 2013 @ 07:21 PM Reply

At 1/23/13 02:27 PM, darkjam wrote: Who else saw the latest Nintendo direct? Nintendo announced a new Zelda game and Winawaker HD remake for the Wii u! I can't wait! Now lets discuss. I hope this doesn't mean that the remake for Majoras Mask has been cancelled.

I love the idea of remaking these games, but I just can't bring myself to buy these new systems just for a remake of a classic game. I honestly don't know what I'm going to do when the first Zelda title is released for Wii U -I'll probably end up spending $350 just so I can play one game. lmao

Also, I can't believe Wind Waker is old enough to be revamped -where does the time go?

This sig is my identity -what was I thinking getting rid of it??
Holder of the Top 300 BP list.
Top 90 BP'er; EGSC #153

BBS Signature
SoulMaster71
SoulMaster71
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Movie Buff
Response to Windwaker HD thread! Jan. 24th, 2013 @ 01:54 AM Reply

It's official, Toon Link is now a Creator's Pet. That particular entry in the Zelda franchise received two sequels, despite the creation of at least one main series Zelda, Twilight Princess, that was in my opinion infinitely more deserving of continuation. And now Wind Waker gets a remake? I'm sorry, but even I, as a devoted (if somewhat behind on my playing due to lack of a Wii) Zelda fan, can't see the reason for this game to be remade. Its story revisited in a form that significantly modifies that monotonous Triforce Chart/Shard fetch quest into something more varied and interesting? Sure. Maybe something that actually gives the characters some emotional resonance? Definitely. But this isn't that. This isn't likely to be treated like Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver. This is a remake with HD graphics, and possibly nothing more, or at least not enough added content to fix everything that went wrong the first time. Admittedly I love Wind Waker's graphics (when they're not entirely in shades of blue ocean), but... I'm sorry, WW isn't Ocarina of Time. It doesn't need remaking. It doesn't deserve remaking. Not unless it's a portable remake, at least, like OoT got.

LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Reader
Response to Windwaker HD thread! Jan. 24th, 2013 @ 03:31 AM Reply

At 1/23/13 04:27 PM, LemonCrush wrote:
At 1/23/13 04:13 PM, LiquidFire wrote: Crossing my fingers then. A majoras mask remake would actually make me go out and get a wiiu
Will never happen

You don't know that

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Windwaker HD thread! Jan. 24th, 2013 @ 05:57 AM Reply

At 1/23/13 07:02 PM, Auz wrote: After seeing the video I'm not sure if this will really be such a huge improvement over the Gamecube version. Maybe if they add some new sidequests or something it might be worth picking up.

Yea, they need to add some new content or something. I played through Wind Waker on GameCube a few weeks ago and it was still perfectly playable and looked decent enough. Didn't seem like a game that particularly needed a HD remake if you ask me. Probably just an easy way for them to make a quick buck.

BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Windwaker HD thread! Jan. 24th, 2013 @ 06:54 AM Reply

At 1/24/13 05:57 AM, Dean wrote: Yea, they need to add some new content or something. I played through Wind Waker on GameCube a few weeks ago and it was still perfectly playable and looked decent enough. Didn't seem like a game that particularly needed a HD remake if you ask me. Probably just an easy way for them to make a quick buck.

I have played The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker. It was a good Zelda game. This isn't a quick buck, what it is is a platform for people to buy the Nintendo Wii U. It is a great strategy. They got the early buyers, now time to kick hard, and from the looks of things, Nintendo is really gonna kick.

| The Interviewer | Review Terms 3.0 | [This Space For Rent ] | Club Stoic |

BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Windwaker HD thread! Jan. 24th, 2013 @ 11:37 AM Reply

Didn't they announce a majoras mask remake a while ago?
Oh they did.

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Reader
Response to Windwaker HD thread! Jan. 24th, 2013 @ 12:00 PM Reply

At 1/24/13 11:37 AM, sweet21 wrote:
Didn't they announce a majoras mask remake a while ago?
Oh they did.

I think you need to research things. It's fan made.

LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Windwaker HD thread! Jan. 24th, 2013 @ 12:06 PM Reply

At 1/24/13 03:31 AM, LiquidFire wrote: You don't know that

If how they treat their fan-bases in the past is any indication, I do.

It's not just Earthbound, they do the same shit with Mario, F-Zero, Starfox...hell, even metroid sometimes. They don't really listen to fans.

Kunera
Kunera
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Windwaker HD thread! Jan. 24th, 2013 @ 12:12 PM Reply

I'll probably pick up a Wii U at some point in the future, at least that'll be one more reason to make it at least semi-worthwhile.

Hey guys, you should totally check out my YouTube channel.
Also, dat Steam

BBS Signature
LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Windwaker HD thread! Jan. 24th, 2013 @ 12:14 PM Reply

At 1/24/13 01:54 AM, SoulMaster71 wrote: It's official, Toon Link is now a Creator's Pet. That particular entry in the Zelda franchise received two sequels, despite the creation of at least one main series Zelda, Twilight Princess, that was in my opinion infinitely more deserving of continuation. And now Wind Waker gets a remake? I'm sorry, but even I, as a devoted (if somewhat behind on my playing due to lack of a Wii) Zelda fan, can't see the reason for this game to be remade. Its story revisited in a form that significantly modifies that monotonous Triforce Chart/Shard fetch quest into something more varied and interesting? Sure. Maybe something that actually gives the characters some emotional resonance? Definitely. But this isn't that. This isn't likely to be treated like PokÃf©mon HeartGold and SoulSilver. This is a remake with HD graphics, and possibly nothing more, or at least not enough added content to fix everything that went wrong the first time. Admittedly I love Wind Waker's graphics (when they're not entirely in shades of blue ocean), but... I'm sorry, WW isn't Ocarina of Time. It doesn't need remaking. It doesn't deserve remaking. Not unless it's a portable remake, at least, like OoT got.

There was nothing wrong with the first game. It matched up perfectly with what Zelda is, and always has been about. Find the dungeon, get the thing, kill the bad guys, save the Princess. WW fit that perfectly, and do so in an interesting way (islands and ocean). With amazing, timeless graphics.

IMO, choosing Wind Waker as a remake is probably because it's an underdog/unexpected, will bring attention to a lesser known Zelda, and will bring an easier, wide appeal Zelda to the Wii U.

And don't even get me started on that travesty that is Ocarina 3DS.

Linktopast
Linktopast
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Windwaker HD thread! Jan. 24th, 2013 @ 01:02 PM Reply

Can't wait. I think it's time for me to get a Wii U.

Hello.

Chemich
Chemich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Windwaker HD thread! Jan. 24th, 2013 @ 01:56 PM Reply

At 1/23/13 02:27 PM, darkjam wrote: Who else saw the latest Nintendo direct? Nintendo announced a new Zelda game and Winawaker HD remake for the Wii u! I can't wait! Now lets discuss. I hope this doesn't mean that the remake for Majoras Mask has been cancelled.

To be honest they'll probably remake everything they can in HD (since it HONESTLY isn't all that hard to do since they already have everything pre designed.) It's a quick way to earn a great buck for them, and honestly I'd like to play Windwaker in HD. The original WindWaker in my opinion had some really fun to look at graphics, but them making them prettier would definitely loosen my grip on my wallet.

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

BBS Signature
LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Windwaker HD thread! Jan. 24th, 2013 @ 03:33 PM Reply

At 1/24/13 01:56 PM, Chemich wrote: To be honest they'll probably remake everything they can in HD (since it HONESTLY isn't all that hard to do since they already have everything pre designed.) It's a quick way to earn a great buck for them, and honestly I'd like to play Windwaker in HD. The original WindWaker in my opinion had some really fun to look at graphics, but them making them prettier would definitely loosen my grip on my wallet.

This is a double edged sword.

On one hand, you strengthen the foundation Nintendo was built on. Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Kirby, etc.

Unfortunatly, this can also work again them, and create the mindset that they can't create anything new/interesting.

Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to Windwaker HD thread! Jan. 24th, 2013 @ 03:54 PM Reply

At 1/24/13 12:14 PM, LemonCrush wrote:
At 1/24/13 01:54 AM, SoulMaster71 wrote:
IMO, choosing Wind Waker as a remake is probably because it's an underdog/unexpected, will bring attention to a lesser known Zelda, and will bring an easier, wide appeal Zelda to the Wii U.

It is not lesser known. It had a huge number of fans up in arms about its style, and is raved about nowadays as an amazing game that a lot of people played.

And don't even get me started on that travesty that is Ocarina 3DS.

Unless you are going to touch on the fact that Ocarina had flaws to begin with, then anything you say here is stupid because the remake was better in everyway.

On another note, I asked for some Gamecube games for Christmas, including the Thousand Year Door and this. Fuck. My luck really sucks.